OtakuBoards

The Sphinx: Apocalypse Rising Underground [M-VLS]

Jokopoko

[color=crimson][center][b][u]The Sphinx
Apocalypse Rising Underground[/b][/u][/color]

[size=1][color=teal]~*~[/center]

Now then, as everyone knows the Sphinx is the ship that Rama-Tut (AKA Kang the Conquer) used to travel back in time to become Pharaoh of Egypt and find Apocalypse in order to control him, though it went wrong and Apocalypse used the technology of the Sphinx to transform into his most recognisable form. Not that I needed to type that but it?s just the back-story to the thread name for those going [i]?Eh??[/i].

Firstly here?s the list of those involved in the RP.

[b][u]The X-Men[/u][/b]
Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler ? The Boss
Remy LeBeau/Gambit ? Abel
Piotr Rasputin/Colossus ? Sin
Henry McCoy/Beast ? Yoda
Katherine Pryde/Shadowcat ? Random
Oriel ? Dare
Drake Stevenson/Necromancer ? Ezekiel
Logan/Wolverine ? Andrew
[b]Charles Xavier/Professor X ? Gavin[/b]

[b][u]The Brotherhood of Mutants[/u][/b]
Jake/Tesla ? Monkatraz
St. John Allerdyce/Pyro ? Blayze
Thalia Darkholme/Nocturne ? Grace
Woodstock/Lacuna ? StarrStruck
Raven Darkholme/Mystique ? Revelation
Manuel Alfonso Rodrigo de la Rocha/Empath ? JJ [i](Yeah...you need a nickname)[/i]
[i]Corey ? I know he?s signing up so this is his place holder[/i]
[b]Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto ? Jokopoko[/b]

[center]~*~[/center]

Now the basic set of this world is thus: It?s more along the lines of the Ultimate Universe in that its slightly darker and has a more serious tone than regular Marvel but the only ?superhero? thing about this Universe is the Mutants so there?s no Avengers, no Fantastic 4 and so on. In this Universe it is the first time Apocalypse has awakened so no really knows what he?s going to try and do, the main basis for this is the story from ?X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse? but with some obvious changes given it?s the firs coming of Apocalypse here.

Things from Marvel such as S.H.E.I.L.D., HYDRA, Department H and all that exist here but I don?t have a large role cut out for them though I may involve Fury, Trask and some Sentinels for a bit of fun. I?ll most likely be using a chapter system seeing as we have a fair few players in this and I?ll be posting the start tomorrow hopefully.

So now I leave it to you to post anything that comes to mind about the RP in this here thread, enjoy.[/size][/color]

FINALLY!

*sigh* Sorry, Joko, I just HAD to get that outta my system.

Anyways, no question as of right now...other than this.

Where are we all going to be located at the beginning? All together in the two groups, or scattered around?

[QUOTE=Ecstasy]FINALLY!

*sigh* Sorry, Joko, I just HAD to get that outta my system.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Heh understandable, I think a lot of us are eager to get into this and have some fun. Still the man needs his wits kept about him to produce the level of quality we're all demanding, isn't that right Bill ? ;)

I think we'll probably start in two separate groups as the X-Men will be at the Mansion, and the Brotherhood will be wherever Eric has deigned to gather them.[/SIZE]

[Font=Arial]Yeah, I'm excited to have made this one too. I've even been graced with a little message next to my acception. I feel so special. [/sarcasm] :)

No, but seriously, I'll figure out something catchy as a nickname and post it in my first post. I promise, I won't disappoint.[/font]

[QUOTE=Ecstasy]FINALLY!

*sigh* Sorry, Joko, I just HAD to get that outta my system.

Anyways, no question as of right now...other than this.

Where are we all going to be located at the beginning? All together in the two groups, or scattered around?[/QUOTE]
[color=teal][size=1]No worries there Ectasy, I'm as happy as you are ^_~. In response to your question I believe all the X-Men'll be at the Mansion but the Brotherhood may be slightly more spread out.

