OtakuBoards

Car Accident of Lies

The_Mix_Breed

Two girls got into a terriable car accident in Indiana. One was killed and the other was severelly injured. They both looked surprisingly alike. When a witness came over and found the girls, the survior was still alive. He asked her name and she said the name of the other girl.

Five weeks pasted before the 'parents' of the survior relased, the survior was not theur daughter. The surviors real parents were shcoked to learn their saughter was actually alive and they had buried another girl in her place!

I have yet to find out why the survior lied, but as soon as I do I'll update this. If anyone knows, they can post it aswell. I just wanna know what you would do if you were either of the parents. The surviors or the dead girls. How would you react?

[size=1]Perhaps she was suffering head-trauma when she gave her friend's name, as she was the last person she remembered.

In any event, I'd have a masked joy after learning that my daughter were still alive. Masked because it's not cool to 'brag' about your daughter being alive after the other couple thought their child was the survivor.[/size]

Yah; It's most likely a concussion caused by Head Trauma caused by smashing her head really hard into something e.g- Windshield.
When you have a concussion you don't know anything at all that happens and are likely to do or say things that you'd never do. Retribution explained it well enough.

Still, I don't want to know how I'd react if I heard that my kid died before hearing weeks later that she really survived and her friend died.
The other way around is pretty much overjoyed at first then uber broken-up later.

I never heard that Cerak (the girl who is still alive) gave the wrong name. She was in a coma for about two weeks. The dead young woman (VanRyn) looked similar to her, and I think it was just a mix-up in the IDs. The really odd thing is, the family stayed by Cerak for two weeks thinking it was their own relative. When asked her name after waking from the coma, Cerak gave her own name and not the VanRyn girl's. That was one of the ways they knew it was the wrong person. The two young women looked very similar, but I don't see how the parents and boyfriend took two weeks to realize they had the wrong girl. They say it was because her face was swollen and she had cuts and bruises. For the whole article, click [B][URL=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=2026681&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312]here[/URL] [/B].

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]Perhaps she merely heard the man wrong. When he asked, "What's you're name?", she probably heard, "What's her name?". Most people slur the "s" and sort of connect it to the "y" and combined with the ringing head that she certainly had, it could have easily been a mix-up.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[size=1]Looking at [url=http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/acdc2543-ab62-4cb9-9100-cd0ac2d10357_sp.jpeg]the photo next to the article[/url], the only resemblance they show is blonde hair (though Cerak's is lighter). VanRyn's face must've really swollen up quite a lot for the family to think it's the other.

I can understand that the family of the girl they [i]thought[/i] was alive were rather shocked when they found out that she wasn't. Sueing someone might be something many people would do¬¬'[/size]

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]Looking at [url=http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/acdc2543-ab62-4cb9-9100-cd0ac2d10357_sp.jpeg]the photo next to the article[/url], the only resemblance they show is blonde hair (though Cerak's is lighter). VanRyn's face must've really swollen up quite a lot for the family to think it's the other.

I can understand that the family of the girl they [i]thought[/i] was alive were rather shocked when they found out that she wasn't. Sueing someone might be something many people would do¬¬'[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] I saw the pictures side by side and it's an honest mistake by both parties.

The girls do look simular and the survivor was most likely suffering from head trauma when she answered the EMT's questions- or whoever asked them.[/color][/font]