OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]-With Kensei having so much panel time, and getting a better look at his character. Then the hollow transformation, now my dream fight is Kensei vs Grimmjow.

-I don't know why I always thought Urahara experimented on Shinji inc.... (That's what he gets for being too mysterious lol) This has Aizen's name written all over it. Especially after watching the episode where Aizen left SS. So Aizen changed them to hollows while Urahara changed them to Vaizards.. Ok, I'm done guessing.

-It's hard for me to take Shinji serious. He has the serious look and all, but his teeth just throws me off every time I try to take him seriously. XD[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"]Did anyone else find the chapter to drag on a little ? There seemed to be just fifteen pages of almost double-takes until we finally got a bit of story at the end, at least for me.

Agree with Phenom too, this reeks of Aizen's handiwork, and doubtless it will be Tessai and Urahara who fix things. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]-So, it seems like any captain can be beaten (by lower ranked) if caught off guard.. Then again, I don't know, Byakuya (as well as Kenpachi) was caught off guard so many times, yet he managed to come out on top majority of the times.

-Was that a premature ban kai from Tousen? Unless that was one of them quick second things, they shouldn't have been able to see nor hear.

-Trying to find out where Isshin would come into play is really hard. We know that it's well after Shinji inc left/was kicked out of SS. I wonder if Urahara was exiled before Isshin even came into play?

-Something's not adding up. From the conversation between Urahara and Isshin, they knew about Aizen. If Urahara knew about Aizen before getting exiled, why didn't he (or Isshin) come forward with it in the first place? When was Urahara exiled? With Shinji's group, or afterwards? I doubt if it was with Shinji's group. Maybe Urahara wasn't even in Soul Society when Isshin was there..? "shrugs"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="1"]-If Urahara knew about Aizen before getting exiled, why didn't he (or Isshin) come forward with it in the first place? When was Urahara exiled? With Shinji's group, or afterwards? I doubt if it was with Shinji's group. Maybe Urahara wasn't even in Soul Society when Isshin was there..? "shrugs"[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]That's partially true, Urahara knew about the Vizard and the Arrancar, but he never outright states that he knew about Aizen and the other two being traitors. I imagine he definitely suspected something was off, but couldn't prove it. From the looks of things, even Kyouraku had doubts about Aizen's intentions at that point, but by Ichigo's entrance into the picture those seem have been assayed.

As for why the Vizard didn't simply come forward, it's hard to say. I imagine we'll find out next week for certain, but my feeling is that the moment they become part hollow, Soul Society turned their back on them, or worse tried to execute them. You'd think that five captains and four lieutenants would have a chance to give their side of the story.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]"Rewording" [strike]I don't know why I always gotta beat around the bush when I should just come straight out with it[/strike]

Re-read chapter 188. I suppose my question should've been, how long has Urahara and Isshin known about Aizen?

As for the Vaizards.. Although, I never stated them coming forward :) and telling their side, I do see them being kicked out before they could even get a word out. As stubborn as old man Yama-ji is.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]Re-read chapter 188. I suppose my question should've been, how long has Urahara and Isshin known about Aizen?

As for the Vaizards.. Although, I never stated them coming forward :) and telling their side, I do see them being kicked out before they could even get a word out. As stubborn as old man Yama-ji is.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ah, my bad, I misread your question.

I'm still not convinced though that Urahara knew about Aizen, because even though he was exiled from Soul Society, he seems to have maintained a decent relationship with the Shinigami i.e. Rukia is familiar with Urahara right off the bat, despite the fact it is her first time being stationed in Karakura Town. Compare that to the Vizard who pretty much dropped off the map after their exile and have a much frostier relationship with Soul Society.

Now if Urahara knew about Aizen and his group's intentions, it makes sense that he would have tried to warn Soul Society, I mean, they already knew about the Hyougokyu (I think), so if his relationship was amicable with Soul Society, he should have been able to get that info to them. Of course, maybe he could, and his chose not to, Urahara has proven himself capable of making plans similar to Aizen's level of depth and intricacy before.

