OtakuBoards

Lucky Devils [M-VLS]

kalon

Snake Eyes opened her mouth and then it was too late. She began to rant.

"Kiiiiiiiyeh! Judgement, I've been alone in this house all day! Nobody would go with me...." She kicked the kitchen counter. The loud [I]clunk[/I] that echoed through the room seemed to satisfy her a little.

Soma groaned. "You should've come with me! Oh, wait, you were skipping out during the meeting, weren't you?" She knocked on Snake Eyes' head.

Snake Eyes grinned sheepishly and waved her hands about wildly to signal that she would rather not discuss any more topics that would end with her punished. "Oh well! I'll just go with you next time!" She smiled as if her whole rotten day was about to be justified. "What's the scoop on your guy, then? Is it juicy?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll caught one more glance of Soma leaving with one of the guys from the party. He figured she must have found what she was looking for. Not like it was hard to do here. As such, Roll took up his own cause and began probing about. This place was usually on the higher end of social dress and demeanor. It often felt like the held up there nose to him, but he just flaunted his markings on his hands and people often feel into line. He used this to see who was packing insurance.

If they had no way of protecting themselves from one such as himself, they would fall into line pretty quick, even if only til he was out of sight. However, those with other such bodyguards, or some other means of defense often maintained an unshifting demeanor. He was hoping he might be able to do this and spot his mark in the crowd.

Sadly, this was to little avail. He never found her at the party, but he did pick up a thing or two in passing. How true it was, is uncertain. There is always the possiblity that it was just a rumor, but it seemed like alot more people then just the Lucky Devils had caught wind of this party where he was suppose to hit his mark. He even heard mention of cops and politicians attending.

After scrounging some base level information, he decided he was sick of this snutty atmosphere. He went to Brett and bid his farewell and left through the back entrance. Some of the posibilities that had come to light were unsettling, but they could also prove to be most entertaining. Roll looked to the watch on his right arm [B]"Guess I'll head back to the house now."[/B]

And with that he gave one final glance to the nightly moon and started back down the slowly quieting street.

Matthew looked at the remaining paper and grabbed it taking a look at the Picture of a Male looking around Fourty-three His appearance was Distinguished the picture wasn't in color but his hair seemed gray in color with slight black a thick beard and well dressed "A hitman?" in Huge black letters the word Mob hitman.

"Interesting Job" he grinned slightly, He walked back to his room looking through and grabbing a Black leather jacket that lay across the ground and crumpled into a corner, Sliding his arm through the jacket he let out a yawn and stuffed the paper into his jacket pocket "Another day" he walked from his room and closed the door viciously the slam could be heard through the small house.

The house was a mess clothes sprawled out and food, cans and anything else yu could imagine he walked through the door walking out into the cold once again reaching into his dark leather jacket and grabbing a small cigarette package and tapped the bottom and grabbing the small tobacco filled paper, placing the roll in his mouth and grabbing a lighter from his jacket placing the catridge of smokes back in the pocket and cuffing his hands around the roll and lighting the smoke, The fire burning ever-so sloftly and the smoke raising to the heavens above.

He placed the lighter back into his pocket and started walking down the street the street lights flickering and the sounds of sirens squeling through-out the city, matthew continued walking looking and watching the streets his destination was an old Bar down the street where he knew a man named Bob they both worked pretty closely and bob told him what had been going down on the streets and such, an old building with a neon sign flickered "Beer" placed conveniently in the window with a pack of bums beating at the window screaming at the patrons inside uttering drunken slured words.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]Eliska told Dimes what he wanted to hear. "So, you do know Soma, and that she lives with other Fate's Children," he said. "And how do you know that she lives with other Fate's Children, child?" He grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to him. Eliska tried to think of an answer, but before she could utter a statement Dimes let go of her and stood up. "Nevermind. I don't want to know." He turned his back on her and stood motionless.

Eliska sat there on the couch, unaware of what she should do. Should she say something? What was there to say? After a few minutes of patiently sitting still, Eliska asked, "So...now what?" She was still sweating from fear.

"You know I can't let you leave, Eliska," Dimes said as he turned around to face the frightened girl on his couch. He sat down beside her and stared into her eyes, his face soft and gentle, "I just can't. I would risk being found by someone if I let you loose."

