OtakuBoards

All For A Price [M-LV possible S]

Deadpool

[FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]OOC: Based on the little poker knowledge I have, some of this could be wrong.

IC: They were playing Jacks to open. Jonah had opened the betting, and by the rules they were playing, he had at least a pair of jacks.

"Give me two," said Kyle, slapping two of his cards down to be discarded. Even though Kyle had scared the cheating man out of his wits, there were still three other men playing with them. Although she had kept quiet most of the game, Fang found she liked people more when playing poker, and her initial dislike of Kyle was rapidly evaporating.

Fang kept her face devoid of emotion as she appraised her cards: three kings, two queens. The other people playing with them had folded, and not one of the three bounty hunters was willing to concede to the others. All they needed to do was lay there cards on the table. "Full house. Kings full of queens," she said, showing her hand. Jonah smiled.

"Not bad, but this hand is mine," said Jonah confidently. He lay his cards for them to see. He had the last king, a queen, a jack, a ten, and a nine, all spades. "Royal flush, I take the pot."

He reached over the table to rake in the winnings but stopped as Kyle grabbed his hand.

"I haven't shown my cards," he said simply. Fang smiled briefly and creased her eyebrows, deciding that would go over better than a derisive snort.

"There's nothing you can possibly have to beat that, even if you have four of a kind. Don't tell me..." Fang trailed off as Kyle put his cards down one by one. Ace of spades, Ace of hearts, Ace of diamonds, Ace of clubs, and his finl card was the game's single wild, the Joker. "You actually have five of a kind."

"I'm a good card player," Kyle said as Fang watched her money disappear.

She smiled at the men who had joined the game but were not part of her team. They all declined another round, leaving only her Jonah, and Kyle. Fang returned her face to its blank state as they left. She dealt another hand without asking her teammates if they wanted to keep playing. Her eyes turned cold as she said, "Now that they're gone, let's talk business. What are we going to do about the bounties, and who are we targeting first?"[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]ooc:Apologies for my lack of posting.

ic:Jonah adjusted his sunglasses as he spoke; he was looking at Kyle and Fang directly in the eyes but they wouldn?t have noticed due to the reflective nature of his glasses.

[B]?We can safely assume that almost every bounty hunter will be after the Crimson Slayer. With the insane amount of on money on his head everyone will be looking to nab him first and alive.? [/B] He paused and waited, Fang and Kyle nodded, Jonah continued. [B]?I?m theorizing that a smaller number of bounty hunters will be after the Torn and the Hawk since their bounties aren?t worth as much but still significant.? [/B] Fang spoke next.

[B]?This needs to be a group decision since we all have to help each other whether we like it or not.?[/B] Both men nodded in agreement. Jonah scanned the Inn without moving his head. Kyle and Fang were talking to one another about their plan of action; at least he assumed that?s what they were doing. He couldn?t see Tessa or Lumine anywhere, perhaps they already have gone to bed he thought. He suddenly stood from the table leaving Fang and Kyle.

[B]?I?m going to get some rest, we have a rather big day ahead of us tomorrow, and perhaps we should decide what we are doing when everyone is present?? [/B] Jonah bid them both a goodnight and walked to his room, [B]?tomorrow should be an interesting day.?[/B] he murmured to himself as he got ready to sleep. [/SIZE]

[size=1][color=slategray]Tessa grabbed Lumine's room keys and made her way back into the inn. She saw that Fang, Jonah, and... Ashcraft... were still playing cards. She slinked away stealthily, not wanting to get dragged into the game; she was terrible at cards. And she didn't exactly want to engage in conversation with Ashcraft. Her heart rate picked up a bit as she made her way up the stairs, her hands slightly shaking as she unlocked Lumine's room. She felt safer in the room, however.
She quickly strode over to a chair on the opposite side of the room. Luckily, she'd taken her small messenger bag with her from the room with Ashcraft. It had practically all of her possessions in it. She flipped open the cloth cover and unzipped the inside zipper. She fished out one of her brother's t-shirts and a pair of shorts.
It felt odd for her to take off her skin-tight outfit. It had become a part of her in this career, she hardly ever slept or changed out of it. Considering she was always chasing after bounty heads. The only time she ever had to take it off was when she had to wash it ever week or two. That's when she'd change into the baggy shirt and the short-shorts.

When she was done slipping the loose clothes on, she grabbed her belt and secured it under the shirt, stuffing her gun between it. She never slept without some ammunition by her side.
She grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. There was a huge news covering on some explosion down by the docks.
A knock came at the door and Tessa rose to answer it.[/color][/size]

"Finished?" Lumine said standing feet away from Tessa, after she opened the door. He quickly noticed the weapon in her left hand, hidden behind her body. [I]Was she expecting someone?[/I]

"Yeah, thanks." Tessa said looking at Lumine seriously. She closed the door a bit and threw the weapon back on the lone bed she would be sleeping on with a flick of her wrist. They soon stood, staring at each other in silence.

"Are you gonna let me in?"

"Right! Come In. I'm sor- wow..." Tessa had forgotten that she was in Lumine's room. [I]What was bothering her?[/I] As Lumine walked inside the room, he noticed that Tessa's clothes sat by the bed, folded for the next day. He then immediately noticed Tessa and her new outfit: Loose white t-shirt and black basketball shorts. Lumine, however, averted his eyes by soon realizing that Tessa didn't have on a bra and her plush breasts pushed the silohette of her nipples through the undergarment. Lumine changed the subject. "Are you sure that you're okay today? I've felt a lot of things in my life, but i've never felt 'the weight of the world' on someone else's shoulders." Tessa sensed Lumine's seriousness and stared Lumine down but never saying a word.

"Seriously, are you okay?" Lumine persisted.
"I'm fine." Tessa said.
"Well why have you been acting --"
"Weird?" Tessa finished, looking towards the ground.
"Yeah."

"I can't tell you directly, but I can tell you [B]indirectly[/B], okay?" Tessa said with a small grin.
"...Sure" Lumine said, prepared for anything.
[I]"I'm afraid of the [B]dark[/B]."[/I] Tessa replied. "You know... that [I]evil kind of dark[/I] that's all over you.
Lumine became annoyed with Tessa repeating herself. "You told me this before after you left Ashcraft's room. I thought you were gonna tell me th-"
Tessa cut Lumine off, raising her voice. "I am telling you, you're not listening!" Gawd, why am I even bothering wi-..."

[I]A plan formed in Tessa's head cutting off her what she was saying to Lumine.[/I]

"Forget it." She said to Lumine, stomping towards the light switch and turning it off before going to sleep in Lumine's bed. Lumine himself, had a pilot made on the floor to sleep on, 5 ft. away from the female bounty hunter. Lumine was going to say something to Tessa as he laid down in his pilot for the night, but her speeh cut him off.

"G'night Omari."

[I]What?[/I]

[I]Why did she call him by his first name?[/I]
[I]And why did she turn off the lights. Wasn't Tessa afr-[/I]

Lumine eyes opened wide in the dark, frozen in place as he tried to slip off his EPG's. An audible and unresonable sound slipped out of Lumine's wide open mouth that obviously signaled to Tessa that he had [B]'finally'[/B] figured it out.

Tessa smiled in the darkness, [B]"Now do you understand?"[/B]

[color=darkred][size=1]Kyle rose smiling at Tessa as jonah walked up the stairs. [b]"Night Jonah, hopefully we won't have to kill any other teams going after Blackhawk"[/b]

Jonah nodded and made a small wave as he walked up the stairs to his room. [b]"Hopefully, but if so. I don't think they stand a chance"[/b] He disappeared up the stairs.

