OtakuBoards

Message Receipt

visualkei

I know this is small, so please don't be annoyed with me. :animeswea

When you send a message to someone and it asks for a receipt you can either select [I]Cancel[/I] or [I]OK[/I]. Instead of Cancel, can the choice say [I]No[/I], instead? When I was first using otakuboards pms, I thought that pressing cancel would cancel the message.

[color=#b0000b][size=1]I completely agree with you, and I've brought this up before. (Honestly, I just get annoyed when the vast majority of my PMs request a receipt, simply because that's the default setting.)[/size][/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Agreed. I'm going to see if Justin can remove this feature as soon as possible. That is, unless Desbreko can do this...but I'm not quite sure how difficult it is to take this feature out of vB itself.[/font]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium']Agreed. I'm going to see if Justin can remove this feature as soon as possible. That is, unless Desbreko can do this...but I'm not quite sure how difficult it is to take this feature out of vB itself.[/font][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]If it's possible, it would be better to remove it for everyone who isn't a mod. I don't know anything about what it would take for something like that, but I've read lots of moderator's posts about a time when the read receipt function helped them decide on whether to ban or not ban an out of control member. I'm waiting on a read receipt acknowledgement myself.[/FONT]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Well, I don't know about removing the function completely.

I actually like having the receipt there as it lets me know if the person has recieved my message or not. It's just all around useful, in my opinion.

Now, changing "Cancel" to "No" isn't a bad idea at all. That would probably make things much easier for people to understand. I remember when [I]I[/I] first started PMing with v7 and had no clue what it meant. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Wow, thanks for your comments, guys. I'm glad you're out there listening.

Perhaps instead of having the pop-up. There can just be a checkbox or something you can check on before sending the message. [B]Edit[/B]: Like James suggested. I don't create the page, so I don't know how difficult it is to change things... so I just hope you guys just do what's best and most efficient.

:cool:

[color=#4B0082]I may be able to manage this. I'm looking at the code for the pop-up right now, and while I'm not incredibly familiar with JavaScript (I can work with it, but I haven't written much myself), I think it should be possible to switch it over to a checkbox under the Additional Options.

[b]Edit:[/b]
After digging through the board's code for a while and then looking around for information on customizing this sort of thing, I've come to find out it's already been changed for Virtual Bulletin 3.5. Instead of a JavaScript pop-up, they switched the option over to a checkbox under the Additional Options, just like I was looking into doing. So I would suggest that we just wait until we upgrade to the latest version of vB rather than jumping through hoops to change it now.[/color]