As for Isshin, we really just at this point know too little to even begin to speculate. Although my feeling is that Urahara was the one to fill him in about Aizen's betrayal. I mean despite his knowledge of the Arrancar, his knowledge of the Vizard turned out to be completely flawed (group of outlaw Shinigami who obtained Hollow powers) to the point it makes me wonder was he even in Soul Society at that point to have known what was going on.

I really hope Kubo gives us some info on Isshin soon, he's the last captain we really know nothing about.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Some interesting stuff.

-Power rankings can now be tossed out the window, I suppose. Now it seems like it just comes down to "whose smarter than whom?" type of thing. (Sure, power is still apart of the game, though.) At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 7th seat take down a vice captain. (or espada)

-Turns out that Urahara did know about Aizen. So then this means that Urahara was exiled right after this.

-Aizen's a sly devil.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Adding to what Phenom has said, because I agree with it.

- Aizen needs to monologue less, true it's the sign of a true super-villain, but also usually the source of their downfall. Granted we know his downfall doesn't come yet, but still something he should keep in mind.

- I'm now thoroughly confused about how Soul Society didn't know about Aizen being a traitor, unless he somehow wipes Tessai and Urahara's minds in the near future.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I don't know what to say about this chapter.

- Aizen got to the old man before hearing Urahara's side? That's what it's seeming like anyway.

- Aizen is a frickin beast. I need to see his ban kai.

- Hm. I wonder who were the vaizards replacements after this incident? Perhaps this is where Isshin came in at? Aizen's a given. If I recall, Gin and Byakuya became captains around the same time, so I highly doubt that Gin was a replacement this early, but then again, Toushiro is a child prodigy, so it's possible that Gin became a captain before Byakuya...

I can see Tousen being Kensei's replacement here, but if that was the case, he became a captain before Komamura (I don't doubt this at all.), but then other flashbacks don't match here. Unless Kubo does one of those huge time leaps, I need matches to other flashbacks.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]- Hm. I wonder who were the vaizards replacements after this incident? Perhaps this is where Isshin came in at? Aizen's a given. If I recall, Gin and Byakuya became captains around the same time, so I highly doubt that Gin was a replacement this early, but then again, Toushiro is a child prodigy, so it's possible that Gin became a captain before Byakuya...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Based on the fact that Ichimaru was still Aizen's lieutenant back when Hinamori, Kira and Renji were in the academy, it'll be a while before he becomes a captain. Actually, that also insinuates that Byakuya only became a captain in the last fifty years as well, because we know those two became captains at the same time. Ginrei must stick around as 6th Division's captain for quite a while then.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I can see Tousen being Kensei's replacement here, but if that was the case, he became a captain before Komamura (I don't doubt this at all.), but then other flashbacks don't match here. Unless Kubo does one of those huge time leaps, I need matches to other flashbacks.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm actually interested to see that myself, we haven't seen hide nor hair (no pun intended) of Komamura so far, despite the fact he's probably serving as a highly seated officer in one of the Divisions at this point. Wonder what funky armour the wolf-man is wearing at that point ?[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Bah, can't wait for this chapter to be released... And because it's so detailed already, I'm gonna go ahead and just post it.

[QUOTE=spacecat @ Bleach Asylum]ch. 316

[spoiler]Let's stop the pendulum.

A night has passed. Urahara wakes up to see Shinji who's face is covered by his mask. Shinji is not moving.

Urahara apologises to Tessai for failing to cure them. Urahara goes outside for some fresh air but is met by the central 46 law enforcement. They are there to arrest him.

He is summoned for interrogation and asked where he was last night. He is asked if he was experimenting on hollowification.

Central 46 suspects that Urahara while in the forrest attempted to use 8 vice captain/captain level shinigami in an evil hollowification experiment. (Perhaps they were told this by Aizen).

Urahara tells them that it was Aizen who did it and that he was simply trying to help them. However Aizen has 124 general shinigami and 1 captain confirm that he wasn't at the scene the night before.

Also, during the investigation there was a report claiming the discovery of hollowification research going on at the 12th division.

Also, Tessai has been sentenced to serve in the third underground prison for using a forbidden technique.

For doing taboo research and experimenting on his fellow shinigami resulting in them being heavily injured, Urahara is sentenced to exile in the living world for eternity after having his powers taken from him.

