OtakuBoards

The Hip Hop Genre

Zen

[color=navy][size=1]

On the Otakuboards, I feel nearly alone when I want to talk music with someone. This is largely due to the fact that I have noticed nearly zero Hip Hop or Rap music fans, that being my favorite genre. I was wondering if there is anyone else on the OBs who listens to Hip Hop in general. This includes Crunk, Hyphie, DJ, Techno, Rap, Freestyle, Screwed & Chopped, Underground, Battling, and Krump. All of it.

It pains me when rap music is taken as all gangsta's and killin' and pimpin' hoes and all that. Total misconception. People tend to take these things far to seriously in listening to the music, and label it crap before listening to it fully, or they base their entire perception of the genre off of a select few artists. (That'd be like me listening to Creed and then saying that all rock music is crap.)

I'm actually a fan of everystyle of Hip Hop, though I am more in tone with the Crunk and S&C genre's because of my closeness to the source, being from the South and all. I break dance, which kind of draws attention to me, being the only caucasian person able to dance in my town.... *sigh* I'm alone here also. Oh well.

I have several favorite artists, most of them being from the mid-late nineties. Notorius B.I.G., Jay-Z, and possibly the greatest group of Hip Hop artists ever, Wu-Tang Clan (whom I can name all nine members of). As of current artists, other than the underground DJs and Rappers such Frog One, J-Live, Mos Def, DangerDoom and the Invisbl Skratch Piklz, I enjoy several of the current acts coming out of Houston, Texas, such as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug, and most of all, Bun B.

I don't know if I'm a moron, or proof that not all Hip Hop fans are morons. But regardless, I am interested and seeing if there are any other Hip Hop fans on the OBs.

Peace,

[b]The Boss[/b][/color][/size]

I listen to it every now and then. I won't say that I don't like rap. It's more like it's getting old to me. Granted some of it sounds okay and all, I just wish they would rap about something new.

Crunk - I think this is the heavy metal or rock n roll of hip hop. It's all good though. Need to act a little wild in life lol. But for real though. The way people bob their heads up and down in metal / rock is kind of the same how people dance wild in crunk. Do I listen to it though..... not on a regular basis.

Hyphie - You threw a new type at me. Never heard it before.

DJ - Don't really care much for it.

Freestyle - It depends. Eminem, LL Cool J and Fabolous for now are the only freestylers I'll listen to for the moment. Other than that..... nope.

Underground - I've heard my share.... it's similar to mainstream to me though. It's growing tiresome.

Battling - Depends on whose battling.

Isn't krump the same as crunk?

Like I said, I've grown very tired of most hip hop.... Actually, I'll take that back. I'm tired of most genres (outside of rock, metal, country because I don't listen to those) because they're grown tiresome. But when I am listening to rap / hip hop you'll usually catch me listening to Eminem, 2-pac, Bone thugz n Harmony (I like fast rappers), Twista. Outkast, Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, DMX, Run DMC. You can see, I listen to mainly early-mid-late 90's.

If they're considered as rappers (Daddy Yankee) then I listen to alot of latin / spanish rap. Granted I don't understand what's being said and I plan to keep it that way simply because I don't want to hear anymore songs about money, cars, girls.

Speaking of latin rap / songs... If possible, can someone recommend some latin singers / rappers?

[QUOTE=Hayabusa]

Hyphie - You threw a new type at me. Never heard it before.
[/quote]

[color=navy][size=1]
Hyphie is a form of high energy rap/beat making emerging out of L.A. Similar to Crunk music, but less about bass and more about fast paced beats. [b]E-40[/b] and [b]Keaf da Freak[/b] are the two most popular representatives of this form as of now.[/color][/size]

[quote]
DJ - Don't really care much for it.
[/quote]
[color=navy][size=1]
You need to check out [b]Invisble Skratch Piklz[/b], [b]The Beat Junkies[/b], and [b]Jurassic 5[/b] if you want to hear some GREAT DJ music. Check out the movie [b]"Scratch"[/b] for more info.[/color][/size]

[quote]
Isn't krump the same as crunk?
[/quote]
[color=navy][size=1]

Krump is similar to Hyphie and Crunk music, as it is about fast paced energy. It's more based around the dance form of Krump which could be described as 'violent breakdancing'. Check out the movie [b]"Raze"[/b] for more info.[/color][/size]

[quote]
If they're considered as rappers (Daddy Yankee) then I listen to alot of latin / spanish rap. Granted I don't understand what's being and I plan to keep it that way simply because I don't want to hear anymore songs about money, cars, girls.
[/quote]
[color=navy][size=1]
These guys are considered rappers in a sub-genre called Regaeton. It's mostly based out of Puerto Rico and Jamaica. Basically fast paced rapping in Spanish or in Jamaican slang. [b]Daddy Yankee[/b] and [b]Elephant Man[/b] are two artists in this genre.

