OtakuBoards

Opinions on Asian KungFu Generation

Kita Erindur

[B]AKG!!!!![/B]

After falling in love with the second opening of Naruto - Haruka Kanata, then Rewrite from Full Metel Alchemist - last ending. Then finding out they were made by the same group, I had to find out more about them. Asian KungFu Generation has become one of my favourite bands. :D Even some of my friends, who aren't into anime find there songs addictivly brilliant; there just so good. I know that Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto are two very popular animes, and just wandered if any one else had found them as amazing as I have! :animesmil

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]They are one of the best jrock groups I've ever come across. I love their sound, the guitar riffs are always just so catchy! Kimi to iu hana is my favourite song by them, I think, but not that many people know of it, atleast where I am. The Japanese exchange students I'm friends with like them too.. I think AKFG has deserved all the success they've found semi-recently. Both Naruto and FMA did wonders in boosting them into the American market. I'm glad they're finding a good fanbase here too ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][quote name='CoLoR_Me_EviL][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Kimi to iu hana is my favourite song by them[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Bwee! Mine too~

I have two of their albums, Sol-Fa which has Rewrite on it and Kimi Tsunagi Five M, which has Kimi to Iu Hana, Understand, Flashback (another favourite) and many other amazing songs.

They, along with Orange Range (Asterisk, Viva Rock), are in my top five favourite bands because as you mentioned, Kita, their songs are totally addictive. I adore Gotoh, too, he's dreamy. But of course, that's not why I'm so into the band :rolleyes:

It's funny, though, I think Haruka Kanata is one of their less impressive songs, compared to others on their albums. After the first couple times of hearing it I found it boring, but I can listen to Kimi to Iu Hana on repeat for hours. (And I have, too.)[/SIZE]

Yay!!! :D

I think one of my favourite songs is N.G.S. Jihei Tansaku or World Apart are also really good.Kimitoiu Hana was the first un-anime related song I heard from them, and agian one of the main reasons I fell in love with them. I have most ofthere albums, except for the new one, and all the singles except Blue Train and the really old stuff they did with English in it.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=#654546][SIZE=1]********** WIN! AN AJIKAN THREAD!!!

I stumbled upon the group but only grew to love them after hearing [i]Kimi no Machi Made[/i]. Perhaps it's the really unconventional melody in the chorus or the adorable PV, but with [i]Kimi no[/i] I realized that there's always something quirky going on in every AKFG song. [i]Angou no Waltz[/i] had that funky mix of tempos and then there's that oh-so-memorable "Aa, seiten no hekireki" in [i]Kimi to Iu Hana[/i].

Favorite AKFG songs:
1) Kimi no Machi Made
2) Eien ni
3) Angou no Waltz
4) Kimi to Iu Hana
5) Loop&Loop (Industrial Salt's version of "Loop&Loop" was also very cool. *nods*)

On a related note, Yamada's soooo exploitable.[/SIZE][/COLOR]