OtakuBoards

Valentines Day Death

Raquel

[COLOR=Silver][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]There no real specific range of people that kill themselve on Valentines Day. Is like the same thing they say that people kill themselves on christmas. There was actually a research on what months and holidays does sucide go up. The result was that sucide doesn't go up at holidays, certain months, or certain day times. People just kill themselves whenever.

You can go to ask jeeves or so if you really insist. I not sure any other sites that might help you.

I hope that helped a little[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]My god, Kiyana -- there's [b]no reason to take your life because of a holiday.[/b] The picture you posted was rather disturbing.

I suppose this wouldn't be a good time for me to voice my opinion on how I feel about those who 'hate valentines day.' >_>[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Silver]
[SIZE=1]Yes true you can forever rant about does things. It would turn into a endless argument don't you think?

If you really want to know about sucide rates in Valentine you should type in " Sucide Rates over the months". If you get some result it would give you some clue. If sucide rates go up in december or febuary then the rumors are true. Yet for my opinion I think that personal will can not be charted.

Like my friends like to say "When in doubt, google it" :cool: [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#646546][SIZE=1]Actually, suicide rates go down during the winter months then up during spring. Says so in [URL=http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm][b]this[/b][/URL] site. Methinks it's more reliable than Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary (please pray for its immediate deliverance).[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=crimson] I'd say, if there are no abnormal suicide rate statistics fro Valentines day, there are no abnormal suicide rates.

It's like the Christmas suicide urban legend, which was debunked by Snopes.com. As the legend goes, "a holiday or special day like Valentines which epmhasises togetherness and family/love will inevitably greaten the pain of those who do not have that special someone, driving many to end it all."

However, there is no fact behind this assumption Though it is an easy conclusion to come to, it is most likely that suicide rates stay steady as most victims will procrastinate and mull over the though of taking their own life before going ahead on the plan, unless they're completely sadist and 100% self-loathing.[/color]

aww that's depressing...

I hope that not many people kill themselves on Valentine's Day... personally I think it's stupid... well, suicide is stupid on it's own... it's such a selfish act, and to think that someone would kill themselves because they are alone on Valentine's Day makes it seem even more selfish! But I guess it still happens...

I would think that the suicide rate would be higher for Christmas time though.