Vincent waited a bit as Fang gathered up the cards. He saw a small key fall out of her shirt and onto the floor. He quickly scooped it up before she grabbed it. He held it up to the light admiring the crimson markings on the key. [b]"Fancy, where did you get this?"[/b]

[b]"It was a gift from a friend"[/b] The look on her face was not a happy one. [b]"Can I please have it back?"[/b]

kyle tossed it in the air several times. [b]"Sure you can"[/b] He dangled it in front of him. [b]"I see the Slayer took a liking to you"[/b] He smiled as she made a reach for it, Kyle caught her wrist and spun her around then slowly spoke into her ear as she treid to break away. [b]"Don't worry, your sercet is safe with me . He slowly touched the marking as she let her go, the fire in her eyes told she was not a happy customer. He walked back up stairs and into his room. He laid on the bed and pulled out several pictures. He pwawned through the four pictures then stopped on one. it showed Tessa in the Hell Haven Bar. [b]"Funny how this thing is suddenly set up suddenly. You will be my pawn along with Errant and Black Hawk. Moves will be made and deception will be everywhere."[/b] He hid the pictures back in his jacket. [b]"Enjoy your lives while they last"[/b]

The next moring he met everyone downstairs. Tessa and Omari eyed him uncomfertably. [i]She told. How unfortuant for her. Time to put my plan into action[/i] Fang still seemed a little pissed at him as Jonah looked like he had a good night sleep. Kyle dropped Tessa's messenger bag at her feet making her eyes go wide in surprise. [b]"You left this in there last night"[/b] He watched her open the bag and read the note inside to herself then her face go pale. Exactually like the note said. [i]Your not safe anywhere and I suggest you play it cool and make 'Omari' think you were just being paranoid about me. that is unless you want his throat slit at night and you framed for it[/i]

Jonah dropped two sets of keys on the table. [b]"I was able to rent a couple of trucks for us. Two in one and three in the other.[/b] He spread a map out on the table. [b]"I was thinking of checking the nearest city for Black Hawk and then working our way out"[/b] Kyle pointed to an abondened town ont he map. [b]"I say here first. He is one of those wanna be outlaws so he would pick a ghost town. The place is going ot be crawling with his gunslingers. Could get nasty"[/b]

Fang nodded. [b]"Makes sense actually. Then if he isn't there we could check these other two"[/b] She pointed to two more. Jonah reached for the keys at the same time Kyle did. Tessa nabbed the other set as Kyle and Jonah's hands collided.

Jonah took out a coin. [b]"What do you call?[/b]

[b]"Heads"[/b]

Jonah flipped the coin and let it hit the ground as it landed on tails. [b]"Looks like I win"[/b] Fang grabbed the keys before he got them. [b]"Sorry I drive"[/b] Jonah smiled. [b]"Shotgun"[/b] Kyle frowned. [b]"Damn't"[/b]

OOC: Sorry about it being so long the the small amounts of powerplaying but I wanted to get this going. As you all know by now my char is the Crimson Slayer but as the rp goes on it might not be as it seems. Black hwak will be at the second abanodened town and ya'll can argue over who kills him or not. Let's get this going and incorporate any twists and side bounties you want. The richer the better[/size][/color]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Kyle Ashcraft walked down the stairs, Tessa and Lumine stared him down. Tessa's indirect talking from yesterday was all that Lumine needed. She didn't have to say anything else to him at that point since all of the puzzle pieces were coming together:[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][i]Ashcraft was the [b]Crimson Slayer[/b].[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]He was the one who had killed his entire family [or was the cause of their deaths]. He knew that his father was a politician and his mother stood faithfully by his side in order to rid the world of bounty hunters and all that they stood for, [i]but his entire family?![/i][/size][/font]

[i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen]There was no excuse for the pain that Lumine went through. None whatsoever.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Lumine's grey eyes affixed themselves on the enemy. Ashcraft looked dead into his eyes, that small smirk stuck to his lips. [i][color=darkgreen]Lumine wanted to personally rip them off for good.[/color][/i][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ashcraft dropped Tessa's messenger bag at her feet making her stiffen up in surprise. "You left this in our room last night." As Tessa opened the bag and read the contents, her body froze and being around her felt cold as ice. Lumine was immediately concerned and reached for Tessa's hand as Ashcraft walked away.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Are you okay, Tessa?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"....."[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Tessa?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"I'm fine Lumine."[/i][/b] Tessa said, regaining composure[b][i].[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Are yo-"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Lumine?"[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Yes?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Remember what I said about Kyle?"[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine nodded his head meaning yes.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Forget it. I misjudged him."[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Wha? Are you su-"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Drop it, Omari."[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine gritted his teeth while Fang, Jonah and Ashcraft talked about vehicles.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][color=darkgreen]No way, Lumine thought. No way am I letting him get away again... I know it's him and Tessa proved it to me yesterday. I'll die first before I let him get away again.[/color][/i] He over heard the other three talking about the mission...[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=red][i][b][i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=red][/color][/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/b][/i][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=red][i][b][i][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=red][/color][/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/b][/i][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=red][i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][color=black]"...Makes sense actually. Then if he isn't there we could check these other two..."[/color] [/b][/color][color=black]Fang pointed to two more places on a map. Jonah reached for the keys at the same time Kyle did. Tessa nabbed the other set as Kyle and Jonah's hands collided.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/color][/color][/size][/font]

[i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Jonah took out a coin. [b]"What do you call?"[/b][/size][/font][/i]
[color=darkred][color=red]
[i][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=darkred][b]"Heads"[/b][/color] [/color][color=black]Kyle said.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[/color][/color]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][color=darkgreen]I'll have [b]your[/b] head Ashcraft[/color][/i], Lumine thought, watching the coin fly into the air.[/size][/font]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][u]--------------------------------------------------[/u][/b][/size][/font][/center]

[left][size=1][color=#8b0000][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=1][color=#8b0000][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]Lumine sat in the middle of the truck while Tessa sat in the passenger seat, looking through the window that let her mind escape from the realization that Lumine let Ashcraft drive the truck. Lumine would've perfered to be looking outside the window instead but Tessa became icy cold whenever she got close to him. Ashcraft drove the van at 75mph towards the abandoned town on the map he picked out. The wheels rolling across the gravel and dirt were the only audible noises heard in the truck. [/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=1][color=#8b0000][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=1][color=#8b0000][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]Tessa and Lumine were undoubtedly thinking the same thing; Ashcraft had picked out where we should go and that he would drive instead of Lumine. They both eyed each other momentarily before Tessa broke contact and looked out the window again, admiring the dirt as if it was the last thing she'd ever see again.[/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"We're gonna die..."[/i][/b] Tessa mumbled, half sarcastic and half truthful.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine turned to her direction, making sure his EPG's were snug on his hands before answering Tessa. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"I'll make sure we don't."[/color][/i][/b] He whispered in her direction.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Tessa chuckled before looking in the side view mirror. She chuckled at the second truck occupied by Fang and Jonah, trying to keep up. [b][i]"We're gonna die and they're [u]definitely[/u] gonna die." [/i][/b][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"No one's gonna die!"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][i][b]"Why'd you even let this maniac drive? He's gonna kill us, dammit!" [/b][/i]Tessa raised her voice, not caring about Ashcraft and the smirk he had on his face from the [i]'discussion'[/i].[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Like I wanted him to! He took the keys from you after you nabbed them from the table and he refuses to let me drive!" [/i][/b][color=black]Lumine turned at Ashcraft who had begun to snicker at the squabble between the two hunters. He turned to Lumine who had the wrath of a thousand angels powering his gaze. [b][i]Kyle saw then how much Lumine wanted to kill him.[/i][/b][/color][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"You got a problem, Omari..."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle said in his sly tone with that same small smirk.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]That smirk....[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[center][b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]-Meanwhile...-[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]...As Fang drove the truck trying to Keep up with Ashcraft's speeding vehicle, [i]she suddenly saw the truck sharply jerk to the left, seeming erratically out of control before resuming it's natural speed and direction.[/i] Jonah awoke from his sleep, startled from the noise. [b][i]"What the hell happened, Fang? What's wrong with Ashcraft's truck?"[/i][/b][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"I... have no idea..."[/i][/b] Fang trailed off, squinting.[/size][/font][/left]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b]-Back in the main truck...-[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine rubbed his right hand through his EPG as Kyle regained control of the vehicle. Lumine punched Ashcraft square in the jaw from his remark and smirk. Lumine continued to rub his hand, emotions sated.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]That felt good, really good... [/i][/b][color=black]He looked at Ashcraft, who now looked back at him with a serious/mean look. Blood leaking from his mouth.[/color][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]There was no smirk on his face this time. This caused Lumine to smile right in Ashcraft's face like a kid in a candy store.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]Priceless...[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]Ashcraft parked 1 mile away from a desolate village, obviously the one he had picked. As he parked, Kyle wiped the blood from his mouth before looking at Lumine, who still smiled from the adrenaline rush.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"I'll take care of you later."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Splen-dad." [/i][/b][color=black]Lumine countered, imitating Ashcraft the best he could.[/color][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Ashcraft walked out of the truck, Fang and Jonah stopped right behind them. Jonah immediately ran out of the truck and ran to Ashcraft, questions blazing.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Are you okay?" [/i][/b]Jonah asked.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Fine."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle answered.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Well why'd the truc-"[/i][/b][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"I got a little 'dazed' at the wheel, that's all."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle said with a smirk returning, cutting Jonah off while looking at Lumine.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]Damn, I didn't hit him hard enough[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][b][i]"Where are we?"[/i][/b] Fang interjected.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][i][b]"1 mile away from the spot we agreed on looking first."[/b][/i][/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Oh."[/i][/b] Fang and Jonah replied.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Ready?"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle said starting a pace. He wasn't wasting any time.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"Are you?"[/i][/b] Jonah said, excited by Kyle's upbeat demeanor.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]As the group of 5 began walking towards the town, led by Ashcraft, Tessa mumbled again, loud enough for Lumine to hear...[/i][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]"We're so dead."[/i][/b][/size][/font][/left]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][b][i][u]--------------------------------------------------[/u][/i][/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]OOC:[/i][/b] Just thought i'd add a little more since no one has posted yet. Oh, and [b]Sazabi[/b] [b][i][the fight in the [color=darkred]**[u][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=723973&postcount=124"][color=darkred]Underground[/color][/url][/u]**[/color]

[FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]After a rough ride trying to keep up with the truck driven by Kyle, Fang was more than happy to walk the rest of the way. Kyle kept a quick pace, but she had no trouble keeping up. She felt a change in the auras of Kyle, Tessa, and Lumine, but said nothing. Questioning bounty hunters who might be in bad moods was foolish, and Fang was not a foolish girl. She remained silent until they reached the town.

There was no noise, and all the buildings seemed in disrepair. [I]It's a ghost town, of course it looks shabby,[/I] the thorn-marked bounty hunter thought. She scanned the area but saw no sign that people had recently been there. If the Black Hawk was there, he was waiting in the inner-city. They could either go in as a team, which was more conspicuous but had safety in numbers, or go in one by one, which added stealth but gave them a greater risk of being caught alone in a gunfight.

"I want to go in first and do some scouting," said Fang. Her need for danger was acting up. "If I die, I promise I'll go out in a hail of gunfire, so you can at least know where they are stationed." Her companions all looked at her incredulously, to which Fang placed a hand on her hip and huffily asked, "What?"

"If you really mean that, there are better ways of gathering information," said Kyle with a slight smirk.

Fang replied acerbically, "It's not like I'd going in saying, 'Shoot me, I'm a bounty hunter.' I'll do whatever everyone else wants, just make a decision."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1][color=darkred]OOC:Well not excatly a way I was going for but I can work around it.

Kyle almost laughed at what Fang said. [b]"I'll go with you."[/b] He saw the looks on Tessa's and Lumine's face and gave a small smile. Fang turned and began creeping along the side of one of the buildings and disappeared into the city. Kyle almost turned then stopped and looked back and Lumine. [b]"You might need these"[/b] He held up Lumine's two Desert Eagles.

Lumine's face went white as he looked down at his empty holsters. He looked back up as Kyle held them out. Kyle frowned as Lumine grabbed one then struck him across the face with the handle of the one still in his hand. [b]"Make sure not to hit me again"[/b] He looked at Tessa before he went around the corner and gave her the strike one face. He followed Fang through the city. [b]"I don't think he is here"[/b]

[b]"Yeah but some of his gang is"[/b] Kyle's interest was caught. Black Hawk wasn't supposed to be here and Black Hawk already knew that they were coming. Kyle felt all the blood rush out of his face as one guy was checking out the city. He was dressed almost exactly like Kyle.[/color]

[color=indigo]Kyle's mind was racing. [b]"Hey look there is another"[/b] Fang went to look as Kyle struck her on the back of the head knocking her flat out onto the ground then disappeared into the shadows of the city. [b]"Damn you Kyle, this is the last time you hunted your brother. I was posing as you hoping to have my fun but you ruined it for the last time."[/b][/color]

[color=darkred]The real Kyle saw Fang laying on the ground. [b]"Shit"[/b] He ran over and helping Fang up aws she awoke. [b]"You okay?"[/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Jonah decided that he would leave Tessa, Kyle and Lumine to ride in the first truck; he got into the second letting Fang drive. He crosses his arms and wriggled back into the seat as she drove, his sleep last night was less than, shall we say?pleasant. In no time Jonah was asleep behind his reflective glasses.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][CENTER]+++[/CENTER][/COLOR]
[I][B]?I don?t think you?re telling the truth, I don?t like it when people lie to me.? [/B] The man was masked in shadow, the only thing evident was the fact he was holding a lighter in one hand and lighter fluid in the other. A long figure, strapped to a chair, stayed silent and unmoving despite the threat.

[B]?I will ask only once more.? [/B] The figure in the chair remained passive, his eyes fixed on the floor between his feet; the man had not once stepped out of the shadows. If he though that it was somehow intimidating then he was wrong. The man in the chair would not give up the information, nothing could persuade him, nothing. The shadow cloaked man lit the lighter revealing his features for a split second before they faded into black once more. [B]?Last warning.?[/B] [/I]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrange]+++[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Jonah woke with a start, a loud noise cutting though his dream forcing him into reality, a welcome change none the less.

[B]"What the hell happened, Fang? What's wrong with Ashcraft's truck?"[/B]
[B]"I... have no idea..." [/B] she cut her self off, lowering her head and scrunching up her eyes as if that would some how help her to see better.

The truck regained its composure and moved on, 1 mile out from their destination the trucks stopped, after a while everyone got out.

[B]"Are you okay?"[/B] Jonah asked, concerned.
[B]"Fine."[/B] Kyle answered matter of fact.
[B]"Well why'd the truc-"[/B]
[B]"I got a little 'dazed' at the wheel, that's all."[/B] Kyle shot a look at Lumine and Jonah decided not to press the matter any further.
[B]"Where are we?"[/B] Fang spoke.
[B]"1 mile away from the spot we agreed on looking first."[/B]
[B]"Oh."[/B] Fang and Jonah replied at the same time, Jonah shot her a smile.
[B]"Ready?"[/B] Kyle spoke, eager it seemed, to get things underway.
[B]"Are [U]you[/U]?" [/B] Jonah replied with an amused look on his face, he was feeling excited that there would finally be some action.

As the group walked towards town Jonah instinctively brought up the rear, old habits die hard. Everyone mostly remained silent save for Lumine and Tessa who occasionally mumbled to one another. Jonah could feel the tension in the air between Lumine, Kyle and Tessa; he found people were easily read when they were bothered in some way. Jonah listened to everyone?s exchanges when they reached the town, he watched from behind the second truck as Kyle struck Lumine with his own gun, somehow that didn?t surprise Jonah much. The town looked rather dilapidated, as most ghost towns did.

Lumine and Tessa were quick to disappear into the town leaving Jonah on his own, [I][B]?Typical?[/B] [/I] , he thought.[I] [B]?A little organization could go along way, especially if one or more of them get pinned down.? [/B][/I] He knew that the Black Hawk wouldn?t be in this town, it was certain to Jonah that some of his ?soldiers? would be. It would be important not to underestimate any of the Hawk?s men. Jonah circled around the back of the town to get a better vantage point, he watched from an adjacent building as Kyle knocked Fang over the head and disappeared, another man helped her up who just happened to look exactly like Kyle.

[B]?Either there is two of Kyle or my eye sight is worse than I thought.?[/B] Blinking and vowing to investigate the strange occurrence further, he continued on away from the others but kept them in his peripheral vision. He pushed the Kyle incident to the back of his mind for the moment, his game face was on and he meant business, his colder personality quickly began rising to the surface.

Jonah adjusted his reflective glasses as he rounded another building with one pistol held out in front of him, a knife would do no good in this situation, not yet anyways. He was sure to check behind him as he moved; Jonah wanted to bring in the Hawk but then again so did everyone else. He was nearing the centre of the town, this was where things should start to get very interesting.

