OtakuBoards

I got a GBA with SMSC!!!!! ................err, .............And I have a question!!

Fall

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Its only four... the GBA's processor couldn't handle that kind of pressure and it would probably catch fire, lol[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

:laugh: :bellylol: :bellylol: :bellylol: HAHAHAHAHA!!! ....Hehehe, catch fire. :bellylol: I'm not saying that it's not true or anything, it just sounds funny to me....... Hehehe..... :bellylol: :laugh: :laugh:

[SIZE=1]It probably wouldn't catch fire but the way processors work is that they are fully reliant on electricity. The more a game requires of a system that more power it requires. Technically if a game used too much of the sytems power for a long period of time it could overheat and catch fire. But plastic isn't very flammable... never mind. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]It probably wouldn't catch fire but the way processors work is that they are fully reliant on electricity. The more a game requires of a system that more power it requires. Technically if a game used too much of the sytems power for a long period of time it could overheat and catch fire. But plastic isn't very flammable... never mind. [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]Hehe....., yeah, I know what you mean. That's happened to my brother's Virtualboy while he was playing a sonic game or somethin'. It blew up the T.V. Hehe..... :bellylol:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Hehe....., yeah, I know what you mean. That's happened to my brother's Virtualboy while he was playing a sonic game or somethin'. It blew up the T.V. Hehe..... :bellylol: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Ummm... Virtual Boy is an old Nintendo system... That means no Sonic games.
But anyway, no you connot have more than four GBAs linked together and have them work. If you did try to have more hooked up, they just wouldn't be reconized by the other systems, or it just wouldn't work at all. You don't have to worry about your system catching fire.
Also, have you gotten any of the Extra Tracks (the ones from the original Super Mario Kart) yet? Or if you haven't, do you know how to get them? Or do you want to find out on your own?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Ummm... Virtual Boy is an old Nintendo system... That means no Sonic games.
But anyway, no you connot have more than four GBAs linked together and have them work. If you did try to have more hooked up, they just wouldn't be reconized by the other systems, or it just wouldn't work at all. You don't have to worry about your system catching fire.
Also, have you gotten any of the Extra Tracks (the ones from the original Super Mario Kart) yet? Or if you haven't, do you know how to get them? Or do you want to find out on your own?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, but it looked like this little blue thing walking around collecting coins.....

And with the extra tracks, I thought you had to complete all the cups on 150cc and come first in all of them, and then they would appear? :confused:

[color=indigo]To get the Extra Tracks, you have to beat a Cup and get an "A" Ranking or higher and at least a total of 100 Coins from the four races. When you do this, you'll open up the Extra Cup that corresponds with the Cup that you beat, on the engine class that you beat it on. So, say you beat the Flower Cup on 100cc and got an "A" Ranking and above 100 Coins. You'd open the Extra Flower Cup on 100cc.
Btw, if you haven't gotten a trophy on all the Cups on a certain engine class, you'll have to get one on all of them before you can open Extra Cups on that engine class.

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on my new GameCube that I got for Christmas, non-stop since I got it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]To get the Extra Tracks, you have to beat a Cup and get an "A" Ranking or higher and at least a total of 100 Coins from the four races. When you do this, you'll open up the Extra Cup that corresponds with the Cup that you beat, on the engine class that you beat it on. So, say you beat the Flower Cup on 100cc and got an "A" Ranking and above 100 Coins. You'd open the Extra Flower Cup on 100cc.
Btw, if you haven't gotten a trophy on all the Cups on a certain engine class, you'll have to get one on all of them before you can open Extra Cups on that engine class.

Sorry I took so long to reply, but I've been playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on my new GameCube that I got for Christmas, non-stop since I got it.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's pretty tuf to get the extra tracks. Figures though, they shouldn't make it too easy to get the tracks otherwise every1 will beat the game quickly. O man, I should have gotten my cousin to get the extra courses when I was at his house during the holidays. O well, I guess I'll attempt to get all those courses.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VP-Master [/i]
[B]

That's pretty tuf to get the extra tracks. Figures though, they shouldn't make it too easy to get the tracks otherwise every1 will beat the game quickly. O man, I should have gotten my cousin to get the extra courses when I was at his house during the holidays. O well, I guess I'll attempt to get all those courses. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]What I did, was I played through all the tracks on all the engine classes, and then tried to get the Extra Tracks. By that time, I was good enough that it wasn't that hard. (Either that, or I'm just really good ;)).
I got all the Extra Tracks on my first try, except for the Star and Special Cups (and maybe the Lightning Cup) where I did it on my second try.
Also, you might try practicing specific races that give you trouble on the Quick Run mode. That helped me a lot, because then I knew the best ways to get the Coins on the tracks.[/color]

Guest Saiyaman
Just for the fun of it I would try it with the 8 cable links and just keep it on. See what it does.

IT should be able for more than four being a 100 bucks and all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]Just for the fun of it I would try it with the 8 cable links and just keep it on. See what it does.

