OtakuBoards

Favorite Element

Lt.Zero

Favorite Element  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Element

I take an iterest in the elements such as earth, fire, wind, and water as well as the more over looked elments such as darkness, light, metal, electricity, and sound.
I just wanted to know if anyone had a favorite element and if so which one and why?

My favorite element is water 'cause, if it has enough force, it can over throw pretty much anything while most other elements sit there waiting for something to happen to cause them to change. I also like it 'cause when it is in the form of a waterfall I never grow tired of watching it. Always the same yet consantly changing.

And I also like darkness 'cause of how it's portraed in anime, video games, books, ect. And Ilike to use the shadows to hide in and 'cause when people try to sneak up on me I cansee their shadow and stop them :cool:

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=Lime]Well my favorite element Light for I like how no matter what I'm always shinig the light around the world and so I think that it's cool to see how both the elements Light and Darkness.They both need each other in order to mantain balance in the world.Like light cant exist without dark and dark can't exist without light and so forth.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Lord of Spirits][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=Lime]Well my favorite element Light for I like how no matter what I'm always shinig the light around the world and so I think that it's cool to see how both the elements Light and Darkness.They both need each other in order to mantain balance in the world.Like light cant exist without dark and dark can't exist without light and so forth.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

And that is an example of Yin & Yang.

[COLOR=DarkRed]My favorite has to be water, though I like fire and darkness as well. Not really sure why but all three are really mystifying. You are not really sure what they mean and when you think you have the faintest idea, it changes again. Those three are always changing, like I am, a free spirit. They all hold great power. What you choose to do with that power may be the end of you, or may give you something that you value the rest of your life. [/COLOR]

[quote name='NekoSama101']I agree with water. it is very powerful and strong, yet it has the power to heal and that is overlooked a lot.[/quote]

Excuse me?
I didn't know water had the power to heal.
Tell me how.
[Are you saying that if I get a cut you will just blow some water on it then I'll be healed?]

I would pick light.
For the reason that the darkness is scary.
If you don't think so, go walk the streets on a dark night.
[Without any lights. Lets say the streets light go out. Now go walk]

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Excuse me?
I didn't know water had the power to heal.
Tell me how.
[Are you saying that if I get a cut you will just blow some water on it then I'll be healed?][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]In Ancient times there have been those that believe that if you dipped in this pool of water or river, your blindness and/or leporsy will be healed. There has been miracles written down where this is actually the case.

What of the aspect of obesity. If you drink a lot of water, you'd be able to shed some pounds more easily. Not only that, but you cannot live three days without water.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]My favorite element is electricity. It wasn't always, I used to really like darkness and light for a while. I started really liking electricity when a bunch of weird crap starting happening. At first I thought it was just a buildup of static electricity, but then I started to have a special affinity for electricity I guess. Like, I was getting ready to play videogames and I had the controller in my left hand and I was wiping the screen with my right hand. All of sudden, it sent a shock through my controller, into my hand, out through my other hand, and into my screen. It felt really weird, my controller doesn't work anymore and the screen turned blue when it happened. The second weird thing is that one morning I went to turn on my light, and it shocked me really bad. All three lightbulbs, [B]BRAND NEW[/B] light bulbs, busted. They didn't shatter, but all three burnt out immediately. Anyways, I like electricity...

I swear on my life that these stories are true, and even if there are perfectly practical explanations, I don't really care. It's cool to think I have a special thing with electricity.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Japan_86][color=DarkRed]In Ancient times there have been those that believe that if you dipped in this pool of water or river, your blindness and/or leporsy will be healed. There has been miracles written down where this is actually the case.

What of the aspect of obesity. If you drink a lot of water, you'd be able to shed some pounds more easily. Not only that, but you cannot live three days without water.[/color][/QUOTE] You can't live ten minutes without air. Does that mean air has healing powers? ;)

[quote name='John']You can't live ten minutes without air. Does that mean air has healing powers? ;)[/quote]

Technecally air does have healing powers. For example, oxoygen tanks. Many people have trouble breathing and so the tanks help them breath and live longer.

