OtakuBoards

Fushigi Yugi Subbed and Dubbed

Queen Asuka

[color=crimson]Me, yes, I'm a big Fushigi Yugi fan. I have the whole series and the first 2 OVAs. Well, one of them is Subbed and the other is Dubbed. NOW WHAT IS UP WITH THE DUBBED? I never knew how horrible the dubbed version was until I finally saw it subbed. And that was wonderful! So why did they change it so much? And it seems more MATURE when it's subbed and more ADOLESENT when it's dubbed. I don't know, I just didn't like it...but there's no way I'm going to re-buy this entire series just so I can see it subbed but still...[/color]

I am going to have to disagree with you .. I like the dubbed more then the subbed... I saw FY subbed first and couldn't stand it.. the voices annoyed me they were all scary as hell Tamahome's voice was the first oh and hotohori's..

But I have seen all of it subbed and all of it dubbed... In the dubbed versoin they tell the story better it makes more sense.. in the subbed i was lost most of the time.. I guess it was you are used to since i am used to dubbd i tend to like dubbed more but there are exceptions like kenshin and sailor moon and a others that i can't think of.. but some series are better dubbed oh well thats just me.. and what i am used to

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]I am going to have to disagree with you .. I like the dubbed more then the subbed... I saw FY subbed first and couldn't stand it.. the voices annoyed me they were all scary as hell Tamahome's voice was the first oh and hotohori's..

But I have seen all of it subbed and all of it dubbed... In the dubbed versoin they tell the story better it makes more sense.. in the subbed i was lost most of the time.. I guess it was you are used to since i am used to dubbd i tend to like dubbed more but there are exceptions like kenshin and sailor moon and a others that i can't think of.. but some series are better dubbed oh well thats just me.. and what i am used to [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I think I about agree with that. I like some series dubbed, and I have FY and Nadesico and Ranma dubbed, and I have one Ranma subbed, but it's so cute though..I don't know, I like them BOTH! Especially in FY I liked them both..but anywho..[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]I've only seen the dubbed version, so I wouldn't know how good the subtitled version is. I like it, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Well I got the first OVA subbed..it's really awesome, but I dont' know if you'll be able to watch it. There is a part where a girl shows off her CHEST...so yeah...it was kind of more MATURE than the usually series is...[/color]

Guest Saiyaman
Snail you are the saddest Otaku ever. Dumb Dead Spamming insect!

Dubbed : A version of one certain format of a television show or movie into a different language

Subbed : A format of WRITING at the bottom of the screen in a different language.

IMO subbed is like, 90% of the time better than dubbed.... hands down! I like that one subbed OAV I saw better that the other 16 volumes of dubbed shows of FY. It sounds more fake to me when it's dubbed, like the 'actors' just aren't professional, and they don't do the characters justice. Now some dubbs aren't that bad... but let me tell you, Miaka is so **aggrivating** to me dubbed. I warmed up to her Japanese voice more.