• Brak Show
    • Venture Bros.
    • The Boondocks
    • Futurama
    • Robot Chicken
    • Perfect Hair Forever
    • Other (Specify)

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

I realize that on the OB's, there are alot of fans and viewers of [as]'s anime line up. Many Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun, and anime fan's in general wouldn't exist if it weren't for them. I am wondering if what are your, if you even have any, favorite [B]non-anime[/b] programs on [B][adult swim][/B]. Such as Family Guy, Futurama, Harvey Birdman, Aqua Teens, etc.

My personal favorites other than Family Guy are as follows:

[B]Robot Chicken:[/B] Seth Green and the Producers at [as] always make me laugh, every single sketch they do is golden. My recent favorite would have to be the one with Cory Feldman and Cory Hein (sp?) try to rescue the Bush twins.

[B]Harvey Birdman:[/B] Every episode is great, and the voice actors are about spot on every time. Scrappy Doo being eaten by Avenger? Scooby and Shaggy exposed as stoners? The Jetson's coming from back from the future? (I.E. They live in 2001, they come back to 2004.)

[B]Aqua Teen Hunger Force:[/B] I have very little to say about this series. It's just straight up great.

[B]Venture Bros.:[/B] It's like Johnny Quest on crystal meth. Just terrific. Plus, Brock Samson is the bossness.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else have any favorites?[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My very first post in music movies and Tv..You should feel proud.

Oh my, a better question to ask is which show on AS is it possible not to like. I take their comedy line up to {at times} be a lot better than their Anime line up. I like just about every show and the only show I really don't remember is perfect hair forever. The only reason for that is because I was asleep at the time and all I remember is a hot dog going "uh rahaahahhaha" or something like that.

The Boondocks: this has to be my most favorite new comedy show that adult swim has made in a long time, I mean its so good that even my mother and I watch it on the big screen TV in the living room almost every sunday night. I find it intresting since I myself am African-American and how they say things in the show is partially true. I also always wonder just how many times can they say the N***** in an episode. its unreal.

ATHF: a meat wad, a milk shak and a floating thing of french fries...need I say more?

Robot Chicken: Back in middle school I always used to watch this show before I went to bed. Not because it was so boring it put me to sleep. Its just that it was so funny I laughed so hard I had to sleep afterwards. I personally loved the animation of it as well. Just absolutly hilarious.

Family guy: Just saying it is enough...You all know why.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I can't really remember how I fist stumbled upon [Adult Swim], but I think on one night of sleeplessness I turned on Aqua Teen Hunger Force and have been an addict ever since! There's no real plot, the endings are random, and the main characters are food, but somehow it's just so freakin' funny that my laughs can be heard all over the house :animeswea

Venture Bros. is another of my all-time favorites-I can never get tired of watching it. I used to be a big Johnny Quest fan and of other shows like it, and the parodies just are so awesome. But what's great is it rises above that basis with funny, original characters you can't help liking, and inept villains who are hysterical (the Monarch!). I can't wait till it goes on DVD in May and the second season comes this summer :animesmil

I also really like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and used to watch it when it first came out. The episode where Space Ghost was married to Bjork had me laughing for weeks.

My introduction to [adult swim] was similar. I tuned in to watch some late night cartoons one of my first nights back in America (I had been in Germany for the prior 2 1/2 years) and found myself watching a foul mouthed milkshake screaming at a meatball. I thought to myself, "What the hell is this?!". After a few minutes though, I realized I was watching genius at work.

I 've been watching [as] since I was 13, and I'm still a regular veiwer. Most of the shows that I actually take time and plan on watching are [as] shows. Most notably was [B]Venture Bros.[/B] I don't think I've ever missed an episode of that.[/color][/size]

Adult swim has brought some really great onto the the air.

Sealab 2021: The best. Nothing beat the original seasons, before the voice actor for Murphy passed away. "I bet your Lymph nodes are as big as cats."

Robot Chicken: This one makes me wish I had all of my G.I. Joes from childhood, a camera, and a lot of alcohol. The writers are either the greatest intellect on Television, or the greatest idiots with free time and connections.

Harvey Birdman: Nothing like a classic superhero show gone horribly wrong. The quotes from Peanut and Phil are so random that I can't help but laugh. "Ha ha! Cookies on dowels."

Venture Brothers: Umm, it's okay. The beatdowns handed out by Brock are about the only thing that prove to be really interesting. After growing up on Johnny Quest it is good to see it twisted in such an fashion.