Eliska couldn't take her gaze from this man's eyes. "It's - It's fine. I'll just...stay here." [I]Is he putting a trance on me?[/I] she thought to herself. [I]I feel so calm. So carefree.[/I]

Dimes held out his hand to Eliska. She took it, and he led her slowly up the stairs and down a dark corridor to a spare bedroom. "I'm not going to tie you up or anything. I'll just be naive and trust you to stay in here."

Eliska sat down on the large white bed and looked up at her captor, "How long will I have to stay here?"

"I...don't know..." [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]"What's the scoop on your guy, then? Is it juicy?" Snake Eyes asked. Soma looked exasperated at the younger girl, but Snake Eyes kept smiling.

"Yes, I found out something nice. Do you want to know what I found out?" Soma asked teasingly.

"Yes. Tell me, tell me!" Snake Eyes waited for an answer but Soma remained silent. She took a guilty pleasure in making the girl wait. As much as the fire user loved all the Lucky Devils, Snake Eyes was to fun being teased. "Come on Judgement, what did you find out?"

"You... really... want to know?" Soma inquired again, drawing out her sentence.

"Yes, for cryin' out loud!"

"Fine, I'll tell you," Soma conceeded. "My bounty has two Fate's Children as guards. One has ice powers, one uses paralyzation."

"If he uses ice, aren't you going to get frozen and be useless 'cause you can't use your fire?" Snake Eyes asked bluntly.

Soma narrowed her eyes slightly. "I can take them on fine as long as-" She broke off and smirked at Snake Eyes. Soma valued wise decisions over all else. She could get annoyed at Snake Eyes sometimes, but the diviner did do well on missions. "Well, maybe that is just a little hard to handle. Want to be partners and work on our bounties together? I'll forgive you for skipping the meeting."[/SIZE]

Bust walked down the sidewalk on her way back to HQ when someone past her she looked and saw a marking hidden a Fate Child he had saw her markings as well but not enogh of them to work she didnt know his power so she kept her gaurd up as the man turned aroud she rolled up her sleeves looking at the ground "what do you want" she said to the man

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Eliska's eyes fell to the floor of the room. Her mind was blank, she couldn't think of anything to get her out of this mess. Nothing, zip, nadda. Everything that was happening had been a blur. Not caring anymore Eliska let her eys wander up.

"Why do you care about the Fate's Children who live in the slums? You look like you've made quite a comfertable living here as some rich basterd's pet. Your working for that Don guy aren't you, why else would you care about his men getting killed. Your sick. Helping the enemy. You've probely had no one ever care about you have you? Well I hope no ever does, I hope you live a long a lonely life full of regret for siding with those popious jerks who make life a living hell for the Fate's Children who don't want to help them with their own self pleasure."

With all that out a single tear streamed down from Eliska's emerald eyes. She covered her eyes with her hands and turned away not wanting this man to see her at a time of such weakness. Her tears were of hoplessness.

Why, oh why, could she not have been gifted with a different power. One that could get her out of this mess, one that could protect her and help her protect the people she cared about. No, she had to be given the power of direction. What good was that if she was stuck somewhere. She already knew the quickest way to the hideout from here, but how could she get there if she couldn't get out of this room.

Trapped. Her tears slowed, but still flowed. SHe had to find a way out of here.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]Eliska's words tore deep into Dimes's soul. It hurt him, because the words which she spoke were so very true. He had started his career as an independent mercenary, and it seemed that now he was starting to become a cooperative of the crime lords. What was happening to him? "Damn! Shut the hell up and stay here until I return!" He turned and slammed the door as he left Eliska alone.

Eliska sat still on the bed, tears streaming steadily down her soft face. Why did she even have to talk to this man in the first place? She had thought he looked like a cool guy, but it seems she couldn't have been any more wrong. After a while of just sitting there, Eliska lay down on the bed, staring up at the white ceiling. She started to drift off to sleep, when suddenly she heard a crash above her. She sat upright and listened intently for any more noise. Nothing. [I]What should I do?[/I] She would've tried escaping from the second floor, but there were no windows in sight, so she opened the bedroom door very slowly and peered out. No one was in the corridor; it was dark and silent.

The next moment the ceiling of the bedroom caved in and a large man fell down onto the floor along with much debri. The man was covered in a tangle of black, messy hair, and he had plenty of battle scars. He was large, muscular, and looked like he had been born to kill. Luckily for Eliska, he was unconcious. Next moment Dimes jumped down into the bedroom from the hole in the ceiling. "Ugh. Eliska, as you can see, things aren't going so well." Dimes rubbed his dusty hands off on his pants and turned to look at the girl. "So a lot of things have changed quite suddenly for me. Guess I should tell you first of all: I go by the name Dimes. But in public you can't call me that."

