OtakuBoards

South Park gone too far?

vegeta rocker

Plus, I get the feeling that Steve Irwin would have been laughing his *** off had he seen the episode featuring him. I mean, hell, he made fun of himself on his own show. He obviously had a sense of humor, albeit a crazy and disturbing one. He was pretty twisted, and I seriously doubt he's rolling in his grave, offended because Satan thinks it's "just too early" for Steve Irwin Halloween costumes. Dude, if there's an afterlife, I'd bet money that Irwin is having a mighty good laugh about that episode.

[quote name='Shinmaru']The idea of 'too soon' is ludicrous. Either you think that the joke is funny or you don't. Time probably isn't going to do too much to change that. JFK humor didn't suddenly become funny twenty-five years after the guy died or whatever.[/quote]
[SIZE=1]On that note, didn't South Park also poke fun at the idea that it's socially acceptable to find AIDS jokes funny now that it's been 20 years since it first surfaced? Because if it did, than this Steve Irwin episode seems to basically echo the same message.[/SIZE]

I dont want to criticized, but it was a joke! I dont know how people became so offensive lately in this world. Yes, Steve Irwin died and trying to defend him isn't going to help. Unless if he is trying to come from the dead and sue, then that is a different story. Only he is to judge if he thinks its bad or not. Anyway, you are like the only one that posted about this. Okay and if you really want to say offensive, then what about all the stuff they make fun of? I dont see people criticizing about that! It just come to show that people can be hypocritical at points. I myself is sometimes hypocritical but I respect South Park because it has Satire in it. If people doesn't know what it is, look it up.

[quote name='Roleni-Chan']I dont want to criticized, but it was a joke! I dont know how people became so offensive lately in this world. Yes, Steve Irwin died and trying to defend him isn't going to help. Unless if he is trying to come from the dead and sue, then that is a different story. Only he is to judge if he thinks its bad or not. Anyway, you are like the only one that posted about this. Okay and if you really want to say offensive, then what about all the stuff they make fun of? I dont see people criticizing about that! It just come to show that people can be hypocritical at points. I myself is sometimes hypocritical but I respect South Park because it has Satire in it. If people doesn't know what it is, look it up.[/quote]

[size=1][color=black]Are you replying to me? If so, let me clarify - in my first post I was saying that although I don't find South Park all that funny, I wouldn't be personally offended by that episode because I could just not watch it. In my second post I meant that despite that, I [I]could[/I] understand why people would be offended, because it didn't seem like just a 'simple' joke. However, after reading the other posts I've realised that perhaps it's not any worse than your average South park episode, considering the other topics that have been mentioned from other episodes. And I does know what satire is, but thanks for the suggestion.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Rain][size=1][color=black]Are you replying to me? If so, let me clarify - in my first post I was saying that although I don't find South Park all that funny, I wouldn't be personally offended by that episode because I could just not watch it.[/color'][/size][/quote]

Personally Rain, I think your first post was the best!

I don't like South Park. I think it sucks. I have laughed at a couple things but that doesn't make a show good by my standards. If it does to someone else, then thats fine, I just saying that I don't like it for a couple of reasons.

If the show was better then I would probably watch more. But, with that in mind, I do have the South Park movie (Probably the best one). But, that all because I say its the best one, that doesn't mean it is good.

Just to make sure you understand me and comment that I DO have it. I have two brothers and we watch it - sometimes. Maybe once every four years (and thats South Park in general for me). I don't exactly find laughs in South Park.

Thanks for your time and such.

Dae

[quote name='Papa Smurf']Plus, I get the feeling that Steve Irwin would have been laughing his *** off had he seen the episode featuring him. I mean, hell, he made fun of himself on his own show. He obviously had a sense of humor, albeit a crazy and disturbing one. He was pretty twisted, and I seriously doubt he's rolling in his grave, offended because Satan thinks it's "just too early" for Steve Irwin Halloween costumes. Dude, if there's an afterlife, I'd bet money that Irwin is having a mighty good laugh about that episode.[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma]Haha, I definantly agree.

If you can't stand the Steve Irwin episode, don't watch it.
I've seen it before, South Park has gone way farther than that, so
why are [I]we[/I] talking about this episode when there are other ones
that have gone to a much more shocking extreme?
I wasn't offended.
They didn't make him do anything to...you know, South Park-ish.
Sooo...why do people get so worked up about it?
(Don't you dare answer my question above, I know the answer, and I've
heard too many times).[/FONT]

Oops, did I sounded like I was mean? Woah, well yeah I know people dont like South Park and I realized a lot of things. No one should criticized anytihng because nothing is going to change at all. I know Steve Irwin died recantly, though we shouldn't try to make a big fuss about it. I was always told dont cry for a person who is not able to see you cry, well something like that. Though I dont understand why is it so bad to make a scene about him? I see all the shows insulting other things, so why is this one differnent?