OtakuBoards

How big of a deal is it?

Chie

[SIZE=1]all my teachers yesterday talked about this one incident that recently happened. some idiots (ironically i heard one of them was our school valedictorian) put together a dry ice bomb and placed it in front of a faculty member's house (and if you all know about dry ice bombs, they made a loud ash sound, and since it was put into a plastic bottle, the plastic turned glass-like and shattered everywhere once it blew up)

no one was hurt, but they (as in my teachers) say that the one teacher is now scared to come out of her house or to come back into school and same with her neighbors. a lot of the students say that it was no big deal, no one was hurt and it was just a prank. one girl said that if that ever happened to her, she wouldn't make such a big deal out of it. another girl said that stuff like that always happens to her family and they don't do anything about it. they also said that the teacher was a complete biotch ^^" . not that they were implying that she deserved it, but that she didn't need to make it a big issue. and since one of them was a valedictorian, they say one prank like that shouldn't ruin the rest of his life.

i haven't taken a stand yet, but i would like to see what other people think about it.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Chie][SIZE=1]all my teachers yesterday talked about this one incident that recently happened. some idiots (ironically i heard one of them was our school valedictorian) put together a dry ice bomb and placed it in front of a faculty member's house (and if you all know about dry ice bombs, they made a loud ash sound, and since it was put into a plastic bottle, the plastic turned glass-like and shattered everywhere once it blew up)

no one was hurt, but they (as in my teachers) say that the one teacher is now scared to come out of her house or to come back into school and same with her neighbors. a lot of the students say that it was no big deal, no one was hurt and it was just a prank. one girl said that if that ever happened to her, she wouldn't make such a big deal out of it. another girl said that stuff like that always happens to her family and they don't do anything about it. they also said that the teacher was a complete biotch ^^" . not that they were implying that she deserved it, but that she didn't need to make it a big issue. and since one of them was a valedictorian, they say one prank like that shouldn't ruin the rest of his life.

i haven't taken a stand yet, but i would like to see what other people think about it.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Although it sounds funny, and nobody did get hurt, that's a pretty irresponsible thing to do. ****** kids. What if someone did get hurt? Then yes, that one prank would ruin many lives.
Pranks are only fun so long as they're not dangerous. It's like when kids drop **** off of overpasses. Not just harmless fun, especially if something goes through the windshield of someone's car.
My opinion: It's irresponsible and wreckless, as well as immature. Especially since they singled out one teacher. Not cool.

Idiots.

[color=darkblue][size=1]Even though no one got hurt, that doesn't justify the fact that they did something they weren't supposed to. Just imagine if someone had come along just as it would have went off, especially a child or something. People certainly wouldn't be making light of it then, would they?

With things like this, kids tend not to consider the consequences of their actions. They just think its a harmless prank. Given, sometimes it is (i.e. TPing someone's house), but when it ventures into this type of territory, it crosses the line a bit. But that's just my thoughts on it.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]You're right on one point, doing something like that now shouldn't ruin the guys life, but it was still a pretty dumbass think to do. Shattered like glass man?! Someone could have gotten seriously hurt, and how's the teacher supposed to know something worse won't happen?

I concur with the whole throwing stuff at cars Violet, especially snowballs, seriously I nearly swerved into oncoming traffic the last time some punk kid turfed an icy snowball at my windshield.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Chie][SIZE=1'] and since one of them was a valedictorian, they say one prank like that shouldn't ruin the rest of his life.[/SIZE][/quote]

First off, people should not be given preferential treatment when they act like morons, whether they are valedictorian or in juvenile detention. You cannot ignore potentially harmful pranks just because a kid has a high GPA.

Second, you're not allowed to prank someone just because you disagree with them. Making a dry ice bomb is obviously not safe if it blows up. You cannot let someone do that without any consequences. Being valedictorian does not mean you can act however you want and be a complete and total moron. He cannot commit potentially dangerous pranks when he thinks a teacher is a "biotch." This guy is practically an adult, too. I'm 15, and even I'm smart enough to know that adults can't do whatever they want.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]
Just because you're valedictorian doesn't mean you're going places in your life. You can still be valedictorian and still be a complete moron; this is a perfect example of this.

To me it's unbelievable that someone so smart can also be so pathetically stupid. You kept saying no one got hurt which implies that there was a possibility of someone getting hurt which instantly makes the prank completely absurd and irresponsible. I personally think the people responsible for the prank should be harshly punished. It even angers me.

Just because someone is mean doesn't justify pulling off a dangerous prank that has the potential to harm someone.

I feel sorry for the teacher.

I have no sympathy for the ones responsible for the prank.

Of course, i don't know the exact details of the prank itself and i don't know what a dry ice bomb is, so i might be wrong. If a dry ice bomb can't really hurt anybody, then i'd be a little easier on the guy. But if it did have potential to harm someone, then i stand by my opinion.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

I'll have to agree with what everyone's saying so far.

I have no idea what a dry ice bomb is-- but if it can shatter like glass... sounds kind of dangerous to me. I mean, the thought of something that can scratch or pierce you flying in all directions, not funny.

Speaking of the potential of bomb pranks gone wrong, I'm reminded of that horrible scene from The Butterfly Effect where those kids put a bomb inside a lady's mailbox, and she went to open the mailbox with a baby in her arms. That movie really disturbed me. =/

[COLOR=tan][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1]the things i said before where the things my classmates said; not me! but what i think is...

..i think the whole thing is completely stupid. during my first person class, my teacher and my classmates had a huge debate about it and every one of my classmates were like "it's not that big of a deal". to me i thought that was total disrespect! i was like "f**k you, you bunch of retards! how bout i put a dry ice bomb up yours !@#$%!" yeah...sry i'm a bit cynical.

but yeah, i think differently. no one got hurt, AND THAT'S GOOD, but that doesn't justify those idiots' actions. i heard two of them were even 18! holy cow.

as for the teacher, i never had her before, so i don't know how much of a evil teacher she is, but i feel real bad for her. i also feel bad for her daughter who goes to my school. i heard a LOT of things...but i won't go into detail.

and a dry ice bomb is where you stuff repulsive and disgusting things into a plastic bottle and then place dry ice into it. i guess you add water right before closing the top...but iono the mechanics of bombs x___x .

as for the Butterfly Effect movie...i never seen it...and now i don't think i WANT to EVER see it xp .[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]