OtakuBoards

Bloody Mary

Up4anime

[QUOTE=Ai.sAkUrA.chan][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]my friends and i have tried it...too many times. In school, house, wal-mart (lol), anywhere. It never really works with me..yeah, i'm probably missing a few things.
The first time we tried it, i decided to scare them by saying i felt someone scratch me, and strangle me.
When we got out, i saw red hand marks, and 5 scratches on my left hand.
It scared the crap outta me.
Maybe it got upset?
I dunno. We've pretty much stopped doing it, seeing as it got somewhat boring.
Nothing ever happened, not counting that weird scratching thingy.
OOOOKaaay..the house just got completely silent,lol.
Wellies then, i'm guessing that's about it? Yeah..[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Wow, I've never tried it myself, but I know some people who've tried it. Nothing ever happened. The Supernatural episode with Bloody Mary was very scary though. I'm still scared from it and I watched it about 9-10 months or so ago

Guest kagomaegirl
[quote name='Zakarias.exe']That's just a very common myth. I've always been inclined to believe in it, but it's not true. I tried it once, then I felt incredibly stupid afterwards.[/quote]
ive always believed in certain myths and legends, and i grew up in an area that despised anything to do with anything but the truth. i know this sounds odd, weird, and many other things, but i can actually see dead ppl. it scares the hell out of me when i see them and i have dreams about them. on friday this week, we got out of school and some of my friends and i were in the locker room. we were just messing around and i dont even think we were suposed to be there, but we did the bloody mary thing and it worked. we had the lights off and we went infront of one of the mirrors and held hands as we walked in a circle chanting 'bloody mary' 13 times. we had a girl on 'light duty' incase some1 got scared and when we turned the lights on, we didnt see anything. we started talking and getting ready to leave, when i saw her. they said i turned really pale and my eyes turned white (they do that when i see a ghost/spirit) i was in a daze and they had to shake me before i relized what was going on. i was sitting on a bench staring at what i saw sitting ontop of the lockers on the opposite wall. i saw bloody mary. they kept asking me what was wrong, but i couldnt speak, i just started crying. i didnt mean to cry, but i was so scared. i had never seen anything so horrifying in my life. i pointed in the direction of her and said that she was there. one of my other friends could see her too. we all looked in that direction and we could feel her presence. she just sat there, staring at me, i thought, but then i heard something behind me and i saw a baby boy. i have reason to believe that that boy was her kid and she was looking through me to see the boy. she didnt move for the longest time, but then as i got up to leave the locker room, she moved. she jumped off the lockers and moved to the spot i had just been. i watched her as she grabbed the boy and strangled him. then, when it seemed as though she had killed him (even though he is already dead), she got really sad and started crying. it was as if she was sad for killing her child. i was still crying during this and i didnt want to leave the room because i didnt want anyone to see me crying, but i couldnt stay in there anymore. she knew i could see her and that i saw what she had done.she stared at me and this time i knew it was me she was looking at. i never heard my friends the whole time they were talking to me, until one of them slapped me. i told them what had happened and the other one that could see her told me to watch out because she was behind me. we ran out of the school as fast as we could and im so thankful that it was on the last day of school. you can choose to belive me, or not. it doesnt matter, but what im telling you is straight from my experience and if you do believe me, thank you for your belief because it is very true and ive never cried so much in my life. i never want to see another ghost again. but i cant help it when i do, i just wont see her ever again becuase i wont ever do that again.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]The funny thing is, I actually did try Bloody Mary when I was in the 1st grade. You pretty much see your own reflection, run outside the bathroom and get all freaked out. It's wierd how those games get started. I know Candyman started off of the movie, but ironically I didn't see the movie until last year and it wasn't frightening at all. I kind of found it funny actually.

Candyman and Freddy were probably the scariest to me, that and attack of the clowns movie scared me a whole lot when I was four. Does Bloody Mary work? Maybe you should try it out. I'd be more scared of the clowns, you know they hide in bathrooms right? Yeah, the clowns will get you every time.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest tanukioh
[QUOTE=Pumpkin][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=#333333]The funny thing is, I actually did try Bloody Mary when I was in the 1st grade. You pretty much see your own reflection, run outside the bathroom and get all freaked out. It's wierd how those games get started. I know Candyman started off of the movie, but ironically I didn't see the movie until last year and it wasn't frightening at all. I kind of found it funny actually.

Candyman and Freddy were probably the scariest to me, that and attack of the clowns movie scared me a whole lot when I was four. Does Bloody Mary work? Maybe you should try it out. I'd be more scared of the clowns, you know they hide in bathrooms right? Yeah, the clowns will get you every time.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Candyman is based off the Bloody Marry myth. o.o ^_^ so they are similar. I started it a few times, but always backed down.

>.> Killer Klowns from Outer Space! ^_^ I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!! o.o watch out for their guns! they shoot cotton candy that cocoons you!!! O_O

[QUOTE=Panda]Sara, as always, you rock.

In a related matter I was on a 4am flight to the midwest when the drink trolley came by and the guy in front of me ordered a Bloody Mary. He looked like he would claw your eyes out if you didn't give him his morning "eye opener". :p

As for the game itself I haven't played any of those since grade school slumber parties. The only one everyone was willing to play was called "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board". You were suppose to have one of your friends lay on the ground while everyone else surrounded them placing two fingers under the friend laying down. Chant the phrase "light as a feather, stiff as a board" over and over and you would/should be able to lift up the person in the middle since they were....wait for it.....light as a feather and stiff as a board.

Did it worked you ask?

Yes. That is because there was like 10 of us around a girl who was whisper thin. In the end we all just got really giddy and a good time was had by all.[/QUOTE]

my friends and i always try that. The first few times it never worked, we always burst into giggles or started a pillow fight (oookaaay?). But just recently, my friend had a huge sleepover, and we decided to try it for real. I was the one that had to be err..lifted? yeah.
I had to relax and stay calm, if not, it would just be a failure like the other attempts.
That was the only time it ever worked. Maybe bcuz it was the only time we didn't laugh? Yup.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']... Your not twenty one yet. So why you wanna be drunk offa nasty booze.[/quote]
[size=1]Obviously, you've never been drunk.
When you're drunk you can sing, people are laughing with you, you suddenly become a suave gentleman, idiotic feats are automatically within your grasp, and every single conversation deserves your loud and immediate discussion.

And Sara, you forgot the pickle and beer chaser. :D[/size]

I reemeber some of my friends doing the bloody mary thing. They couldn't find the door out of the bathroom for ten minutes...O remember another one too. There was chukie. If you said his name ten times in front of a mirror, he would come out and do horrible things to you.