[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed]In Ancient times there have been those that believe that if you dipped in this pool of water or river, your blindness and/or leporsy will be healed. There has been miracles written down where this is actually the case.

What of the aspect of obesity. If you drink a lot of water, you'd be able to shed some pounds more easily. Not only that, but you cannot live three days without water.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
and to add to that, yes actually, if you cut me and i had water, and knew how to use it, i could be healed. not magic, but anceint knowledge

well my favorite element is earth. i mean come on! its all around us! without earth there is practically nothing. its is all and nothing, it makes us whole, and gives us a place to live.the mother earth, with it we are nothing but mere insects crawling a barren waste land, an even then, earth is still there

[quote name='NekoSama101']and to add to that, yes actually, if you cut me and i had water, and knew how to use it, i could be healed. not magic, but anceint knowledge[/quote]

Okay, would you mind telling me this knowledge you have?
Maybe next time I get cut, I'll put some water on it and leave it as a open wound.
Then again, I won't. But Water can't heal someone, It can only hydrate them and[B] Wash [/B]their wound.

Guest Gun Preacher
I like wind and sound the most because

wind is powerful enough to destory anything with enough force and if someone uses water aganst them water just gets cought in the air currents not to say that waters weak but when fused with wind it makes one of earths deadliest forces a hurrican
and the wind can pick you up and help you fly for a moment which is cool ant way you look at it.

sound because waking up and not being able to hear anything is scary and to never hear music thats the worst i wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Guest Stafal-chan
HAHAH FIRE YAAAAY FIRE ^_^ Fire is cool looking in my opinion ^_^ i like tha fact that fire has different colors to it depending on it's heat when fire's blue it's really pretty ^_^ i also like darkness but i could only pick one ^_^ haha i'm not sure wat i like about darkness...^_^ maybe cuz i liek being evil mwuhahaha

[quote name='Stafal-chan']HAHAH FIRE YAAAAY FIRE ^_^ Fire is cool looking in my opinion ^_^ i like tha fact that fire has different colors to it depending on it's heat when fire's blue it's really pretty ^_^ i also like darkness but i could only pick one ^_^ haha i'm not sure wat i like about darkness...^_^ maybe cuz i liek being evil mwuhahaha[/quote]

You could pick more than one.:D And another cool thing 'bout fire is that a raging fire is like falling water. Always the same yet constantly changing.

[CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER]

Okay ya'll, I've noticed some slight arguments 'bout which element is best, like 'bout which makes up the earth more and what has healing powers..., so no fightin'.

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Kioky[/B], I merged your two posts together. Please do not double post. If you wish to add something use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your post. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~*SunfallE[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

[B] Uranium[/B]

Honestly though, I see no point in choosing a 'favorite element'. What would be the purpose of choosing an element you particularly prefer, if elements are something that coincide with one another to equal each other out. Debating on the 'coolness' or importance of the different elements of nature isn't going to resolve in some relevant point or realization, nor does it really provide for decent conversation (at least at the rate this thread is going). Elements are basically meant to coincide with one another so our world will be at harmony. Point blank, that is it. Not one is better than the other. In choosing a favorite, well.... there is no point to it. One might as well choose a favorite number... oh wait...

If we wish to keep our beloved Otakuboards as a place where intelligent people may hold enjoyable conversations and debate over relevant issues, I really wish we could choose a better subject matter. Or at least, we should have the courtesy to have better post quality and reasoning in our posts.

[quote=Stafal-chan]
HAHAH FIRE YAAAAY FIRE ^_^ Fire is cool looking in my opinion ^_^ i like tha fact that fire has different colors to it depending on it's heat when fire's blue it's really pretty ^_^ i also like darkness but i could only pick one ^_^ haha i'm not sure wat i like about darkness...^_^ maybe cuz i liek being evil mwuhahaha[/quote]

[quote=Up4Anime]
I like wind best.It's so powerful and amazing.[/quote]

[quote=NekoSama101]
and to add to that, yes actually, if you cut me and i had water, and knew how to use it, i could be healed. not magic, but anceint knowledge[/quote]

Honestly, you guys. You three are all full members of the OBs, and yet you post in the manner that would be expected from newbies. I do not want to come off as an opinionated jerk, but this sort stuff seems to be a reoccurring habit in our board?s post quality, and I grow weary of it. I don?t know why a moderator hasn?t come by and checked up on this, but people please. Follow the rules, use good punctuation, post more than a sentence, give intelligent reasoning to your replies, so that we can have a more enjoyable experience here at the OBs.