He mumbled quietly to himself as he moved though the buildings. [B]??You will not be so lucky this time Hawk, not this time?.?[/B]

[/SIZE]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][color=black]As Lumine stared at Ashcraft, dazed from the fact that he was able to grab both of Lumine's [b][i].45 Cal. Desert Eagles[/i][/b], Ashcraft motioned his hands for Lumine to grab them. As Lumine started to pull his weapons from Ashcraft's grip, Ashcraft grabbed the right weapon with an inhuman grip and used the butt of it to smack Lumine against the face.[/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Needless to say, the assult by Ashcraft hurt. But Lumine made no noise as blood trickled out from the inside of his mouth.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=#8b0000][b][i][color=darkred]"Make sure not to hit me again."[/color][/i][/b] [color=#000000]Ashcraft said to Lumine, smirk evaporated. Lumine looked at Ashcraft for a split second before he walked away.[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Ashcraft walked away, Tessa came up to Lumine for support. As Tessa made it to Lumine's side, he wiped the blood from his mouth, a smile returned to his lips. Tessa looked at Lumine's smirk and squinted as if saying, 'What the hell are you smiling for?' Lumine looked at Tessa after he finished smirking at the sky, unconsciously recalibrating his EPG's.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=royalblue][b][i]"Are you okay, Omari?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Tessa was the only one Lumine actually talked to on a regular basis. She was also the only one who could now say his first name without him getting defensive.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Yeah, i'm alright."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine said, rubbing his jaw with his hand, covered by the EPG. He then put his game face on. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"Ready to search the area?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Tessa nodded.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As the two bounty hunters searched the lone town, They kept their bodies low to the ground and their wits about them. Leaving Fang, Jonah and Kyle behind, Tessa and Omari believed that they were the only one's they could trust. Believing that [i][b]Kyle[/b][/i] was the [i][b]enemy[/b][/i], The duo believed that they would have to be suspiocious of [i][b]Jonah and Fang[/b][/i] as well.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]While the two bounties pressed their bodies against a wall, carefully scanning the perimeter, Lumine made his way to the end of it, where open and unscanned terrain was left undiscovered. As Lumine moved his head past the end of the wall he looked for any enemies that could be eliminated. Instead he saw [u]much more...[/u][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Omari looked from the end of the wall, Kyle ran up and chopped Fang in the back of the neck before running off. Then [i][b]another Kyle[/b][/i] immediately ran towards her and saw if she was okay.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]What? Another Kyle?[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Omari put his head back behind the wall and blinked several times before looking at his EPG's. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"Are my gloves malfunctioning?"[/color][/i][/b] He whispered aloud. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"De ja vu?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=royalblue][b][i]"What's wrong, Omari?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Omari Lumine looked at a concerned Tessa before answering her question with his unbeliveable answer.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"I just saw two Kyle Ashcraft's, I think."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=royalblue][i][b]"Are... you sure?"[/b][/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"I think so."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine blinked, making sure he wasn't crazy. As he once again looked past the brick wall [b](This time with Tessa looking also)[/b] he couldn't believe his eyes...[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][b]There was no one there...[/b][/i][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Omari want back to the protection of the wall, cussing to himself. [color=darkgreen][b][i]"Shit. What the hell is going on here?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=royalblue][b][i]"Well we won't figure it out just standing here. Let's keep searching. I'm sure once we make it to the center of the town, we'll all meet up and sort this out."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Omari sighed heavily. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"Agreed."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i]And with Tessa's leadership, the two hunters continued their search for any enemies. Now they wanted to find [b][the real][/b] Kyle Ashcraft now, more than ever.[/i][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=slategray]Tessa was, no doubt, confused. Ashcraft... what was his [I]deal[/I]? Had they been planted with some kind of... fake? Or clone? This was seriously weird. She'd dealt with clones in previous bounties, but this was just abnormal.

Her and Lumine crept along, making their way toward the center of the town. She had a bubbling feeling that there was nothing to find here. At least, no Hawk. Nevertheless, the had her loaded gun in hand, held in a ready position. Lumine wasn't far behind. They stuck to the shadows, not wanting to draw any attention to themselves.

Just as Tessa was about to give up and stand up straight, a gun shot cracked through the air. She stopped, studying her surroundings. There. Someone was firing from the top floor of a nearby three-story building. Tessa lifted her gun and closed her right eye, aiming for the guy's head. Once she was dead on, she shot wildly, using four rounds. He fell limply out of the window, and with a sickening smack, landed in a lifeless pile on the ground thirty feet away.

After making sure the coast was clear, Tessa jogged over to the body and searched him.
"Useless," Tessa mumbled as Lumine caught up to her. "Let's keep going."[/color][/size]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=slategray][color=black]As the gun shot rang through the silent sky, Tessa and Omari ducked, more from unconscious reflex than fear. As the two ducked down Tessa had quickly checked her surroundings, noticing a shady figure atop a three-story building. She quickly fired four shots, the figure dropping from the building a few seconds after she fired. [/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=slategray][color=#000000][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=slategray][color=#000000][b][i][color=darkgreen][u]400, ...500 feet away[/u], and she hit him with [u]expert[/u] aim. ...Wow.[/color][/i][/b] Lumine was thouroghly impressed with her aim. He had seen [b]'Army Rangers'[/b] do worse with [b][i]M16 Rifles[/i][/b], laying down in the dirt. The body fell 30 feet in front of them. As Tessa ran towards the body, Omari kept up rear security by exposing himself from the wall, [b][i]Desert Eagles[/i][/b] exposed and armed.[/color][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][b][color=darkgreen]No doubt everyone else had heard the chaos that had ensued[/color],[/b][/i] Lumine thought to himself. As Lumine reached Tessa, keeping his 360 degree perimeter tight, she began to speak.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=royalblue]"Useless,"[/color][/i][/b] She was obviously checking the soldier, looking for credentials of some sort. She stood up, looking perturbed. [color=royalblue][b][i]"Let's keep going."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Alright."[/i][/b][/color] Omari agreed.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As the duo moved farther through the town, Omari quickly calibrated his EPG's, readjusting his sight picture. Just as he had finished the calibration, [b][i]Jonah, Fang and Kyle[/i][/b] rushed up from behind them, the expended ammo alerting the three to the current location of the firefight and, ultimately, to the duo's location. Before the three could get a word out, however, Tessa and Omari pulled their weapons out on Ashcraft, who didn't looked surprised. Fang and Jonah stopped breathing for a moment wondering if one of the bounty hunters would pull the trigger.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Kyle started talking. [b][i][color=darkred]"Really now, is this any way to -"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=royalblue]"Shut your mouth."[/color][/i][/b] Tessa snapped.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Careful Tessa, I think you're talki-"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Shut...,"[/color][/i][/b] Lumine cocked both Desert Eagles as if he had done it a million times. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"...Your mouth."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=royalblue]"We're gonna ask you some questions, right here and now, and you're gonna answer them."[/color][/i][/b] Tessa filled in the silence for Omari.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"And if I [u]don't[/u]?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Tessa readied her weapon while Omari took two steps back from Ashcraft, [i][b]putting the distance between them at 10 feet.[/b][/i] Omari smirked.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Then you die. Plain and simple."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"This is ridiculous. Shots were fired and we could be attacked at any minute. Surely, this isn't the time for questioning teammates, is it?"[/color][/i][/b] Ashcraft looked at Jonah and Fang who had backed up from the scene at hand. Jonah and Fang both looked at Lumine with calculating eyes.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]They could tell that Lumine meant buisness.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=royalblue]"Who are you?"[/color][/i][/b] Tessa questioned, ignoring what Ashcraft had just said.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"You know who I am."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle answered calmly.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"No, we don't. Otherwise you wouldn't have weapons pointed in your face smart-ass."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine countered.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Kyle chuckled. [b][i][color=darkred]"Lumine, what makes you better than [u]anyone of us[/u] here? No one knows [u]anything[/u] about you, besides Tessa, and [u]neither of you[/u] have really talked to the team since you two arrived."[/color][/i][/b] Jonah and Fang turned to Kyle, curious as to what he was saying.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Where are you getting at..."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"What makes[u] you[/u] better than [u]me[/u]? For all the three of us know [Ashcraft, Jonah & Fang], you and Tessa could be [u]'Black Hawk'[/u] and [u]'Errant Thorn'[/u]."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][b][i]Silence quickly filled the town...[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Thinking that the information could be true and not wanting to be caught off gaurd, [b][i]Jonah and Fang quickly drew their weapons at the duo, readying their weapons also.[/i][/b] Fang aimed at Tessa while Jonah aimed at Lumine. This left Ashcraft in the center, looking at Lumine with that [i][b]smirk[/b][/i] of his.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"You can't be serious."[/color][/i][/b] Omari said, never taking his eyes off Ashcraft. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"I couldn't be the Black Hawk. I'm [u]blind[/u]."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=sienna]"Grey contacts."[/color][/i][/b] Jonah said, aiming his weapon at Lumine while Lumine kept his weapon pointed at Ashcraft. [b][i][color=sienna]"Lord knows i've done it millions of times."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=magenta]"Plastic surgery can be done for an identity change also."[/color][/i][/b] Fang said, supporting Jonah's statement. [color=magenta][b][i]"And hey, aren't you a recon / undercover expert?"[/i][/b][/color] She added, talking to Lumine. [b][i]This[/i][/b] put [b][i]Tessa[/i][/b] on edge as she glanced at Lumine with her [b][i]'untrusting eye'[/i][/b].[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]What the hell is going on here...[/color][/i][/b] Omari looked at Ashcraft with his devilish grin. [color=darkgreen][b][i]Damn you Ashcraft...[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ashcraft reached down at that moment and grabbed his weapon. [b][i]This put everyone on edge at once[/i][/b] because if Lumine or Tessa fired, it would enevitably start a [b][i]five-man fire fight[/i][/b], leaving everyone [b][i][u]dead[/u][/i][/b]. [/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]No one moved, letting Ashcraft grab his weapon.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ashcraft spoke to Jonah and Fang, while looking at Lumine and Tessa. [b][i][color=darkred]"I think we should ask them who they are, guys. We've all been on the up and up, but what about them?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]What... the hell just happened...[/color][/i][/b] Lumine thought. [color=darkgreen][b][i]Was anyone trustable anymore?...[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][u][b][i]--------------------------------------------------[/i][/b][/u][/size][/font][/center]
[center][/center]
[left][font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Just thought I'd shake things up a bit! :animesmil This will [b][i][definitely][/i][/b] add some thrill to the RP as well as some character[b][i][istic][/i][/b] posting. Have fun with the [b][i]five-man stand down.[/i][/b] I know, I know, [b][i][u]I'm an evil bastard...[/u][/i][/b][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][color=darkred]Kyle heard the clicking of the hammer of Jonah's gun and slowly turned around. He kept a hand on Omari's barrel as he smiled at Jonah and placed another hand at him. [b]"I see though you all have met Jason"[/b]

