OtakuBoards

Battle Royale [M-VL]

Ezekiel

[B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1]Warning: This RP will contain extreme violence, as the basic theme of it is to kill each other. If you're not keen on gory, bloody scenes, then don't join.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[FONT=Courier New][CENTER]Government Internal Memo 1997, No. 00387461 (Top Secret)

Dispatched by Central Authority Secretariat Special Task Force Defence Supervisor and Battle Experiment Advisor of the Special Defence Army

To: Supervisor in Charge of No. 12 1997 Battle Experiment No. 68 Program (May 20, 18:15)

We have confirmed evidence of an intrusion into the central government operations system. The intrusion was undetected on the date of its occurrence, March 12. We are currently investigating and additional evidence of re-entry.

The suspect?s possible identity, purpose and any possible information leaks are also being investigated, but because the suspect?s computer skills were highly advanced, we anticipate a significant delay in producing the suspect?s profile.

The Central Authority Secretariat Special Task Force Defence Supervisor and the Battle Experiment Division of the Special Defence Army were informed that data from Program No. 68 may have been corrupted, and as a result we immediately considered the postponement of Program No. 12 for 1997.

However, because preparations for No. 12 are complete, and because there is no indication that the above data has been leaked into the civilian population, we have concluded that the program should proceed as scheduled.

As the supervisor in charge of executing the experiment, you, supervisor of Program No. 12 are to proceed with extreme caution.

This information is classed as top secret and is to be treated as such.[/CENTER][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]The Program is an event that occurs every year in Japan and is classed as top secret until it has concluded. However, once the few days the program lasts for are over, the media swoop in and everyone across the country knows what has happened. Because of this, everyone knows exactly what it is from when they are mere children. It has even been covered in textbooks from the fourth grade onwards.

Here is a quote taken from the [I]Republic of Greater Asian Compact Encyclopaedia[/I]:
?[B]Program[/B] [I]n.[/I] 1. A listing of the order of events and other information [?] 4. A battle simulation program conducted by our nation?s ground defence forces, instituted for security reasons. Officially known as the battle experiment No. 68 program. The first program was held in 1947, Fifty third-year junior high school classes are selected annually (prior to 1950, 47 classes were selected) to conduct the Program for research purposes. Classmates in each class are forced to fight until one survivor is left. Results from this experiment, including the elapsed time, are entered as data. The final survivor of each class (the winner) is provided with a lifetime pension and a signed card from The Great Dictator??

Battle Royale is a novel by Koushun Takami, which originally sparked controversy because of its violence, but soon became a runaway best seller. It?s also been turned into a manga series and movie, both by the same name.

If you haven?t read the book/manga or seen the movie, it honestly doesn?t matter, because the basic plot is really easy to understand and this RP won?t contain any spoilers.

You will all be playing as a student from Third Year Class A, Seto Junior High School. The class has 17 girls and 23 boys all with different strengths and weaknesses. Some are bullies, some are loners, but all of them are just normal 15 year olds. By this I of course mean I don?t want super humans here. Having experience in martial arts or being good at brawling is fine, but I don?t want [B]anyone[/B] trying to get away with making a character that killed five guys with his bare hands when he was 6, yeah? That would totally take the fun out of this game.

[B]Before you sign up, there are a couple of things you need to know will be happening [/B] ([COLOR=Red]Please, please read this[/COLOR]):
?The students all believe they are going on a study trip and have packed their bags for a few days away. They are all on a coach and have no reason to believe anything odd is going on.
?You all start off wearing [URL=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/Jun1.jpg]this uniform [/URL] but if your character chooses to take the chance of getting dressed into their own clothes during the game, that?s your choice.
?This is a survival game. I will be participating, but I?ll die pretty early on, as I?m the one who decides who lives and who dies. There is no voting system, but you have to prove to me that you are deserving of winning this game. Post quality, good decisions and enthusiasm give you brownie points.
?There aren?t going to be big duels spanning three posts in this. If you encounter an NPC, you can kill them without me having to intervene, but as soon as all the NPCs are dead (there will be quite a few, I?m guessing) then you?re going to start killing each other.
Once you encounter another player, you should start the fight, let them continue it and then leave it at a point where either of you could die. I will then decide who will win the match and PM the one who dies. The victor will then end the fight. This makes things fair, you see.
?When the game starts; I will be PMing those accepted with their ?Day Bags?. This ?bag? contains a map of the island, a list of students (I?ll make a full list, including the NPCs names), simple food, 1 litre of water and a random weapon. As in the book, the game isn?t designed to be fair, so don?t expect me to be giving everyone sub-machine guns and katanas.

