OtakuBoards

The Underground

fluxton

I think it would be cool if there was a forum where you could post anything you want. no specific subject - it could be anything. it could be called somthing coll like the underground or random access. that way members could speak freely on any subject.

[color=darkblue][size=1]There's already a forum like that; it's called Otaku Lounge, heh.

Any member can voice their specific opinions on anything they want in the O. Lounge; the only thing is that there will be people who disagree and will debate with you on certain things. It's inevitable around here, lol.[/color][/size]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I think I see what he is suggesting and I really doubt it would ever happen (but I am only speaking on behalf of myself - not the entire staff). This site stresses post quality and a forum created for the sole purpose of being able to post whatever you want, even if it does not increase your post count, goes against everything that OtakuBoards was built on and currently thrives on. It would be a forum essentially inviting people to spam. So if you ask me, there's almost no chance of this being an option.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Like I said though, this is only my opinion so do not take my post as the final word of the entire staff.[/color][/font]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Considering some of the post quality I'm seeing in this thread, I think my answer is going to be obvious. ~_^

Basically, no, I don't want to include a non-Moderated area on OtakuBoards. I've seen it done to death everywhere else and it basically becomes an area full of spam. So it would attract members who want to post like that and they'd start posting everywhere else, which is something we just don't want.

If you want a random off-topic forum where there are no rules at all, I think you'll probably find plenty of places on the Internet for that type of stuff. OtakuBoards is about quality and those who enjoy quality...and that isn't something I plan to change.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]Considering some of the post quality I'm seeing in this thread, I think my answer is going to be obvious. ~_^

Basically, no, I don't want to include a non-Moderated area on OtakuBoards. I've seen it done to death everywhere else and it basically becomes an area full of spam. So it would attract members who want to post like that and they'd start posting everywhere else, which is something we just don't want.

If you want a random off-topic forum where there are no rules at all, I think you'll probably find plenty of places on the Internet for that type of stuff. OtakuBoards is about quality and those who enjoy quality...and that isn't something I plan to change.[/font][/QUOTE]

yeah i see whare you are comming from. you're right

[quote name='fluxton][QUOTE=White][font=tahoma][color=#555555]I am the coolest and hottest member on OtakuBoards.[/color'][/font][/quote]
yeah i see whare you are comming from. you're right[/QUOTE]
[font=tahoma][color=#555555]I'm glad we agree.

Anyways, I think this topic has been basically covered but I'd like to post my two cents.

Here's what will happen if we ever had a forum such as the one talked about above. New members would flock to this place and post spam, spam, spam. They would get so used to this that they wouldn't even care about posting [i]good[/i] quality posts in other areas.

Also, it's been (like James said) to death. Otakuboards is great because every one of it's forums is unique and can only be found here (for the most part). If we had an un-moderated forum, it would (as Petie pointed out) go against everything Otakuboards enforces.

It's like having a special state/province in every country where all the laws are put aside and people can do whatever they want.[/color][/font]