OtakuBoards

Tekken 4

Bulma Melody

Well Tekken 4 in the arcade is pretty cool. Obviously the graphics are amazing, the only things that suck are the character selection (around..12 or 14, I forget), tekken 2, 3, and tag all had more people >=(. Also because of the new arena "Walls", it's too ez to become trapped against a crowd of spectators (that are really just a wall) and not be able to get out. Perhaps if it had an 8-way run type system like in soul calibur. Either way, as long as hwaorang and Xaiyou (or whatever) are in it I'll be happy. Now all I need is another installment in the "Vs" series (like marvel vs. capcom 2).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B]I saw some visuals for the game, and apparently you can interract with object, ie: you can smash some ones face onto a stone foutain. I can't wait till it comes out. Does anyone know if dead or alive 3 has that same playability? [/B][/QUOTE]

your right, you can interact with the scenery such as smash opponents against the wall, accidentally punch a bystander, etc. although it does not have the same level as interactivity as doa2/3....

Has anyone seen any clips for tekken 4 yet? I hav tekken 3 and do not kno if i should go ahead and get 4 as well, although it will be a while. What I need to kno is if it that much different from tekken 3 to make me want to buy the next one. August is a long time from now though, and i will probably hav a lot of fighting games by then anyway.

Eh the new characters suck, the boxer can't kick, christie's just an eddy ripoff, and the wrestler guy...pfft. I dunno I like it better than Tekken 3 for some reason, but 2 is my favorite. Like Mortal Kombat, 2 had the most improvement over it's predecessor, and was more fun to play. After a while, tekken 3 became so...mechanical and monotonous ::shrugs::. Tekken 4 just isn't as fun as the others, I don't know what it is, you'll rarely find crowds of people waiting for a turn, maybe because there's so few characters to choose from, or everyone uses the same method, who knows.