OtakuBoards

Your Dreams

Sho Ayori

Apologies if this has been done before, but this thread is to discuss the kind of dreams that you have. From what I've learned in the past, dreaming consists of the images and influences that you've witnessed during the day. All the stress or distractions that occure can also have an effect on what you dream about.
But most commonly, we dream about what our life usually revolves around. For instance, my dreams normally consist of being in a real life RPG, or being transported into a game world. This can be down to the fact that I play endless video games, and I can somehow remember almost every detail about each one I play.

Added to that, dreams are supposed to be subconscious message from your own feelings. I once heard a saying that went: 'To ignore one's dreams is to ignore one's heart.' So what kind of dreams does everyone else have?

I usually have dreams about my ex boyfriend, i miss him so much...

Besdies that i typically have dreams about me being in other peoples situations. Or i usually play a role that i admire, such a fictional character or something along those lines.

I love sleep, and i don't mind dreaming but sometimes my dreams are way too weird.

Recently i had a dream where i was thrown out of my apartment and i looked outside to see Spike (from Buffy and Angel) walking past my steps. He said i could crash with him...O_o

I guess that stemmed from me watching the dvd set of all the seasons of Angel in a row. I never liked Buffy, but i loved Angel.

Spike is so awesome, i love his personality so i guess he was on my mind most of the time.

Guest Heero yuy
To be honest, I dream about violent stuff. It's due to the fact I resent a lot of people I'm around. Like the people who live above me or most of my employees. Plus, I always have to be curtious to all of them.

I usually dream about friends and family, especially the ones who are completely gone. One of my dreams was the day after one my aunts died she said to not be afraid and to hold onto everything dear.I remember when I went to hug her in the dream she suddenly dissappeared and i fell then i woke up.

[size=1]My dreams consist of stuff so horrendous and so shocking that I cannot give details about them, for they shall scare the children, and basically anyone else who might come across the site.

I'll just sum it all up in one word - [i]fangirlism[/i].[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]My dreams are topical and relevant to my lyf at large. The most recent one was where I dreamt I was awake in bed, and I could hear Beck's album Odelay playing - which would've had to be out of my computer, since I don't actually own Odelay. Thinking I'd turned my computer on and put it beside me I turned over to turn it down, promptly woke up, and the music stopped completely.

That day I'd applied to work at the local music store, so I'm taking it as some kind of [i]omen[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]Well There's this one person that I like. His name is Jacob Theut but people on his soccer team call him Jake so I do too. Well one night in my dream, my 3rd hour [which I have with Jake] went on a field trip to a like a forest of death where everyone that went in never came out alive [I'll just say one word-[I]Naruto[/I]] Well we got paired up by last name so he and I were partners. After like 10 minutes into the forest, Jake got attacked by like a wolf thingy. I ended up protecting him, and I beat the wolf thing but i got beat up pretty badly. :animecry: Well then Jake stood up, walked over to me, picked me up, and bolted to the opening of the forest. Everyone was there [since in my dream, they only went one team at a time until one team came out.] Jake slowly laid me down on the floor as everyone looked on. They all knew that i liked him and they all knew that he hated me.
"She really liked you," my friend Kristen said to Jake.
"I know," he said as his eyes started to water.
He couldn't hold it in anymore so he just started crying and rested his head on my chest. "I should have told you before," he said inbetween sobs. "I like you too!"
Everyone watching started crying too, even the people that didn't know me well. Then after like a minute, I started waking up. Jake was holding my hand and he didn't know that i was awake so I squeezed his. He sat up and looked me in the face.
"Hey," I said weakly looking up at him.
"Hi," he said back in disbelief.
I sat up. Jake and I made eye contact. Then we hugged each other and ended up kissing. Then when I woke up [which was soon,] I was like, "NOOOOOOO!!!!" beacuse I liked that dream. Trust me. My dreams are really weird. There are even dreams weirder than this but that's another story for another time.
[RIGHT]~~V.G.G[/RIGHT][/size][/COLOR]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I don't know why, but most of my dreams have been focusing
on Pokemon (don't ask)

Like recently, I had this weird dream were I was
in a really pretty meadow, all rainbows and stuff...and
Pikachu came and started poking me.
Then he called Charmander and Bulbasaur and they all circled me
and started singing or something. Yes I know, wtf.
Suddenly, we went on this huge adventure trying to
find Squirtle and Pichu.

