OtakuBoards

Read. This. Now.

Guest Hakuei

[url]http://www.zmag.org/GlobalWatch/chomskymit.htm[/url]

Extremely long, but if you have a brain and an open mind you'll have it done in half an hour.

Basically, it's an alternative viewpoint to all this 'war on terrorism' talk.

If you cannot be arsed to read what I just posted, then you have no right to form an opinion on the events of the WTC, because quite simply, you don't know what you're talking about.

That World-Aid song... "What's going on?"... that link is your answer.

Guest Altron Gundam
1) Umm...ok
2) What brought this up?
3) What is your problem? You sound really, really angry...*wonders*
4) :therock:

But the real fact of the matter is, I'm sure most of us here at Otaku still have the same feelings about the WTC as we did three months ago. Bringing it up just brings back bad memories, and another viewpoint or insulting our credibility is pretty pointless...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]1) Umm...ok
2) What brought this up?
3) What is your problem? You sound really, really angry...*wonders*
4) :therock: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo][size=3]
Um...I agree with Altron.[/color][/size]

Can we at least attempt to stay on topic? Please?

If you don't have an opinion on the matter, I can respect that, but I don't respect the fact that you choose to clutter up my thread with nonsense rather than simply pressing the back button and finding another thread to post in.

To answer your question(s), no, I'm not upset about anything, but I could do without your sarcasm. As for what brought this up, well... try watching the news.

The edit is appreciated, Altron, and I can understand why you would feel that way. I'm not trying to start controversey... I'm only curious as to what other people have to say about the subject.

Eh...

My edit came a little late. I only bring this up again because the article I mentioned in my first post discusses an alternate prespective on the subject that most people have neglected to think about, and I wanted to give everyone an opportunity to open their mind if they so please.

I understand that this is a sensitive subject for some, but no one has to read or reply if they don't want to. Including you.

Don't take any of this the wrong way. As I said, I'm not trying to start controversey, only spark conversation.

Oh, and by the way... I agree with you about Nelly Furtado and her lack of vocal talent. Horrendous is the only word I can think of to describe it... Ack.

Anyway, I'm drifting off topic, so we can save this conversation for a later date.

[color=orangered][size=1]I skimmed over the article (I don't have the time to read the entire thing at this very moment I'm afraid), but I did notice a few certain points.

I think that it was correct when pointing out that the United States has been a kind of fair weather friend to the rest of the world in terms of the way it has responded to various conflict situations.

I saw an inteview on Fox News with an Afghan film maker the other day. And the interviewer said "Surely you must be happy that America is saving your country from the Taliban now"

And she replied "Well, America is really only doing this because it is in their own interest to do so. I do not confuse their own interests with the plight of the Afghan people".

And that's very true. If Osama bin Laden and his followers were not in Afghanistan, you can bet that the USA would have no interest in toppling the Taliban and thus, would be quite happy to let them continue their reign of terror in that country.

Ultimately, I do not blame the US for wanting to defend itself. If these attacks occured here in Australia (one suspect confessed that there were plans to fly a plane into a parliament building in Europe, as well as the Rialto towers in Melbourne, Australia) then I think I would definitely want to go after them and stop them from doing such things ever again.

Having said that, the only area where I take issue with the United States is that it doesn't exercise its own dominance responsibly. It does tend to respond to incidents or situations that are in its own interests. Yet as I said, that's my only complaint. The USA has also done some great things too.

I feel that this article deals with that aspect, but I also think that many parts of it are fairly irrelevant.

I, unlike certain media personalities (Bill O'Reilly), feel that we need to have an understanding about the motives of terroists -- not to sympathize, but to provide more ways of stopping them in the future.

However, the article's talk of "silent genocide" of millions, with references to older, unrelated conflicts, is really sidestepping the issue a little. It really doesn't have much bearing on the situation at hand.

The simple fact is, the civilized world must attack terrorism wherever it lies.

That may mean civilian death to some extent and it may mean some tough government decisions. Yet I am a firm believer that if we don't stop this activity now, we will pay a very dear price in the years to come.[/color][/size]

I won't waste my time reading that... I simply don't have the time to read that jibberish, most of probably which is false.

I'm going to assume what it says... and my answer is... simply...

We are human, we do stupid dumb, weird, unnesisary things.... Nothing will change that.

And who are you to tell me what I can have an opinion on and what I can't?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I won't waste my time reading that... I simply don't have the time to read that jibberish, most of probably which is false.