I am, however, glad that there is one more. Heh. I agree with you. For me, I am getting tired of the popular hip hop genre. That's why I look more to mixtapes and underground tracks for my fix. You'd be suprised how talented the main stream rappers are when they don't have to worry about selling records. Heh.[/color][/size]

[size=1]*raises hand*

I know what you mean about people sounding better on their mixtapes lol. Mo Money In The Bank 4 = very nice.

I'm not really into Crunk, Krumping and Hyphy at all though. I think generally I tend to go for lyricism and lyrics although that's me being being extremely overly general with my tastes. My alltime top 3 rappers are Pac, Eminem and DMX.

Most of the acts coming out of the south I aint really into, but I do still like a lot of them.. Chamillionaire, Lil Wayne, TI, Luda, OutKast etc. Artists like Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Mike Jones arent really my kind of thing =/

I like oldschooly/undergroundy samply productions. Jin's Properganda album is a nice example lol. I do listen to some less mainstream artists but not to the point where I'm all elitist about it lol.

Right now I'm bored of waiting for people like Budden, Kweli, Mr Mef etc to drop so I've gone back to UK Hiphop. Sway = cool [URL=http://www.myspace.com/swaydasafo](his myspace)[/URL]. Checkout Akala's "It's Not A Rumour" [URL=http://www.myspace.com/akalamusic](his myspace)[/URL] if you can be bothered. It's very rock-ish and the guy has something to say lol.
But I may be slightly biased that a London emcee shouted out my neighbourhood within the first minute of his album opener lol
:o

[img]http://myspace-084.vo.llnwd.net/00351/48/09/351179084_m.jpg[/img]
[/size]

Yeah, I would say the you are alone wen it comes to liking these types of hip hop. Maybe it's because I have like 10 Cds of all the stypes of hip hop that you just listed.

I really tend to listen to they type of rap that you hear from Common, Kweli, Immortal Technique, etc. I really like the rap that talks about society cuz it's what gets me going every day.

Outside of that, I like to listen to TI, Tupac, Wu Tang Clan (I can name their members too, and their outside connections), OutKast, Lil Jon, and The streets ( UK hip hop). So Yeah, I like to keep a mix of the rappers that I like to listen too.

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=navy][size=1]
Hyphie is a form of high energy rap/beat making emerging out of L.A. Similar to Crunk music, but less about bass and more about fast paced beats. [b]E-40[/b] and [b]Keaf da Freak[/b] are the two most popular representatives of this form as of now.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, but I simply [b]must[/b] correct this.

Hyphie started in the San Francisco Bay Area. E-40 is from Vallejo, which is in that area. In his song "Tell Me When To Go," he mentions Oakland and says (and I quote) "I'm from the bay, where we hyphie and go dumb / from the soil where them rappers be getting their lingo from."

The entire hyphie movement belongs to the Bay Area (aka The Yay). This includes The City (San Francisco), The Town (Oakland), and San Jose.

I live in the Yay. I just couldn't let that one go.

[color=navy][size=1]

Very sorry, Manic. You are absolutely correct. A big mistake on my part. I was thinking unclearly at the time. Heh. Forgive my lack of knowledge. I should know this too, since I watched the [b]"My Block: Oakland"[/b] on MTV2 about three times. I think I got confused while describing Krump in the same post. Heh.[/color][/size]

[font=trebuchet ms]I actually have several friends who DJ as a hobby. It's more of an electronica thing, but me being exposed to it that much kind of opened me up a bit towards similar music. Thus, Hip-hop. Mainly underground stuff, I enjoy Sage Francis a lot. I've also enjoyed what I've heard of Jurrasic 5 but haven't really checked them out on my own (just in KC's car, haha). I've also liked what I've heard of Jay-Z's stuff, especially "99 Problems," mostly because it uses real instruments, which help a rock-oriented fan like myself.