And yeeaah.........I just humiliated (sp?) myself in public.
Damn.[/FONT]

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='RiflesAtRecess][font=arial][size=1]So yeah, apparently people have dreams, but I don't think I've ever had one. I blink and then it's 8-9 hours later[/font'][/size][/quote]

Well that actually happens to me sometimes, well then again, its more of a "Go to sleep, blackness, then I wake up." The time doesn't seem to go by to fast when that happens to me though.

As for my dreams, they are all very seperated from one another. Some time when I have dreams, I dream them in parts. Like for example I would have part of a dream one night, wake up and go to school, when I come back and go to sleep I countinue the last dream from where I left off.

Then again I have very odd and abstract dreams that seem to be based on nothing. For example just last night I dreamed of myself playing a videogame where I was the person the gamer was controling. I do know that it was some kind of an adventure game on the PS2 because I had to press: Down, Right, Square. Just to be able to do a special attack. Then the floor broke and the real me fell through to the world which I was falling at a very high speed. Then I caught onto a cloud and began to float around on it for a while before it broke and I was falling for another long time. I must have been very high up because it seemed to take an entire lifetime to fall and I hadn't even moved more than 20 feet. So I eventually pulled out my DS lite which happened to be in my pocket and played it for a while until the batteries died and I screamed.

After that I hit another cloud and woke up. Most horrible dream [I]ever[/I].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

My dreams are always terribly complex...like a dream I had last night...it started when somebody grabbed me from a hole or ditch or whatever and I looked and there was this really beautiful girl looking down at me saying more like whispering are you okay and then she vanishes into thin air and I wake up usually or it continues into a whole nother' dream...WTF and it's one of those reaccuring dreams too and I still can't figure out the reason I keep on having this bitter-sweet dream. If anybody knows why please explain it to me. :animesigh

[COLOR=Magenta]My dreams are always weird and about my friends or anime. I have dreams that I'm a character in Yu-Gi-Oh GX. It's cool but I like being a part of it. I also have dreams that I'm at a mansion with many doors that lead to different rooms and to different dimensions. It's weird and I think that I'm in a horror film for some of the places that I go to are like scary places with chainsaws. I hate the sound of cahinsaws. So that's about some of the dreams that I have.[/COLOR]

I used to have this continuation dream where I was in a haunted mansion. These ghosts and witches triend to kill me. It went on almost every night. Finally I ende up crying on a pile of burning ashes and then poof. No more dream.

One of the weirdest dramns and most recent was this.

Me and my mom went to vdeo king in massena NY. When she was killed by a maniak. Then I went to my aunt/uncles house. his local alarm went off. I found out that elephant's were stomping on my hometown. When i got home my mom was alive again and sitting on the stairs... my once true love. She tought me a magic spell that turned people to the opposite of what they were personality wise.

Another one was where everyone in my school wanted to kill me. I gave them pastries with sleeping powder than laughed taunting them.

Did you know that if you play music you can hear it in your dreams?

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Rigid beliefs that only destruction breeds solace
Feeling only that ones purpose is to advance
And wondering
How could this body be discarded over a triviality
When humankind needs all it can get?

And where else to place this vessel is there?
Is it a lack of self-confidence?
Or is it a lack of caring?
Without the necessary passion
Nothing can be created
Can it?

Merely living in what I am given
Never forcing any to allow me to live
I pray to allow myself to follow a dream.

But if I could say that I had a dream, it would be to sing in a band. Where does my dream's beginning await me? Only I can know.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]This is kinda wierd actually, and I have no idea why I was dreaming about this, but one night, I had a dream that I was at my High School, and me and my brother were on the stairway to the next floor fighting Shishio, from the Anime/Manga Rurouni Kenshin. Anyways, we were at that for awhile, until Shishio decided to run away to some dock.

That dude who is really loyal to Shishio, (can't remember his name at the moment...), said to us "Promise to meet Lord Shishio at the dock?"

