OtakuBoards

FF7 Remake Release Date

Cloud_Strife

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud_Strife [/i]
[B][B]Sephiroth told us that Squaresoft had confirmed that they would remake FF7 for the Playstation 2, does anyone know when that is set to release?[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

They've confirmed it!?!? Last i heard there was No-Way. Thats a sudden change of direction.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Why exactly would they want to remake it anyway? Unless they just want the graphics enhanced? Because as far as I can tell, it rules the world how it is...and the PS games are supposed to run on the PS2 right?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Who Cares? Yay!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]strong news leaked out of square about them re-making ff7/8 and possibly 9 on the ps2, yes, I did get this from a reliable source, and so far they have never let me down.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=orangered][size=1]Yes, Square confirmed this information some months ago.

Although I don't believe that they stated exactly what they were doing with these games...

however, I've heard rumors which suggest that they would be putting FFVII, VIII and IX on one single DVD and that they'd ship with enhanced visuals and extra secrets.

Talk about the ultimate Final Fantasy collector's item ;)[/color][/size]

[b]IF I get a PS2, and they're all on ONE disc, then heck,..I'm buying 'em/it
But if I DON'T have a PS2, or I DO but they're all SEPERATE, then no...not now, not ever...because I'm not willing to spend 50 pounds on three games I already have, just for the voice-overs (which I probably won't like) and better graphics..I'd rather buy Ridge Racer 5..[/b]:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=orangered][size=1]
however, I've heard rumors which suggest that they would be putting FFVII, VIII and IX on one single DVD and that they'd ship with enhanced visuals and extra secrets.

Talk about the ultimate Final Fantasy collector's item ;)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

my god, if they did that, I would trade my pc in for it! *no kidding, my pc sucks*

mmm, ultimate collectors item....*begins to foam at the mouth*

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Excellent news!!:eek: Will it have voices on it? Or more or less things to do? Or extra characters (I doubt it)?

Well, as you can see from my other posts... I am not anywhere near beating VII, so I have made a vow to complete that before I buy VIII, and so forth until X.

Nice pic Chick:D [/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
if they remade ff7 that would be the best thing that could possibly ever happen, i still don't see the big deal about people wanting to revive aeris, it would make the game far too easy unless you could revive her after defeating sephiroth, yeah that'd be cool redXIII figures out how to revieve aeris, and cloud gets revived too, that'd be sweet, oh and i know this is way of the topic, but at the beggining of ff7 when your in the begginers hall, the woman near the save point says to look out for secret what the hell is that:confused:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by onewingedangel [/i]
[B]i still don't see the big deal about people wanting to revive aeris, it would make the game far too easy unless you could revive her after defeating sephiroth, yeah that'd be cool redXIII figures out how to revieve aeris, and cloud gets revived too,

that'd be sweet, oh and i know this is way of the topic, but at the beggining of ff7 when your in the begginers hall, the woman near the save point says to look out for secret what the hell is that:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

people want to revive aeries because the obviously liked her, her death was a surprise to all who played the game....

what are you talking about? cloud gets revived? he never died in the first place....

the woman was talking about other parts of beginners hall to look out for, there is an intermediate hall in junon....

[B]

what are you talking about? cloud gets revived? he never died in the first place....[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that he's referring to the "everyone dies in the ending" theory. Since he referred to Red XIII reviving everyone it's the safest bet. Red reviving everyone doesn't make much sense though....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I'm pretty sure that he's referring to the "everyone dies in the ending" theory. Since he referred to Red XIII reviving everyone it's the safest bet. Red reviving everyone doesn't make much sense though.... [/B][/QUOTE]

dagnabbit, they never died in the end, yes, holy, lifestream and meteor all collided with each other, but aeris was looking over them, she summoned holy to help, I'm sure she was doing it to save her friends, not to kill them and save the planet, it was a happy ending :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]At the end, silly
when Red has those 2 cute Reddies, after finding a mate, like 500 years into the future, when Midgar's all messed up still from the White vs. Black materia thing..[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

I ain't talking about 500 years later, I'm talking about after the whole explosion thing with lifestream and meteor :p

[B]

no, cwb is, him and I have discussed the ending before and he believes everyone was killed by holy.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]You have no solid proof I said that,....but presuming I did (which I didn't [size=1]did[/size]) how was I to know y'all had a talk?[/b]

Darn you Sephiroth! When will you see past this veil of "happiness?" Did they or did they not acknowledge the fact that holy will do away with all that is dangerous to the Earth's well being? Why would Aeris summon holy? To destroy Meteor? Why would it destroy meteor? Because it's dangerous to the planet. Even if it meant sacrificing the entire human race, she would have no choice but to summon it to save the planet. It's all about symbolism, when they show the world overrun by nature and beauty. It's just my take though. Oh it's true, Booker S. It's damn true.