Now in terms of how we're going to be posting I'm thinking doing a similar style to the chapter system but instead it'll be issues [i](Much like The Legionnaires or Justice City)[/i]. So obviously not everyone will be involved at once, can I get some opinions on that?[/size][/color]

[Font=Arial]I actually find that to be an excellent idea. It would make things flow smoother I think.

The cast isn't that big, but I feel we're big enough, that if we let things just run, everything will go to hell within two weeks. I don't mean that to be mean, but especially since we're divided up into two groups and both post at the same time in the same thread, imagine the chaos.

So, I am all for it. Also, if someone's going away for the summer, they can say something and Joko can just switch things around. I think in the long run, it'll really help the RP function easier.[/font]

[size=1]Wow... I didn't even notice this thread was up. ^_^;;

I agree with JJ with the chapter system. Seems like it would be good for the RPG's sake.

I've been eager to start with my character. It's going to be different playing a character like her.[/size]

[color=teal][size=1]Okay update on the post order people, Gavin has been feeling a bit ill so people can post before him but still in the posting order. But Gav can still post whenever he's able too and the posting order will stay the same regardless on when he posts.

And in response to Kura's PM we all post in the same thread.[/size][/color]

[size=1]So the posting order is the list of our names in your first post in this thread or the Square thread?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I've never done a posting-order thing before, so I'm a little unsure on what to do. Sorry to annoy you.[/size]

[QUOTE=Kura][size=1]So the posting order is the list of our names in your first post in this thread or the Square thread?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I've never done a posting-order thing before, so I'm a little unsure on what to do. Sorry to annoy you.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1]The posting order is the list of players in the Square Thread, seeing as it goes "Brotherhood, X-Men, Brotherhood, X-Men" and so on till the last two players because we ran out of Brotherhood members ^^;;.

Hope that anwsers your question Kura.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]I posted the X-Men intro post, as well as the general brief for the X-Men characters, it seems the beginning will be made up of two Brotherhood posts followed by two X-Men posts and then one of each as expected.

Bill what do we do about characters who weren't picked, like say Scott and Jean ? [/SIZE]

[color=dimgray][size=1]

I hope [b]Ecstasy[/b] and [b]Kura[/b] don't mind, but I used your guy's characters in my post. I wanted to get some character interaction going, so I left space for you guys to fill with your character's reactions and input on the situation. Hope I got things right.

[/color][/size]

[color=teal][size=1]You have to stick to the posting order until the end of each issue, that is too say the posting order of Issue 2 will most likely not be the same as this current posting order.

So you still have to wait your turn Kura.[/size][/color]

The Boss, that-is-AWESOME! Love the way you played Kitty. Totally sets up the stage for more interesting-ness, methinks. Anyways, can't wait to see what happens now...and I hope this RP lasts longer than most seem to have been...

~Ex

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Speaking of stupid questions, here's one for ya Joko:

In the event that someone doesn't post, how long until the next person does? I'm just wondering, considering that if we have it so that [i]noone[/i] posts until the person before them posts, this RP will die relatively fast...

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=teal][size=1]To be honest I'm not sure because people all have there own reasons for not being able to post, just like Gavin did at the start of the RP, and come to think of it it's Sin's turn to post so if anyone talks to Sin make sure to give him/her a nudge.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Jokopoko][color=teal][size=1]To be honest I'm not sure because people all have there own reasons for not being able to post, just like Gavin did at the start of the RP, and come to think of it it's Sin's turn to post so if anyone talks to Sin make sure to give him/her a nudge.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'd say we should probably give a person a day or two at the most to post before skipping on to the next person. With the amount of people involved in this we need to be able to keep things flowing, or else it could get to the stage where the last person on the chapter cast list, in this case Andrew, doesn't get to post for a month because of delays.[/SIZE]