Hrm. So, any suggestions regarding where I should go next in terms of artists?[/font]

[color=navy][size=1]

If you want to hear instruments, then you should really check out [b]The Roots[/b] and [b]Fort Minor[/b]. Also, if you liked "99 Problems" and [b]Jay-Z[/b] and want more instruments, then you should check out [b]"Jay-Z: Unplugged"[/b] where he does several of his songs and big hits with a band. Also his songs "Lucifer", "Takeover", and "Change Clothes" use instruments. I also suggest the record, "Hard Knock Life" if you looking for an alternative form of hip hop. Great song, and he was a genius to make it.

[b]Jay-Z[/b] is personally my favorite rap artist. He uses alot of different musical styles in his records, which I admire. He can go from old soul samplings for his records to an original piano piece (alá "Change Clothes") and then go to a semi-Hard Rock collection in his song "Takeover", which is my second favorite record by him. An all out attack on his rivals in rap.

Rap battles and battle records are actually my favorite part of Hip Hop. Which would probably explain why one of my favorite songs as of right now is [b]The Game's[/b] 15-minute long battle record against [b]G-Unit[/b] called "300 Bars and Runnin'" as well with the second 8-minute track, "120 Bars". In both songs he rips on 50 Cent and crew, going over both classic hip hop tracks and using several of [b]G-Unit's[/b] own beats to rip on them. It's a great record. I suggest you download it or get the mixtape "Stop Snitchin', Stop Lyin' ".[/color][/size]

I replied the last time you made this (or a similar) thread, I think it's my latest post actually, lol. But yeah, since that thread my tastes for hip-hop have changed quite a bit.

First order of business: Jay-Z, possibly the most overrated MC of all time. Not trying to insult you or something, but Nas (greatest of all time) absolutely [i]mauled[/i] him. Listen to "Takeover" (Jay-Z) and "Ether" (Nas) side by side, and tell me who won that battle. If your answer is Jay-Z then you need your ears checked, even Jay-Z admitted he lost. Nas killing him isn't why I dont like him though, Nas could pretty much destroy anyone at anytime. Other than a couple of songs here and there, scattered throughout his many albums, Reasonable Doubt is the only thing he has going for him. And even that album has a couple weak links. Not to mention a good majority of his verses were directly stolen from B.I.G., Rakim, and the like. But yeah, overall, Jay-Z, like Eminem, is way too overhyped and as far as I'm concerned, just mediocre.

One thing I'm curious about though, does anyone here listen to Canibus? He's [i]amazing[/i]. A real contender for best of all time. I invite everyone with even the tiniest interest in Hip-Hop to listen to "Second Round K.O." (aka LL Cool J being destroyed), "Poet Lauret II", "100 Bars", or "2,000 BC". All spectacular, all showcase his skills well. Actually, I retract that, 2nd Round K.O. is a tad weaker than the rest of his stuff, still enough to make LL Cool J his ***** though.

Other than that I've been diggin' on the following artists a lot lately: Wu-Tang Clan (plus Method, GZA, and Ghostface's solo work), early Outkast, A Tribe Called Quest, Slick Rick, Rakim, Big L, Gangstarr, KRS-One, Mos Def, etc. etc.

[size=1][color=navy]

Well, that is your opinion I suppose. I think the reason you say [b]"Takeover"[/b] is lesser to [b]"Ether"[/b] maybe the fact that Jay-Z was attacking mutliple opponents in [b]"Takeover"[/b]. Nas was one of several people attacked in that song, where is, [b]"Ether"[/b] attacked Jay-Z alone. Personally, I love Nas and Jay-Z, but for me, Jay-Z is just easier to listen to. I mean, for me, I just can't get into some of Nas' music, because he just seems too dark or moody, where is I like MC's with more energy.

I mean, yeah, I'll admit Nas is a great MC, but I really don't think he got any better after [b]"Illmatic"[/b]. After that album, most people believe he went down hill, where is, after [b]"Reasonable Doubt"[/b], Jay-Z simply continued moving up and exploring different musical styles. I mean, for me, [b]"Hard Knock Life"[/b] is better than any song Nas can provide. Then I look at Jay-Z's collaberations with B.I.G. and other artists, and I just see him showing more of his potential ability. Look at songs like [b]"Two of Brooklyn's Finest"[/b], [b]"Go Crazy"[/b], and his verses on Kanye West's album, and then look at what Nas has done musically, and I just feel like Jay-Z is better. To tell the truth, I don't much care for Jay-Z's popular music, for me, his albums hold the best content he has to provide, not his singles.

