Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ever got a gift you reeeeeeeally didn't like.. but the person who gave it to you was right there so you couldn't say anything?

Ugh.. I got this awful book thisyear.. the "Book of Virtues"

It had a gift card inside so it was okay.. but I don't think I'll ever read the book...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR=red] Harry potter lego, my aunt thinks i'm still a child or something... sorry if i offended anyone who likes it.[/COLOR]
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
Bath towels anyone? Heh, my aunt got me some because I'm moving out of the house soon...sure I need some...but I'd rather just buy them instead of getting them as as gift :rolleyes: :D
Posted
[B]Yeah I got the most terrible Sweatshirt of all time from a relative last year, it was in a really dark green colour[/B]
Posted
i got hankerchiefs last year from my auntie!HANKERCHIEFS!
what would i do with hankerchiefs?!
did she think id actually like them?
for gawds sake....

but what can you do?
you just have grin and say "[I]wow thats sooo nice of you ..thanks[/I] "
Posted
1. jewelry (I NEVER wear jewelry, unless its my one necklace, and that's all)
2. curling iron (another dust collecter)

I guess they don't want me to be such a tomboy. Too bad. I don't really care about presents anyway. And I'm an ungrateful *****. Bite me.

The best presents were the monetary donations. My brother got a razor pogo stick though, now I can go to the skatepark and pounce on people that fall. Ho ho ho!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]The best presents were the monetary donations. My brother got a razor pogo stick though, now I can go to the skatepark and pounce on people that fall. Ho ho ho! [/B][/QUOTE]

My gawd you're evil :laugh: :devil:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=red] Harry potter lego, my aunt thinks i'm still a child or something... sorry if i offended anyone who likes it.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

i'll take it! i will never, ever outgrow legos.
Posted
[B]Ah yes, the old lego, i used to build so many cool things with that, buildings, spaceships. If only building was that simple in real life![/B]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]

i'll take it! i will never, ever outgrow legos. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not that i don't like Lego... I bet i love it more than anyone here. I haven't met someone with more of it than me, I just hate Harry Potter i can't use hardly any of the pieces to continue building my 18 and a half foot tall 1 square foot in diameter type tower thing... *GASP*
Posted
Cloud...? I din't think your Aunt would be ALIVE! Take a look at your profile...It says that you're around 100 years old! :laugh:

Edit: (See, I'm a GoOd LiTtLe MoNkEy I eDiTeD mY pOsT iNsTeAd Of DoUbLe PoStInG! :drunk: ) I bet I've got more Lego than you! :p
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

Not that i don't like Lego... I bet i love it more than anyone here. I haven't met someone with more of it than me, I just hate Harry Potter i can't use hardly any of the pieces to continue building my 18 and a half foot tall 1 square foot in diameter type tower thing... *GASP* [/B][/QUOTE]

[B]That one big piece of lego building Cloud, that must of taken you a while, what happens when the lego people stop paying rent- you gonna build a lego wrecking ball and destroy the lego tower?????? Go on, give in to evilness[/B] :flaming:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B]

[B]That one big piece of lego building Cloud, that must of taken you a while, what happens when the lego people stop paying rent- you gonna build a lego wrecking ball and destroy the lego tower?????? Go on, give in to evilness[/B] :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

hehe now that u mention it, when i was little my brother would spend hours on these cool lego things and i would come in with a green sheet over my head and pretend i was a monster and smoosh them O.o;;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Frankie5 Angels [/i]
[B]As far as im concerned there is no such thing as a bad gift. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with Franke5 here. I've never gotten a gift that I don't like, so I s'pose that's lead me to thinking that there's no bad gift. Which I think is a right way to think.....
Posted
a silk night gown *shudder*my grandma is so ..never mind

pink with yellow flowers

i hate pink and yellow does not look good on me anyway

dont forget that i am a tomboy mabey its my name

Frankie Shaw no that cant be it mabey its cause i just want to be oh well my sister disposed of the silk thing a ma jig as soon as she seen it


and yes my name is Frankie Shaw
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]Cloud...? I din't think your Aunt would be ALIVE! Take a look at your profile...It says that you're around 100 years old! :laugh:

