OtakuBoards

Disgaea

Tatsubei Yagyu

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It turns out that there's going to be an anime for one of my favorite video games: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness! Currently, I don't know if the story is going to follow the game's, but I do know that it will have one of my favorite characters in all of existence, Laharl.

More news to come. ;) [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, I think that it may be based on the game, or the after events possibly, but it shall include the infamous Laharl, the michevious Etna, and the whimsical Flonne. I can't wait to see this...

Here's a little trailer I found:

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcfZwqVTtY&search=Disgaea]Disgaea Anime Trailer[/URL]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/Kato_Ichha/disgaea-cover.jpg[/IMG]

The Dude is Laharl, while the chick on the left is Etna, and the Cute girl on the right is Flonne.

EDIT: ok...After watching the trialer for about 8 seconds, I'm positive that the anime's based on the game, so yeah. That's why you watch trailer before you post. Heh. Also! The music is directly from the game.
[/FONT][/COLOR] :animestun

Oh really? I have the game but havn't played it even once, I'm still in process of completing HL2 & ICO, yes I'm aware I'm a little behind on my gaming but trust me when you want to complete so many games yet have so little time it's so tough, after I finished ICO I'll be moving onto Disgaea and obviously if I like it I'll be looking forward to this if it's true.

It's cool that it seems they'll be making it follow the game's storyline. The trailer I watched has Baal in it, I wonder if the other hidden bosses will also make an appearance?

Must...Get...[spoiler]Prier[/spoiler]...to...level...9999...

*runs off and goes back to mindless power-leveling*

I watched a few minutes of the first episode... but it didn't look nearly as well animated as the footage on the Disgaea promo DVD. Which was probably to be expected, but I still found it disappointing. Anyway, I might come back to this later, but as I'm not a fan of the original game, it doesn't hold much appeal for me.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Mo' info fo' to come yo. ;) [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL, that was awful. Mo' info to come, fo' sheezy! (",)

I don't want to see this until I complete the game, if Disgaea is fun I may get myself La Pucelle Tactics or whatever it was called, that's basically the same thing apparently but different storyline and some changes in the gameplay mechanics.

La Pucelle could most easily be described as a 'gateway' for gamers who are new to the SRPG genre. The gameplay is different by a bit (everytime you attack it shifts into a sort of one-on-one battle screen, which I always thought was cool, but some people can't stand how long it takes), and overall, the core mechanics of the game aren't as deep as in Disgaea. (It's very difficult to find a really 'broken' map in La Pucelle)

But I like La Pucelle's storyline better; it's rather deeper, and takes itself more seriously than Disgaea. If your going for gameplay only, though, La Pucelle will probably feel like you're taking a few steps [I]backward[/I] from Disgaea. (Being a hardcore SRPG collector, I'm perfectly okay with this)

• 2 months later...
Damn scrolling through 8 pages of old topics just to find this. ANyway I've been watching Disgaea and there is a lot different to the game but a few things are the same. I've seen up to ep 10 but recently the show was licensed by Geneon so chances are it's going to be a while before I can see the last two eps. Doesn't even help that I'm in Aus so releases are later than in the US.

• 6 months later...
[SIZE=1]*I know I spelle the title wrong ^_^; srry*

[CENTER]A new anime was recetly released yeatday based on a popular & wierd rpg called Disgaea, besides bing a wired rpg it is an antisapated anime ppl has been waiting for if you know about it you be in luck those who dont know, I will really sugest getting this you will laugh your ***** off for good lol if you seen it what do you think of it so far?[/SIZE][/CENTER][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]I merged your thread with the existing one on Disgaea, next time be sure to check the Thread Directory before creating a new thread. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Just picked up the new Disgaea DVD, and it's pretty cool. Just like in the game, there's a good amount of humor mixed in with the action, but doesn't go overboard. I also love that all the main characters in the game can be found in the anime series (Laharl, Etna, the Prinnys), and they look dead on to their virtual selves found in the games for PS & PS2. I found a trailer for the new DVD here:
[url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ED-IbEmTaxI[/url]
Pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the 2nd volue of this one...does anyone know when it's planned for release?