More will be explained in the Underground/when the game starts, so I?ll get on with the sign up.

[B]Name:[/B] (Japanese)
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Remember, everyone is wearing the same uniform when the game starts, so you don?t have to describe clothing.)
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]School File:[/B] (This is where I want you to tell me how your character acts in school, what their motivations are, what they are good at and what relationships they have with other characters. This can obviously be edited as more people sign up and I have no problems if you don?t fill it in at all until much later.)

I?m pretty sure that?s it; so if you have any questions, post them in the Underground thread. ^_^ Thanks for reading.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Uchiyama Zeshin
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Appearance:[/B] Zeshin views himself as the epitome of cool, and works his style accordingly, from his horribly non-regulation hair-length to the occasional minor uniform tweak. His plain black hair reaches down to his shoulders, one half swept back over his ear, the other side hanging in his face. His bangs on that half are tipped with silver, and he has silver streaks on the back of his head. His eyes are typically narrow, and a deep brown flecked with gold. His features are sharp, angular, and handsome.

He usually wears the sleeves of his jacket rolled up, with a spiked wrist band on one arm and a simple bead bracelet on the other. He usually keeps the jacket open entirely, with a white shirt underneath, to show off his silver cross necklace, which he wears for no religious reasons, simply the cool factor.

[B]Personality:[/B] Cocky, self-assured, and anti-authoritarian, Zeshin is a punk through and through, living his life to the ideal of the American punk rocker. He doesn't take crap from anybody, and never hesitates to kick the living hell out of anyone he doesn't like, and has a tendency to mouth off to teachers and skip school whenever he wants. He curses, he starts fights, and is generally nothing but a trouble-maker who most people will no doubt be happy to see gone.

[B]School File:[/B] Later.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Yamato Kamia (Matt)
[b]Gender: [/b]Male
[b]Appearance:[/b] Matt has rather short hair, dark brown, and usually has it going completely down from the center of his head. He wears glasses that complement his looks, which also makes his eyes seem big. He has hazel colored eyes, and are always open and bright.[/size]
[size=1]He is approximetaly 5' 4'', and weighs around 150 lbs. He isn't athletic, but he's not a couch potato either. But you can tell that he's tough by the look in his eyes if you look past his innocence.[/size]

[size=1][b]Personality: [/b]Matt loves to make people laugh. He always has a positive attitude, even though he wasn't as popular or classy as the rest of his class. But he somehow seemed to be happy. He doesn't like violence and doesn't condone or participate in anything that has to do with physically hurting anyone in real life. Matt likes to help others a lot and will do anything to help them. Matt is also VERY shy around girls.[/size]
[size=1]When backed into a wall, forced to fight, he's a force to be reckoned with. Although he is capable of taking on a high school football quarterback with no more than a scrape, he also tends to attack ANYONE who gets in his way, no matter who. After the episode, he can't remember it. This has only happened twice; once when he was in middle school, and the other during his freshman year.[/size]
[size=1]
[b]School File:[/b] During school, Matt is a well kept young man, never got in any serious trouble except for those times in middle school and his freshman year. He always does his work, although he usually procrastinates rather often. He always helps out others, according to teachers, and seems to get along with many of the students rather well.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]I hope this is to your liking. If any changes are needed, go ahead and PM me or post them. About the name 'Matt', that was a name given to him by an American friend who couldn't remember Yamato. Only his close friends call him Matt. Everyone else, it's either Yamato or Kamia.
[/size]

Name: RuruKi Taneo

Appearance: she has short sliver hair down to about her shoulders and blue eyes white but not pale skin she slightly muscular she stands about 5?5 and weighs approximately 160 lbs

Personality: She is shy and quiet but she has a wilder side that she expressed threw her hobby. Kendo she is a level 3 kendo student she loves Kendo, Movies, going to the mall, and egg rolls she hasn?t found a boy yet though she hates people who think they are tough but don?t prove it if she hears any of that stuff she will challenge them and put them in her place even though she likes to fight she isn?t a bully

School File: she doesn?t have many friends except the people on the kendo team who treat her with respect because she can beat any of them in a duel she is a good student and many of the teachers like her

(OOC: I hope that?s good enough PM me if I need to change something

[SIZE=1]OMGEEEEESH! A Battle Royale RP, that is one of the best manga's and films I've read and saw.