Regardless, I think Jay-Z won that little battle, seeing as how he released more albums, freestyles all his material, and he is also now Nas' boss. Haha. So, even if he lost the battle, he won the war. Haha.

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][size=1][color=navy]
Well, that is your opinion I suppose. I think the reason you say [b]"Takeover"[/b] is lesser to [b]"Ether"[/b] maybe the fact that Jay-Z was attacking mutliple opponents in [b]"Takeover"[/b]
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Jay-Z released another (and even weaker) dis to Nas after "Ether".

Personally, I love Nas and Jay-Z, but for me, Jay-Z is just easier to listen to. I mean, for me, I just can't get into some of Nas' music, because he just seems too dark or moody, where is I like MC's with more energy.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I definitely understand that. Nas has some pretty upbeat, more energetic, and lighthearted songs, but honestly those are usually the tracks where people start claiming he fell off. I dont really agree with them, but those are definitely his weakest links.

I mean, yeah, I'll admit Nas is a great MC, but I really don't think he got any better after [b]"Illmatic"[/b]. After that album, most people believe he went down hill
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

It's not Nas' fault you can't top perfection, haha.

where is, after [b]"Reasonable Doubt"[/b], Jay-Z simply continued moving up and exploring different musical styles.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Eh. I definitely don't agree with that. Do you really think anything off of the Black Album, Blueprint, etc. etc. can match up with Dead Presidents II, or D'evils?

[QUOTE=The Boss][size=1][color=navy]I mean, for me, [b]"Hard Knock Life"[/b] is better than any song Nas can provide.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Blasphemy. haha, that's probably the biggest insult to Nas I've ever heard. ahah. Hard Knock Life (which I dont particularly care for, but to each his own) simply can't match the lyricism of a bunch of Nas' songs. Rewind/NY State of Mind/Nas is Like, etc. etc. -- I understand that you simply like HKL better, but can we at least agree that in this particular case Nas is the superior lyricist?

Regardless, I think Jay-Z won that little battle, seeing as how he released more albums, freestyles all his material
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Well theres one thing we agree, not so much the batte/album thing, but Jay-Z is infinitely better than Nas when it comes to freestyling. But thats not too much of a compliment because Nas' freestyles are horrible, ahha.

Haha. So, even if he lost the battle, he won the war. Haha.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Yeah, with no questions you got me there. I was pretty pissed when I heard about him signing with Def Jam or whatever. I thought the fact that they reconciled was Ok, but man, partnering up? After you called eachother's rhymes trash, said you ****** eachother's wives, and threatened death? That's weak.

[quote name='Frog Brigade']Yeah, but Jay-Z released another (and even weaker) dis to Nas after "Ether".[/quote][color=navy][size=1]

I'm not familiar with what song you are refering to, but then again, I havn't heard all of Jigga's stuff. So, you may be right. But I feel that Jay's song, [b]"Threats"[/b] from the Black Album basically was an all around message to thoughs who still had beef with him. For me, that is one of his better songs.[/color][/size]

[Quote]
Eh. I definitely don't agree with that. Do you really think anything off of the Black Album, Blueprint, etc. etc. can match up with Dead Presidents II, or D'evils?[/quote]
[color=navy][size=1]
In my opinion, yes. I just feel that alot of his work has evolved over time. He just explored more and more musical styles and got to know more people in the game, allowing him to evolve over time and become a more well-rounded MC.[/color][/size]

[Quote]
Blasphemy. haha, that's probably the biggest insult to Nas I've ever heard. ahah. Hard Knock Life (which I dont particularly care for, but to each his own) simply can't match the lyricism of a bunch of Nas' songs. Rewind/NY State of Mind/Nas is Like, etc. etc. -- I understand that you simply like HKL better, but can we at least agree that in this particular case Nas is the superior lyricist?[/Quote]
[color=navy][size=1]
Again, we go to the things Jay says in his own songs. If you listened to the Black Album in it's entirety (which I actually just did) on the track [b]"Moment of Clarity"[/b] he states that he's gotta dumb down alot of his music to allow people to hear his message. That may be why Nas has a smaller fan base than Jay. Heh. And if you go and listen to the songs he made where he simply didn't care about selling records, his lyricism for me, is unmatched. See "College Dropout" and the song which comes after "Jesus Walks" which's title escapes me. That song just, well, for me, beats anything Nas has to say. Heh. But again, to each his own. We got our own opinions.[/color][/size]

