OtakuBoards

The perfect one for you

Guest Mythology

[quote name='Shi no Tenshi']However, if anyone can find the perfect man, please give me his number.[/quote]
Didn't you hear? He's dating the Pefect Girl. Now we're all screwed.

Despite my previous post, I have a list of thing I would like to see in a girl. And, no. There not all superficial.

-[B]Must be loyal.[/B] I can't love some one who is never happy with me, always going with someone else while saying she's not.
-[B]Must be legally sane.[/B] Pretty self explanitory.
-[B]Dependant.[/B] I don't want someone who has to depend on me for [I]everything[/I].

This one's not really important, just something I find attractive.
-[B]A Martial Artist.[/B] I find girl who can fight very, very hot. Why? I don't know, why don't you?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say that girls for some reason seem to be generally incapable of finding what they want. They seem very adept at [I]identifying[/I] the qualities they desire, but tend to date the "fun" guys and relate their emotions to the very guys that they say that they want. This brings me to a question I'd like to pose to all of the girls:

Why do women choose such bad guys? Isn't it possible to realize that you are dating losers and, you know, [B]STOP[/B]?

[QUOTE=White][...]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][CENTER]Check. Your move.[/CENTER]

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hah, xD

Seriously though. Tu es muy caliente. Or something. I can't speak spanish to save my life.[/size]

[quote name='Morpheus]Why do women choose such bad guys? Isn't it possible to realize that you are dating losers and, you know, [b]STOP[/b']?[/quote]

[size=1]Because we're stupid. Really. Just like all you guys that date sluts and whores.

Honestly.

[/size]

[quote name='Sojiro47']Didn't you hear? He's dating the Pefect Girl. Now we're all screwed.[/quote]

D:

But I am the perfect girl.

In regards to girls always dating the bad guys... I really can't say I've experienced that. I usually go for the silent ones. Or the geeky guys.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I guess I?ll finally put my two cents in so to speak. I don?t really have a list of things I consider perfect in a guy, but rather a list of things I don?t tolerate very well. Number one, no smoking. I have asthma and allergies so I?m sure you can see why such a habit would ruin things for me. To put it bluntly, if he?s smoking, I can?t breathe properly. And if I can?t breathe, that means no sex. I?ve never been one for a totally chaste relationship.

Second, keeping themselves clean. Nothing personal but some guys have yet to figure out what the word deodorant is. It?s downright disgusting to go on a date only to realize that you can smell your date before you even open the door to let them in.

And third. No sports fanatics. Why? Because it gets really old dating someone who will do nothing but go to sports events, watch sports on TV or only talk about sports related topics. I don?t mind some sports, but all the time, even to the point where he won?t go to movies or out to dinner? Yeah, that?s way to extreme for me.

Other than that I?m pretty open as to what I expect. Oh and I guess I should mention honesty. Finding out that he?s been dating someone else at the same time is a big no in my book. [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']And third. No sports fanatics. Why? Because it gets really old dating someone who will do nothing but go to sports events, watch sports on TV or only talk about sports related topics. I don?t mind some sports, but all the time, even to the point where he won?t go to movies or out to dinner? Yeah, that?s way to extreme for me.[/COLOR][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]See, I like sports. And I know enough about sports so that if my new girlfriend happens to be a Sports Fanatic, I can be one too. At the same time however, I'm not a fanatic myself. Meaning I don't care if I watch or miss the big game. This is just another reason why I remain the perfect guy. :animesigh [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]You want them to like anime and manga and not be a nerd? Honey, that's what we in the biz like to call an [b][u]oxymoron[/u][/b]. Besides that, why have a virgin? Having been a virgin myself (it's my dirty, horrible secret) I can safely say that [i]virgins suck in bed[/i]. If you're a virgin too, and you don't know what you like, then things are just going to get very awkward, very fast.[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]
[COLOR=Lime][SIZE=1]Well I know a few guys like a friend of mine who loves anime and manga but they aren't a nerd. [spoiler]Oh and I'm sorta not very smart so whatever [B][I]oxynoron[/I][/B] means you might have to get to me on that.[/spoiler] Why would you want to know if I'm a virgin anyways? Whatever. And to also I do know what I like and things aren't awkward.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Right now at my school no boy is perfect for me but here is the list that some other boy might fit:[/COLOR]

~doesn't smoke
~doesn't drink
~loves anime and manga
~has to be a risk-taker
~outgoing
~not a quiter but a fighter
~has to be a virgin
~loves animals
~likes to go snowboarding
~likes to play videogames
~likes to be himself{ pretty normal}

-well there you have it. if any of you fit this, just pm me okay.

