OtakuBoards

Spriting Group

cancer

[COLOR=DarkOrange]All right, I am beginning a spriting group, and I need members obviously. What we will be doing is creating sprite comics, banners, avatars, and anything else that involves sprites. We will make many things from request or just for fun, but I also plan on having a comic series in which we use the talents of the group's members. We would have people to work on script, people to work on providing backgrounds, graphic effects, and of course people to compile the comics. The group will also discuss information on spriting such as advice or ideas. We still need to come up with a name for this group as well, so that's open for discussion.

If you would like to join just post saying so and give mention of your talents or areas of interest as well. [/COLOR]

P.S. If this thread does not belong in here, please move it. I wasn't sure where it belonged really. Thank you.

[size=1]I don't really like the idea of a spriting club that much. First of all, because I don't think there are many spriters, and secondly because it creates a community thing in a community (Art community) that isn't [i]that[/i] big anyway (like the Graphics Club did). I think just creating a thread for spriting would be a lot better, in which people could ask questions and post experiments and whatsoever. Personal opinion, though.

Oh and many people might not know this, but before the sprite board came (yes, it's gone again), we had a very succesful sprite thread. It became a bit crouded, but it did invite a lot of people into spriting, such as myself. I think it was something called like "Sprites Report In", but I'm not too sure of that...

But yeah, I think making a sprite thread would be better. In the same thread we could put information and stuff. An old member Alexander had a bunch of tutorials, perhaps we can dig those up somehow.

Oh, and everyone starts with just recolouring sprites, which should be paid a little attention on aswell, I think.

Hmm, my two cents :P I think it's fun to see the sprite community grow again, so this is more meant as a way to help it grow, instead of criticism.[/size]

Yes, thanks Boo. I really like that idea. I think that creating a sprite thread would definitely be more suitable actually. I mean, that's all we really need; we don't need a group. Okay, I'm going to Kazuko about how to start the thread off, and then you will see one posted in the near future. I don't really want to start it in this thread, seeing as how this thread is being used for the old idea of a spriting group and such and so on. Thanks for the nice idea boo.

[size=1]Boo was right on the money, and it sounds like you're following his advice which is a good idea. I'm going to close this thread, because 1) it is now void as there will be no spriting "group" and 2) further suggestions can be given via PM/Messenger programs or within your new thread.

[b]Thread closed.[/b][/size]