Eliska pinched her ear to assure that she wasn't dreaming. No, this was all real. "What the hell is going on?" She was extremely confused by the sudden occurences. Why was [I]Dimes[/I] acting so different all of a sudden?

"Okay look. I don't really have time to answer all of the questions I'm sure you're dying to ask right now, so I need you to trust me right now and take me to your headquarters. There's been a big change in plans. Turns out...the Don's been killed by this big guy. And I'm on a new road now. So will you take me?" [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Snake Eyes shreiked happily, "Yes!!" She grinned ear to ear and shook Soma's hand wildly. She stopped when she realized that Soma wasn't grinning back at her. "Sorries!"

"Now....my guy....he's probably connected to yours. He's an eclectic black market dealer. He has business in most items." She looked at the bounty note. "He's not worth half as much as yours, though, 'cause even though he sells most things, he isn't as prolific in sales in illegal items like weapons or drugs. I don't think he'll be hard to get."

Soma smiled. "You've actually thought a little about it this time. That's new!"

Snake Eyes clapped her hands. "I'm trying to be a little useful!" She paused for a moment, because another thought had flashed across her mind. "Oh! Is it just us, or are we going to get some others to help?"

Snake Eyes knew that all the questions bugged Soma. Soma was very well aware that Snake Eyes only had to use her powers to get the answers. But she was too lazy to ever use them when she wasn't working. Besides, brain-snooping was not always 100%.

Roll came back through the front door of the house and stretched as he enterd. There were a few others in the lobby, but he paid them little mind. He had the information he needed for his job and now he just wanted to hurry up and go to bed. He walked up the stairs and juggled his thoughts around, but they all came back to his mark. It filled him with intrigue and uncertainty to know that she was such a high profile mark with no bodyguards of anykind. This could prove to be quite entertaining, if it weren't so unnerving.

Roll came to his bedroom door and walked in with the slow creek of the door. It was ironic that he was Fate's child of life and yet his room was very drab and dull. He wasn't into interior decorating, since he spent little time in his room. He really only went there to sleep at night. He was too much of a socialite to sit around in his room all day.

He moved his way across the gray, plain, drab room. The room was actually white, but the dark light of the moon made the room appear a dull shade of cray. The bed was the only exception. It had a multiple of floral patterns in all ranges of color. It seemed kinda tacky in his otherwise boring room.

Roll walked past the bed and went to the window first. He looked out to the street, then the moon one last time. This helped him settle his thoughts and bring him to a calm. He turned and went back to the foot of his bed where he then began to undress. He stripped down to his boxers and left his clothes set there on the ground. He was feeling to lazy to bother picking them up now.

Roll curled himself up on his bed and pulled his covers up. There was a light chill that passed through the air and the light shone brighter. Without turning to look, Roll already knew what was happening. He spoke only a few words [B]"Hey there Tony."[/B]

The silence that followed came with an air of almost crushing tension, and then the words [B]"Good to see you, Holland."[/B]

[SIZE=1]"You and I will be in a group, and the Lucky Devils should all watch each other's backs. Other than that, I want no one else involved. This party isn't exactly secret, so there will probably be other mercs," Soma explained. She was thankful that Snake Eyes had not used her powers. The thought of someone seeing any of her thoughts without permission was a little unnerving. "Will that be okay with you?"

"Yes!" Snake Eyes agreed too loudly, causing Soma to wince. "Sorry again." In the back they heard someone come in and head up the stairs. "It's just Roll. What's your guy like?"

"Mark Lewis. Thin build, gray hair, brown eyes, and a piece missing from his left ear. Two Fate's Children as bodyguards. And that is all I need," Soma said. "Well, some vodka might be useful. Or whiskey. Or something strong like that."

"Awww, I'm not that bad. Don't be mean, it's not like I'm trying to annoy you," Snake Eyes whined. "You should think about what you say, Judgement. It isn't nice to--"

"Not because of you," Soma said with a roll of her eyes. "I don't drink, although you might drive me to it after a while. Cheap, strong alcohol makes a very good Molotov cocktail, which is a very good distraction. It's easy to make them work when you have fire powers. I need liquor, but there's probably some in the house. If there's anything you need, we can go get it."[/SIZE]

"Oh no! I don't need anything at all! Vennet Fjorde lives nearby! I know because I'm sure I've seen his face before. I think he'll be pretty easy" Snake Eyes had taken the bounty poster for him because she knew it wasn't much work.

