OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Guest Call Me "Masa"

Guest Call Me "Masa"
Wouldn't it be awesome if they remade Final Fantasy 7 on the PS2 or even the PS3? Imagine the graphics (those who saw Advent Children know what i'm talking about), just thinking about the possiblities make me tear up inside, like the poor little moogle I am, lol.

Have any ideas for the game, post them here.

I know that their making a before the crises game. And their coming out with one about Vincent really soon. It would be nice to see FF7 all nice, but without being change. I would be really pissed if they changed the story any.

Sure it would be nice...but its not really needed. The original FF7 for the PS is still and will always be a great game...just as FF6 is for the SNES.
Graphics aren't everything y'know.

Plus Dirge of Cerberus is coming out soon...which is sorta like a sequel/side story for FF7....and it looks awsome. Just don't expect the oldschool RPG formula, its more of a third person shooter, with RPG elements.

I was wondering the same thing the other day. :animeswea Personally I don't think there's a need to re-make FF7. I like it the way it is. Call me old school if you want. =P I'd rather see sequels with new stories...currently anxiously awaiting Dirge of Cerberus.

Has anyone seen this? Check it out. [url]http://www.gamespot.com/features/6130799/index.html[/url]

From what I've read, there is a small chance of a remake happening, seeing how SquareEnix has said next to nothing about it. The tech demo was just showing off what SquareEnix has in store for next gen consoles.

Yoshinori Kitase, the original director, has stated he would like Tetsuya Nomura to direct it. But, Nomura, the character designer for VII, said his next project isn?t going to be a remake or prequel to VII.

If they added alot of new content and such for the PS2/PS3, I might consider buying it. VII had some of the best graphics of the time though, and had a great story and battle system. So, is there any real reason for SquareEnix to redo it? How much would graphics add to the game anyway? I see no real value of giving FFVII a facelift, even though fans may disagree.

I'm not in favor of the FFVII remake, because no matter what they do to it, the original will always be considered better by those who've played it. I bet many of the fans that are desperately clamoring for the remake will ultimately - if it's published - be disappointed. I can already hear all those "but Aeris doesn't look that way!" "They've got Nibelheim all wrong!" "What's up with these dorky summons?" etc.

I believe it was Yoichi Wada (president of S-E), who said that there would not be a remake for FFVII as long as the original game could be played with the current console. It wouldn't be the first time a man has eated his words, though...

Anyhow, my opinion is that after all these sequels and prequels and remakes, S-E should start to concentrate completely on making some new stuff.

Besides, all the ravaging fans have already got AC, BC, DC and soon CC - will they settle for nothing?!

I would love a Final Fantasy VII remake, although they would have to be careful not to upset most of the fans. Then again a lot of the fans would be upset without even giving it a chance but I would like to see what they do to it...as long as they don't mess it up.

Although I can't really see a remake happening for a long while, I hope I'm wrong but it seems Square-Enix are really busy right now. Another reason I can't see it happening is, oh and these spolers contain info from one of the new games [spoiler] apparently DoC ends on a cliffhanger indicating that there will be a FFVII-2, so of course if that were so that would be made before a remake [/spoiler]

If there was a remake I think they should change the fact that Yuffie and Vincent are optional characters as it would make no sense to Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children if they were not there in the first place. I would also like some extra dialogue and the music should have the same songs but redone. Oh! and Vincent and Yuffie in the ending please..ok I'm done.

DoC revolves around vincent right ? And Ive seen some gameplay footage from the FFVII AC dvd. But.. Isnt Vince Valentine supposed to be invincible lmao? when he does that whole cape thing xD If i was him.. lmao screw the guns, haha i would just cape around the world and pwn everyone haha

[color=darkred]There are already enough threads relating to this topic around Play It, so I don't really think that another is needed. I'm sure if you search the database, using the "search" tool in the navigator down the left hand side of the page, then you'll come across one of the existing FFVII remake threads. With that said, I'm going to close this thread seeing as it won't be needed.

Thread Closed.[/color]