Tessa's gun immediatly went to his head as all guns came on him. [b]"What? Who is Jason?"[/b]

Kyle frowned. All his years as a bounty hunter everyone had blamed him for his brother's crimes and quite frankly he was tired of it. [b]"MY fucking twin brother!"[/b] In a quick sweep all of the guns aimed at him where dangling on his fingers. [b]"Now shall we settle this peacefully"[/b] A shot hit right next to him in the building. [b]"Damnit"[/b] He spun and caught the man in the throat then dropped the weapons on the ground and kicked them to their owners feet. [b]"My name is Kyle Ashcraft my brother is Jason Ashcraft or as you know the Crimson Slayer. For years I have been blamed for his crimes and he gets away as imporsanating as me for fun. I have been tracking him ever since he started his life of crime."[/b]

Tessa was not convinced as her tone was sharp. [b]"How do we know it isn't you?'[/b]

[b]"My borhter never goes anywhere without his sword which is too long to hide unless..."[/b]

Jonah spoke up. [b]"...It was disguised as a staff"[/b]

Kyle nodded and held out his staff. [b]"Mine is solid through and through. Jason's hides his sword inside it. Go ahead check it"[/b] He tossed the staff to Omari who checked it throughly then handed it to Tessa. The staff traveled around the group and was given back to Kyle. [b]"Another way is this. He permantly dyed his hair red and wouldn't change that for the world so he would have to wear a wig. Plus his eyes were hanged red so he would wear contacts."[/b] He brought up his shirt showing a dragon with a single head on his back. [b]"His will have three heads"[/b] By this time Tessa and Omari had their guns picked up and back on him. [b]"So if you don't mind I would like the guns to fucking stay off me"[/b] There was the sound of laughing coming down the road making them all turn. [b]"Oh shit[/b][/color]

[color=indigo]Jason stood laughing watching the scene unfold as three guys stood on each side holding automatic carbines. [b]"I see you have made some new friends Kyle. Too bad your always being outsmarted by your other half. I always was better"[/b] His cloak blew in the wind as other gang members appeared on the rooftops and began stepping out of buildings. Weapons on both sides were drawn as Jason held up his staff and pulled on one end bringing out his special crimson blade. [b]"Time to die...brother"[/b] He began laughing as a single shot was heard hitting the man right next to him. Jason turned to see four vans at the end of the road. Two teams of bounty hunters were standing outside of them with various weapons drawn. [b]"Well more blood to cover these brown lands"[/b] Two fo the vans speed forward as the area erupted into chaos. Bullets flew back and forth as the hunters and gang members took cover. The crimson Slayer stared down the two vans barreling towards him, the bullets from the drivers and the front passengers hitting the ground around him making the dirt fly up into the air. He flipped up and landed on the nearest vans hood. [b]"Hi"[/b] He slammed hsi sword into the driver's head the ran over the roof and landed on the next one as the front one barreled out of control towards the group. Jason stuck his sword through the engine and flipped up as it erupted into flames. He took off running towards the group. As he passed Fang he whispered into her ear. [b]"The Royal Dragon inn. Room 13"[/b] He disappeared into the shadows leaving everyone to fend for themselves.[/color][/size]

[FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][I]Interesting...[/I]Fang thought neutrally. For the moment, that was all she could think. [I]No Black Hawk, we've been with Jason Ashcraft, The Crimson Slayer the whole time, the real Kyle is here and he has some problems with his twin. The Crimson Slayer just killed two bounty teams, but left Team 13 alive, and he was so close! And then there are still a few gang members of the Slayer's left and they're about to start shooting again. Interesting.[/I]

The exploding truck being flipped through the air had surprised some of the Slayer's own men, but not Fang. Fang drew her ASPs and started shooting. Six shots were fired from her each of handguns. Ten gang members went down, as did two remaing members from another bounty team. Fang immediately reloaded despite have one shot left in each gun. Those were always saved just in case. A stray bullet caught her left shoulder, making her hiss. She ducked behind a building and decided to let the others finish the battle. Her companions, she noted idly, were very good shots. Fang was not even the one with the highest body count. It did not take long for them to clear the area of enemies.

"I guess that's another failed attempt for both the Black Hawk [I]and[/I] the Slayer," stated Jonah with a little irritation shading his voice.

Kyle, the [I]real[/I] Kyle, turned to Fang. "My brother said something to you and I want to know what it was," he demanded.

"Why are you acting like I did something? I'm injured here!" yelled Fang as she pointed to the blood flowing from her shoulder.

"Relax, people," Tessa sighed. She turned to Fang with the smallest of smiles and helped her bandage her wound. Turning to the whole group she said, "We have important things to worry about right now."

Lumine nodded in agreement and turned to Kyle. "Do you have any idea what his next move is? Do you know about the other bounties, Black Hawk and Errant Thorn?"

Before Kyle could speak, Fang interrupted. "I want to go to the hospital now," she near whined. "Let me have one of the trucks."

"It isn't even a bad injury," Tessa said, shaking her head in exasperation. Fang was pretty sure she could tell what the older girl was thinking: cute, but absolutely useless. "You can wait--"

"If you don't want me to take one of our trucks, let me take a van." Fang motioned to the only van not destroyed by the fire. "If I don't treat this now, it could get infected. What if I get hit again in this spot?"

After several painful minutes of whining, Fang got her wish. She went to an undestroyed van, found the key still in the ignition, and drove away from her pissed teammates. Of course, she did not drive to the hospital. Tessa was right. The wound was nothing. Fang knew pain, and some bullet barely grazing her flesh in no way counted as pain. Within no more than a half hour, having gone over the speed limit most of the time, she reached the Royal Dragon.