"In fact, he's in the phonebook, right here!" She reached over the counter for the large book and flipped through it until her finger found a home. She was right, Vennet had never thought of removing his name from the 'books. His name, phone number, and address were all listed next to Snake Eyes' first digit.

She closed the phone book and replaced it. She then hopped up onto the kitchen counter and used her powers to scan the cabinets. She stopped in front of one and opened it to reveal a bottle of whiskey. "I'll help you find that alcohol you need!"

[SIZE=1]"Ah...Archer?" Gemini fumbled with the words as Archer dragged her out into the night. "Where are we going? I kinda had someone I wanted to see..."

"You're with me right now," Archer replied. "We'll take care of your business later."

Gemini didn't respond, only watched as the buildings and the lights passed by. She saw various people, but none were the one she was looking for. The night's still early, she told herself. The night's still early. The little birdies haven't gone to sleep yet...

Archer came to a stop infront of a building on the edge of town. Gemini released herself from the other girl's grip and took a step forward. "And this is...?"

"You'll see," Archer replied, a devious smile quirking her lips.[/SIZE]

Roll didn't need to move to know who it was. The only person who could slip in the house like this was none other then Tony. Roll finally spoke back up [B]"Why is it that I can never find you, but you always seem to find me?"[/B]

There was a light laugh from behind him followed by [B]"That's because, unlike you, I know how to keep a low profile."[/B]

Roll sat up "Yeah, whatever." He turned himself to look at the man sitting on his window sil. He was a taller man, at least 6'4 to 6'6. He was very pale, with emerald green eyes and streak blonde hair. He had on a bright red trench coat made of a fine cloth. Under it were a brown T-shirt, black jeans, and a brown pair of boots. He also had black gloves, with strange star-like inscriptions on them. Roll stared at him for a second [B]"Why is it you always come after me for nothing?"[/B]

Tony's pure white teeth shown back at the him in the moon light [B]"Isn't it enough that I just want to see an old friend every now and again?"[/B]

Roll just chuckled and offerd up no response. Tony let out a sigh [B]"Whatever. Anyway, good thing your phsycic friend is so polite. I don't think she's even aware tha I'm here."[/B]

Roll turned his smirk to the left [B]"We have an honor policy around here. No one turns there powers on there fellow devils is the only real rule of the house. Well, that and don't blow the house up."[/B]

Tony looked back out the window he came in [B]"Arent' you tired of this place yet? I thought if I let you be you'd eventually get up and go again."[/B]

Roll kept his gaze fixed on Tony [B]"Sorry, but I'm actually pretty comfortable here. Don't think I'm going anywhere."[/B]

There was another sigh from Tony [B]"Alright. I guess I'll see you around."[/B]

With that, Tony pushed out of the third story window and was gone in an instant. Roll went to the window to look out for him, but Tony had already made himself elusive once again. Fate's child of shadows knew how to utilize his power well.

[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Times New Roman][color=black][font=Verdana]OOC:Srry for the lack of posts, i've been working a lot and haven't had time to post.[/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Verdana]IC:Joshua had somehow made it to his room, and after puking in the toilet, he had passed out.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]When he woke and opened his eyes, it was with a groan. He rolled over and looked at his alarm clock. 3am. [i]I haven't been asleep long enough to be waking up, what the hell.[/i][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]He rolled back over, and right when he was about to close his eyes, he heard a slight creaking noise from his floor, and noticed that there was light coming from the hall way. He had closed his door before going to sleep. He tapped his powers then, and he heard nothing anymore, no sound of someone walking or breathing, no feel of moving air from someone moving quietly, no taste of sweat in the air, and no smell of another person. He kept this up for a few minutes and heard nothing but Soma and Snake Eyes talking in the kitchen.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]He rolled over, rose out of bed, which caused his head to throb, and looked around. He stopped when he saw something on the floor. Closer inspection revealed it to be a note, and when he read it, he grew cold.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]The note read:[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Your brother lives boy, but you wont be for much longer.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Verdana]Signed: [/font][/color][color=black][font=Times New Roman]Anonymous[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman]Joshua stood there, astounded. [i]He's alive? [/i]He thought. [i]This can't be, i watched him die.[/i][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman]He stood there for a minute, then went to the kitchen to look for some more beer. As he walked to the kitchen, he never quit using his senses, even though his head was splitting. The ability is innate, but he learned to dull his senses, because when you're at a party or have a hang-over, the enhanced senses will kill u as soon as help you.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman]When he reached the kitchen, he had completely forgotten about Soma and Snake Eyes, because he had been to busy watching close to himself, so he was caught off guard when he walked in.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman]"Why you look so surprised? You of all people should have heard us talking." Soma said when she looked at him.[/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman]"Sorry i wasn't paying attention, i have a hang-over, and it's about to get worse." When Joshua finished his reply he went for the refrigerator, intent on getting the drunkest he'd ever been in his life.[/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Snake Eyes stopped scanning the kitchen for booze. She had several bottles, some full and some half tapped. She poked Joshua in the side.