[quote]
Well theres one thing we agree, not so much the batte/album thing, but Jay-Z is infinitely better than Nas when it comes to freestyling. But thats not too much of a compliment because Nas' freestyles are horrible, ahha.[/quote]
[color=navy][size=1]
Where there you go. From that statement, a person can about draw this. Think if Jay actually sat down and wrote lyrics, and think of the lyricism he would have. Now think about this. Nas and Jay are rivals in the game, and their dominance is contested, however, Nas has to sit down and WRITE all his stuff for a time, where is Jay can walk into a studio, spit fire with a message, and then make a platinum record after listening to the beat for about thirty minutes or so. Heh. That for me seals the deal, but hey, that's you.[/color][/size]

[quote]
Yeah, with no questions you got me there. I was pretty pissed when I heard about him signing with Def Jam or whatever. I thought the fact that they reconciled was Ok, but man, partnering up? After you called eachother's rhymes trash, said you ****** eachother's wives, and threatened death? That's weak.[/QUOTE]
[color=navy][size=1]
Well, me being a Jay fan over Nas, I don't really care. Haha. For me, that's just the personification of the nickname "HOVA" right there. He didn't defeat Nas completely by battling with him, so he put him to work for him... that sir, is what I like to call PWNED. Haha.

But there is one thing I know we can both agree on. B.I.G. was better than both of them combined and Wu Tang Clan is like if you multiplied Nas, Jay-Z, and KRS-One by three and put them in a group. Haha. Ill has can be.[/color][/size]

About the freestyling thing, it's kindof psuedo-freestyling. It's the exact same writing process Nas and every MC usues, just without paper. I do find it impressive, but I don't think it would effect who I think is better.

B.I.G. and Nas are about tied as lyricism goes. But overall B.I.G. definitely wins, he was way more consistent in his greatness. Unlike Nas, I still can't believe how wack Nastradamus is. :( Andt yeah, Wu-Tang Clan is un-****ing-believeable. The one thing I love most about Wu-Tang is how different all the MCs are. I was just thinking about how when I was a youngin listenin to Wu-Tang, I always considered Method one of the weakest links, and RZA one of the strongest. And now, years later, thats reversed. I'm starting to think that Method Man (method's solo song) is the best track on Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).

Oh, and man you should check out this album called Think Differently Music: Wu-Tang Meets the Indie-Culture. It has guys like MF Doom, Del Tha Funky Homosapien, members of Cannibal Ox, all collaborating with Wu artists. It's ****ing ill.

[color=navy][size=1]

Regardless, if Nas and Jay-Z went into an actual battle at Summer Jam, he would lose. Haha. Just look at what happened to 50 Cent. 50 said **** about Jay in his act, Jay applauded him on his talented, then went on and said [b]"I'm about them dollars, who gives a **** about 50 Cent?"[/b] and went into his freestyle or something of the sort.

For me, the best and most creative member of Wu-Tang Clan was the late [b]Ol' Dirty Bastard[/b], whom I've loved for the majority of my musical life. For me, [b]"Brooklyn Zoo"[/b] is one of the best songs ever made by any member of Wu-Tang Clan, if not the best. I was pissed when he died, because it was my favorite Wu-Tang member about to join my favorite record label, and then he died before his album was released. It was a real tragedy.

And I've heard that CD. I loved it sooooo much. And MF Doom is possibly the best Underground act out right now. Heh. I need to get DangerDoom's album. I suggest checking out [b]"Disciples of the 36 Chamber's"[/b] their concert album live in San Berdeno. THAT was soooooooo ill. Haha.[/color][/size]

[font=arial][color=indigo][size=1]I only follow Australian hip hop, since I can't be arsed looking deeper into the American [i]scene[/i]. I once had someone tell me at this board that it's not hip hop unless they sound American though, so I don't mention my [b]affiliation to the genre[/b] all that much. But I digress.

My favourite hip hop group is the Hilltop Hoods, who rap with a very Australian, very jazzy style. They're followed by The Herd, and to a degree, Two Up (though they put out **** all material). As for American stuff, I'm partial to Outkast and Ugly Duckling, and Eminem when I'm in the mood.

That is all.[/size][/color][/font]

DeadSeraphim, listen to Wu-Tang man. [b]Now[/b].

