OtakuBoards

My music is the greastest and I can prove it!!!!!!

Darkness

I've been seeing a lot of threads where people are giving opinions of they fav bands and stuff, so I'm starting this one. I want you to tell me what is you favorite type of music and why. Then tell me what is your most hated and why. This thread was made for "civil debate". Don't be a punk, Voice your opinion!

For all of you that ride the short bus to school; don't just say that something sucks. Back it up genius!!!! If someone has already done this before, screw it, I haven't seen it. I'll give my thoughts later. Also, talk about the music, don't dis each other. I don't like that, and I doubt the mods do either. So come wit it already!:smirk:

Guest Master O Beans
Favs: [B]Metal[/B], [B]Rap[/b], Classic Rock, Classical, Techno/Electronica, [B]Show Tunes! (Musicals)[/B], and some J-pop (thnx TN :rolleyes: listening to U+K right now ;) )

Dislike: Country. Light 'rock'
...It just doesn't appeal to me :D

I like metal because it gets me pumped up. And I like country because it reminds me of my family.

I hate rap it shouldn't be considered music, it's all about the same thing some guy thinking he is a pimp when he really isn't. I also hate it because it's not the greatest thing to hear blasting from someones speakers at 2 in the morning. :flaming:

Guest Voodookanaka
I like more 'unique' music and sound. music that has a tune, good riffs, something that makes me feel like moving, and is something pretty different, not the same old thing being done over and over.

I agree with SSJ3 above about rap, pretty much 4 the same reasons.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ3 Trunks [/i]
[B]I like metal because it gets me pumped up. And I like country because it reminds me of my family.

I hate rap it shouldn't be considered music, it's all about the same thing some guy thinking he is a pimp when he really isn't. I also hate it because it's not the greatest thing to hear blasting from someones speakers at 2 in the morning. :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well alot of rap is how you described it, but I know of a lot of rap that is totally different. If you take some time out to explore, you might like some of the other stuff. (Rakim, Lauren Hill,etc) Oh, and I don't like to hear any music blasting at two in the morning, unless i'm at a party. Whether I like the music isn't a concern.

[color=indigo] [font=courier] I love rock...it's what I was raised on, and besides, the guitars and the drums and everything get me totally pumped. I especially like really loud rock, like punk or metal...I like punk because it's short, sweet, to the point, and just plain out awesome. I'm a dancer, too, so I like some of the pop....mostly dance mixes, but I really and truly love Janet Jackson. If only I could dance like her, then I'd be totally set. I don't like all pop though.... Britney makes me sick :mad: She's such a skank to me. But then again, I hafta wear little white and silver spandex dresses with white go go boots, so I really don't have all that much room to be talking. Rap can be ok, but I don't like it that much....I suppose that's about all that I have to say on that subject, but I could go on for hours....I :love: LOVE :love: music! Laters cool kids!

love yas:smooch: !
Katie[/color] [/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]

Well alot of rap is how you described it, but I know of a lot of rap that is totally different. If you take some time out to explore, you might like some of the other stuff. (Rakim, Lauren Hill,etc) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You're absolutely correct ;)

I said this before in another music thread, but I think I shall state my opinion again:

I like both rock and rap, they're both totally different styles, and they both rock in their own ways.

For you (ie. most of you) to say that all rap is a bunch of guys saying they're pimps, is like me saying all rock is about hating the world and wanting to kill yourself.

Honestly, stop the stereotypes about music. I know you don't like to be stereotyped as being a nerd if you like anime or whatever, so don't stereotype music that you know hardly anything about. I gave rock a chance, and ended up liking it! (imagine that)

So, I've said a lot of this before, but I said it again :p...along with "don't let this turn into a music-bashing thread...if you do...is shall be closed" ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]This thread is open for argument!!!!!
[/B][/QUOTE]

No.... this thread is not open for argument... you can debate in a civil manner, but any argument will result in this topic being closed/deleted.