[size=1]

Okay, the virgin thing has come up more than once or twice. Now I'm really curious.

[i]Why does a guy have to be a virgin to be the 'perfect guy'?[/i]

Nearly every girl has said that now, and I totally dissagree. Why would that be on your top 5/10/15 things that you NEED in a guy? Why?

I really don't get it =/

[/size]

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]

Okay, the virgin thing has come up more than once or twice. Now I'm really curious.

Nearly every girl has said that now, and I totally dissagree. Why would that be on your top 5/10/15 things that you NEED in a guy? Why?

I really don't get it =/

[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=slategray]I know. I mean, I'd rather have someone experienced. ;D

And most of you guys don't want smoker or drinkers? What fun is that? I know you Otaku like to party.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]I know. I mean, I'd rather have someone experienced. ;D

And most of you guys don't want smoker or drinkers? What fun is that? I know you Otaku like to party.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
A little drinking here and there is fine, but smoking, I can't stand it. I live in Kentucky, and we have a lot of smokers, and it drives me crazy. Smoking is idiotic. Let's put carcinogens into our body 'cause it's fun! How 'bout NO.

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]I know. I mean, I'd rather have someone experienced. ;D

And most of you guys don't want smoker or drinkers? What fun is that? I know you Otaku like to party.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I don't think I'd have much of a problem with my boy having lost his virginity. It doens't really matter to me... although I don't want some dude who's plowed everyone in the city or something. Overall though I don't think it would really matter.

I could date a smoker... long as they do it in the garage XD

[size=1][color=slategray]Ahaha. Completely understandable. But what happened to people thinking it was sexy to smoke? XD

Yet, I suppose I wouldn't want to date a person that smoked, it's like licking an ashtray. But in that case, I suppose minty gum is your friend.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]

I really don't get it =/

[/size][/QUOTE]
[color=darkred][size=1]

I'm not a virgin... does that make me no longer a candidate for those people?

Haha. The fact that I know what's it's like to be a lover doesn't make me a bad person I don't think. I understand the romantic idea that you'd be each other's "firsts", but as you get older, that's going to get harder and harder to find. As long as protection is involved and things are taken slowly, really nothing will go wrong concerning that. So I don't really understand either.

I think it's useful knowledge. Haha.[/color][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkred]Being a virgin is a good thing...right? Sometimes I think I'm too naive at times, especially when it comes down to love in relationships. Love is used too lightly now adays and that is just WRONG!!! I'm embarrassed to say...but I might lose my virginity with this special someone I have been with. Yet for some reason I'm reluctant to DO it!:animeswea Ya, sounds pathetic in my ears, but I don't think this is the right time for me. Is this bad?:animedepr[/color][/font]

[COLOR=Red]First of all, it aint bad tri, whats been commented above is just a bunch of people whove lost their virginity trying to maintain respect for themselves and for each other (and i type this with as much respect as possible).

Personally i view finding someone who could keep their virginity for a long time a find indeed. Like The Boss said, that really would be harder to find as you get older, and to me that makes the search all the more worthwile. And if your just looking for someone who's good in bed then thats sad, tho i think those were just idle comments. But yeah, if i wind up with nothing, i wouldnt mind taking someone whos already lost their virginity. And looks arent everything to me. If a girl just has the looks and not the skills, she's not worth it in my eyes. :animesigh [/COLOR]

[quote name='orbindo][COLOR=Red']First of all, it aint bad tri, whats been commented above is just a bunch of people whove lost their virginity trying to maintain respect for themselves and for each other (and i type this with as much respect as possible).[/COLOR][/quote]

[size=1]I'm assuming you're talking about meand The Boss. Maybe some other people. Well, Boss already spoke for himself, but I myself find that offensive that you would assume that of me.

*Cough* I just so happen to be a virgin, just for your information.