Edit: (See, I'm a GoOd LiTtLe MoNkEy I eDiTeD mY pOsT iNsTeAd Of DoUbLe PoStInG! :drunk: ) I bet I've got more Lego than you! :p [/B][/QUOTE]


[COLOR=red]

:bellylol: :bellylol: :bellylol: :bellylol:


What do you wanna bet? How many singular pieces do you have?.... just estimate... then i'll give you my answer....

lol... yeah i know my aunt is old.... 139 to be excat
[/COLOR] :drunk:


[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B]

[B]That one big piece of lego building Cloud, that must of taken you a while, what happens when the lego people stop paying rent- you gonna build a lego wrecking ball and destroy the lego tower?????? Go on, give in to evilness[/B] :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]I plan on doing worse than that![/COLOR] :devil:
Posted
[FONT=century gothic]The worst gift I ever got was this nasty-smelling mess-in-a-small-plastic-container that was popular a few years ago. Gak, or however you spell it.

Nothing beats Silly Putty.[/FONT] ;)
Posted
hmm......... the only gifts I condsider 'bad' are the ones that I [i]know[/i] didn't have any thought put into them and scream 'I was thinking of my potato patch at home when I picked this up'. You know what I'm talking about, you look at it and go.............. 'wtf were you thinking?!' Now, even if it's an odd gift, but it's nice altogether and you can somewhat guess where the giver was going with it, then it's alright.
Posted
I know this might seem really strange to most of you, well some at least, but I was very down heartened yesterday when I got given 'Austin Powers the spy who shagged me' by my mum. Admitedly I have seen the film before, at least twice, and it does have some funny points...but it's not one that I'd ever bother to watch unless someone else had put it on and I had nothing else to do. Its not that it's boring, just apart from Seth Green :tasty: the whole film gives me the wiggs. Thinking about it now I feel really really bad inside :( We haven't had much luck with jobs and things at my house so we didnt get very much at all for christmas and just thinking back to how stressed my mum looked that me and my bro had a good time...god I think I'm going to be sick. Just her face when I opened up that present...I could see her searching for happiness and gratefullness...I could practically see her heart break when I pulled a weak grin and just mumbled "a video..wicked..kool..thanx" and just put it to one side. We did watch it...but I swear she's got to be so down cause it was my bro that wanted to see it and I just kept saying "look you and mum can watch it if you really want to, I dont care, but I don't want to watch it!" :bawl: I'm not over reacting, I feel really sh!tty about this...just the more I think about it the more I see those deep blue eyes looking earnestly into mine...searching...hoping that the owner had done something specail :( :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]I know this might seem really strange to most of you, well some at least, but I was very down heartened yesterday when I got given 'Austin Powers the spy who shagged me' by my mum. Admitedly I have seen the film before, at least twice, and it does have some funny points...but it's not one that I'd ever bother to watch unless someone else had put it on and I had nothing else to do. Its not that it's boring, just apart from Seth Green :tasty: the whole film gives me the wiggs. Thinking about it now I feel really really bad inside :( We haven't had much luck with jobs and things at my house so we didnt get very much at all for christmas and just thinking back to how stressed my mum looked that me and my bro had a good time...god I think I'm going to be sick. Just her face when I opened up that present...I could see her searching for happiness and gratefullness...I could practically see her heart break when I pulled a weak grin and just mumbled "a video..wicked..kool..thanx" and just put it to one side. We did watch it...but I swear she's got to be so down cause it was my bro that wanted to see it and I just kept saying "look you and mum can watch it if you really want to, I dont care, but I don't want to watch it!" :bawl: I'm not over reacting, I feel really sh!tty about this...just the more I think about it the more I see those deep blue eyes looking earnestly into mine...searching...hoping that the owner had done something specail :( :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]


Christmas is soo much better when you're young and nieve...:(
I'm right there with ya Velvet...:worried:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...