OtakuBoards

FF7 Remake Release Date

Cloud_Strife

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]why would they go threw all the trouble to make the escape scene if they didnt live? i mean yea i understand that holy is to defeate all that is dangerous to the world and all... but then it would have to destroy everything that lived, plans, animals, humans, EVERYTHING along with the earth itself because of volcano's floods, earthquakes EVERYTHING must go leaving you with nothing, so that it cant be harmed! anyway i just think that the town was just overrun cause it was a symbol of evil and no one dared live there anymore... i dont think aeris would kill everyone to save the planet because without humans the world is totally different and another species becomes 'civilized' in there own way[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]why would they go threw all the trouble to make the escape scene if they didnt live? i mean yea i understand that holy is to defeate all that is dangerous to the world and all... but then it would have to destroy everything that lived, plans, animals, humans, EVERYTHING along with the earth itself because of volcano's floods, earthquakes EVERYTHING must go leaving you with nothing, so that it cant be harmed! anyway i just think that the town was just overrun cause it was a symbol of evil and no one dared live there anymore... i dont think aeris would kill everyone to save the planet because without humans the world is totally different and another species becomes 'civilized' in there own way[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

You leave me no choice but to pick this apart.

*cracks knuckles*

They would try to make the escape from the crater for obvious reasons. First of all, it's human nature to try to survive. Humans exist to reproduce and continue the race as does any other animal. Secondly, they had no clue as to whether defeating Sephiroth or not would release holy. I believe that it was a "well, it's worth a try" attitude. Why just stay there and wait for death? They did not know in fact if holy would kill them, but more on that later.

Next up on your points is the destruction of all life on earth. Do you remember the part where Buganhagen(Spelling is probably waaaaay off, but bear with me) and the others took a glimpse into the stream and saw Aeris's death? Before they left, they suggested that holy would destroy all life that [I]threatens[/I] Earth. Animals, birds and plants are closely tied with nature and do nothing to harm the planet. Humans on the other hand were responsible for the Shinra organization and robbing of Mako energy from the land. It's as if humans were sucking the life directly out of the planet. Earthquakes, volcanos and floods do nothing to jepordize the planet as a whole. Those natural disasters threaten the creation of man. There has never been an earthquake large enough to destroy the earth. If you believe in a certain theory, one split up the land into continents. That's as far as it goes. Cloud and the others wondered if holy would be directed at their species because of man's destruction on the planet...trust me, it's in there.

Aeris calling holy was a last resort. As you remember, she left Cloud and the others after he totally thrashed her. She obviously recognized Seph's control over him and the fact that he regained the means to summon Meteor. If you were her, you'd feel that there was no way to win. Her prayer to the planet was a last resort and one that only she was capable of doing. Her goal was to save the planet. Aeris was a pure character that would sacrifice her own life to save the planet. To her, as a Cetra, it was most important that it continue to live.

You can only speculate the ending. I believe, as I have said, that the resolution was one of symbolism. Midgar was the central unit of human technology and sin towards the planet. Midgar was the center of the Shinra's power and drained the planet of it's life force. When the planet cries out, it's obviously because of this. To show a prime example of a former center of human life covered in foilage and vestige is a symbol as if to say, "Nature has reclaimed what man has taken." No humans were shown for a reason. If mankind had lived, you would have most likely seen them living in peace with the planet.

