OtakuBoards

Godless (the book)

Panache

I read the first page of this book in a cafe in an airport. I really like the author and some of the things she said so far(on the first page at least) were quite profound.
So has anyone read all or most of this book yet? Also do you recommend I buy it to see the rest? Also I don't know if this is the right forum for this but there is no book forum and I wasn't about to post it in the manga section so if this wrong I am very sorry.

[COLOR=Sienna]If anything in an Ann Coulter book intrests you even a little bit, than you're probably reading the foreword written by someone who ISN'T a crazy racist she-wolf conservative moron. If that is NOT the case, than you're probably all of the above. Hopefully it's the former rather than the latter, because Ann Coulter-ites are amongst the worst human beings on earth.

DO NOT READ! [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

After reading Ken's reply I did a bit of searching on Wikipedia, as I've often heard the name Ann Coulter thrown about along with such lovely terms as "racist" "fascist" and "evangelist". Although the last one could be taken to mean she is rather extreme in her views of Christianity than a normal religious person, I recall he remarks made in the wake of 9/11 as being rather disturbing, perhaps a more accurate title would be "crusader".

[B][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godless:_The_Church_of_Liberalism[/url][/B]

[B][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter[/url][/B]

Regardless, there's the hyperlink to the actual book article on Wikipedia as well as a hint at it's contents, and the article on Coulter herself. I must say however, as someone who is conservative in nature and political alignment, this witch gives me a considerable chill. I mean the idea that she actually promotes taking away the vote from women on the grounds it would help the Republican party in America is ludicrous, she does realise she is a woman doesn't she ? I'm certain that in certain states in the U.S. there would be support for that ideal, but really it is flabbergasting to think she is sincere in a lot of the crap she peddles.

On that same note, while I vehemently disagree with what she has to say in terms of her political beliefs, as well as her so-called religious beliefs, anyone who agrees with her has the right to do so without be referred to as a "crazy racist she-wolf conservative moron" as I'm sure there are those on the extreme liberal side who's beliefs are similarly bewildering. Extremism on both sides is sadly the natural process of a democratic process and this isn't going to change.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Thank's for answering my questions clearly and staying on topic. Seriously if you wanna go and call names like a child you should go somewhere else. Now can someone please stay on topic and answer my question?[/quote]

[color=crimson]*snickers*

I haven't read the book and have no plans to. If you like the first page, it might be worth the investment in buying it to read the rest. Just glancing at Amazon it has a list price of 16.77 it seems. Not too bad.

Profound or not, she's a mouthy little thing. Enjoy her drivel, Avenged.[/color]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1] I mean the idea that she actually promotes taking away the vote from women on the grounds it would help the Republican party in America is ludicrous, she does realise she is a woman doesn't she ? I'm certain that in certain states in the U.S. there would be support for that ideal, but really it is flabbergasting to think she is sincere in a lot of the crap she peddles.

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
You are aware she is being sarcastic 80% of the time right? I mean whenever she say's something that sounds insane she is trying to make a point. Also she is in general honest and most of the things she say are actually true(not the oppinionated thing's of course) like when Bill.Clinton quoted his favorite NEW testament verse fro mteh bible and then he quoted an OLD testament one that actually happened it is not just some bull **** joke. Oh and im gonna buy the book this thursday if im lucky and i'll tell everyone how I like it. :D

[quote name='Avenged666fold']You are aware she is being sarcastic 80% of the time right? I mean whenever she say's something that sounds insane she is trying to make a point. Also she is in general honest and most of the things she say are actually true(not the oppinionated thing's of course) like when Bill.Clinton quoted his favorite NEW testament verse fro mteh bible and then he quoted an OLD testament one that actually happened it is not just some bull **** joke. Oh and im gonna buy the book this thursday if im lucky and i'll tell everyone how I like it. :D[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I'm sorry to say Avenged that from what I've read she does not be sarcastic in her views very often, in fact I would say that she is sincere in what she says most of the time, regardless of how absurd it seems to be. Still if you want to buy the book and gain some enjoyment out of it, feel free. [/SIZE]