OtakuBoards

The perfect one for you

Guest Mythology

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Guys, let's remember that this thread is about hypothetical [b][i]perfection[/i][/b], not stringent requirements a person needs to fulfill in order to be an eligible candidate for dating. [b]If you've already had sex, does that make you less of a perfect guy?[/b] In the eyes of some people, that answer is [i]yes[/i]. Should you be offended? Not really. No one is attacking you, personally, they're just listing the things they want in some hypothetical partner. (If you [i]haven't[/i] yet had sex, does that make you less attractive in the eyes of some people? Again, the answer is yes. Are there a lot of people who don't give a hoot one way or another? Again, survey says YES.)

Here's a list as an example*:
[indent]-Virgin. I want sex to be something special between just the two of us.
-Tall. I want to be swept off my feet! ...Or at least, not tower over my guy.
-Red hair! I just find it really attractive on a guy, as long as it's not cut super-short.
-Likes photography! What better way to have a picture-perfect history of your relationship than to date a guy who's hobby is taking beautiful pictures?
[/indent]That list doesn't mean that I would never date a non-virgin, any more than it means that I would exclusively date redheads or photographers. We are putting people into categories because, to us, there [i]is[/i] a difference between them, and one side of the coin (or dice) is more attractive to us. That's the point of the thread.

*[i]List does not necessarily reflect the views of the poster.[/i][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo][size=1][font=arial]I don't have a problem with people requiring it, I have a problem with people insulting those who aren't virgins. If people want to date a virgin, that's fine with me - I have trouble understanding the [i]why[/i] but that's a nonissue - but when people start insinuating that people who've had sex and couldn't wait till marriage are worth less than other people I take issue.[/font][/size][/color]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Gray]The "perfect" guy for me would have to be kind, yet agressive. I don't know how that will work out. haha Just playful really and likes to have fun but never goes too far with things. I'd like to have a lot of things in common with him so that we won't run out of stuff to talk about or take part in. ^_^ I want someone to also accept me for me. I don't want him to care about how I look or dress or even think about changing me. My standards aren't that high so yeah.. I [I]think[/I] I met him already. We're not all that perfect together but we've been together for 8 months already. We'll just see how that works out because nothing is ever perfect. [/COLOR]

[quote name='UnknownColor][color=gray]The "perfect" guy for me would have to be kind, yet agressive. I don't know how that will work out. haha Just playful really and likes to have fun but never goes too far with things. I'd like to have a lot of things in common with him so that we won't run out of stuff to talk about or take part in. ^_^ I want someone to also accept me for me. I don't want him to care about how I look or dress or even think about changing me. My standards aren't that high so yeah.. I [i]think[/i'] I met him already. We're not all that perfect together but we've been together for 8 months already. We'll just see how that works out because nothing is ever perfect. [/color][/quote][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Wow I just wanted to say that's amazing!!! Eight months together!!! I would be lucky to have lasted about atleast one month!!! I agree with your standards and I think I've found the "one" too...but we've only been together for four to five weeks now. We both talked about "us' and hope our relationship together lasts.:animesmil Well...sorry just had to say that!!!;)[/color][/font]

[quote name='triblackfire][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Wow I just wanted to say that's amazing!!! Eight months together!!! I would be lucky to have lasted about atleast one month!!! I agree with your standards and I think I've found the "one" too...but we've only been together for four to five weeks now. We both talked about "us' and hope our relationship together lasts.:animesmil Well...sorry just had to say that!!!;)[/color'][/font][/quote]
[COLOR=Gray]Heh, thanks? haha I hope the "one" you found is truly the one for you. ^_^ Eight months together is truly a miracle. I've only had 2 "boyfriends" before him. They weren't that great of boyfriends. heh One was a friend and the other was a jerk who wanted to change me. Both lasted less than a week. I guess third time is truly the charm for me. :animesmil We both hope our relationship will last 3 years from now and even further on. I hope your relationship is the same. ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]The someone just for me.Hmm.

Sorry if this sounds shallow, but you need to look semi-presentable. Dress and grooming wise. Not (completley) because [I]I[/I] do not want to be seen with a slob, but it just shows that you take the time and care how other people view you.
If your hair is longer than mine, please give me a scissors. Thats the only thing that really bothers me is guys with uber long hair.

Personality-wise, a sense of humor is a must. I have been told I am a funny person, and the someone just for me had better laugh at my jokes. TSJFM should also be understanding, a good listener,calm (as in doesn't yell at me...makes me sad), and able to carry a conversation.(I just love to talk.)
He should also be gentle, able to admit he is wrong, prone to cuddling (I love to cuddle too.) and hugging.
I get lonely really easily, so you should have some time to be with me. Or just to call and see how I'm doing.
It would be cool if you could cook too. I don't want to be the only one cooking.

I can't stand smoking. I've been living with it since I was born, and it really irritates my allergies.
So no smokers. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Arial][size=2][color=Black][quote name='Maddox][/color][/size][/font][font=arial][size=2][color=Black']A woman that's able to hold a conversation, mature enough to handle criticism, honest enough to tell you the truth without hours of pointless fluff to pacify her guilt. A woman that's caring, kind and considerate--one that's selfless enough to sacrifice time she could spend with you so that you may work towards goals that will supplement your blooming relationship. A woman that's intelligent enough to realize the difference between love, lust, friendship and wishful thinking. A woman that's not such a coward that she has to resort to the crutch of friendship when rejecting someone. A woman that's not afraid to confront her insecurities and weaknesses. A woman that won't stab you in the back and manipulate your emotions with guilt trips, withdrawal, and endless sulking. A woman that's patient and empathetic enough to help you develop the tools necessary to harbor a long-lasting relationship. A woman that's not so petty as to let a good thing slip through her fingers in favor of shallow, selfish, sexual gratification.[/quote][/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=DimGray]
I think that pretty much sums it up.

[/color][/size]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]The perfect one for me? Truthfully I?m not really interested in dating or guys at the moment, but when I finally do become interested the biggest thing would be that they have to at least like animals. ^_^ Other aspects like honesty, caring and being friendly are important as well. But so long as they are trying their best they don?t have to be perfect. They just have to love my dog like I do and we?ll be set! ^_^[/COLOR]