*takes deep breath*

true, bugenhagen said that holy would destroy all life that threatened the earth, but did that necessarily mean cloud and co? they fought to protect the planet, I highly doubt that holy would see them as a threat since they just saved its damn azz, the same could be said for red xiii in the ending, it doesn't make no sense to me whatsoever to suggest that only he himself survived at the end, true, he was not a creature that threatened the planet, but neither were cloud and co, I think that holy had spared them and only destroyed the humans that actually threatened the planet....WHAT?!

aeris summoned holy to not only save the planet, but also to save her friends, she loved them all, especially cloud, but she could see the feelings that resided between himself and tifa, and she probably wanted them to live happily, she wanted to see them live their lives in peace, as she wanted for the rest of AVALANCHE, she knew that if she summoned holy that it would mean the destruction of life that threatened the planet, she does not like to see death, but had no choice, she had to save the planet, and if that meant the death of people that were a threat to it, then it was a sacrafice she was more than willing to make, yet she knew for a fact that cloud and co would be spared since they posed no threat to the planet....WHAT?!

at the ending where no human's were shown, I do not think they did not show humans for the reason that they were destroyed from meteor, I think the main purpose of the ending was to show the true promised land, what shinra had been seeking the whole time, which had been right there in front of them the whole time, but could not fully grasp it since the land they resided on became so barren because of themselves, the true meaning of the ending was to show that red xiii had finally found another member of his race, and had had children as well, they could not have shown cloud and the others since they were dead from old age, after all, it is 500 years later, and I do not think showing human's living peacefully would have been of great relevence in the first place, they wanted to show red xiii since he was the only surviving member of AVALANCHE left....WHAT?!

I do agree with you though about only being able to speculate the ending, no one fully knows what happens in the ending, the only people who kow are the creators themselves, and they ain't saying anything, which is not a bad thing, since it brings up many discussions about the ending....WHAT?!

now can you dig it, sucka?!

-Booker S

[I]true, bugenhagen said that holy would destroy all life that threatened the earth, but did that necessarily mean cloud and co?
they fought to protect the planet, I highly doubt that holy would see them as a threat since they just saved its damn azz, the same could be said for red xiii in the ending, it doesn't make no sense to me whatsoever to suggest that only he himself survived at the end, true, he was not a creature that threatened the planet, but neither were cloud and co, I think that holy had spared them and only destroyed the humans that actually threatened the planet....WHAT?! [/I]

[B]WHAT, you ask? I'll tell you what sucka. Let me define holy for everyone.

Holy- 1: Sacred 2: Spiritually pure

For the purpose of this argument, we'll use definition number two. The human race was not spiritually pure, thus preventing it from salvation. Just because Cloud and the others are genuinely good people, does not mean that their race is pure. Humans in general ravaged the planet, selfishly raping it. They took all of it's natural resourses and plunged it into darkness as seen in Midgar. Holy took all of this into consideration. If all of the "good people" lived on they would reproduce and somewhere down the line, their ofspring would make the same mistake. In short, all humans threatened the planet as they are all linked to one another. Red's race however, was spiritually pure and exempt from simply disappearing from the face of the Earth. Look at it in a broader scope. Can you did that?[/B]

[I]aeris summoned holy to not only save the planet, but also to save her friends, she loved them all, especially cloud, but she could see the feelings that resided between himself and tifa, and she probably wanted them to live happily, she wanted to see them live their lives in peace, as she wanted for the rest of AVALANCHE, she knew that if she summoned holy that it would mean the destruction of life that threatened the planet, she does not like to see death, but had no choice, she had to save the planet, and if that meant the death of people that were a threat to it, then it was a sacrafice she was more than willing to make, yet she knew for a fact that cloud and co would be spared since they posed no threat to the planet....WHAT?![/I]

[B]Once again, I'll tell you what. You can only speculate in this case. Honestly, it didn't seem like she cared about Tifa's feelings when she went and asked him for a date at the Gold Saucer(the real date that's supposed to happen, statistically). I feel that her message in the forest was a "farewell." She knew that Cloud and the others would be wiped out, but it had to be done for the planet. As a Cetra it is in her blood to protect the Earth, regardless of her feelings. It is her sacred duty. Sacred is the first part of my holy definition by the way. Coincidence? Methinks not! This is my yard![/B]