I don't hate any kinda of music... I just choose not to listen to them because I simply do not prefer them. You name it, I would listen to it. If I had to listen to rap the rest of my life to stay alive, I'd do it. I don't like certain rap artists (ie: Ludacris or whatever) but I like Snoop Dogg and a few others... I like Japanese rap alot too. Country, I used to listen to alot, so I'd have no problem listening to it if I had to... I choose not to listen to those genre's of music alot because alot of it doesn't appeal to me. Rap, to me, sometimes has rappers attempting to sing, and singers who can't sing at all or just sound annoying in the process (ie: nelly Furtado) but like Snoop Dogg, he doesn't do all that crap... he just raps and he's got a great voice... smooth and soft.... not harsh and yelling like some people. And country... I dunno if there's a really good reason I don't listen to country alot... I think it's silly that they wear those tight jeans and cowboy hats but thats just me... the music is ok..

I prefer trance music, hard rock (NOT hardcore, Slipknot, whatever), alternative rock, non-trendy pop (Trendy pop is all female and male singers like Britney Spears and all boy bands), Pop-Rock, Classical... anything without lyrics is pretty much awesome... and anything else...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]My favorite is Slow.Non fav POP! [/B][/QUOTE]

Why? As I said when I started the thread, Iwant reasons. This serves no purpose if you don't give some personality to your statements! I just want this to turn into something worth discussing. So,from now on, get a little more in depth. Or, am I the only true music fan here?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

No.... this thread is not open for argument... you can debate in a civil manner, but any argument will result in this topic being closed/deleted.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I will change that, because I don't want to start war. But I do have the intention of making this at least insightful; and sometimes you can't do that without bumping heads a little. I don't want this thread deleted, but I want everyone to get their point across, like you did.

As for me, I love R&B because of how you can get lost in the melody or be brought to tears just by the words that are written. This can be true for a lot of music, but to me, R&B voices this feeling the best. As for music I don't like, I'd have to say that most heavy metal isn't my cup of tea. I try to sample more than just one thing, and from what I've heard so far, metal is more about screaming than actually singing. I'm not saying that the artists can't sing, I'm just saying that most of them chose not to do so. I'm not very big on screaming. There is nothing appealing about that, anyone can do it.

My favorite type of music is METAL and PUNK. I don't know what it is, but when I hear it, it makes me want to just jump around and head band and be happy. It makes me feel truly alive to listen to it. My favorite band is Godsmack definately. I also like a WHOLE lot of other bands. The more mellowed out ones, like Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc etc.

I don't like RAP. It just offends me. In all the rap videos they all have this half naked chics who dance around and they think it's so sexy. Well it's SICK. And all they seem to talk about is SEX. Life has more meaning than procreation.

[SIZE=1]My likes are simple: Punk, rock, metal, alternative, goth, emo, ska, and all the J-music I've listened to(compliments to TN)...

Why? It all just makes sense, except for the maintsream people because 9 times out of 10 they've sold out and changed all together and sound horrible. The lyrics are great and flow together in a better way than any other genre of music can put it without sounding the same. What the music stands for is better than any other kind out there, and overall it's just better.

Dislikes: Any kind of music that isnt listed above.

I've been around every corner of America's music and it all just sucked to me. I've never liked classical, jazz, country, or anything like that. I've grown to overly despise pop, and rap is just annoying. Although the only rap group I can tolerate is Bone Thugs 'n Harmony(compliments to my brother) anything else is to irritating to listen to. Pop just drives me up the wall, ESPECIALLY britney spears, she is such a :cussing: poser it's not even funny, she can't even dance she just walk around the stage thinking she's the sexy :cussing:, she has to be the biggest sell-out in the history of music, AND she doesn't know her own territory. And to make it all worse, my sister listens to her, so I have to put up with that crap every freakin day. And you know what? As I said before she doesn't know her own territory, she had no right to remake "I Love Rock and Roll", I don't care if the Rolling Stones said she could do "Satisfaction" because she probably had to return the favor if you know what I mean. All she is is trendy-:cussing: poser pop and she should keep in those boundries and not front as something else.[/SIZE]