And if you weren't talking about me [which I doubt, but I digress], having sex doesn't make you a bad person. Losing your virginity isn't a bad thing. Hell, any of us could be 30 years old and married, then would having sex be a 'bad' thing? Nooo, of course not. It's a GOOD thing. It's all up to each person to decide for themselves how to go about thier sexual relationships.[/size]

[quote name='orbindo][COLOR=Red']Personally i view finding someone who could keep their virginity for a long time a find indeed. Like The Boss said, that really would be harder to find as you get older, and to me that makes the search all the more worthwile. And if your just looking for someone who's good in bed then thats sad, tho i think those were just idle comments. But yeah, if i wind up with nothing, i wouldnt mind taking someone whos already lost their virginity. And looks arent everything to me. If a girl just has the looks and not the skills, she's not worth it in my eyes. :animesigh [/COLOR][/quote]

[size=1]Yes, but why is keeping your virginity for a long time something that is so 'sacred'? Why something that should be 'searched for'? Why did you AUTOMATICALLY put virgins and non-virgins in categories, like 'If I wind up with nothing, I'd SETTLE for one' ?

And just because you date someone who's lost thier virginity doesn't mean you're just looking for someone who's good in bed. But if you are planning on having a sexual relationship with someone, I do suppose it would be best if at least one knew what they were doing =/

Anywho. That's not the point. triblackfire, I'm assuming you're well under the age of eighteen... Having to ask if being a virgin is a good thing and all. Don't do it so young, would be my advice. Reluctancy is your concience and your HEART telling you that you're not ready yet. Intimacy is a good thing, but wait. Nothing could be worse than doing something too soon, something you're not ready for. Waiting is not a bad thing at all, it's a great thing. Some people choose to do so at a young age/until they get married, some people make the oposite decision.

I just don't think people should judge on whether or not someone has had sex. That's simply obnoxious.

Honestly.

[/size]

[QUOTE=orbindo][COLOR=Red]First of all, it aint bad tri, whats been commented above is just a bunch of people whove lost their virginity trying to maintain respect for themselves and for each other (and i type this with as much respect as possible).

Personally i view finding someone who could keep their virginity for a long time a find indeed. Like The Boss said, that really would be harder to find as you get older, and to me that makes the search all the more worthwile. And if your just looking for someone who's good in bed then thats sad, tho i think those were just idle comments. But yeah, if i wind up with nothing, i wouldnt mind taking someone whos already lost their virginity. And looks arent everything to me. If a girl just has the looks and not the skills, she's not worth it in my eyes. :animesigh [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Spoken like a true virgin.

Look dude, if you believe virginity is so [i]sacred[/i] that it should be saved till marriage, fine , go for your life. Your wedding night is going to be unsatisfying but that's neither here nor there. Don't go insinuating that people who have [i]done the dirty[/i] are second class citizens though, and don't go assuming we have no respect for ourselves either. Because, man, I'll have you know I have a lot of respect for myself. My virginity - or lackthereof - doesn't factor into that at all.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Ah so I get it.

If I'm no longer a virgin, then that no longer makes me an eligible candidate for dating? If I've had sex, that makes me less of a Perfect Guy? Nonsense.

I really don't think it's fair for anyone to say this about virginity. All those things on your list that you don't like (smoking, bad hygiene, etc) can be turned around. A smoker has the power to quit smoking, someone with bad hygiene has the power to clean him/herself.

However, someone who has lost their virginity can't change that. They can't reverse time and not have sex (though I can't imagine any reason why they would want too anyway).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]Guys, let's remember that this thread is about hypothetical [b][i]perfection[/i][/b], not stringent requirements a person needs to fulfill in order to be an eligible candidate for dating. [b]If you've already had sex, does that make you less of a perfect guy?[/b] In the eyes of some people, that answer is [i]yes[/i]. Should you be offended? Not really. No one is attacking you, personally, they're just listing the things they want in some hypothetical partner. (If you [i]haven't[/i] yet had sex, does that make you less attractive in the eyes of some people? Again, the answer is yes. Are there a lot of people who don't give a hoot one way or another? Again, survey says YES.)

Here's a list as an example*:
[indent]-Virgin. I want sex to be something special between just the two of us.
-Tall. I want to be swept off my feet! ...Or at least, not tower over my guy.
-Red hair! I just find it really attractive on a guy, as long as it's not cut super-short.
-Likes photography! What better way to have a picture-perfect history of your relationship than to date a guy who's hobby is taking beautiful pictures?
[/indent]That list doesn't mean that I would never date a non-virgin, any more than it means that I would exclusively date redheads or photographers. We are putting people into categories because, to us, there [i]is[/i] a difference between them, and one side of the coin (or dice) is more attractive to us. That's the point of the thread.