[B]Name[/B]: Kurokawa Ren

[B]Gender[/B]: Male

[B]Appearance[/B]: Kurokawa?s hair has been dyed black with two thick pink stripes going through it, his hair is slightly long and covers his face but doesn?t go passed the bottom of his neck. His eyes are a mighty blue colour which reflect off of the sun making them gleam brilliantly. Kurokawa is quite tall but has some muscle on his tall body.

[B]Personality[/B]: Kurokawa keeps to himself unless around friends of his where he tends to be slightly crazy. He enjoys music a fair bit and when he is not with his friends he will usually be plugged in and listening to his favourite bands. Friends describe Kurokawa as being mellow and insane, describing moments in the past where he has ran around a birthday party with a knife ?killing? balloons. And where he has jamp out of the window of his house which is around 4 stories high just to escape being grounded. But at times he keeps to himself with his music and doesn?t speak much when spoken to.

[b]School File[/B]: ((As Jamie said, I shall be leaving my school file for a later moment.))[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blooming
Name:ishizokio kushenza
Appearance:laterin the night wears a long black cloak and under that wears a long black halter top and a black mini skirt
Personality:very mysterious and dark seems to have a very mysterious past and is very cold,and she just moved and everyone already knows not to anger her cause she seems to have a mysterious power and she hates everyone who gets in her way
School File:dark,mature,mysterious and cold
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(pm me if it has to be changed or if it is not good enough!)

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=RoyalBlue][b]Name:[/b] Kado Toshi
[b]Gender: [/b]Female
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1144/11312894674278yl.jpg"]Natural Kado Toshi[/url]
[b]Personality: [/b]Toshi likes to be in a group, but she's not a follower. She doesn't like to be a lear either. She's independent on her own, but is stronger when she is with someone that she trusts. She has a temper that she often tries to hide. She acts friendly to her friends and even to her enemies sometimes. She's also not one to panic and usually keeps a clear head.
[b]School File:[/b] Editing later.
[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkgreen][size=1]
I hope I can still sign up for this...

[B]Name:[/B] Keiji Maeda

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Appearance:[/B] Keiji is a very thin young man, seemingly frail to some extent, this has led to his pursuit of martial arts training to toughen himself up. He has since gain a little muscle mass, but nothing to be outwardly visible. He is still afraid of conflict, and his shifty eyes and usually alert face reflects that. His dusty black hair is a dirty mess ontop his head which hangs slightly over his brow. His nose is quite long, covering a good portion of his face, and his eyes are green, always shifting and aware. His jaw is thin and straight, nearly squared. His eye brows are a sharp over his shifty eyes. He stands around 5'11" and weighs a mear 150 lbs, clearly explaining his weak disposition. Since he has never been tested, he has no clue what he can accomplish with his body.

Keiji wears his uniform very shabbily, seeing as how he has a low opinion of himself to begin with. His clothes are baggy around his thin frame. He wears his jacket open and his shirt untucked. He cares little about his outer appearance. (Could I be PMed a pic of this uniform?)

[B]Personality:[/B] Paranoid and unsure of himself, Keiji is always suspicious of those around him and what there motivations are. He yearns to make a name for himself, and to be accepted by those around him, but because of his frail and afraid attitude, he is teased and bullied. It has been like that for some time. This has caused him to hate all those around him and be untrusting to anyone he meets. Despite this, he is not very aggresive because of his inferiority complex, which is slowly transforming into a Napoleon complex. Keiji does not realize the potential he and his mind has.

[B]School File:[/B] (Later I suppose...)[/color][/size]

Name:Hakudoshi Sekimoto
Apperance:he wheres glasses with his uniform if thats alright
Personailty:calm, sarcastic, keeps to himself, talks to people who are intrested in talking to him, smart,
Schoolfile: hakudoshi can get along with anybody, unless they get on his nerves, but otherwise he is a cool guy with other people