OtakuBoards

Bloody Mary

Up4anime

[QUOTE=Up4anime]Does bloody mary work?
I tried it but I dont think i did it right.I had the lights on and there was no water.has anyone else ever did it?[/QUOTE]
I think this is my area pf epertise iv'e done evrything in my power to evoke whatever spirit is summoned by this ritual,sacrifices,blood sacrifices,lights out, lights on,pentagrams,transmutation circles chants,water,and pretty much evry other spiritual medium i could think of i dont think it works i did wake up with scrathes on my arms but i think i was scratching a itch in my sleep.

P.s trie lights out and full sink of water with at least one candle

[size=1][color=#b0000b][quote][size=1][color=#b0000b][center][b]Bloody Mary[/b][/center]

[b]Ingredients:[/b]
1 1/2 oz Vodka
3 ea Drops tabasco sauce
3 oz Tomato juice
1 x Pepper; to taste
1 ea Lemon; juiced
1 x Salt; to taste
1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce

[b]Preparation:[/b]
Shake with ice and strain into old-fashioned glass over ice cubes. A wedge of lime may be added.

[b]Serves:[/b] 1[/color][/size][/quote]

Works like a charm.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]my friends and i have tried it...too many times. In school, house, wal-mart (lol), anywhere. It never really works with me..yeah, i'm probably missing a few things.
The first time we tried it, i decided to scare them by saying i felt someone scratch me, and strangle me.
When we got out, i saw red hand marks, and 5 scratches on my left hand.
It scared the crap outta me.
Maybe it got upset?
I dunno. We've pretty much stopped doing it, seeing as it got somewhat boring.
Nothing ever happened, not counting that weird scratching thingy.
OOOOKaaay..the house just got completely silent,lol.
Wellies then, i'm guessing that's about it? Yeah..[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]XD Sara, you are my hero.

I, personally, have never tried it (for I am assuming you mean the whole mirror-spirit-thing). And I don't know how that whole thing got started anyway. Why would Queen Mary show up in my mirror?

XP

By the way, all you really need to do to "make it work" is chant "Bloody Mary" thirteen times in a darkened room while facing a mirror. I think. But, I have no reason to call upon... whatever it is.[/color][/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]But in all seriousness, don't you think vengeful spirits have better things to do than wait around inside of bathroom mirrors?

...and even if they [i]didn't[/i], why on earth would you want to lure one out?[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]But in all seriousness, don't you think vengeful spirits have better things to do than wait around inside of bathroom mirrors?

...and even if they [i]didn't[/i], why on earth would you want to lure one out?[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Exactly. I would rather keep them there. I hate mirrors enough as it is. Lol. Besides, I'd rather... [I]not[/I] get scratched. My cat already does that for me.

What is "Bloody Mary" supposed to do anyway? Besides have you ogle her? [/color][/size]

I tried it not knowing what it was suppossed to do.Isnt it just supposed to make water blood or something?
Has anyone heard of the Blair withch project?d of a girl
I heard of a girl in my school trying that.There is no way in the world i'd do it.

[quote name='Up4anime']I tried it not knowing what it was suppossed to do.Isnt it just supposed to make water blood or something?[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Congratulations! You just tried to summon [i][url=http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/bloodymary.asp]an angry spirit who wants to claw your face off[/url][/i].

Mayhap you should investigate your occult rituals more thoroughly before attempting them, mm?[/color][/size]

[FONT=Georgia]Oh God, this used to be a favorite thing for me to do as a little kid with my friends. We did the whole classic preparation in the bathroom, chanted "Blood Mary" three times, saw our [i]own[/i] reflections in the mirror, screamed, and ran out of the bathroom.

That's pretty much how it went. It's just a fun way to scare yourself.[/FONT]

I think I tried it once with a friend when we were younger. No demons though.
Now, as I was reading this I was tempted to try it, but I'm a little afraid of the dark unless I'm trying to sleep :animeshy: . So instead, I decided to find out who is this Bloody Mary and what she's all about.
[QUOTE]Mary I, the queen of England from 1553 to 1558 became known as "Bloody Mary" during the reign of her successor, Elizabeth on account of the perceived ferocity of her religious persecutions; she has borne the epithet ever since. "Bloody Mary" is also a name for a ghost or witch who appears in children's folklore; other very similar tales use different names.

