OtakuBoards

Favourite Song Moments

Albert Flasher

[COLOR=Sienna]What is everyone's favourite song moment? You know what I'm talking about - those moments in songs where you just turn the volume way up and scream "OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!" (Or some similar excamation), while air guitaring/singing along.

Mine are:

Keyboard solo in Shock the Monkey - Peter Gabriel: The keyboards in this song are fantastic in general, but there is one particular keyboard solo just over half way through that is just awesome. Everytime I hear it I turn the volume way up and just start trying to emulate the sound.

Opening Riffs to Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple: Few riffs make aging hippies break out into spontaneous air guitar like the ones in Smoke on the Water. Not only are the riffs just generally awesome, they're also, incredibly simple and most people learn guitar with them.

Ending of The Big Money - Rush: Often times it is a songs ending that defines how you remember it; if that is the case, the ending of The Big Money is just FANTASTIC. It kind of fades out on a few keyboard strokes, and than, after a few seconds of silance, Lifeson's guitar riffs come roaring back solo for a few seconds, and than Peart's rolling drumroll comes in over the riffs, and it just makes my entire body go "OOHHHHHHHHH YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! - The Who: Everyone know's the YYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! that I'm talking about. The one from Won't Get Fooled Again. It's the most vocal-chord chruning YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! of all time - it makes me wonder how anyone could ever talk again afterwards. It's just so.... YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]There's only one song that had a single part that I fell completely in love with, I think, and that's "Slaying the Dreamer" by Nightwish. Near the end of the song, it breaks down into this amazing segment that compels you to crank up the volume and headbang until your neck breaks. I always explain it as "DUN. DUN. DUN DUNNA NUNNA NAAAH!" And it's extremely powerful. After that, the bassist, Marco, starts screaming an angry rant that just furthers the need to thrash around like a viking covered in poisonous, steaming mosquito bites.

Urgh, I'm trying to think of other parts of songs, but nothing really comes to mind. Whenever I hear something I like played live, I tear up as I sing along and dance to it or something. At a Battle of the Bands I went to, a band (an EXTREMELY talented one, at that...I'd post their myspace link, but they took their music off) played "Unholy Confessions," and Ambuh (notorious best friend person) and I just sang along and went crazy. I'm pretty sure we were the only ones in the whole auditorium headbanging and thrashing about. Oh, also! At a Talent Show, a different band played Bohemian Rhapsody, and Ambuh and I sang along. She even headbanged all the way through the "...so you think you can stone me and spit in my eye..." part! Crazy girl.

Okay, so they aren't exactly song MOMENTS, but I had to share my personal life story![/FONT]

Time to go all J-Pop on all y'all.

My favorite is in Fake Star by Tomokazu Seki, the part about 3 minutes in where all the instruments drop except the percussion and the chorus is sung and then the instruments kick in and the chorus repeats... it's bliss. It's moments like those you wish a song was on DDR (and you even go so far as to create the steps for it in your head).

I'll have more, but the first that comes to mind is the guitar solo in [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Bat Country [/COLOR] by [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Avenged Sevenfold[/COLOR]. Put simply, it frikkin rocks, and is fun as hell to air-guitar. Also, the solo from [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Live And Learn [/COLOR] from [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]SA2B[/COLOR] is great too.