Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Now, Im sure most of us have at least seen Trigun to some extent, and ive heard about a couple of other cowboy/western/shootum up on a horse type of magna/anime. But from what i understand, they arent all that realistic/good. i wanna know 2 things from my favorite people in the world (the OB gang).

1) what good, more realitic/slightly historically accurate western/cowboy anime/manga are out there.

2) Do you think the idea of a slightly histoically accurate western/cowboy anime/manga is a good idea?
Posted
There's a manga called No Man's Land that, design wise, is more accurate. But it's got demons and stuff XD so it's not realistic in that sense *laughs* but it's all kinds of cool~ But there are some things that are realistic/historically based about it... [spoiler] I mean, they even worked in Lincoln's assassination~ How cool is that? Not to mention accurate uniforms for the time period and other random things like that~ and one of the characters is sort of based on an actual outlaw. Fun stuff[/spoiler]


Simular to Trigun in the futuristic sense, there's Riot (also RIOT against the World) by Satoshi Shiki. Only two volumes were released here (I've found up to three in Japanese. I can't figure out if it was ever finished though ~_~)

Priest is western too... but I've only read one volume so I can't really describe it ^^; but it looks fun XD and I totally heart the art style~ [spoiler] plus robbing trains amuses me XD;; and that's how it starts out *laughs* [/spoiler] Again with the demons though ^^; No Man's Land is still slightly more realistic.

I'm a sucker for anything slightly western XD regardless of how accurate it is *laughs* though I think, so far, No Man's Land has been my fave ^___^
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I know Gun x Sword is a westren. However it may not be your cup of tea since the fighting takes place in mechs. The setting is very westren and very simaliar to Triguns setting. You could give it a shot.[/COLOR]
Posted
I've yet to come across a western themed anime that I really liked. I love the genre in old movies (spaghetti westerns and more gently paced - not so much John Wayne type - films). I probably won't see an anime like that though - it probably wouldn't be very popular.

So 1) No, I haven't. I [I]wish[/I]. And 2) I, personally, would love it so long as the story was also good.

Then again, maybe I'm not looking hard enough for good westerns. ^^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...