In folklore and children's street culture, "Bloody Mary" is the name of a children's game in which a ghost or witch of the same name (or sometimes other names, such as Mary Worth) is said to appear in a mirror when summoned. One of the more common ways participants attempt to make her appear is to stand before a mirror in the dark and repeat her name three times, though there are many variations. Some include chanting a hundred times, chanting at midnight, spinning around, or rubbing one's eyes. Most of these are meant to disorient people. In some versions of the legend, the summoner must say "Bloody Mary, I killed your son!" (or "I killed your baby"). In these variants, Bloody Mary is often believed to be the spirit of a mother (often a widow) who murdered her children, or a woman who was murdered shortly before or after her wedding. In stories where Mary is supposed to have been wrongly accused of killing her children, the querent might say "I believe in Mary Worth."

The game is often a test of courage, as it is said that if Bloody Mary is summoned, she would murder the summoner, often in a quite violent way, such as gouging out his or her eyes. Other variations say that the querent must not look directly at her, but at her image in the mirror; she will then reveal the querent's future, particularly concerning marriage and children.

Bloody Mary Worth is typically described as a child-murderess who lived in the locality where the legend has taken root about a century ago. There is often a specific local graveyard or tombstone that becomes attached to the legend.

On the other hand, various people have surmised that the lore about taunting Bloody Mary about her baby may relate her tenuously to folklore about Queen Mary I. ([1], [2]) The queen's life was marked by a number of miscarriages or false pregnancies. Had Mary I successfully borne a child, this would have established a Roman Catholic succession and threatened the continuance of her religious persecutions after her death. Speculation exists that the miscarriages were deliberately induced. As a result, some retellings of the tale make Bloody Mary the queen driven to madness by the loss of her children. ([3]) It is likely, however, that Queen Mary I provided only her nickname to the Bloody Mary of folklore

The mirror ritual by which Bloody Mary is summoned may also relate to a form of divination involving mirrors and darkness that was once performed on Halloween. While as with any sort of folklore the details may vary, this particular tale encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backwards, holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face. There was, however, a chance that they would see the skull-face of the Grim Reaper instead; this meant, of course, that they were destined to die before they married.[/QUOTE]

You all think it's fake because you've done it wrong!

You're supposed to chant "bloody mary" 14 times, then say and additional 'bloody mary' at 1 minute past the hour for 13 hours afterwards, finally, centre yourself right in the middle of the floor space in front of the mirror, rotate 360 degrees clockwise 13 times, and pour a litre of red arcrylic paint over your head. If you do this right, bloody Mary will come out of the mirror and gash your head open, and there will be LOTS of blood.

It works, trust me, it's very freaky too. ;)

[COLOR=#656446][quote name='Lost Lightbulb']You're supposed to chant "bloody mary" 14 times, then say and additional 'bloody mary' at 1 minute past the hour for 13 hours afterwards, finally, centre yourself right in the middle of the floor space in front of the mirror, rotate 360 degrees clockwise 13 times, and pour a litre of red arcrylic paint over your head. If you do this right, bloody Mary will come out of the mirror and gash your head open, and there will be LOTS of blood.[/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/carrie_re-thumb.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Did I do it right?[/b][/CENTER][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/carrie_re-thumb.jpg[/IMG]
[b]Did I do it right?[/b][/CENTER][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]Oh man, that movie was so funny. At least, what I saw of it was, and that was from the [spoiler]scene in the gym[/spoiler] to the end.

I remember doing this all the time several years ago at my grandpa's house. Actually, I never did Bloody Mary, because I was too scared she'd actually show up. LOL?

My friend knew all these weird chants you did in the bathroom to make weird stuff happen. Like saying "candyman" three times and flushing the toilet was supposed to do one of the following:

-show the "Candyman" in the toilet
-make bubbles
-regurgitate [spoiler]poo[/spoiler]

The bubbles worked, but that's because we flushed the toilet. The girl warned us not to sit in the closet and chant "Oh Captain Jones," because she thought a person at her school did that and they never came back. :twitch:

One of the "ghost callers" that did work, though, was "Six Scratches." One person would lie on their back while another rubbed the person's temples and told an impromptu story in which the person lying down is in some sort of accident and gets out with six scratches on their back. What comes out is not actually scratches, but red lines in various places all over the back. There are supposedly six, after counting, but I'm not sure if it's really true.

Then again, I don't really believe in spirits.[/FONT]

Sara, as always, you rock.

In a related matter I was on a 4am flight to the midwest when the drink trolley came by and the guy in front of me ordered a Bloody Mary. He looked like he would claw your eyes out if you didn't give him his morning "eye opener". :p

As for the game itself I haven't played any of those since grade school slumber parties. The only one everyone was willing to play was called "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board". You were suppose to have one of your friends lay on the ground while everyone else surrounded them placing two fingers under the friend laying down. Chant the phrase "light as a feather, stiff as a board" over and over and you would/should be able to lift up the person in the middle since they were....wait for it.....light as a feather and stiff as a board.