They then announce that the shinigami who are victims of this experiment will be strictly disposed of as hollows.

When Urahara is about to object Yoruichi who has her face covered by a cloth kidnaps both of them and takes them away to the hiding place near sougyoku.

Yoruichi has already transported the 8 shinigami (vizards) and the new gigai that has been being developed.

After listening to Shinji for a while Urahara decides they are in the worst situation possible and thinks of the best way to deal with it.
Urahara asks Tessai to use Jikantenshi one more time to create a barrier, he will then create 10 gigai for himself, Tessai, Shinji and the rest within 20 hours. Urahara vows to hide himself and spend his time finding a way to get rid of the hollowification.

The scene changes to Shinji and co in the current day.

In the same warehouse, Shinji says that Urahara said there has been no miscalculation and that is the first miscalculation.
He says that everything has come to the worst possible scenario as expected.

Shinji "For real, I am indebted to Urahara.... and then Aizen also."

It finishes with someone saying "let's go" and then the Vizards leave the warehouse.

レット・ストップ・ザ・ペンデュラム

一夜明けてる。目を覚ます浦原だが目の前には仮面を被ったままの平子。平子動いてない。
テッサイに失敗ッスと謝り、外の空気を吸ってこようと外にでると、中央46室からのj強制捕縛 令状が出され ていて、
46室に連れて行かれる。

査問の為に呼ばれ、昨日の夜どこに居たか問われ答えると、それは虚化の実験の為か?と聞かれる 。
46室は裏腹が自身の邪悪な研究の成果である虚化を、森林で隊長格8名に試行したとみている。(恐 らく愛染 に告げ口された)
それに対し、裏腹がそれは愛染のしたことで、自分は助けようとしただけだと言うと、
昨日愛染は精霊廷をでていないことを124名の一般隊士と1名の隊長格が証言したという。
さらに問答の間に、12番隊舎の研究棟から虚化の研究と思われるものが発見されたと報告される 。

それにより、判決が下され、テッサイは禁術行使の罪により第三地下監獄’衆合’(しゅごう)に 投獄。
浦原は、禁忌事象研究及び行使・儕輩欺瞞重致傷の罪により、霊力全剥奪の上、現世に永久追放。
そして、実験の犠牲になった隊長格は虚として厳正に処理されると言い渡される。

それに対し反論をしようとしたとこで、布で顔を隠した夜一が乱入、二人を連れ去る。
双極の近くの隠れ家に連れてくる。
夜一は既に8人の隊長格と研究中の新しいギガイも隠れ家に運んできていた。
事件の話を平子から聞いた時から、裏腹が考えていた最悪の顛末とそれへの最善策をさっさとして しまえという 。
裏腹はもう一度テッサイに時間停止をかけて、結界を張ってもらうようにいい、自分は今から20 時間で浦原、 テッサイと平子達計10人の
霊圧遮断型ギガイを作るという。
現世に身を潜め、時間をかけて虚化を解除する方法を解き明かすことを誓い、現代の平子達に場面 が変わる。
例のアジトで平子は、誤算はなかった、それが一番の誤算だったと裏腹が言ってたなといい、
全てが予想通りに、最悪の展開になってしまったことを語る。

平子「・・・ホンマ 世話んなったもんやで、喜助には・・・それから、愛染にものぉ」

そして、「行くで」という声と共に仮面勢がアジトからでていくところで次週[/spoiler][/quote]

Apparently, we've come to the end of those chapters, and we're back in the present. There are still some missing links though, but hopefully those will get answered soon.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Bah, I swore I wasn't going to read spoilers off Bleach Asylum any more and here you go and post them right in the thread Phenom. *Sighs*

