OtakuBoards

Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked

Guest Stafal-chan

Guest Stafal-chan
heyy i was lookin at [url]www.bandaigames.com[/url] and i clicked on Ps2 and saw a Smaurai Champloo game..it's called Samurai Champloo:Sidetracked...you can play as Mugen or Jin...i think that means you have two different storylines...it looks pretty cool but i don't have too much information on it ^_^ all it says is it's coming in the spring

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

The game is supposed to be a 'lost episode' from the show and offers the use of a new original character. I've seen screen shots of the game already, and a preview, and the graphics could use some work. Lets hope that it improves before release, because the show is one of my favorite series of all time. I don't know much about it past there. But even if the graphics aren't all that jazz, aslong as Mugen's gameplay is solid, I'll be happy. There is nothing cooler than a breakdancing samurai... (except for a breakdancing cyborg samurai.)[/color][/size]

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Samurai Mix']I really dont have high hopes for this game. I love the anime but anime based games generally dont turn out well.[/quote]

yeah i know but i'm still probably gonna end up playin ^_^ hee hee yeah most anime turned into video games stink..i wonder why...

Edit: ahha..there's also suppose to be a 3rd character you can play as...hmmm...and the release date is scheduled for April 11th ^_^

Guest Stafal-chan
hee hee yeah i know..it makes me wish they just wouldn't put anime video games...or if they do put anime into video games...they could at least make it worhtwhile to play...like i recently bought inuyasha feudal combat for Ps2...ugh...it's boring...i have the old PS2 one...which is okay...and the InuYasha Secret of the Cursed Mask had a good dtoryline...horrible graphics..and anime cut scenes...which really just isn't good in a video game in my opinion...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [B]Tatsubei Yagyu[/B] [I]
I'm hoping. Hoping with all of my soul that they can honor Samurai Champloo for a decent game. Please. Just please let this game be good[/I]...[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy]Hay dude I know what your saying I like Samurai's to but Bandai really blow at making games the only good ones that came out & that are comming out, were Drangonball Z Budakai 3, the .Hack games, & that's all, the new once that are good are the 3 new Naruto games coming out, & .Hack//G.U. so don't get your hopes up for Samurai Champloo ok?[/COLOR]

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='FLCLdude0189][COLOR=Navy']Hay dude I know what your saying I like Samurai's to but Bandai really blow at making games the only good ones that came out & that are comming out, were Drangonball Z Budakai 3, the .Hack games, & that's all, the new once that are good are the 3 new Naruto games coming out, & .Hack//G.U. so don't get your hopes up for Samurai Champloo ok?[/COLOR][/quote]

heyy i'm hopeing they dont totally kill it too :animecry: :animesigh ...yeah bandai...just not so good...oh but bandai also did a good job with the other .hack series to the .hack//infection,mutation,outbreak,and quaretine ^_^ ..the storyline for inuyasha:secret of the cursed mask was good and yet they killed it with bad graphics and horrible gameplay...

• 2 weeks later...
Despite my better judgement, I split the cost of this game with a friend today.

Honestly, I am impressed. It may be because I had low expectations, but I am no less than shocked at how much fun I had when playing this.

The game starts out like an episode of Samurai Champloo, Opening Theme and all. The CG, as well as lot of the scenes from the series, are recreated pretty well in CG. The game continues with jokes and action that does justice to the series.

The writing is weak at times (especially when it comes to the [spoiler]prophecy[/spoiler]) and the backgrounds can be a little plain, but the graphics do stand up and give a Champloo-ish effect.

The fighting is fast paced, wild, and can at times be crazy. There are times where you fight with the typical square and triangle combos. The combo system and its "map" take a little getting used to, but they're pretty self explanatory. Although that can be fun at times, the most fun I had with my friends would be during the "bonus" sections that had you mash all the buttons as many times as you could, and the fights that come if you get 100 or more... :)

I haven't seen the dub of the Anime but it might have the same voices. Listening to them made me wish I could switch the audio to Japanese, but they were decent at times.

I've only played this game for about an hour, but I'm sure I'll be playing it again. It's not amazing, but it's not horrible. A decent game, definately better than the Cowboy Bebop game for the same console.

I know everybody's worried about the CG (~heck, even I was) but I found the in game graphics to be decent, and the Cinematics to be pretty good. I wish they had a nicer environment, but that would be the biggest flaw I felt the graphics had.

edit:
[quote name='FLCLdude0189][COLOR=Navy']Hay dude I know what your saying I like Samurai's to but Bandai really blow at making games the only good ones that came out & that are comming out, were Drangonball Z Budakai 3, the .Hack games, & that's all, the new once that are good are the 3 new Naruto games coming out, & .Hack//G.U. so don't get your hopes up for Samurai Champloo ok?[/COLOR][/quote]Your post quality is so bad I don't understand what you're saying about Naruto. o.O But yeah, Bandai does get a lot of bad rap from gamers. I can see why with the games that are available in the United States, but I like a lot of the Japanese Games Bandai produced. Gundam SEED Destiny was fun, as was Ichinen Sensou (One Year War), and I totally love Narutimate Hero 3.

Bandai can make good games. And hey, they just became Namco Bandai too.

-r2

I saw the previews of it on X-play, I think on Wednesday. While the graphics didn't really blow me away, but then again, I wasn't really expecting it to do that anyway. What I thought that was really impressive was the gameplay. Especially when I saw little snippets of Mugen's fighting. It looked very crazy, but yet so smooth as well. So yeah, I will be going after this game.

It got a 7.2 from Gamestop and 7.6 from IGN. (It might be the other way around) And a 7 is certainly not bad.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I was just scoping this game out on IGN a couple of days ago..seemed intresting.

I knew the graphichs were not going ot be top notch, the gameplay seemed cool, It felt kinda wierd though seeing ninjas pop out of almost now where...but then again they are ninjas...so arnt they able to do that already?

The one thing that really seemed to draw me to buying this once I get enough money, are the kill strikes. Now keeping in mind though that I think I have only seen about..two of them. They have to be one of the more creative that I have seen from a samurai hack and slash game....Now in the mean time I must go watch more, you all should donate me money.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I was just scoping this game out on IGN a couple of days ago..seemed intresting.

I knew the graphichs were not going ot be top notch, the gameplay seemed cool, It felt kinda wierd though seeing ninjas pop out of almost now where...but then again they are ninjas...so arnt they able to do that already?

The one thing that really seemed to draw me to buying this once I get enough money, are the kill strikes. Now keeping in mind though that I think I have only seen about..two of them. They have to be one of the more creative that I have seen from a samurai hack and slash game....Now in the mean time I must go watch more, you all should donate me money.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

haha i'll probably end up getting it ^_^ haha yeah right i'm totally broke right now..funny...i haven't checked anymore info on the game...got any good cites?