Walking into the inn, she immediately noticed how luxurious everything was. Fang expected no less for a place The Crimson Slayer would stay at. After asking a worker where room 13 was, the innocent-faced girl made her way down a secluded hall to an ornately carved door. She pulled the key with crimson markings from her pocket and was unsurprised that it unlocked the door.

"I normally kill people who hit a sweet little girl like me," Fang said as she walked in. Her lips quirked into an empty smile. It was the kind of expression seen on wolves' before they tear apart their prey. "I didn't even get to take my time killing the people who shot at me. Do you know how annoying that is, my dear Crimson Slayer?"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]"Now, why the hell did we let [I]that[/I] happen?!" Tessa yelled, pointing at the truck Fang was currently driving away. "Now we don't have a way out of this shit hole!" She hated teams, she hated teams, she hated teams. This was all Tessa could think about. She knew Fang wasn't hurt, she knew she wasn't heading off to the Hospital.

And here the rest of them were, fucked. All that was left was motionless bodies and an unusable truck. They were stranded here. Ashcraft had just finished off the last so-called rival bounty hunter. This was nuts.

"What are we gonna do, huh?" She spun around, staring down her three teammates. She had been about to shoot out Fang's tires, but realized that wouldn't have done any good. Just woulda left her with a pissed off little girl and absolutely no means of transportation unless they found spare tires around. Which wouldn't have been likely.

"... I guess we wait," Jonah was the first to reply. Ashcraft sighed and pulled his fingers through his hair.
"We're going to have to trust her enough to come back," He said. Tessa gave a mock look of amusement on her face.
"Heh, yeah. Right. I can't even trust you people. I mean..." She gestured toward Ashcraft, "I just thought recently you were the Crimson Slayer. Hell, I still can't be sure. You could be shitting me for all I know. Plus, I don't even know [I]you[/I]." She flicked her gaze to Jonah. He shrugged.
"That's not my fault," He said in his defense.
"Whatever. I need a drink," Tessa squeezed her eyes shut and then slumped down to the ground, her back against a building wall. Lumine silently stood by her, not saying a word as she vented. "Man, why did I even take on this nut-case job?" She thought for a moment. "Oh yeah... James. That asshole. Last time I go to his bar for my personal vacation." Her eyes darkened and she lowered her gaze to the dusty ground.
"This sucks."[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Jonah could see that Tessa was pissed; he quietly chuckled to himself as they all stood in silence, his chuckle grew louder and then burst into a full blown laugh. Everyone looked up and stared at him, he wiped away the tears behind his glasses. Tessa finally cracked and yelled at him.

[B]?What?s so funny??[/B] her voice bounced off the buildings giving it a slight echo.

[B]?You, you are funny, this whole situation is hilarious.? [/B] Jonah had reverted back to his fun loving side, besides there was no one to kill now.

[B]?How is this funny?? [/B] Tessa but a lot of emphasis on the word ?this? she pointed around to the dead bodies and burning cars, Jonah?s laughing was only serving to make Tessa angrier, he held up his hands in defense.

[B]?Personally, I love team work, it?s in my blood. You need to relax a bit more, look around; personally I?ve been a lot worse situations. You are still alive, your boyfriend is still alive,?[/B] he motioned towards Lumine. ?[B]Ashcraft is? Ashcraft, I trust him?don?t know why but anyway. Fang isn?t a little girl; she is quite capable of taking care of herself.?[/B] Jonah stopped his rambling and began to walk away from the group still chuckling.

[B]?Where are you going?? [/B] Ashcraft yelled after Jonah.

[B]?I?m going to do a little recon, your all welcome to come along??[/B] his speech trailed off at the end and turned into a half yelled mumble. Jonah wasn?t that far from the group at all, he began rummaging through bodies that weren?t burnt looking for info on other bounties that they mightn?t have. He yelled back to Tessa.

[B]?You wont get to know me if you just sit there!? [/B] This wasn?t what he really had in mind for recon but given their current situation it was better than nothing. He hoped to god that Fang knew what she was doing; everyone must have known that she most likely wasn?t going to the hospital. Fang's wound wasn?t that bad, [I]you be careful missy[/I], he thought. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Edit: ooc:This twin thing is confusing me! ahh well.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=indigo]Jason watched as Fang came walking through the doors like she was in charge. [b]"I didn't even get to take my time killing the people who shot at me. Do you know how annoying that is, my dear Crimson Slayer?"[/b] She stopped as she took in the emtpy room.

The back of Jason's hand caught her in the face sending her spinning to the ground. [b]"You have some nerve girl"[/b] He walked around her smiling down as she slowly sat back on her knees, blood trickling from the side of her left cheek down across her chin.

[b]"Well I am not the one who didn't take into plan about having the person who I was pertending to be show up...[/b] Fang found herself slammed against the wall with Jason's hand around her throat just pressing hard enough to make her gasp for breath but not straggling her all together.

Jason leaned in close, his red eyes blazing as his hair fell across his face. He looked like a dragon ready to go on the rampage. [b]"You know that I could kill you right here and now. I own this inn so no one will come if you scream Xue. My brother is only a minor setback but will become an ace for me later on when I dispose of him and take his place once again."[/b] He pressed on her wound as he leaned in close to her feeling the beating of her heart through his chest. [b]"I know want you want. Just like everyone in the group you want something that I can give you."[/b] He stared deep into her eyes and let his grip lessen a bit as he kissed her on the lips then drew back after a pause and let her slump to the floor. [b]"The maids will dress that wound and then you will head back to begin the first of your jobs for me. If you can do this right and the ones after you may get your wish after all. You are too drive back and tell them you went to the hospital and they will asked to see your wound which will have been properly care for as a doctor would. You will take a van back and you will get close to my brother. Do what 'ever' it takes to make him trust you with his life. I know you can do this"[/b][/color]

[color=darkred]Kyle looked around and saw a broken down inn off to the side street. [b]"That is where we will stay until that girl comes back. If she is not back before dawn then we will depart without her"[/b] He saw Jonah began to walk off. [b]"Where are you going?[/b] Jonah smiled. [b]"I am going to do a little recon. Your welcome to join me[/b] Kyle shook his head and turned to Tessa. [b]"I need to talk to you"[/b] He noticed Lumine edge his way closer. [b]"Alone if you don't mind being apart from your girl for a few minutes uhhh Sorry but I do not know any of your names but that can wait. If you don't mind..[/b] He made a gesture as Tessa walked past him and rounded a building corner.

[b]"What is it Kyle? and my name is Tessa."[/b]

Kyle held out his hands. [b]"Nice to meet you. But you need to be careful. Me and my brother are almost identical except for the fact he enjoys his life of crime and blood, while I try to rid the world of that. He has taken a liking to you. You fascinate him just like you fascinate me. Your friend as I have overheard hit Jason. He hade an extremelt idiotic move and Jason has most likely target him since he is used to getting his way and he stands between him and you. If you do not seperate yourself from him, he will most likely end up dead, but not without suffering a great deal of pain. I know it will cause him a great deal of pain but it is something you must do. I know you do not want his death on your mind for the rest of your life"[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][color=slategray]Tessa listened to the [I]real[/I] Kyle Ashcraft talk. She fiddled with her gloves, not trying to show any concern of what he was discussing. "... I know you don't want his death on your mind for the rest of his life." He finally finished. She could tell he was staring at her, waiting for a reply. But she continued playing with her gloves, as if pretending he wasn't there at all. "... Tessa?" He asked sharply. She raised her eyes and met his gaze. Letting her arms drop back to her sides, she looked back at Lumine.
"Yeah, whatever," She said nonchalantly. They were silent for a moment, then she shot him a sly look. "So, you say I fascinate you, huh? Sorry, but I'm not in the market for romance. I'm actually considering becoming a lesbian." She smirked at the surprised expression on his face.
"Er... no-," He began, but Tessa cut him off.
"Save it," She held a hand up for him to stop talking. "Besides, I was just joking anyway." She spun around and went back to Lumine.

She'd keep her word to Ashcraft. He had a point... she didn't want to be responsible for Lumine's death, he didn't deserve that crap.
Once she was back at Lumine's side, she cupped her hand around his cheek and lifted herself slightly, kissing him tenderly on the lips. Once she backed up, she almost immediately began to walk away, toward Jonah.
"Sorry," She called back over her shoulder to a bewildered Lumine.

