OtakuBoards

9 hour plane ride, what DS game should I get?

Viper0529

A short time ago (a couple of days ago), I caved in and bought a DS lite. I must say that I am very impressed with the design and the sleek graphics. I think that the touch screen is a great idea and I do want to get more games. At the store, I bought the new DS and the New Super Mario game. I am pleased with both a lot, although I was thinking I should get a new one soon.

In a couple of weeks, my family and I are voyaging a 9 hour plane ride to hawaii. Yes, I know that I am a lucky bastard, but that is besides the point. I am looking for a game that is fun, uses the touch screen, and is long or has a lot of replayability. I am just asking for your advice on this. My sanity and cure for painstaking boredom is in your hands.

thanks

Well... I'd have to go with my favourite game. Lost Magic, uses the touch screen... for everything.
If not going for touch screen then I'd play mario & luigi. Animal Crossing is awesome too... if your not going for story and just fun and randomness.

[B]Castelvania Dawn of Sorrow[/B]- This game rocks. Its one of the best Castlevanias since Circle of the moon. If you never played one they are basicly 2D sidescrollers very simialir to metorid for the GBA.It has a lot of RPG elements weapons and spells. Theres very little use of the touch screen.Only when you have to defeat bossess and even then its a huge pain in the ***. The map is also on the bottom of the screen making navagating in Dos much easier then in previous games.
This is a must have for your DS.

I'd say [B]Mario Kart DS[/B]. It's got enough challenge and courses (32) to keep you busy. If racing isn't your thing, [B]Mario And Luigi: Partners in Time[/B] or [B]WarioWare: Touched[/B] will keep you going for a while, moreso the former than the latter.

[color=darkred]If you're going to be playing for the whole nine hours, then I suggest Mario Kart DS. As well as just attempting to complete the four engine modes available, you can go ahead and try to max out your rank in each race to the triple star ranking. Plus, there's Mission Mode, which is kind of lengthy in its own right if you choose to max that out to triple star ranking too.

If I was to go on a nine hour plane ride though, I would invest in several games to keep me occupied, such as New Super Mario Bros. and Animal Crossing DS, just in case you get bored with the one, and assuming you have the money.[/color]

Bring 15 manga's thats waht I did and I was happy with my 10 hour flight to california. But if I must I will suggest a few ds titles.

Castlevania dawn of sorrows-good graohics new weapons sytems nice enemies and fungamplay. A msut have for any action fan.

Poyo pop fever-I tmay not look liek it has much milage but it does. It like teris on acid. You put various different looking cute boogers together and they dissapear. It is extrordinarly fun. You gotta play it.

Mario 64 ds- If you liked the origonal you will ove this one. Nice graphics open ended gameplay. It's completely and utterly awesome.

Pokemon fire red-Yes I know it's a advance gaem but I gotta mention it. Any pokemon game has lots of mileage. Trust me the nostaligia/newstaliga will embrace you. + The game is jsut plain fun.

So have fu nand bring some manga jsut incase you get bored of games. Happy trip and dont step on any of those fish that kill you instantly if you touch them and watch out for box jellies cuz they kill u to later(had to make you a lil paranoid). :catgirl:

Two suggestions:

[B]Mario Kart DS:[/B] You don't just only race, but they have this wicked awesome battle mode.

You can compete for stars, or just pop everyone's balloons. There is also a mission Mode where you have to complete a mission in a given time limit.

[B]Nintendogs:[/B] Hey, you said you wnated something with a touch creen! These doggies are just the cutest! Take 'em for walks, enter 'em in shows, train 'em, and the most important by far...dress them up! No, really they do look cute with the bowtie!