Thoughts on this week's plot
- [spoiler]Central 46 are morons, I just wish we could see the look on their faces which Aizen and co. actually killed them.[/spoiler]
- [spoiler]Who's the captain providing Aizen's alibi ? Is this just coincidence or something more ?[/spoiler]
- [spoiler]The Vizards hatred of Soul Society is completely justified by the response to their injuries.[/spoiler]
- [spoiler]Does it not seem the slightest bit strange that Kensei's entire squad bar Tousen were killed ? Should he not obviously have questions to answer as to his whereabouts ?[/spoiler]
- [SPOILER]Seems the Vizard are about to go and get involved in another "Shinigami scrap", hopefully we'll see a few more Shikai and Bankai.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]My bad, Gavin. It was just too hard to keep from spilling the beans with an early spoiler preview that was so detailed lol. If they have pictures, I'll post a couple of those, and remove the dialogue ^^.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]My bad, Gavin. It was just too hard to keep from spilling the beans with an early spoiler preview that was so detailed lol. If they have pictures, I'll post a couple of those, and remove the dialogue ^^.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, don't worry about it, I'd have ended up looking at the spoilers either tonight or tomorrow, so you probably just saved me the time of actually having to go over to Bleach Asylum to do it.

Just OOC Phenom, have you noticed we're now practically the only ones posting in this thread ? ^_^'[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Maybe, either that or we're subconsciously asking all their questions so they don't have to post. Didn't Dagger mentioned she usually spies on these threads but never posts ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Dammit, you caught me! :animesmil

But yeah, I don't actually read the series, so I really don't have anything interesting to say about it...

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']But yeah, I don't actually read the series, so I really don't have anything interesting to say about it...

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Pity, the Manga Alley is gone so quiet lately.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#6d527f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Yep. All the Bleach goers are gone, supposedly. Maybe we chased the other folk away?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'll probably post more when something interesting worth posting in my eyes happens. Lately its been blah,blah,blah What a twist! blah, blah, blah. So I've been reading other things in my spare time.

I'll probably be all over the place the second Aizen shows up with his Bankai. Make it happen Kubo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I knew central 46 were stuck up (always gotta be the elders), and it's obvious that they weren't going to listen to Urahara, but man, ask him one question, and fill in the rest for him without giving him much of a chance at all. No wonder old man Yama is so uptight.

Now the vaizards are going to be the ones to bail SS out. I commend them because they're real forgiving. It'd take me a bit longer to get over a situation like that. I can be real vengful at times.... (I'm workin on it ^^)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Now the vaizards are going to be the ones to bail SS out. I commend them because they're real forgiving. It'd take me a bit longer to get over a situation like that. I can be real vengful at times.... (I'm workin on it ^^)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I have to admit, even a hundred years of just laying low is a bit forgiving on their part, compared to the fact they could have probably done some very serious damage to Seireitei had they chosen to attack. At this point I suspect those who hadn't already achieved bankai have done so.

I wonder, after all this is over, will the Vizards return to Soul Society fully ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I wonder, after all this is over, will the Vizards return to Soul Society fully ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Would they even want to return would be more fitting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin']Who's the captain providing Aizen's alibi ? Is this just coincidence or something more ?[/quote]It's Shunsui, surely. KT made a point of showing him encountering 'Aizen' while everything was going down. The scary thing this arc has shown is that literally every high-ranking Shinigami in SS has been Absolute Hypnotism'd, where before, in the End of Hypnosis arc, it was inferred that he'd perhaps only done the lieutenants.

Also, one of the crusty Central 46ers looked a bit like Barragan. Conspiracy theories ahoy!

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Would they even want to return would be more fitting.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]A fair point I suppose, I think the fact that they're going to actually get involved in the Winter War on Soul Society's side seems to indicate at least a latent desire to return there.

Of course I could be completely wrong and they're just out to get Aizen and co, guess we'll find out more next week.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu']Also, one of the crusty Central 46ers looked a bit like Barragan. Conspiracy theories ahoy![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Hmm, didn't notice that, but if it turned out to be true, the irony would be just delicious.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Yep. All the Bleach goers are gone, supposedly. Maybe we chased the other folk away?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]This and the Naruto manga thread are practically the only reasons I visit OB any more, sadly. I'd much rather come here to find decent, organised spoilers with intelligent discussion than wad through the hideous amounts of fake spoilers that get posted in the run-up to each chapters' release.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]It's nice to finally know why Urahara was exiled, though. I don't suppose we know Yoruichi's reasons for following, aside from close personal attachment, perhaps?[/COLOR]