And I was like, "Yeah, we'll be there." And then the dream ended. If you wanna know the purpose of it, don't ask, because I don't even know myself.

I've had other anime dreams in the past, but that one just sticks out the most, for some reason.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

For me, I dream about some family mainly more about my friends. I also dream about one of my favorite anime guys(Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite) who love so much!:animeblus Okay the details are kind of...X rated LOL:animesmil :animeswea But anyways I get these werid dreams like school and well crazy random stuff. One of the weridest ones is when I was at school and all my classmates were zombes and chase me around the campus but there again that may have been my stupid werid dreams LOL:animesmil Yep, I also have anime dreams which are the best dreams for me!

Dreams. They are funny things. Usually my dreams all deal with things that cause me some anxiety at that point in my life. For instance if I am working on a cosplay costume I will dream about sewing or working on props. If it's close to a convention then my dreams tend to center around going to the con and having issues with my costumes.

Currently I am getting ready for a trip to New York so I have been having airport dreams. I know each day I get closer to traveling the more my dreams will revolve around airports and travel. Usually it's dreams about being late, not being able to find my flight...that sort of thing. I'm glad I am not afraid of flying or my dreams would probably revolve around plane crashes and stuff. :animedepr

[I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Indigo]I never have a night when I don't dream! All my dreams are really vivid which is why I think i talk in my sleep so much and why I'm always so tired in the mornings. I like vivid dreams though they make sleep all the more intresting.[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

• 3 weeks later...
I don't usually have dreams. When I do, they have my friends, but that's the only thing i can recognize. They take place in really random places that i've never been to before. And on top of that the story line always changes. it's like my dreams combine into 1 big one :animestun It's sooooo confusing!
Sometimes I have anime dreams too. This one time, I had a dream that i was playing golf on this really wierd course that was like a 3 hole golf course/track field. I was playing with some of the people from fruits basket. One of them was Akito, and as soon as he got mad at me, I woke up. It was kinda scary. So yeah, those are what my dreams are about :D

Well, about two nights ago I accidentally fell into a lucid dream (where you know your dreaming but you don't wake up instantly because of that knowledge) and I didn't know how to wake up. Something bad was happening (though I can't remember what, but it scared me) so I put myself into a truck and drove it into a wall and screamed "WAKE UP!" I thought it was the coolest thing, though a bit creepy if you ask me :p

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]My dreams vary quite a bit. From ones where I?m at school, to where I?m at a friends house, to being in places that I am not familiar with at all. I?m assuming that since I?ve read so many books and watched so many shows that my mind just takes elements from everything and turns them into a dream.

I even dream about my dog on a regular basis as well. I had one the other night where she could fly. And when she got outside she decided to fly around the neighborhood and lick everyone. I was chasing her and calling her, but she wouldn?t come, as she was too busy licking everyone.

Then the dream changed and I was living in a new home where we had a swimming pool in the backyard. And in this dream my dog kept running and jumping into the pool to swim. I would catch her, clean her up and dry her and she?d do it all over again. The funny thing about that dream is in real life my dog hates getting completely wet, so I doubt she would jump into a pool since she hides when it?s time for her bath.
[/COLOR]

My dreams consist of a compilation of extreme oddness. The following is a short list of a few my akward, weird, unconcious thoughts:

1) A large group of people taking part in an extreme act of what would look like anarchy, but isn't, because the whole mess is being conducted by this girl in my school. The weird thing is that the girl is a huge "Jesus Freak" (Not saying that people following one of the many parts of the Roman Catholic religion are freaks, that is just a title that I have heard).

2) Being chased by a large group of things including: Carnies, Clowns, Large Teddy Bears, and my favorite foods.

3) Me flying into things (walls, people, churches, goats, etc).

my dreams are pretty weird....
...i dont think i could give them a particular reason for having them...
.....as far as dreams being desires...
hmmm, not sure id agree to that....i think dreams are just subconcious thoughts..
about anything, and most ppl have strong dreams when their stressed and frustrated..
...as for me, when i sleep, i seem to be calmer when i think of a loved one...
this seems like a never ending topic.....