"Here! I already took it all from the fridge!" She handed him an unopened bottle. It was more expensive than the rest, so it seemed a waste to use it for a Malotov cocktail.

He frowned. "Just one bottle?"

"If there's any left, you can have it, you drunkie!" She harrumphed. "If it was up to me you'd drink coffee!!" She had never liked the sauce and couldn't see how anyone could poison their body with such foul-tasting stuff.[/SIZE]

"Well, i garentee you that i'll be drinking cofee in the morning to help me kill the hang-over. Everclaer, nice. Thanks, i think i'll drink it right here."Joshua replied to Snake Eyes comment.
When he had finished his sentence he sat down on a chair and started drinking. It took him all of 5 minutes to finish the bottle, and even though he made it look like nothing, his insides were on fire.
After a few minutes he said, "I fink i'll goto bed now," tried to stand and fell back in his chair and said, "Well then, you never know how drunk you are until you try to stand up."
He decided it best not to try to move again, so he decided to pass out on the table.

she wnet back to the hideout she sighed wearing thick clothing going to her room she undressed and laid on her bed she heard a knock on her door she looked curious no one came to her room becasue they all didnt like her becasue she was somewhat phycotic
"who is it" she said

OOC: I left it preety open becasue I Cant think of something sorry

[SIZE=1]Soma watched with half amusement and half distaste as Joshua downed the bottle and passed out on the table.

"He shouldn't drink like that," Snake Eyes huffed. "The mission's getting closer." She poked the drunk man in the head a couple of times.

"Seven can do what he wants. It is pretty bad judgment to do that, though," Soma agreed. She looked appreciatively at the bottles Snake Eyes had found for her. Whiskey seemed to be prevalent, with a couple of bottles of vodka thrown in. Very flammable. "You did really well finding the liquor."

"Well, sometimes the other Devils forget where they hide stuff and I find it. I'm guessing I blame you if anyone asks for alcohol, right? Is this enough for those Molotov cocktails?"

"Plenty," Soma smiled. "I'm taking the bottles up to my room. No one else should drink it before I can light it."

"Do they e'splode well?" Snake Eyes asked. Soma nodded. "So we get to bomb the bad guys! Yes!"

"Of course. I'm heading to bed again, so goodnight." Soma put her dishes in the sink and gathered the bottles. Before heading to her room, she gave Seven a soft pat on the cheek. He did not stir at all from his liquor induced state. With a mischievous gleam in her eye she started up the stairs calling back, "Snake Eyes, if Seven isn't awake by noon, feel free to wake him yourself." Soma left the now-gleeful Snake Eyes, wondering just how the girl would wake Joshua. Snake Eyes came up with some pretty interesting ways of doing things.

While going to her room, she heard Bust coming in. She tapped at the older girl's door. A few of the team were a little put off by Bust's killing streak, but Soma did not mind as long as the Lucky Devils were safe.

"I just thought I'd wish you a good night," Soma said as Bust opened the door. "We can train together or something if you're ever in the mood. I'm not a bad fighter." She did not know what Bust liked to do aside from killing guys, so training seemed like a safe bet. Bust seemed surprised but wished her a good night in return.

Soma entered her bedroom and stashed the liquor under her bed. She usually felt at peace in the blue-hued room, but restlessness still kept her from sleep. After lying awake for about an hour, she finally fell into an uneasy doze. Bounties and icicles ran through her dreams.