IT should be able for more than four being a 100 bucks and all. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]$100 really isn't that much for a handheld system. The original Game Boy was released for around $170.[/color]

Yeah, but keep in mind that the 128 bit Sega Dreamcast is less than a hundred dollars now. Heh, for that matter the PSX even compares in price to the GBA. Super Nintendo is even cheaper, and that's essentially what a GBA is, just slightly more beefed up.

Guest Saiyaman
Yeah but with Dreamcast I mean when it was released a couple of months later they had less sales and it really wasn't very good. That thing boomed. That is why it is less than a Gameboy.

But who listens to my opinions anyway?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]
But who listens to my opinions anyway? [/B][/QUOTE]
No-one. :laugh: j/k

Erm, now I really don't think blowing up a GBA is worth it, by coneecting 8 players.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Yeah, but keep in mind that the 128 bit Sega Dreamcast is less than a hundred dollars now. Heh, for that matter the PSX even compares in price to the GBA. Super Nintendo is even cheaper, and that's essentially what a GBA is, just slightly more beefed up. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Actually, the GBA is quite a bit more powerful than a SNES. And even if a SNES was still $100, it would still be worth it! Right now, the SNES has a LOT more good games then the GBA. Also, the thing is, all those consoles you mentioned are old and the price has dropped a lot on them. ESPECIALLY the PSX.
Even so, the GBA is portable, so you can't really compare it to the prices of consoles.[/color]

The Gameboy Advance isn't proving this power(with the exception of Rayman Advance) that's for sure. I have one, and a lot of the games are just touched-up versions of the SNES titles. The sound in the games isn't even a lot better(could actually be worse).

I'm just looking at bank for your buck here. I'm saying that Nintendo should have looked at DreamCast and PSX's price and considered that people can really get a bang for their buck with them. Playstation has a huge library, and DreamCast has some really great titles. I'm not saying the GBA should have been twenty-bucks mind you, maybe about seventy-five.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ohhhh noooo a big 5 dollars for a system. that is soooooooooooooo much
and GBA is only $100 at dumb store likes radio shack and toys "r" us... go to target 89.99, a military base 89.00, wally world (wal mart for those of you that dont get that joke) 89.95.
so those of you who paid $100 are getting ripped off but it is your own stupidity and lust for an AWESOME system that have done this to you.
Golden Sun is one of the best RPG's out there. It IS the best RPG on a hald held ever (zelda's arent rpg's). And personally i think it is better than the FF series on the PSX (except for like 5 mins that totally sucked), yea it is linear and there are only 2 side quests in the game and only 4 djinni that are even remotly hard to find... it actually presents a lot of challanging puzzles and you couldnt just level up to beat the game. well you could i just dont see the need to the boss battles were simple yet complicated. and totally fun.
Advanced Wars is also the first game of that type done by nintendo that i can remember doing good.
As for the PSX how many of you remeber the first 6 months of the PSX it wasnt as good as it was once FF VII came out. Once it came out the whole world knew what a PSX was so just give the GBA some time and you will see some truely fun and graphic intensive games on it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I'll do Kuja even one better. I got it for free as a graduation present. Booya! Anyway, it is a great system, and Golden Sun was a pleasant surprise. But I liked PSX a lot when it first came out. It got attention for games like Tekken,Toshinden,(because of it's looks) and Ridge Racer. Compared to Saturn's launch-it rocked.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by felix [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]As for the PSX how many of you remeber the first 6 months of the PSX it wasnt as good as it was once FF VII came out. Once it came out the whole world knew what a PSX was so just give the GBA some time and you will see some truely fun and graphic intensive games on it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I agree. Although I'd say that the GBA has already hit its stride in a technical sense. It's a truly outstanding little system.

I love Golden Sun and I personally think it's as good or better than the SNES Final Fantasy titles.

The PSX had a crappy launch. The Saturn, in the first year, was the highest selling console at the time. In fact, in the first year of sales, I distinctly remember the PSX trailing the Saturn's huge sales lead.

I remember reading the "top 10" consoles in magazines such as EGM and noticing that Saturn was on top month after month.

But when Final Fantasy VII came out (and a few other select titles), the PSX started to leap ahead. Dying third party support (and probably lack of a good Sonic sequel) really screwed the Saturn badly.

It's a shame too -- the Saturn's failure helped to kill the Dreamcast, which was actually a brilliant system. Oh well.[/size]

I don't know. I remember reading, I think in the newest EGM(could be wrong) that the Saturn launch was a failure. By releasing it too early, it became totally botched.

How would you say that Playstation was miserable at first? Saleswise, you could be right, but I'm referring to game quality rather than sales figures.

Granted, it was a wild card system with no credibility, but the initial launch titles weren't so bad. Tekken was easily superior to Virtua Fighter(well, that's based on opinion) and Ridge Racer was more than a match for Virtua Racing Deluxe. I take that back if Daytona was already out at launch though.