*[i]List does not necessarily reflect the views of the poster.[/i][/size][/color]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]See, I like sports. And I know enough about sports so that if my new girlfriend happens to be a Sports Fanatic, I can be one too. At the same time however, I'm not a fanatic myself. Meaning I don't care if I watch or miss the big game. This is just another reason why I remain the perfect guy. :animesigh [/FONT'] [/COLOR][/quote]Seems like often the perfect guy is either one, living in a different country than you or two much younger than you are. Not that the age thing is a big deal, but in all honesty I?ve never gone out with a guy who was ten years younger than I am. ;)

As for the virginity issue, I myself do not belong to a religion, but the people I know here who do belong to the LDS/Mormon church consider something like that a huge issue. It?s a sin for someone to have sex outside of marriage so being a virgin when you get married the first time is expected. After that it?s okay if you aren?t but you are still expected to only have sex if you are married to someone. So for many of the kids here they have been raised to expect their partner to be a virgin.

For myself I really don?t care, unless the person is sleeping around all the time and even then it?s only because I don?t want to end up with some of those lovely STD?s running around. Or find out that they cheated on me while we were dating but that too is because I don?t want to be surprised by getting a STD from them because they in turn got it from someone else. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]
That list doesn't mean that I would never date a non-virgin, any more than it means that I would exclusively date redheads or photographers. We are putting people into categories because, to us, there [i]is[/i] a difference between them, and one side of the coin (or dice) is more attractive to us. That's the point of the thread.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]True, but two or three who mentioned it put in lin bold and caps, like it would be like dating Lucifer himself to date someone who'd lost thier virginity. I wan't calling out everyone who mentioned it.

That's all I was reffering to, that it was stated as if it WASN'T an exception, '[b]MUST B V1RG1N!!!111eleventy-one111[/b]'

Whereas 'sweet', 'romantic', 'loves such-and-such-hobby', and anything about preffered personalities were put as a second thought, like if he was litterally THE guy for you and he wasn't a virgin, then he wouldn't even be considered.

So I was just trying to get a reply out of one of those few people by asking them why it was so important. Other that the romantic notion of being each other's 'first time', I don't see the appeal.

[/size]

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]True, but two or three who mentioned it put in lin bold and caps, like it would be like dating Lucifer himself to date someone who'd lost thier virginity. I wan't calling out everyone who mentioned it.

That's all I was reffering to, that it was stated as if it WASN'T an exception, '[b]MUST B V1RG1N!!!111eleventy-one111[/b]'

Whereas 'sweet', 'romantic', 'loves such-and-such-hobby', and anything about preffered personalities were put as a second thought, like if he was litterally THE guy for you and he wasn't a virgin, then he wouldn't even be considered.

So I was just trying to get a reply out of one of those few people by asking them why it was so important. Other that the romantic notion of being each other's 'first time', I don't see the appeal.[/size][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]Looking through the thread, most of the people who posted that as a stipulation are under the age of seventeen. I think (especially at a younger age), it's easy to expect that others hold themselves to the same standards to which you adhere. It's not even necessarily about the romantic notion so much as it is a sign that you share a value and belief system. That is important (and rightfully so) to a lot of people.

I'm a virgin, my first boyfriend wasn't. It didn't bother me, although frankly it was [i]weird[/i] to think about him and his former girlfriend having sex, ha ha...especially since I'd known them both for several years, and during those years it simply hadn't occured to me that they might be having sex. It probably would have bothered me under different circumstances, but the two of them had been in an exclusive, long-term relationship. I wasn't precisely [i]happy[/i] when he told me, but I didn't throw him out on his butt, either. =] We were in a pretty happy relationship at the time, and the fact that he'd had sex with his former girlfriend didn't come into play. He accepted that I wasn't ready to have sex, I accepted that he'd done so already.

And as far as dating in the real world is concerned...most people who highly value the virginity of their partners aren't really the type to interrogate about sexual history on the first date. By the time sexual history comes up in that kind of relationship, it's very likely that the couple will be strong enough to work through whatever problems one person might have with the other's history...or find that compared to how they feel about the [i]person[/i], how they feel about the person's past doesn't matter so much.[/color][/size]