Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
well i finnally finished the first book and i must say if you have not seen these things you must buy them i was very impressed...
besides there is nothing better than everyone in the series getting all screwed up on drugs like every 20 or so pages.

my overall thought is that they needed more bikes aND stuff like that in tha mvie so the manga deffinantly makes up for that
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B]I didn't know there were an Akira books, I guess it must be much more in depth. Please let me know where I can get them.:mrt: [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you live in the UK? If so you should be able to get them from most reasonable sized book shops - I work in one so I should know :D I can give you the ISBN numbers if you need to get someone to order them for you. You could also try a company called Red Route distribution, who are one of the largest manga distributors in the uk - again I have their number if you want it, but I don't know if they do private orders. If you are the us they are published by dark horse so they should be in most comic shops or at least on Amazon. As we have the first 4 volumes out over here you should have at least these in the US. Hope I've been a little helpfull.

Oh and I've read the first 4 volumes and they are really excellent. It's a bit different from the movie and more in depth but I love it. Bring out number 5 already :flaming: :D
  • 6 months later...
Posted
Uhhh....Volume 5 is out already, if you live in the US. I've just finished reading it. So is 6. Lucky for me I found most of them at my local library. I've read 1, 2, 4, and 5. They're really cool. I've never seen anything Akira before I read them. The plot is really original, to me anyway, and the art is pretty cool too.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
DC, or maybe it was Marvel, brough the Akira manga to the US quite a while ago. A lot of comic stores still have those versions, and the best part about them is that they are all color.

The manga available now is like big compilations of smaller comics. $25 isn't bad, especially considering how much you'd spend on each smaller book individually.

It's worth checking out...mainly because there is so much in it that the movie just couldn't put in. I found that whole part where Tetsuo gets his own gang thanks to his new powers pretty cool.
Posted
I just finished reading the last book of the Akira series. That was sort of a messed up ending. I won't ruin it for people who've never seen the movie (like myself) or read the manga, but that was freaky in the end.
Guest Matt
Posted
[color=red][b]I just read 1 and 2 at Barnes and Noble today. They didn't have 3, 4, 5, or 6. fools. The manga is very, very good.[/b][/color]
Posted
The manga kick so much more booty than the movie. It is so much longer and more in depth and has a crap load of characters missing in the movie who are very well developed. The ending in both the movie and comic is kind of difficult to understand but I love it.
Posted
I feel stupid now *goes off into a corner and cries* Anyway. If they had put the middle porton of the book into the movie and stretched the movie out just a bit more it would be even greater than ever. Sigh. But only in my wildest dreams

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...