OtakuBoards

old boards

Kuja

[size=3][color=crimson]i would like to thank everyone who stayed w/ us in the final hours of the second boards... i would like to say that was a very ruff time and that it brought about a lot of questioning of everyones character. i know that i talked to a lot of the mods during this and a lot of other people so i have a good idea of who knew what, i talked to gendo and shinji on it as well, so i know why they did it. this does not mean i condone it, but i did talk to them to figure out how they did it and who knew about it before it happened... i would aslo like to thank james and kamakazi (among others) for the great effort that they put into the final hours of the boards, the 3 of us stayed up half the night cleaning up the boards.
and i would also like to point out that ginny was a very good help in rallying people to stay with the boards in her posts and not letting the idea that shinji had won rule, i talked to her and other mods and know who was gonna follow the REAL admin no matter what and who were just gonna follow the power... i have already informed the admin of what i have found... but i want to thank everyone for coming back to join this wonderful community and wish us all the best of luck and lots of fun.

p.s. (i got to the staff board!!!)[/color][/size]

[color=indigo]Well said. Until this most recent incident, I didn't know how close everyone really was...

...but when this happened, I had so many people talking to me and asking what was going on. I think that we have something really special here...and we have to do our best to protect it at all costs.

I was actually surprised at how dedicated our members are...and how the boards has become a big part of their day.

After this incident, I definitely feel humbled...and I think Adam and other staff do too. We have received so much support that it really made us determined to win the battle. And here we are now :)

So thanks again to everyone and remember, these are [i]your[/i] boards. I hope that our community can continue to grow and become better than ever before.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
[B]I wasnt there for the final hours because I was deleted first.(I wonder why?) But If I wasnt deleted I would have stayed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah.... same with me..... They Deleted me... I had to log on Haru-chan's name to see anything..... you know I would have stayed.... but some certain people prevented that.....

Guest firemac
wow, otaku went through a lot the last days, they first had to stop many spammers from spamming up the boards, and then you ahd to delete,edit, and ban for that day, and that was nothing what was coming up next night, then the hackers came calling themselves SEEL, for soemthing of losing their positions as so I heard, then people just posted , and saying stuff against SEEL, and I guess during this time others we doing all they could to take abck the otaku from them, someone succeed, adn then otkau was closed down for a day, and then ofr the next day adam worked on the new otkau, making it at a vb, which are better than UBB, and then it was opened up, and there are still amny thing you guys haven't finished, I commend you all, for all of your hard work

[size=3][color=crimson]well yea i understand that some of you COULDNT get in... but some of us could... and it was a very interesting time to see the true color of some people, i wont meantion any names... but i also got to talk to some people who were good and cared for the boards... i mean james, kamakazi, and i were in a confernce for like an hour trying to fix up the boards just to prove to shinji that we liked the boards just they way they were... and trust me... when you are mod of every forum it is hard lol... and to anyone who is remotly partial to seel... they are dead and will never succed in taking down the otaku cause it is something that lives in ur heart not on the internet, and as many of us know we do chats all the time and that is what makes us such a great place to be, all the (current) admin are decent and most all the mods have been good (that i have seen) and 95% of the members dont push the rules too far... but again, i would like to say that im very impressed in what everyone did for the boards... and re-joining just shows your support again[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][size=3][color=crimson]well yea i understand that some of you COULDNT get in... but some of us could... and it was a very interesting time to see the true color of some people, i wont meantion any names... but i also got to talk to some people who were good and cared for the boards... i mean james, kamakazi, and i were in a confernce for like an hour trying to fix up the boards just to prove to shinji that we liked the boards just they way they were... and trust me... when you are mod of every forum it is hard lol... and to anyone who is remotly partial to seel... they are dead and will never succed in taking down the otaku cause it is something that lives in ur heart not on the internet, and as many of us know we do chats all the time and that is what makes us such a great place to be, all the (current) admin are decent and most all the mods have been good (that i have seen) and 95% of the members dont push the rules too far... but again, i would like to say that im very impressed in what everyone did for the boards... and re-joining just shows your support again[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Very well said, Dude.

umm... am i one of those member, kuja??? i [I]did[/I] stay with the boards during those "dark hours"... and although i wasn't successful, i tried to help out them boards, how, no one'll know :D... if it were successful, then i'd tell ya'll.... :D ne way...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i]
[B]You have to admit, those few hours where in some ways the boards worst, and in other ways, the best. We really did show our dedication to the boards. It's great to see all the people who stayed with the boards to the end... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]I woulda stayed with the board but it just happens i was sick.. and i still am which means time to catch up on all the posts![/COLOR]