"I see you've joined me," Jonah said, rummaging through a bag he found slung around the shoulder of one of the corpses.
"Yeah. As long as you're not gonna be a smart ass," Tessa replied. He stood up straight, waving something in front of her face. A flask.
"I bet you anything this is that drink you wanted," He said, grinning. Tessa grabbed it.
"Okay, fine. I forget every word we exchanged before, you're now my best friend," She linked her arm with his and twisted open the cap. She sniffed it and then bolted half the flask's contents. Malt whiskey.
"Ah, I woulda liked some sort of vodka arrangement better, but this still hits the spot. Want a sip?" She raised an eyebrow at Jonah.
"You're actually offering?" He raised an eyebrow in return. He reclaimed his arm from her's and shook his head. "No thanks, I'll continue searching for now. Enjoy." He waved her back to the whiskey.
Tessa shrugged and drained the rest.[/color][/size]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]She'd keep her word to Ashcraft, the[b][i][u] real[/u][/i][/b] Ashcraft.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black]
[b][i][color=royalblue]"Sorry,"[/color][/i][/b] She called back over her shoulder to a bewildered Lumine after kissing him on the lips.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Sorry? What the hell does [u]that[/u] mean?"[/i][/b][/color] Lumine shouted to Tessa, who now, was walking away from him. Lumine couldn't afford to lose someone that he enjoyed being around. [b][i]He didn't want to go back inside of his dormant mind, sheltered by everyone and everything...[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]He didn't want to go back to the [b][i][u]darkness[/u][/i][/b] that was once himself... [/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Tessa had made him feel [b][i]more[/i][/b] like a person rather than a bounty hunter.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Tessa was emptying a flask's contents into her mouth, seeming satisfied that she found something to give her a buzz. Lumine, however, didn't care about her drinking alcohol. He just wanted to know why she said what she said.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As Jonah walked away from Tessa, who had finished the flask, Lumine half-walked, half-ran to Tessa who had heard him coming long before he had reached her. She flung her arm out towards Lumine,[b][i] her hand containing her military outfitted handgun.[/i][/b] The laser was pointed towards his heart.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]She had pointed her weapon at [u]him[/u]?!?[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine knew what this meant. [/size][size=3][b][i][u]Tessa and Lumine were no more.[/u][/i][/b][/size][size=3] Lumine buckled as his knees hit the ground, grounded from the shock that she had pulled her weapon out on him. Lumine hung his head low to the ground, devastated.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=royalblue][b][i]"I'm sorry Oma-"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Lumine."[/color][/i][/b] he said, looking up at Tessa, his face in a rage. [color=darkgreen][b][i]"My name is Lumine."[/i][/b][/color] He picked his body from the ground, standing up, and walked away from his one-time [b][i][u]actual[/u][/i][/b] friend. As he walked off, he looked at Ashcraft, the real Ashcraft, and disgusted, pulled out his [b][i]Desert Eagle[/i][/b]. Lumine fired a single round, richocheting off the ground [b][i]inches[/i][/b] from Kyle's leg. Kyle semi-flinched, trying not to look afraid at the sudden attack by Lumine.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"By the way,"[/color][/i][/b] Lumine said to Kyle, walking up to his face. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"I don't like [u]you[/u] or your brother. For all I care you can [u]both[/u] go to Hell."[/color][/i][/b] Tears covered his face from the 'talk' with Tessa, his eyes bloodshot grey from anger.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Not my concern."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle said, staring back at Lumine. [b][i][color=darkred]"My [u]only[/u] concern is that I keep you and everyone else on the team from becoming dead at the hands of my brother."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Well, "[/color][/i][/b] Lumine countered. [color=darkgreen][i][b]"My [u]only[/u] concern is if you had something to do with Tessa not talking to me again, [u]i'll crush you[/u]. And [u]that's[/u] a promise."[/b][/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine spun away before Kyle could come up with an argument to make a comeback with.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Lumine was pissed to say the [u]very[/u] least.[/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]As he sat on the ground from crazed thoughts roaming around in his head at light speed, beginning to feel the [b][i]'killer'[/i][/b] inside of him resurface to the top of his mindset. This was why he was first hired by [b][i]'The Organization'[/i][/b]. Because of his infinite [b][i]rage [/i][/b]consuming him when the [b][i]Crimson Slayer[/i][/b] had murdered his family. Now, once again, [b][i][u]he had enough.[/u][/i][/b] Losing Tessa,[b][i][u] his friend[/u][/i][/b], was about the worst thing that could happen to him right now.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Now he didn't care anymore. He just wanted Tessa away from him and the [u]Crimson Slayer[/u] dead.[/i][/b] [/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine holstered his [i][b]Desert Eagles[/b][/i] and [b][i]pulled out a long titanium wire, the ends protected by rubber grips for Lumine EPG's.[/i][/b] He held the wire in both hands, admiring the toy he hadn't brung out in a long time.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][u][color=darkgreen]"Time to play."[/color][/u][/i][/b] Lumine said.
[/size][/font]

[size=1][color=slategray]Throwing the now empty flask off to the side, Tessa raised her head and stared at the sky. She stared at the vast blue-ness until spots from the blaring sun began to form in her vision. She blinked, lowered her head, and rubbed her eyes.

Waiting was a bitch.

She'd lost sight of Jonah and Ashcraft. But Lumine was still there, sitting a few yards off. Her eyes wandered to him. A sudden jolt of regret made her turn around though, taking him out of her line of sight.
She walked over to a crumbling building, the window had been long since shot out, so she climbed in. It was dark, but beams of light shone through the decaying ceiling. She went down to her knees, the floor was surprisingly soft, so she decided to lay down.
Putting a hand on her gut, Tessa curled up into a ball, resembling the fetal position. She didn't really care if anyone found her or not. She'd rather be hidden, at least have some time to think.

But then she realized she didn't have anything left to think about. Everything was gone, her chances were nonexistant. She rubbed her gut softly, squeezing her eyes shut. Yeah, her chances were definitely nonexistant.
She was beginning to think to just get out of this. Slip off, something. Get a boring ass office job and live in an actual apartment for once. Not crash at some bar. Maybe get a nice pet, adopt a kid.
Tessa gave herself a bitter smirk in the dark.

Get real, she thought to herself.[/color][/size]

[FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Fang was a shaken after meeting with the Crimson Slayer. Her heart sped up just thinking about the incident. Angering the Crimson Slayer was foolish, but she could not resist the rush. She noticed her hands would not stop shaking as she drove back to the ghost town. It was the perfect mix of fear and giddiness for her. She stopped one mile away from town and took in deep breaths, not continuing until she had a calm facade firmly in place.

Her teammates were, unsurprisingly, not where she left them. The only one who mattered at the moment was Kyle. As the Crimson Slayer said, she was to do whatever it took to get close to him. Fang felt no remorse for her actions. Aside from the fact that denying an order from the Slayer meant a death wish, she had her own reasons for doing what he told her.

After parking the van at the edge of the city, Fang began her search for her team. Her eyes flashed as she spotted Kyle. Alone. Perfect.

"Where did our happy little group run off to?" asked Fang as she sidled up to him. Kyle narrowed his eyes slightly at her.

"Apparently, everyone wants to do some reconnaissance. Did you really go to the hospital?" he asked bluntly, to which Fang pulled off her coat to show her cleanly wrapped shoulder.

"How about knowing my name before jumping down my throat? We have to get along with each other, you know." Extending her hand, Fang continued, "I am Xue Fang Craft, and I'm not used to working with peers. I'm selfish, I know. Maybe someone just needs to break my habits. Can we be on friendlier terms?"