OoC: Include my character in anything you might need, but wrap up your posts. My next post's setting should be on the night they crash the party with their bounties, just so we can get things moving a little quicker.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]Rae opened the doors grasping Gem's hand again. As soon as the doors opened, all that could be heard was loud music that could bust your ear drums out. There were many people dancing around and people sitting around.

"It's just a party," Rae shouted at Gem so she could be heard over top of the music.

"A bit loud," Gem said covering up her ear with one hand. This music wasn't doing her any good for that headache.

"But that's the fun of it," Rae said with a small as she lead Gem throught the crowd.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Gem shook her head, trying to lift the fog that had settled in to join the pain, and tried to focus. Loud. That was pretty good. They could do what they wanted...if Gem could figure out what Archer intended to do.

"So...why are we here again?" Gemini asked, raising her voice above the raucous crowd. She felt the pulse of the music vibrate her bones, and followed Archer as she weaved her way through the throng of people. After a while it became easier to navigate. Gemini guessed that she had adjusted herself to the beat of this particular place.

"I want to talk to someone," Archer replied, continuing along her intricate path as any dog would follow a particular hot scent. She seemed to be searching for that someone, Gemini noticed. She hoped it wouldn't take too long.

"Listen, I need to go see someone as well." Gemini stepped closer to Archer, and stood up to speak into her ear. "So, can we hurry this up a bit please?"

"Who do you wanna see?"

Gemini felt her cheeks grow warm in embarrassment, but she didn't let Archer know that. "Just a trio of fortune-tellers. Names of Lark, Robin, and Oriole. Probably heard of them. Called 'The Songbirds' around town." She said it all quickly,and waited for Archer's reply.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]Eliska stepped farther back in shock from Dimes sudden testament. She opened her mouth ready to come back asking him if he thought she was stupid, but a plan formed in her mind. He didn?t know what group she was apart of therefore he wouldn?t know where the hideout was. Bluff, Buck, and Green, members of the Lucky Devils who she was close to, should be able to help her out. Tonight was their gambling night and they would be at the rundown gas station playing. Clenching her fist her set her plan into action.

?Fine, but you better not be lying.?

?I?m not.?

Eliska kept her worried look on as she lead Dimes out of his house and to the street. She felt his eyes on her. She knew he was doubting her, this was her chance to run off and leave him in the dust. Ignoring him she scanned the area and once she got a map in her mind she followed the route silently till they reached the slums.

She turned to make sure that Dimes was still with her and once she saw him she looked into his eyes smiling kindly.

?We?re almost there don?t worry.?

Stepping forward she neared the gas station and paused one block before it. Eliska pointed at the rundown building with two out-of-order gas pumps in front on it. A closed sign was barely visible through the grimy windows.

?That?s your hideout? It?s so small.? Dimes asked shocked. He had to admit he was expecting something better for such a notorious group of Fate?s Children.

?Ya, well it goes underground. I?ll be back so stay here, I want to make sure Soma doesn?t flip when I bring you down.?

She smiled and ran to the door opening and shutting it behind her. Three heads shot up and looked at her, recognizing Eliska they smirked and began to stand. She rushed toward the nearest man and hugged him tightly.

?Whoa, Black Jack what?s this for?? The man with blond hair asked as he stumbled back into the table that they were using to play cards.

?Oh, Buck I need your help.? Eliska used her most pitiful voice.

?Hey, Jack what?s wrong?? Another blond asked stepping forward as Eliska let go of Buck who put his arm on her shoulder.

?Green I ran into a Fate?s child, but I didn?t know he was when I met him and he toke me to a bar-?

?A bar! Did he know how old you are?? A burly brown haired man asked.

?What does it matter Bluff let her finish.? Buck snapped., laughing Green pulled Eliska over to him.

?Go on tell us what else happened.?

Well after that he toke me to his apartment and told me what he was and he worked for the government. I could tell from the his apartment, all three floors belonged to him, and then he wanted to know about Soma. He even thought I was her. So then he locked me in a room till I would talk and some guy crashed through the ceiling. That?s when he said he was turning over a new leaf and wanted to join the Lucky Devils. He?s outside right now, can you please help get ride of him for me??

She watched their faces change form concern to anger. Bluff slammed his fist on the card table and cracked his knuckles. Buck cursed at Bluff for knocking down their playing table. Green just laughed and patted Eliska on the back.

?Don?t you worry, we?ll take him down.?

?Right, no one messes with our Jack.?

?For once I agree with you Bluff.?

