Blayze Posted May 13, 2006 Posted May 13, 2006 [size=1]I just went out and bought this album today, and I must say...wow! It's incredible the mix they have of mellowed-out songs that are all really quite beautiful, and then you get into that upbeat, tight funk style the Red Hot Chili Peppers are so very famous for. From [b]Snow ((Hey Oh))[/b], with it's mellow rhythms and extremely pretty-sounding intro, to the manic [b]Hump de Bump[/b], or the extremely funky [b]Charlie[/b], the [b]Jupiter [/b]disc is a fantastic mix. And then you move onto the [b]Mars [/b]disc, which has my almost immediate favourite track on the whole album, [b]Tell Me Baby[/b], with its fantastic funk stylings, and then the funky intro but fairly chilled-out melody of [b]Readymade[/b]. To be honest, I would recommend this album to anyone and everyone, die-hard Chilis fans and newcomers to their sound alike. What do you all think? [/size]
2010DigitalBoy Posted May 13, 2006 Posted May 13, 2006 Damn... and to think I passed it up because it was 20 bucks... I should've bought it! I love Dani California, and I've read that Omar A Rodiguez-Lopez of The Mars Volta makes a guest appearance, which is bloody awesome. (apparantly the two bands are pretty tight-knit). Definitelly I will buy it, and thank you for your advice!
WW2 Posted May 13, 2006 Posted May 13, 2006 I just bought the CD last night....luckily I found it on sale for 11.99. But I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet, but I've always been a fan of the Chilli Peppers so it can't be too bad. ...right?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now