I'm going to assume what it says... and my answer is... simply...

We are human, we do stupid dumb, weird, unnesisary things.... Nothing will change that.

And who are you to tell me what I can have an opinion on and what I can't? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well umm...it wasn't really saying that you can or can't have an opinion.

It was just providing analysis of the events and talking about alternatives.

I think you should read it before you comment. ;)[/color][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]Well umm...it wasn't really saying that you can or can't have an opinion.

I think you should read it before you comment. ;)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Quiet down you!

Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't read?!
Muhaha! :butthead:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

Quiet down you!

Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't read?!
Muhaha! :butthead: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]-_-

MoB, I'm a pretty tolerant person. Most of your posts lately have been totally fine. But don't post this utter spam/garbage, we both know it's stupid and unnecessary.

If you don't want to get involved in a conversation in this thread, then you are under no obligation to post here.[/color][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]-_-

MoB, I'm a pretty tolerant person. Most of your posts lately have been totally fine. But don't post this utter spam/garbage, we both know it's stupid and unnecessary.

If you don't want to get involved in a conversation in this thread, then you are under no obligation to post here.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Now James, honestly...that message should have been sent through a PM...next time please do that.

PS - that smilie sucks, for future reference, don't use it!

...and to get back on topic....as not to get "in trouble"

I don't feel like reading any of that stuff, I see soo much of it all the time on the tv (when I watch it) and on internet sites that it's gotten rediculous!:worried:

[B]

Now James, honestly...that message should have been sent through a PM...next time please do that.

I don't feel like reading any of that stuff, I see soo much of it all the time on the tv (when I watch it) and on internet sites that it's gotten rediculous!:worried: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You really don't care, do you? Can't you just be normal for once...[/color]

[B]

I don't feel like reading any of that stuff, I see soo much of it all the time on the tv (when I watch it) and on internet sites that it's gotten rediculous!:worried: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]

If you have the right to post unrelated messages in a topic, I have the right to bring you to task within the topic. ;)

As for the smilie, I didn't even create it...god knows what Adam was thinking.

It's weird how one moment you're fine (even likeable) and the next you're acting worse than SSJGoten. Just make sure you maintain some quality in your posts in future please.

(To some extent I agree with your last paragraph there though ;))[/color][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]You really don't care, do you? Can't you just be normal for once...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Bah! there's a whole world full of "normal" ...do we really need anymore...honestly? :lecture:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i can see arguing w/ james and all... that is quite fun... but doing anything mean to jenna... shame on u... *looks for a ban warning to stick on MOB*... ill find one for ya and get it for ya... remember... the admin and gods may be nice... but i dont give a crap so ill be honest... shape up or ship out and have a nice day too ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[B]

I think you should read it before you comment. ;)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well the way he phrased it, he said if I do not know whatever this article says I have no right to have an opinion on something, which isn't something I will agree with...

And I think I've annalysed the event and the consequences it's had not only on Afgany people and Americans, but the world... which is why I assumed what it said... even if I didn't assume correctly, my post still makes a point... I tend not to agree with alot of people's annalys on the tragedy... I have my set opinions, and they sway from side to side... by reading something, that I'm probably sure comes from a one side, not giving pros and cons, only pros, it's be hard for me to read it, and so I won't... plus it was 12:30 or something when I read this topic and I've had a busy day....

I'd much rather read some one paragraph synopsis on the issue than something that will waste 30 minutes of my oh so tiring time.

Perhas I may read it tomorrow... perhaps I should stop making assumptions too... I'm still high on my bowling of a 271 :) so... GO ME!

And PS: I think MoB is funnier than hell sometimes... that is all.

I like to read Chomsky's writings and the Project Censored series. I, too, skimmed through the article. I don't know....it seems as if we (America) tie the 'bad' guys into current controversies to fit our need for blame. Instead of the druggists, is it not now the terrorists? Im probably speaking out of my *** though.

Heres a good article also:
[url]http://electronicintifada.net/coveragetrends/rejoicing.html[/url]

Master O Beans isn't normal, and it's totally useless to tell him to "try and be normal"....

And, Ha-whatever, you have just unconfused me of all of this terrorist crap. I was really getting confused with all these traitors, and crap on the news, and then I read what you said, and I'm unconfuddled all of a sudden..thanks.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Master O Beans isn't normal, and it's totally useless to tell him to "try and be normal"....

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]That's beacuse you don't know him like I do. He is in fact quite a great guy...especially when he's normal ;)[/color]