Eliska smiled and hugged each of them she hoped they would fair well. Bluff had his ability to turn his body into and any substance, Green could make force fields, and Buck could move fast. As they went to exit Eliska grabbed Buck.

?Wait his power I think he can teleport. That?s how he got me into the bar.?

?Right thanks.? Buck ruffled her hair and exited with Green and Bluff. She heard Buck shouting off at Dimes and Bluff following up with some other comments. Green of course kept to himself, most likely making sure Buck and Bluff kept their eyes on the goal and being the voice of reason.

?You need some help getting back to the hideout?? A smooth voice asked, Eliska turned to see a dirty blond smilng at her.

?Justice!? Eliska ran forward leaping up and hugging the 20 year old.

?Hey, Jack my love how?s it going??

?Wonderful and yes I really need some rest, as you heard I had a pretty rough day.?

?I did hear and if I wasn?t sure those guys could handle their selves I would be out their helping them now lets go.?

Justice grasped Eliska?s hand and lead her out the back door and through a maze of streets. Occasionally he would look to her for help and laughing she would lead them in the right direction. Once the reached their home Eliska let go of Justice?s hand and entered. She looked around for Soma and not seeing her she grabbed a piece of paper from the floor and a pen and wrote a note to Judgement scribbling what had happened and that the gov. had ideas about them and where trying to get information. Folding the paper she wandered over to Judgement?s room and slide the note under her door.

Standing strait she felt arm around her and smiled up at Justice, he leaned down and kissed her passionately, leading her to her room. He pushed her up against the door and Eliska opened the door pulling away from a disappointed Justice.

?I?m sorry its just that I?m tired.?

?Can I still come in??

She nodded and stepped to the side and shut her door. She climbed onto her bed and Justice laid next to her, putting an arm over her. With his warmth she soon fell asleep.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Dimes knew what was going on as soon as the large, brown-haired man came outside with another man by his side. Both of them stared at Dimes as though he was trash. The large man spoke, "Okay buddy. Get lost unless you want trouble." He balled his hands into monstrous fists and squinted his eyes. The man beside him followed suit, trying his best to look just as menacing.

Dimes grinned. Obviously, since these men were both standing still, they did not know what his power was. He would definitely be able to eliminate one of the men. It only took him five seconds to concentrate all of his energy. He wanted to keep them at their current distance for just a bit longer. "Why don't we talk this out? Like gentlemen." He didn't really intend to negotiate. As soon as the last word was out of his mouth he closed his eyes and focused on the carbon-dioxide surrounding him.

The burly man chuckled, "Haha. That's not an option, fella. You can either walk away nice and easy-like, or you can get your face pounded into this here ground. Now what's it gonna be?" He took one step forward to show that he wasn't afraid.

Dimes grinned, and he decided that the burly man would be the one to die. He had finally gathered plenty of focused carbon-dioxide. He opened his eyes, and quickly raised his hand with his index finger pointed directly at the face of the large, brown-haired man. "Goodnight," Dimes whispered with malice. The large man opened his eyes wide and grabbed at his chest. He opened his mouth wide for oxygen, but it was too late. The large quantity of carbon-dioxide had poisoned his body completely to the point of no return. The man fell over, lifeless. The one that was standing beside him merely yelled. He almost kneeled over beside his friend, thought better of it, and ran inside, still yelling like a maniac.

Dimes laughed like he had not laughed in many a day. His laughter rang out through the alleyways and brick buildings that engulfed him. He made his way with small steps toward the hideout. When he looked all around, no one could he find. "Hmmm, not surprising. I should've known this wasn't the true hideout." He exited the way he had entered.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Eliska sat up instantly, knocking Justice off the bed. He rubbed his head and looked up at Eliska. She was clenching her head and crying a bit. He went to grab her shoulder and she pushed him away.

"Bluff's dead and it's all my fault."

"No-"

"Just go, please." Eliska looked at Justice, her green eyes pale.

He nodded, picking up his jean jacket and left. Once he was gone, Eliska stood and walked over to her window, she could hear laughing and her tears increased. That Dimes was trouble and she had walked right into it.

Wiping away her tears she stood strait and looked down towards the street. This was another part of her power that she hated, when finding people she knew when they died.