Elfen Lied and Hanibashi, this thread is for [adult swim]'s comedy line up, not anime. That's what the Anime Lounge is for. Shows such as InuYasha and Evangelion are anime. This thread is for shows such as Family Guy and what not. American mostly.

By the way. Are their any [B]Minoriteam[/B] fans in the house? This is a pretty good show they got going now. I don't have much of a connection with it yet, but I love [B]Fasto[/B] and [B]Jewcano[/B]. Pretty good show, if you ask me.[/color][/size]

Honestly, the only non anime I look at would be Boondocks and I haven't seen that in about a month in a half. I guess you can say I'm growing tired of it. Maybe I'm losing my sense of humor because I don't find any of those shows funny whatsoever. Then again, I've never been fond of comedies anyway. (Unless it's something like Whose Line or some tv show like Friends) Even these new movies that are "suppose" to be "funny" aren't doing much for me nowdays.

Family Guy and Futurama puts me in the mind of the simpsons so to speak. Which I grew out of long ago. (LONG time ago.... maybe back in the 7th - 8th grade, and I'm 21 now) In a way, I want to call it ran down comedy because I've heard most of there "jokes" either too much or back then. But I'd say my sense of humor can be the blame for this.... "shrugs"

Minorteam, Oblongs, Birdman and the like. I won't even bother talking about.

Edit: And after all of that I still haven't answered the question. Ok, I guess if I were forced to choose, it'd probably be Boondocks. But like I said, I'm growing tired of it.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love [adult swim] so much...

I'm watching it right now, as I type this...I'll put more at a later date, because I'm sick... and it hurts to eat... :animedepr

Anyway-

Boondocks: Huey is my favorite character in this show...He has a freaking Federal Spy stalking his every movements!!! He also reminds me of meself, alittle...alittle.:animeswea Ridey is great, being from the 'hood' and all. ;) And Grandad is a proper represatative of black grandfathers everywhere. Damn, he erriely kind of reminds me of mine... :p

Robot Chicken: I love how they have action figures of everything in existance. I think they're also some of the luckiest bastards alive to have that job. It's like getting pay to make lego villages and film a huge Godzilla action figure destorying it...and it's really funny to. One of the best best episodes was when NYSNC (I don't know how to spell it... :rolleyes: ) was killed off by the Yakusa, and Joey had to avenge them...he fought freaking Hong Kong Phooey...

Well, I'm done for now... I'll be back...*dies*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]I don't watch TV very often, but I still have some old favorites of Adult Swim.
I think I started watching AS when I was about, what, ten? >> But I LOVED Home Movies. I think that is one of the better shows that they've had on their non-anime block. I always remember staying up far later than I was supposed to, just to watch those strange children make their beyond dumb home movies. The soccer coach always cracked me up. Do they still have Home Movies on? I never check. I think one day I'll just go out and buy the box set.

Oh, another one I always liked was The Oblongs. XD So sickly entertaining. They are just so... demented. Haha.

But, right now, I adore Futurama. Which is weird, because I hate the Simpsons. I guess I used to watch Futurama a lot back then, too. It's survived a long run. I remember watching the episode where Leela ended up having sex with Zapp Brannigan with my step sister when I was little. I had thought it was so scandalous. Lol. Anyway, yeah, I find it rather silly. XD

And, just to say.... I hate Family Guy. Haha. There. I contradict you all. XD[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]I live in Australia, and I didn't know that these programs were on Adult Swim. Here, they mainly show animes like FullMetal Alchemist and Gundam Seed... I think Space Ghost is on Adult Swim too... I voted on Futurama, but they show it here on different channels. I actually haven't heard of some of the other shows in the poll... I feel like I'm missing out. :animeangr [/COLOR]

Guest Stafal-chan
well i typically watch anime on adultswim but i'm quite a fan of futurama ^_^ hee hee i watch family guy on another channel but that's my fav too ^_^ Robot chicken is so random..i would love to watch more of it but i usually end up missing it or failing asleep before it's on :animeswea The oblongs are great ^_^ hee hee it saddened me to have to pick one..cuz i evenly like family guy, futurama, and the oblongs ^_^

:animesigh
Being that I'm from Canada and don't get AdultSwim, there wasn't really much to choose from.
I'm a big fan of Family Guy, but I'll have to go with Robot Chicken. I've only seen a couple episodes, but they had a Sailor Moon sketch, which made me almost fall off my chair from laughing so hard. Plus the opening is awesome.

Totally hilarious. I love Seth Green.