OtakuBoards

why?

RedMoon

[quote name='RedMoon']one main question why would people shut other peoples threads i mean you should give peoples post sometime before you shut it down i mean your not giving peoples thread a chance :animeangr[/quote]

I agree I mean I've had two shut down for a silly reason like I forgot something and then this guy shut it down wtihout givingme at 24 hours to change it. I think that's just wack!! :animeangr :mad:

[COLOR=DarkRed]Mods are around to try to enforce the rules and keep the threads in a general order. If a thread isn't up to the rule's standards, then they'll close it. If the thread looks like it's going to create spammy conversation (e.g. if it starts "I'm bored and want friends!!!!11111) then it's not going to add anything to the boards so we don't want it there.

Also, a lot of times, mods do give threads a chance before closing them. On numerous occasions I've seen mods give a thread a "warning" that the responses have been spammy and give people a chance to shape up before closing a thread.

If there's a mistake with how you posted your thread (where you posted it or if you're missing a rating or something), the mods are mostly just going to tell you what you did wrong, tell you to read the rules, and close the thread because it's posted wrong. Unfortunately, Lord of Spirits, you cannot actually change where you posted your thread or what the title was. So the old, mistaken one needs to be closed before you can create a new one.

Point is, threads are only closed when they need to be. If the post is in accordance with the rules and could generate some conversation, it won't be closed. That simple.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Lord Rannos][COLOR=DarkRed]Also, a lot of times, mods do give threads a chance before closing them. On numerous occasions I've seen mods give a thread a "warning" that the responses have been spammy and give people a chance to shape up before closing a thread.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Woo, intresting topic. As proof to prove that Lord Rannos is correct here be an [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=723576&postcount=54]example[/URL] of a Mod trying to keep a thread alive.

Well hopefully when you first joined these boards you red the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL] and the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] right? Because if you did then this thread would have never existed. Why you ask? Because this is Otakuboards. Not any and other kind of message boards, but [U][I][B]Otaku[/B][/I][/U]boards. Which doesnt just add +5 to our overall coolness, but also means that we are very special...yes special indeed.

If you took any of the time to actually read what the Mod said when your thread was closed that that may have actually also gotten an answer from there to..instead of having to have a thread on it? Just try to remember that here Quality = Good, Bad quality = Bad. and we all don't like bad things right?

Also when you finally know the truth, you will learn to Ph34r teh Mod Pw3r[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]Before getting to the complaints, [B]be sure sure you read the rules - not just the [u][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php]Official OtakuBoards Rules[/url][/u], but also the section-specific stickies.[/B] These specific rules give you greater insight as to what precisely each forum is for, and what is expected of you in each.

I think you might be speaking of the ratings in the Arena -- if you had read the sticky on why they're in place, you'd understand the reasoning behind moderators closing threads without ratings. Rather than have us assign you a rating and editing it ourselves, we just close it and leave it up to you to reopen it with your own rating.[/size]

[color=#4B0082]A lot of the time moderators will actually give threads a chance if they have some hope of sparking a decent conversation. But there are some threads that just have no hope of producing anything but spam. And those are the ones that are closed straight off.

Like, say, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53146][u]this one[/u][/url]. All that thread could possibly result in is people posting, "I'll be your friend," and maybe some random, off-topic conversation. Which isn't what OB is for; this is a message board, not a chat room.

And in the case of threads getting closed in The Arena because they lack a rating: If that's the only reason your thread got closed, there's nothing stopping you from reposting the thread with a rating added in. As Retri said, members can't edit thread titles, so reposting the thread is the only way for you to add the rating.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
In my opinion, some of the threads deserved to be closed because it shows that they didn't read the rules. Then again, the first time I read the rules was after a few months since I joined...

[quote name='Metal Dragon']Then again, the first time I read the rules was after a few months since I joined...[/quote]

[size=1][b]Join Date:[/b] 03-11-2006 ... Nice one :P

Anyway. Most of the threads deserve to be closed, though the moderator should tell [i]why[/i] it's closed.

If you strongly feel that you've been done unjustice, you could always PM the specific moderator that closed your thread. Easy as that. They can fully explain why your thread is closed, and hopefully, they can point out where in the rules it is said.[/size]