OtakuBoards

2006 Family Values Tour featuring KORN and...Dir en Grey?

GTK

Lineup also includes: Deftones, Stone Sour and Flyleaf

I can't be the only one totally freaking out over this XDDDD Am I right?

In my area (Indiana), this event is gonna be Sunday September 10... though I'm not sure about any place else.

So, anyone else going? (or anyone else going -just- to see Diru? *laughs* I'll probably leave after they play ^^;; which is sad, really... I don't care too much for the other bands, but I can't pass up the chance to see Dir en Grey~ )

It's a bit crazy though O_o I can see Diru getting fairly popular, sort of like Rammstein (especially if they are still crazy live XD )... but I'm not really sure what I think about it. Someone told me you can buy Diru CDs at Hot Topic now too O_O

Not that I'm complaing XD; I mean, I get to see Diru now! *dies* It's a lot cheaper than planning a trip to Japan ^_~

So~ Anyone else have thoughts? (and anyone else in Indy going? XDDDD )

I really wanted to go to this concert. I'm a big fan of both Stone Sour and KoRn. Sadly though I [u]have[/u] to work. I guess earlier on in the tour Jonathan Davis got sick or something and so for a few songs Corey Taylor was filling in his place. There's a video going around on youtube of a live performance featuring Corey doing KoRn's song "Clown."

I wanted to see Dir En Grey as well just because I've heard alot of good things about them and was really interested. As for deftones...meh.

wow, someone made a thread on this! i haven't been into the jrock scene in some years, and was really shocked when my sister told me dir en grey was going to be touring in the US... with Korn. Whoa.

So how did you find this information? Do you know any website that lists jrock bands that are touring in the US? I'm not a concert junkie, but I'd like to see of my favorite non-US bands some time.

I don't know of a site with information on j-rock bands T_T I wish I did though... I've missed several bands I totally love because I found out about them being some where too late ~_~ Though, for Japanese bands, I just try to check out sites with information about Anime Conventions (since, almost always, that's where they play).

I knew about Diru because I'd heard a few rumors about it then googled it till I found an article about it on MTV.com ^^; and then I heard them talking about it on a local radio station, checked out their site, and Dir en Grey was listed there. I squeed *laughs*

I'm still trippin about Bury Your Dead being on the Family Values Tour. A tour that, arguably, is the reason Nu Metal became so popular in the late 90s and earlier this decade. And Bury Your Dead is not nu Metal. No, no, not so much at all.

-Justin

Yeah, I heard about this when I was doing research for an English 101 report on J-pop. I think it's great that J-pop is finally making its way to the states--we've already got Utada Hikaru, L'arc~en~Ciel, and The Pillows fighting their way over here, among many others. I can't see the concert, unfortunately, but the concept itself gets me excited. Japanese music will dominate the world!

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Oh my goodness! I have been waiting to see Diru for so long, and I'm wanting to go see them in Pittsburgh. So yes, I am siked for this. I really hope I can see them on September 8th. My only problem is getting a ride to Pittsburgh, so I probably won't be able to make it. It saddens me.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The singer for Dir En Grey has been having some throat problems and has had to cancel plenty of japanese tour dates. He says he will be fine in time for the family values tour, so i hope it still happens.

Me myself would love to see them but they will be nowhere near me im dont think.
I cant miss school and work eiher, though i wonder if their singer will continue is rash of self mutilation on stage.

I always planned on seeing them at a convention, but when he got into that i knew they never would since cons are kinda marketed at all ages.

I've already seen Pennecillin Nano this year at their american debut, seeing Dir would complete the bliss. They were the first j rock band i ever listened to so i will always love them.

[SIZE=1]I was also shocked to see Dir en Grey on the list with popular rock/metal bands American bands. I had only heard of them from my anime/japanese-enthused Otaku friends, and I had tried to listen to their music once, out of mild curiosity. Don't think I made it thirty seconds in.

Interesting indeed, I can only wonder what the American fans think.[/SIZE]