OtakuBoards

A thought provoking subject.

Charles

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]
No. No. Some what. No. NO! Yes. Yes. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good answers..... :)

They show nudity in Japan cause they aren't so full of this thought that kids are corrupted by TV.... they can cuss on TV in Japan... In Japan, the respect for your parents is SO HIGH that you do what they tell you. Thats why Japan has a suicide problem.... kids kill themselves cause they think they have dishonored their parents by doing something wrong.... they have that much respect.... you don't hear about that over in the US.... the reason why Japan can do all that stuff is because they have that word that people lack so much this day.... that word of course being RESPECT...... if Kids respected their parents like they do there or like they used to, i would guarantee we wouldn't have as many problems as we have today.... 12 year old girls selling their bodies... you've seen the Talk shows like Jenny Jones and Sally or whatever.... you've seen these f'ed up kids.... please, those kids have no respect... partially it's the parents fault for not teaching respect... they should get off their fat *** and BE a parent.... maybe a bad kid is what they need for them to realize that...

And Zanza, yes I know those bad kids go out killing other kids, but thats just a small percentage and those kids that do that have No sense of right and wrong obviously and are using other people as their scapegoats..... kinda sounds familiar to a certain country......

Guest Altron Gundam
My gosh. Of course parents should take responsibility in raising their kids. They decide what TV shows they watch, plus if some kid is to half-witted enough to think something like South Park is real then the parents have not raised them well. Its the parents job to talk to their kids and set them straight. Not some **** TV show that says **** 500 times in one episode.

I don't really want to flog a dead horse here, with this topic, but I figured that for those of you who want to see a little more info on the PTC research, I could oblige you with what they have found in a recent study. I wonder if this will change anyone's mind.(yeah right)

Vulgar language is even more frequent than it was in the fall of '95, the period examined in our first family hour study. Then, there was an average of 0.62 obscenities per hour between 8 and 9 ET; this time, the figure jumped to 0.88.
Fox was easily the most foulmouthed network, with more than two obscenities per hour on average. In '95, it took only 1.26 per hour (NBC's figure) to lead the pack.
Forty-eight -- exactly one-third -- of the programs contained vulgar language.
There were sixty references to sexual intercourse, an average of 0.65 per hour. References to sex outside of marriage outnumbered references to sex within it by a ratio of 3.6 to 1, but that represents an improvement over '95's ratio of 8 to 1.
Fox was also the most sexually obsessed network, with 1.06 references per hour. Fox led in '95 as well, with 0.88.
Forty-four -- almost 31 percent -- of the programs referred to sex.
Only thirty-two percent of program hours were rated G. In other words, even by the permissive standards of the networks, which rate their own shows, less than a third of programming met the definition the G rating states, "suitable for all ages."
Of the 86 family-hour shows rated PG, meaning they're supposedly appropriate for everyone except young children, 31 (36 percent) contained sexual references, and 42 (49 percent) included obscenities.

[QUOTE] Originaly posted by Crazy White Boy:
Vulgar language is even more frequent than it was in the fall of '95, the period examined in our first family hour study. Then, there was an average of 0.62 obscenities per hour between 8 and 9 ET; this time, the figure jumped to 0.88.
Fox was easily the most foulmouthed network, with more than two obscenities per hour on average. In '95, it took only 1.26 per hour (NBC's figure) to lead the pack.
Forty-eight -- exactly one-third -- of the programs contained vulgar language.
There were sixty references to sexual intercourse, an average of 0.65 per hour. References to sex outside of marriage outnumbered references to sex within it by a ratio of 3.6 to 1, but that represents an improvement over '95's ratio of 8 to 1.
Fox was also the most sexually obsessed network, with 1.06 references per hour. Fox led in '95 as well, with 0.88.
Forty-four -- almost 31 percent -- of the programs referred to sex.
Only thirty-two percent of program hours were rated G. In other words, even by the permissive standards of the networks, which rate their own shows, less than a third of programming met the definition the G rating states, "suitable for all ages."
Of the 86 family-hour shows rated PG, meaning they're supposedly appropriate for everyone except young children, 31 (36 percent) contained sexual references, and 42 (49 percent) included obscenities. [/QUOTE]

My answers:
Is that pm or am? If its am kids should be at school if its pm than if you care if kids watch it than make them go to bed or go somewhere else like maybe study for a test or something that wont rot there brain.

Dont get that one
wait i dont get a lot of those oh well :D

And about the ratings maybe they just picked the wrong channel or they could just wathch chanels that are for kids only if they care that is

Thats about it

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Both TV and my parents have little or no influence on me. I like to do things according to my standards, and I'll fight for it if i have to..[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I kind of find it hard to believe that your parents have no influence on you what so ever. They had to institute some kind of morals and standards into your character. Anyways, if anyone wants I can post the whole **** study up here for you to glance through. It's kind of interesting to see these people's thoughts. That's only if anyone wants it though.