OtakuBoards

Macho Media - PS3 vs Wii

Papa Smurf

[url]http://machomedia.blogspot.com/2006/08/ps3-vs-wii.html[/url]

Just found this video on the net. Thought it was pretty hilarious. Figured I'd post it here and see what everyone thinks. I think it's a pretty good way of getting the points across. Plus, a cute and bubbly chick in skimpy clothing is a great visual to go along with the Wii.

(Charles, she kind of reminds me of Kristine lol)

[color=#007520]Clever. They do seem to remind me of the personalities of the two machines in the same way the Mac vs PC tv spots do. I think, though, that the TV Spots are a lot more original.

I do like the line about the vibrator feature though. 8)

I feel like I'm watching a fanboy argument as I watch this. Where the Sony fanboys are talking about all the features of a Playstation 3, while Nintendo fanboys are saying "wii are still better." Though, honsetly, I've never really seen a fanboy argument so I have no basis for comparison.

-r2[/color]

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520'] Though, honsetly, I've never really seen a fanboy argument so I have no basis for comparison.[/color][/quote]

Go to gamefaqs sometime. Almost any board there will do.

Anyway, the video was clever. I just wonder if all this hype is really going to translate when these systems release.

My main gripe is that the Playstation 3 woman should have been even bigger.

[quote name='Charles']My main gripe is that the Playstation 3 woman should have been even bigger.[/quote]

XD

That video is awesome. In fact, next time someone gets all in my face about the PS3 being better than the Wii because of all its technological crap, I'll show em that video... maybe it'll shut em up.

when she mentioned being 'cheap and fun' I thought they should've added something about 'playing with all your friends' or 'having fun on friday nights' but then maybe that wouldve gone a little over the top.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The final result

PS3 < Wii

For evah yo, well atleast till the price slides down a tad.

Besides when everyone finally has a Wii, you will be unable to stop everyone from playing with their Wiis.

More on topic though that video was so much awesome, the part about the vibration function was rather funny. I do agree though. The PS3 person should have been MUCH bigger, since the PS3 is bigger than an Xbox I think, funny stuff.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I do agree though. The PS3 person should have been MUCH bigger, since the PS3 is bigger than an Xbox I think, funny stuff.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Somehow I don't think that's why Charles thought she should be bigger.

Regardless, this video was pretty funny. It definitely had that Mac commercial feel (though I agree with r2 about those ones being funnier) and it even pointed out a flaw here or there. Well, sort of.

But yeah, it was fun to watch, and I can't wait until the system comes out. In case you happen to be extremely anxious about the Wii, I suggest watching [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35I6Du2eVsQ]this[/url] video aswell. It's not supposed to make you laugh, but it's pretty interesting.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Somehow I don't think that's why Charles thought she should be bigger.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Oh no, it really is what I meant.

I encourage all of you to check out the official Sony Playstation 3 thread. I made a post (which happens to be the last in the thread) where I put up a link to a site that showed size comparisons between an exact wooden replica of a PS3 and an Xbox 360.

For those of you who are unaware, the Xbox 360 is just a little smaller than the original Xbox and the Playstation 3 basically eclipses it. I believe the reason for this is because the PS3's power supply is built in while the Xbox 360 has a huge power brick that connects outside the console.

[quote name='Charles']Oh no, it really is what I meant.[/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I'm disappointed, lol. :angel:

I checked out the link you posted in the PS3 thread, Charles, and I've gotta say that I'm shocked. I honestly did not think that the PS3 was not only that fat... but that misshaped. It looks like a wide treasure chest welded to a PS2 Slim. I think the wood model may be a little off, though. I always thought [url=http://hitech.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/xbox360_ps3_nintendo_revolution_size.jpg]this[/url] to be the different sizes.

I think that as far as Shape and Size goes, Wii is by far the victor. The 360 looks nice, but it just doesn't compare with this:[/FONT]
[/COLOR]
[center][img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/4833/picture10jo.png[/img][/center]

[font=tahoma][color=#555555]Come on! The controller, which fits comfortably inside your palm, is as tall as the system! I think it's awesome when a system can fit inside the front pocket of your backpack.[/color][/font]