[B]- The Boss[/B][/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Boss I hate you, I was going to come in and say [B]Mercury[/B] but you beat me to it. Yet still I would award you atleast ten cool points for that post, its just as if you were a mod yourself! -gasp- I wish I was at cool as The Boss.

I really am not going to touch the whole water thing with a ten foot pole. The only way I can even think of relating that is when Achillies was said to be dipped in the river Styx and given Immortality in some kind of way execpt at his heel where he had eventually just happened to get hit with a arrow and die what were the odds?

Besides I was wondering how is darkness really an "Element" in the first place? On the planet earth Darkness is really what is the abstance of light. Which besides being used for a sneak attack is generally useless. Then again you have what is space which I am not certain on, but is just filled with Dark Matter... and I have no clue on how one would be able to use that.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]If you read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52331][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Otaku Lounge Rules[/B][/COLOR][/URL] then you would know that it says this:[quote=Otaku Lounge Rules][SIZE=2][CENTER] [b]Reporting bad posts (Playing mod)[/b][/CENTER][/SIZE]
This one doesn?t seem to be too much of an issue, but it does happen on occasion. Please, if you find a thread or member that requires being dealt with by a moderator, and no moderator is currently available, do not take the liberty of dealing with the problem yourself. If you happen to come across this scenario the please use the ?Report bad post? button at the top right hand corner of a post, or you PM a moderator and alert them of the problem, and when a moderator is available, they will take care of it. Thanks for looking out for us, though![/quote]However [B]The Boss[/B] makes a good point since the rules also say this: [quote=Otaku Lounge Rules][b]Expected post quality.[/b]
Not only does post quality involve the concept of having clear, easy to read posts, along with correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation, but it involves just how much a poster?s reply contributes, and expands to any given discussion. This is something that is greatly valued here at OtakuBoards, and we encourage members to exceed with their writing skills.[/quote]Several of the posts have been on the spammy side. So please put a little more effort into your posts. For example the post by [B]Up4anime[/B], you could have expanded on your initial post of ?I like wind best.It's so powerful and amazing.? by explaining why you think the wind is so powerful by giving examples of the winds power.

[B] On Topic: [/B]I actually do not have a favorite element, it just seems pointless to try and pick just one. [b]The Boss[/b] makes a good point in that the elements are meant to coincide with one another. How could I possibly pick just one when there are aspects that I like about each one? I love the how rain cools the air and leaves everything looking so clean and fresh, I love the feel of the wind on my face and the soft rustling sounds it makes when moving through the leaves on trees. I love the warm feeling from sitting next to a fire and I find the crackling sounds it makes soothing as well.

I love closing my eyes to total darkness when I sleep as it seems to help me have pleasant dreams. And when the night is over I love waking up to the sunlight shining in my window. So I guess you could say I like all of the elements.
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Boss I hate you, I was going to come in and say [B]Mercury[/B] but you beat me to it. Yet still I would award you atleast ten cool points for that post, its just as if you were a mod yourself! -gasp- I wish I was at cool as The Boss.

I really am not going to touch the whole water thing with a ten foot pole. The only way I can even think of relating that is when Achillies was said to be dipped in the river Styx and given Immortality in some kind of way execpt at his heel where he had eventually just happened to get hit with a arrow and die what were the odds?

Besides I was wondering how is darkness really an "Element" in the first place? On the planet earth Darkness is really what is the abstance of light. Which besides being used for a sneak attack is generally useless. Then again you have what is space which I am not certain on, but is just filled with Dark Matter... and I have no clue on how one would be able to use that.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

As for Darkness being an element I was reffering back to the times of 'Black Magic' and how Darkness is portrayed in video games.