It was stronger the closer the person was to her and Bluff had been like a brother to her. The entire trio had, though now they were a duo. Slamming her fist into the wall behind her she left a dent and sighed, at least Green and Buck were safe. Justice would be happy about that, his brother was still alive.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Snake Eyes bounded up the stairs. Lucky Seven had slept until noon, so she had proceeded to wake him up using the best available items: her voice and a megaphone. Combined these items produced a very loud noise and she woke up a few other Lucky Devils as well. Deciding that she was in a dangerous position, she left the room as quickly as possible and went to see Soma.

?Judgement! Whatcha doing?? Snakes Eyes wondered as she burst through Soma?s unlocked door. Snake Eyes found a sober-faced Soma staring at pictures scattered on her bed. ?What?s with the bleak face, somebody die or something??

?Bluff is dead. I found out a few minutes ago. Some guy named Dimes killed him but wants to join up. And the government has been sniffing around here lately, according to a note she wrote me. Today is not a good day,? Soma understated.

Snake Eyes was stunned, but her curiosity overpowered her surprise. ?What are you going to do? You usually get rid of anyone who asks about us. Are we still going after the bounties??

Soma said nothing for a whole minute. Finally she stated, ?Every one can do what they want. I can look into the government [I]after[/I] you and I get our bounties. Food and water and electricity are fairly important, you know. All of our bills are in my name, I am better known in the crime circles than a lot of the Devils, so I can take a fall if it?s needed. You still up for some hunting??

?I always am,? Snake Eyes replied. She was never very good at these situations, so she left Soma to think. Which was actually a smart move. Snake Eyes went to search for someone a little less depressed.

The night held an unusual chill as Soma and Snake Eyes headed to Lewis?s apartment. With people sniffing around the Devil?s business, Soma thought it too dangerous to crash the party directly. This led them to arrive at Mark Lewis?s apartment an hour before the party was supposed to start. Snake Eyes confirmed that Lewis was still there with his body guards. Luck seemed to be with them tonight, because Vennet Fjorde was there as well, probably getting in a little business before the planned festivities. They waited silently for the most part?Soma had to remind Snake Eyes every now and then to be quiet.

Soma reflected upon the recent events, which were bringing up some bad memories. Garet had died on a mission, and his son Jason, Soma?s best friend, had disappeared years ago. Soma did anything necessary to keep the Devils safe since then. She would lay her life down in a second for any one of them. The dead cannot mourn themselves, so the living are left mourning the dead.

Time passed quickly, and two cars pulled out the complex?s garage. Snake Eyes confirmed them as the bounties. Soma stood in the street in front of them. Both men were wanted alive. Soma pulled a half-full bottle of whiskey from one of the many pockets lining her coat. She tossed it skillfully between the cars and ignited it before it reached the ground. Snake Eyes shot out their back tires while the homemade bomb exploded, hopefully loud enough to cover the sound of the gun.

The guards exited the larger black car. Both wore sleeveless shirts displaying their marks on their shoulders. Two more bottles were thrown and ignite. A tall man with a red beard and ropy muscles waved a shield of ice around himself to block the fire and glass. The other?a thin girl with a blue mullet?was able to dodge before receiving any damage.

Soma took a swig of vodka and bombarded them with the volatile concoctions. Her limbs suddenly locked as the blue-haired woman?s shoulder started glowing. The man came closer to Soma. She had been left with barely enough movement to turn her head up. He formed a sword of ice around his hand. Lewis?s penchant for slow deaths apparently extended to his underlings. Soma gathered enough strength to curve her lips into a smirk as he came near.

?Threatening our boss wasn?t such a good idea, now was it?? he said as he stood five feet away from her.

A gunshot rang out in the background. Snake Eyes had just shot a bullet through the woman?s skull, just as they had planned. Snake Eyes would round up the bounties while Soma finished with the iceman. She spat out the vodka she had held in her mouth and breathed flame.

The muscled male shot back at her with shots of ice. Soma had some experience with ice powers; training with Jason gave her some good experience. She matched him blow for blow, fire and ice colliding into steam. As she finally backed him against a streetlight, she held her hands in front of her and blasted him with flame. Ice continually reformed around him, but he seemed to be wearing down. Soma drew closer and found her legs once again becoming immobile. Her eyes widened in surprise; Snake Eyes could not have missed. Numbness encompassed her legs and traveled up her body. The man had spread ice from himself to the street to Soma, and she had let it happen. She tried to melt the frozen crystalline water but to no avail. Her power was already weakened from the cold, and the man seemed to be getting stronger. Soma let out a string of curses and waited for him to deal a finishing blow, but it never came.[/SIZE]