[I]at the ending where no human's were shown, I do not think they did not show humans for the reason that they were destroyed from meteor, I think the main purpose of the ending was to show the true promised land, what shinra had been seeking the whole time, which had been right there in front of them the whole time, but could not fully grasp it since the land they resided on became so barren because of themselves, the true meaning of the ending was to show that red xiii had finally found another member of his race, and had had children as well, they could not have shown cloud and the others since they were dead from old age, after all, it is 500 years later, and I do not think showing human's living peacefully would have been of great relevence in the first place, they wanted to show red xiii since he was the only surviving member of AVALANCHE left....WHAT?![/I]

[B] There were no members of Red's race left. What does this tell me? It tells me that Holy resurrected them. Holy doesn't really take life; holy purifies the planet. If purifying the planet means removing the cancerous species known as humanity and resurrecting Red's race, then so be it. I agree with the first part of that though, about showing the true promised land that was right in front of them. I know that everyone was dead from old age, but showing their ancestors would have been neat.[/B]

[I]I do agree with you though about only being able to speculate the ending, no one fully knows what happens in the ending, the only people who kow are the creators themselves, and they ain't saying anything, which is not a bad thing, since it brings up many discussions about the ending....WHAT?!

now can you dig it, sucka?!

-Booker S[/I]

[B]Pretty well put. I find it nice being able to interpret the ending and entertain other possiblities(even though I'm right!
:smooch: )[/B]

one thing I do not agree with you though, when you said that holy resurrected red's race, I think that is completely false, if you remember just before bugenhagen died, he told red to look for other members oh his race, a mate, if you will, so thats my conclusion about reds part in the ending....

now, lets just hope the ending in the ff7 remake on the ps2 is slightly more....detailed, lol....

[size=4][color=red]Hi kids, it's JC again!
Yes, the PS 1 games do play on the PS 2...[B]BUT[/B] there have been a great many complaints about errors {i.e.:the save menu is seriously messed up and can't be worked}, so they may be remaking them to clear that up. But that's just my two cents...[/size][/color]

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!

nooooo!!!!11

i need the stoopid ps2! do u want to know wut's unbelievable? i got my ps one year before they released ps2! now that's unbelievable! i knew i shuda waited! sigh* i also picked ddr over ps2 and this is only a month before i find out that they are remaking ff7! i just know that they're going to change it! i just know they're going to refine it! omgomg! aieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

as someone who doesn't know too much about FF7, here's what I thought when I saw the ending.

I'm not sure how Red got lucky, and who his kid's mother is, but... yeah, that's all I've got to say about that.

About humans surviving. I think they did. I mean, if you wait until the very end of the end sequence, you can hear children laughing. Conclusive evidence. [SIZE=1](hope no-one notices I don't know what I'm going on about.)[/SIZE]

Were the weapons (or at leart the first one) trying to protect the promised land? Is that why it attacked Midgar, because Midgar IS the promised land? I doubt that, actually. I mean, if it was, then wouldn't Aeris have realised that when she was there?

Does it even matter? DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?! DON'T I?!

...Yeah. The re-make should be good.

Children are a beginning of life; they are full of it with happiness. I believe that the children laughing were meant to represent Red's children. After all, Red can talk, so why can't they laugh like people? Them laughing symbolizes the newfound life in Red's race.

Note: I really don't believe that there were any more of Red's species before holy. I was all over the world map and I didn't find even one of those critters.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Note: I really don't believe that there were any more of Red's species before holy. I was all over the world map and I didn't find even one of those critters. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think we were supposed to look for more of reds kind, its a huge planet, and we couldn't explore all of it :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]
Note: I really don't believe that there were any more of Red's species before holy. I was all over the world map and I didn't find even one of those critters. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]I found one. I found RedXIII. You said you "never found [u]ONE[/u]" [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=indigo]I found one. I found RedXIII. You said you "never found [u]ONE[/u]" [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

*Hits Cloud with the common sense wand*

I also said, [B]anymore of Red's species.[/B] It means I didn't find one other than the almighty Red XIII.