OtakuBoards

Your Dreams

Sho Ayori

[quote name='PINKSPIDER']i also do not dream in sound.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Sucks for you, man.
----------
I sleep very hard at night, so I don't actually have any dreams - at least, not ones I really remember. When I do dream, however, I usually have three types: self-initiated, controlled (lucid), and really-friggin-wierd.

The self-initiated dreams usually happen when I fall asleep while daydreaming. I'll start reacting to events like they're actually happening to me, have a sympathetic spasm, and wake up; it's kind of like sitting on the event horizon on a black hole because the line between realities gets really blurry.

Controlled dreams are dreams I remember having had before, while I'm still having them. (Aaghh! Too many 'have's'.) [B]Sora[/B] mentioned 'lucid' dreams, and it's kind of the same thing. Of course, me being me, I usually start to tweak the dream a little bit here and there to see what would happen. It's rather a good deal of fun; people should try it sometime.

I had a dream recently that fit into the final category I listed above, and I stayed wigged out about it for two days afterwards. As a small set-up, let me just say that my family went through a large move during my fifth-grade year, which was about eight-and-a-half years ago. This dream was basically set as if the move had never happened, and while I was dreaming I had a totally different set of memories than the ones I have in real life. In fact, when I woke up it took me about a minute to remember who and where I was. What really creeped me out later was the fact that dreams only need three to four seconds to run all the way through, and I had created almost nine years worth of new memories in that amount of time and had myself convinced that they were real. So you can understand why I call it 'really-friggin-wierd'.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Well, i don't actually think dreams all come from what we observe in every day life. And the reason i say that is because i have some pretty crazy dreams sometimes.

The dreams that i've been having the most recently that are worth mentioning are the ones where i get close to someone i care about. I'd say the main reason for this is because i have a girlfriend back at home and i miss her a lot of the time. This is my first year in college and it's rough being away from home sometimes.

Another dream i used to get a lot is where i'd be driving and my brakes would give out. I'd always wake up before i wrecked. Sometimes people say that dreams can fortell the future. I really hope that's not so. It seems that if it were indeed true then waking up from the dream will be the equivalent to falling asleep from that which is reality. Me don't wanna die.

Later.
[/FONT][/COLOR]