Did it worked you ask?

Yes. That is because there was like 10 of us around a girl who was whisper thin. In the end we all just got really giddy and a good time was had by all.

[QUOTE=Cygnus X-1][COLOR=Sienna]Bloody Mary? Don't be foolish! Of course it doesn't work!

Now Slightly Disgruntled Jack... there's a bugger who's bad side you'd be advised to avoid.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Hahaha. That was chucle worthy, my friend. I mean i really laughed out loud. Kudos to you and your sense of humor.

As for the bloody mary whatnot, i heard about it when i was a kid. I was always to afraid to try it. It was funny though, my bathroom mirror is a wall, an entire wall full of mirrors. I think that freaked me out even more. ^J^

Later.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[color=dimgray] I used to do this all the time when I was little. Except not with Bloody Mary...the Candy Man. Er. All I remember is that I watched some movie called The Candy Man and it was this guy who had bees all over his body. Yah. *slinks away*

I get easily scared when it comes to these kind of things now. Sort of odd, because horror movies didn't used to scare me, but now I'll watch House on Haunted Hill and sleep with the lights on for about three days.[/color]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I remember trying that once...I can't remember if it worked though. I was like six years old though, and we could hardly see the mirror, even on tip-toes.

I have done something called "Dead Baby" though.Its kinda the same concept, using the dark bathroom and the mirror and chanting.
But the difference is that you pretend to be cradling a baby,and chant "Dead baby" thirteen times. Then after thirteen you were supposed to drop the "baby", count to thirteen and cradle your arms again. You were supposed to feel something like the weight of a baby in your arms.
Again, I don't think it worked.

Still, I guess it depends on how keyed up you can get. Like once when my friends and I watched "The Ring" at a sleep-over birthday party,we wouldn't go into the bathroom or my friends bedroom until the morning beause we had to walk by a circle-shaped laundry chute to get to them, and the hostess swore she felt something grab her ankle when she did it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Guest tanukioh
I was always too scared to try... :( O.o Though I do have to ask myself why "Bloody Mary," Queen of England, killer of 200 some odd protestants would show up in a bathroom mirror when you called her name X amount of times. O.o Makes no since to me.

o.o unless that's a different Mary.

[QUOTE=tanukioh]I was always too scared to try... :( O.o Though I do have to ask myself why "Bloody Mary," Queen of England, killer of 200 some odd protestants would show up in a bathroom mirror when you called her name X amount of times. O.o Makes no since to me.

o.o unless that's a different Mary.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Common misconception; it's not Mary I of England, it's Mary Worth (Normally, although that varies), who was a 'witch' killed for the crime of being an uh... witch. At least, that's my understanding of it. Pretty safe to assume there's nothing to be scared of, mate...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Panda]Sara, as always, you rock.

In a related matter I was on a 4am flight to the midwest when the drink trolley came by and the guy in front of me ordered a Bloody Mary. He looked like he would claw your eyes out if you didn't give him his morning "eye opener". :p

As for the game itself I haven't played any of those since grade school slumber parties. The only one everyone was willing to play was called "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board". You were suppose to have one of your friends lay on the ground while everyone else surrounded them placing two fingers under the friend laying down. Chant the phrase "light as a feather, stiff as a board" over and over and you would/should be able to lift up the person in the middle since they were....wait for it.....light as a feather and stiff as a board.

Did it worked you ask?

Yes. That is because there was like 10 of us around a girl who was whisper thin. In the end we all just got really giddy and a good time was had by all.[/QUOTE]I just tried that light as a feather stiff as a board thing with my cousin who is 6 unfourtunantly I wasnat able to lift him.I had no help from anyone I guess that was why it didnt work or maybe it just dosent work.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]I used to try this with grade-school friends against my bedroom mirror....being six and seven year old girls, however, we always freaked each other out and never ever got to thirteen.

A boy in our neighborhood had one with Freddy Kueger...if you said Freddy Kueger three times, his claws would show up behind you in the mirror, and you'd hear him laughing...

Of course, at seven, I had no idea who Freddy was, nor that he was a [i]movie character[/i] and thus couldn't hurt me [i]anyway[/i], but the thought of claws freaked me out so I never tried.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Cygnus X-1][COLOR=Sienna]
Common misconception; it's not Mary I of England, it's Mary Worth (Normally, although that varies), who was a 'witch' killed for the crime of being an uh... witch. At least, that's my understanding of it. Pretty safe to assume there's nothing to be scared of, mate...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]
For some reason I always thought it was the Virgin Mary. Like the mother of Jesus Christ.
But does it really matter because it like...doesn't (not always?) works?
( ^Ehemrhetorical.JustaddingimputEhem.^)[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]