As for Ol' Dirty Bastard being the best of Wu-Tang, I wouldnt really agree. But the Wu-Tang memebers are almost IMPOSSIBLE to rate against eachother. First of all, they're nine of the best MCs this world has ever seen, and second of all they have so many ****** side-projects thats it's hard to keep up with.

As far as in-Wu stuff, I'd have to say that: GZA > Method > Ghostface > Inspectah Deck > Ol' Dirty Bastard > Raekwon > Masta Killa > U-God -- But it's so damn close it's not even worth ranking.

Solo stuff is easy. GZA wins with ease. Liquid Swords is a candidate for best hip-hop album of all time. Ghostface is 2nd. Method is 3rd, if only for the first Tical (the sequels were weak). ODB would be right below there. And the rest are tied for a distant, distant, distant, distant, distant, 5th.

But yeah, they all rock, so theres no point in arguing.

Also, I'm buying [URL=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005CEU/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prod_7/104-4759348-0270337?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174]this[/URL] today. Looks good. One of the few Wu-Side Projects I havent heard.

Yay I liek soem rap/hip hop. My favorite rappers are

Talib Kwali-Has as good voice and raps fast. His beats are meh sometimes but when he does it well (ex.I try,Broken glass) it's REALLY awesome.

Common-He is more of a bluzey,funk,soulish rapper. I really like his voice its nice and slow and clear. He also raps about nice happy things. Like sex(not in a dirty way) and success in life as a whole and makes the "hood" out as more of a fun place than a sad drug infested shithole.

The mouse and the mask- He raps about funny stuff liek cartoon network and vats of urine(im serious). He says weird stuff too and changes his voice he's quite an appealing rapper.

Method man- He's gotta smooth voice and has real nice ryhmes(cahs moves everything around me cream get da money dolla dolla bill yall).

Tribe called quest-Well they have q-tip in it so you know they got a good voice talent(he shoudl do aniem voice overs). Also they got funny crazy wacky 90's ryhmes. Love em to death.

Cypress Hill-Dook Dook Dook Dooka. Nuff said. Not really you say? Well there the only gangta rap that ive heard that has good beats.

Those are my favorite rappers/rap groups. If I were to say that I had a favorite rap genre it would be soul/funk rap. It's got a smooth clean feel and usually don't jsut talk about hollerin at bitches. I found that alot of people are really ignorant about rap. I ask one guy who the best rapper alive was(this was a question that was not meant to get an answer) he said Jay-Z. I asked him why and he said "beacuse he said so." I don't liek any of that crunk/hyphie stuff(there the smae cept on different coasts :p ) if I wanna dance I listed to either drum and bass or go go.

[size=1]
OK just listened to a leaked(?) song titled [b]"Daydream"[/b] and I need the following question immediately answered:
[INDENT][CENTER]Is anyone else going Lupe-crazy?[/CENTER][/INDENT]

That guy is insanely insane. How the hell is he that good lol. Please tell me someone else is a fan. He's the guy with the third verse in Kanye's Touch The Sky, if it helps at all. Anyone that can mention Mum-Ra & Lupin the 3rd in a verse is nerdy enough for my attention![/size]

im not going to bother reading the rest of the thread, i'm just going to answer.

i hate when people are ignorant enough to say "hiP HOP ISNT REAL MUSIC LOL OMG U SO STOOpID" just because they discriminate against genres.

I listen to RJD2, Atmosphere, Nujabes, Lupe Fiasco, Jay-Z, The Kleptones, Dead Prez, Talib Kweli, The Pharcyde, and whatever. If I'm in the mood, I'll even listen to Chamillionare and TI.

I'd rather have fun than get serious. I am just fly like that.

"Just kick, and push, and coaaaasssst"

• 1 year later...
I was wondering if there were any fans of hip hop on the OB artists like MF Doom, Talib Kweli, Q Tip, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def, MF Grimm, or The Roots.

I am tired of the mainstream rappers out now these days talking about money, cars, and big rims. Like there is nothing else out there to rap about how do other OB members feel about modern rap and are there those that as I do love the underground rappers though they don't get as much playtime on radio's and TV stations.

So leave me your thoughts and maybe you could introduce me to artists that you know about that I don't.

[COLOR="Indigo"][size=1]I merged the threads. Inuyasha7271, please be sure to check the MM&TV thread directory for any thread you might want to post. It may already exist. -Clurr[/COLOR][/size]