OtakuBoards

New Portrait

cancer

Rate This Pic (1 being the lowest)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate This Pic (1 being the lowest)

[size=1]You posted the same thread twice, just so you know.

The portrait is very well done, although there are a few slight imperfections in the drawing. Her nose is very pointy--and if I wasn't looking carefully, I probably wouldn't have noticed her left nostril either, what with the shading being so light. Her shoulder and arm don't look like a shoulder or an arm either. It just looks like little bumps on her left side.

Her eye also looks a bit odd, her iris looks more like an oval and not a circle.

Granted, I don't know what you friend looks like so she could very well look exactly like that. In that case, I'm sorry I made fun of her.[/size]

Yeah, I posted the same thread twice on accident because OB was moving so slow and not working, so it didnt show up. The nose looks pointy there, but thats just because of the angle shes at, and yes, the face could have used more shading, that's one thing I noticed. The eye and shoulder looked like that in the picture, and I thought it looked strange too, but oh well, lol. Thanks for your comments.

I like the angle you drew this at; it gives the composition an edge. It's also really well drawn and the coloring is nice. The only critique I have for it is that I think the resolution isn't that great - it looks a little grainy - but it probably looks better on paper anyway. I also don't really like the choice of colors. With this piece, I think you could've done something really crazy with the colors to make it completely stand out and I don't think you accomplished that. But overall I like it and I think it's an interesting picture. : D

[QUOTE=OpS]It's excellent! :animesmil

It's perfect as is--you did a wonderful job on it--you have talent in art! I really love the angle.

Bravo to you! ;)

~OpS[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards, OpS!

While I'm sure xliquidousx appreciates your enjoying the picture, your post does nothing to help improve their work. You mentioned the angle, which is a good start -- try to elaborate on that, though. What about the angle? What else do you like? What don't you like? Those are the questions you should be asking yourself as you look at the portrait.

Please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52171][b]Art Studio Rules[/b][/url], as well as the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php][b]Official OtakuBoards Rules[/b][/url] so that you understand how things work around here. I hope you enjoy your stay![/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Welcome to OtakuBoards, OpS!

While I'm sure xliquidousx appreciates your enjoying the picture, your post does nothing to help improve their work. You mentioned the angle, which is a good start -- try to elaborate on that, though. What about the angle? What else do you like? What don't you like? Those are the questions you should be asking yourself as you look at the portrait.

Please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52171][b]Art Studio Rules[/b][/url], as well as the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php][b]Official OtakuBoards Rules[/b][/url] so that you understand how things work around here. I hope you enjoy your stay![/size][/QUOTE]

Uuh, I like the drawin'--I have nothin' negative to say. The angle makes the picture work, despite the choice of colours and such. It looks professionally done. I rather enjoy seein' slight imperfections in a drawin' because it gives the pic character--like some anime for instance--the art can be off kelter but that's okay--that's the character, else style of the artist drawin' it.

That's merely my opinion. :animesigh

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please, take my art class..your work is just amazing.

Your work has such a sense of realism in it that it just makes it seem like those are actually photographs that were taken and you just colored it in basicly. (which even doing that I can make look that good) the proportion is also good, making it seem like there was a wide angeled camera used even though you had just said you drew it using colored pencils. That still just simply blows me away. The contrast between light and dark also makes a bold statment. The dark of the picture draws me heavily to the face and the eyes mostly, which is where most of the picture is taking place.

The one and only thing that I can find as a flaw though is the black of the hair on the black of the shirt. This is more of a personal thing though so don't take it to heavily. My eyes just seem to get lost at the point where the hair ends and the shirt begins, but then again this is just me.

overall you have done something that I would never be able to do I think in my life. you deserve a full 10 for that.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I absolutely love it. The colors are vibrant, and all my favorites <3
The sun-type thing at the bottom is great too, but the black for the center I'm kind of iffy about, it seems a little out of place to me..
I don't have very many constructive-criticisms for ya, maybe a little bit more color and shading to her face to give it more definition, but not too much.. I'm just saying that mainly because there seems to be an overabundance of white, and if your going to keep the rays of the sun white, it washes out her face a bit..

Those are just my opinions, but I really think it's awesome.だいすきですよ!