She flicked her tongue over her lower lip and smiled innocently at Kyle, who looked surprised before grabbing her outstretched hand. Fang tried not to laugh at her own sick sense of humor when she noticed he had a firm handshake, but it was not as firm as the grip the Crimson Slayer had while choking her.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1][color=indigo]Jason watched as the sun set and the moon cast an errie light over the told town. Xue was working on getting close to Kyle and for some reason Tessa and Omari were mad at each other. Oh well it all worked out for him. All he had to do was wait and see how they faired against Black Hawk. He looked down at the truck he had brought for the group and the note on it saying. [b]To bring you closer to your doom. The Crimson Slayer[/b]. He turned and disappeared into the night.[/color]

[color=darkred]Kyle watched his brother leave the rooftop. [b]"Don't worry brother I will kill you"[/b] Unfortuantly he would need the entire group to do it. And something was tugging at him. That Fang girl was up to something he just didn't know what yet. Lumine was now a waiting time bomb and was going to be a problem later on. He shrugged his shoulders and laid down on the floor and tried to get some sleep.[/color][/size]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]However his[b][i] sleep[/i][/b] didn't last long...[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Wake up, Ashcraft."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"What do you want?"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle asked Lumine, pissed that he was awakened.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Can I talk to you?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"About what?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"The Crimson Slayer, of course."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Kyle searched through his memory banks for why Lumine would need information on the Crimson Slayer. [u]Nothing[/u]. He took a stab at the dark and asked.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Why?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine sat down towards Ashcraft, face devoid of emotion [b][i]all while he talked[/i][/b]. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"Do you remember that diplomat figure trying to outlaw bounty hunters [u]for good[/u]?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Ashcraft's mind clicked, understanding now. [b][i][color=darkred]"Yeah, I sure do. His name was uh...,"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle began searching his memory banks again. [b][i][color=darkred]"His name was [u]David Vallejo[/u], and his wife's name was [u]Serena Vallejo[/u], right?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Yeah."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine said. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"The Crimson Slayer killed them all, right?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Kinda,"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle said, confusing Lumine.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"What do you mean by 'kinda'?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"My brother wasn't the only one who wanted the guy dead. You have to keep in mind that Vallejo was going to end [u]all[/u] bounty hunter's carrers back then."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"How? He wasn't guilty for anything yet, was he?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"You see, the[/color][color=darkred] Vallejo's were going to be responsible for finishing the bounty hunters lives, who in turn, stopped the criminals. No bounty hunters [u]equals[/u] more crime, get it?"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle sat up, interested by this conversation. [b][i][color=darkred]"When Vallejo began to make speeches on T.V. issuing out the removal on bounty hunters around the world, the hunters never gave it much thought then."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle cleared his throat before continuing. [b][i][color=darkred]"But, as he became more and more [u]famous[/u], making more and more [u]speeches...[/u]"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"He became [u]more[/u] of a [u]threat[/u]."[/i][/b][/color] Lumine stated catching on.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Exactly."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"And that's when my seniors wanted him to die."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine added. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"They said it was supposed to be just the diplomat. Quick and efficient. [u]No evidence[/u]."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Kyle countered, [b][i][color=darkred]"Well you had got an [u]easy[/u] mission to carry out.[u] I was told[/u] to eliminate the entire Vallejo line, [u]preferably at the same time[/u]."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Why the [u]entire[/u] family line?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Because that way, no other [u]blood relative[/u] could continue in his footsteps."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Lumine stopped for a second before thinking straight again, but Kyle was concerned from the [b][i]half-second lapse[/i][/b] in Lumine's thoughts.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"You getting all this?"[/color][/i][/b] He stated.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Fine. Just lost my train of thought. Continue."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Anyway, [u]my brother[/u] must've gotten the same message also because he was there with his comrades [u]Black Hawk[/u] and [u]Errant Thorn[/u]. They decimated the entire family line while watching David Vallejo speak that day."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle thought back to the day when it all happened. [b][i][color=darkred]"Yeah, [u]the Crimson Slayer[/u] took out most of the Vallejo line."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"And you?"[/color][/i][/b] Lumine stated. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"Did you get any [u]kudos[/u] for killing?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkred]"Nah,"[/color][/i][/b] Kyle stated, throwing his hand at the air. [b][i][color=darkred]"Even though [u]I shot David Vallejo dead[/u], everyone thought that the Crimson Slayer did most of the work since he was at the scene."[/color][/i][/b] Kyle began to shake his head. [b][i][color=darkred]"He always was the sloppy one in the family."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"...Yeah."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine stated.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][b][color=darkred]"Can I ask you a question now?"[/color][/b][/i] Kyle asked.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"What?"[/i][/b][/color] Lumine said, looking at Kyle.[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Why'd you ask me a question that happened [u]over 20 years ago[/u]?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Lumine stood up before answering the question.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"Because he was the biggest bounty at the time and I never got the chance to try for myself."[/color][/i][/b] Lumine cracked a smile. [b][i][color=darkgreen]"I hated the Slayer for taking away my bounty and I vowed to kill him whenever I got the chance."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"You held a grudge for 20 years?"[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkgreen][b][i]"Yeah."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3]Alex stared at Lumine for a coulple of seconds before talking again. [b][i][color=darkred]"You do know that if my brother wasn't there, [u]I[/u] would've killed the family instead, right?"[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i]Lumine said nothing.[/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"You still wouldn't have gotten there in time."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][b][i][color=darkgreen]"...Yeah, I guess you're right. ...Anyway, go to sleep, Kyle. Sorry to bother you."[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=darkred][b][i]"Okay. G'night."[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][i][b][color=darkgreen]"Night."[/color][/b][/i] Lumine said, turing around before walking off. His gloves tightened from the thoughts running around in his head.[/size][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=3][color=black][b][i]Lumine had all the information he needed to know...[/i][/b][/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=slategray]Tessa had drifted off to sleep on the dirt floor to the building. She hadn't been in a deep sleep, so the rumbling of the motor had processed in her brain. As soon as her eyes opened, she shot up. After stumbling over to the glassless window, she leaned out, curious.
Night had fallen while she'd napped. But she could just barely see the dark shape of the truck at the clearing between some buildings. She lifted herself over the wall, which proved to be difficult. Her body was so worn out that she felt like her legs were made out of lead. The only thing she accomplished was falling over and getting a mouth full of dusty dirt. Well, at least she was out of the building.

Tessa coughed and spit out the particles of dirt. She nearly gagged from the bitter taste, but she recovered and picked herself up.
She slowly made her way to the truck, not encountering anyone on her little journey. If Fang was back, why the hell weren't they out of this ghost town? Tessa was beginning to question the intelligence of this group. Oh well, at least they could head out first thing in the morning. It'd be a tight fit with the five of them in the single truck, but they'd have to make do.
Once in front of the truck, Tessa hoisted herself up onto the hood. She was in for another long wait. She was used to being in a more fast-paced environment. She yawned and layed back, taking in the view of the night sky.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Jonah had all but disappeared after he told everyone he was going to look for some information amongst the carnage. Truth be told, he found some, but it could wait until morning, when everyone was awake. Hopefully they would all be in a better mood then they had been. He still couldn?t figure out why Tessa and Lumine were pissed at one another.

He had been walking around the ghost town for some time, by the time he decided to walk back to where everyone else was it was already well into the night. Everyone seemed to be asleep, save for him, sleeping never really was his ?thing?. He did sleep, but they were always catnaps, never any longer than a few hours, sometimes minutes. For the last few hours he had just been walking, nothing more.

He had found some good hiding places, among other things; he took a watch off one of the dead bounty hunters. [I]They don?t need it any more,[/I] he told him self, [I]their time is up[/I], he chucked inwardly at the bad pun. As he walked through the ghost town he looked at his surroundings. Everything was bathed in a strange whitish glow from the moon, the town looked entirely different, he took his glasses off and placed them in his jacket pocket.

Jonah walked back towards where he remembered everyone to be last, sitting in the van was Tessa; he could just make out her facial features although he was standing a while off. She was beautiful; there was no doubt about that fact. He stood there in the open watching her as she watched the sky. Jonah looked up and saw the vast amount of stars; he looked back down at Tessa who had noticed his presence. He was standing to far away for her to see his face clearly, although anyone could tell he didn?t have his reflective glasses on.

Hearing approaching footsteps and not wanting to wait around to see who they belonged too, Jonah looked towards the ground and then back at Tessa before walking back the way he came. [B]?Don?t fool yourself?? [/B] he whispered to nothing. Jonah climbed the ladder to the roof of a near by building some way away. Rubbing his eyes and putting his glasses back on, he propped himself up against a generator box, the only thing on the roof besides him and broken pipe. Crossing his arms behind his head he sat there with one leg out stretched and the other propped up on the broken pipe and waited for the sun to eventually come up. [/SIZE]