OtakuBoards

What You Want For Christmas THIS YEAR

DeadSeraphim

[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]... Why do people ask clothing for Christmas all the time? Aren't you supposed to like... buy them through the whole year when you need them?

It's like asking shampoo or something, where's the fun in that? [/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I'd take shampoo for Christmas. The shampoo I like is pretty expensive, so it would make a great gift.

On that note, what I really want for Christmas is kitchen/houseware for my apartment. My roommate is leaving towards the end of December, so once they're gone we won't have anything to cook with. Actually, all of our common areas will be completely bare, so this is something I need to start preparing for now.

As for fun things I want, I'd really like a pair of headphones for my iPod that don't entirely suck. I'm pretty spoiled as it is; there isn't anything I'm [i]dying[/i] to get this year.

-Shy[/size]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally, I'd love a Wii and something from Barnes & Noble. There a collection of t[i]The Sandman[/i] coming out that looks most awesome. That's the first American comic I've ever been really interested in, although I don't know too much about the series. Any opinions?

I could go on for a long time in all my Nintendo fangirling about the awesomeness of the Wii and how I have gamer's lust for it. Really, anything Nintendo would be lovely.

Art books would be really nice, especially something by Kaori Yuki or Yoshitaka Amano. I can stare for hours at the pictures and go "Guhh... pretty..." for hours.

Unfortunately, it's been years since I've gotten anything on Christmas. I'll have to wait until income tax time, because that's the only time my mom can afford to get me anything. Christmas in February is still good, just a bit delayed.

[quote name='kalon]Ideally, I'd love a Wii and something from Barnes & Noble. There a collection of t[i]The Sandman[/i'] coming out that looks most awesome. That's the first American comic I've ever been really interested in, although I don't know too much about the series. Any opinions?[/quote]
I've only been through the first volume or so, but I immensely enjoyed what I've read of the series. The artwork isn't the best, but the writing makes it absolutely worthwhile. If you've read any of Neil Gaiman's novels, you probably know what I mean. To be on the safe side, I should add that it can get pretty disturbing. Since you have a Cain banner and avatar set, though, I don't think you have anything to worry about. :p

~Dagger~

[color=#0033ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I'm nearly broke and only have a part time job that pays bi-monthly so now I have decided I need to be more practical.

I would like a set of tires for my car because I have to drive in the snow. They don't have to be expensive tires, but ones with tread would be most appreciated.

And I would also like some contacts. I hate my glasses! Seriously they are really evil and they're digging into my left ear. I would adore some contacts.

I don't have to ask for a new leather jacket... my mom's got one for me already :D But yeah, tires and contacts.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]I'm only asking for a digital camera and a panoramic poster of Egypt I found online. The digital camera is expensive enough, which is why I'm only asking for those two things.

I am planning on taking a trip to Japan in August, and having a digital camera would be great for that. I've been wanting one for years though anyhow, and we do need a new camera. My brother is more familiar with the good and bad, he's been doing some researching on them for me so I trust him with that.

I already have a panoramic poster of Japan, now I need Egypt. I'm fascinated by both, so it would be a nice little addition to my room.

I recently bought myself a black Nintendo DS lite(and Animal Crossing), and I'm constently feeling guilty about this purchase. I'm trying to save for Japan, and with car insurance, school, TKD payment, and the DS, I've spent $400 in one month. Thats not including Christmas coming up either. XD I guess the DS could be considered an early Christmas present to myself. :animesigh[/SIZE]

I always want money for the holidays.

I don't think I'm going to get anything this year though. My Dad doesn't have a job and my Mother has a job but it isn't making enough money to even pay rent :o

If I do get something I'm going to get it from my (Oh so annoying) Grandmother. She probably thinks that just going out to eat and spending the day with her is enough of a present D=

Anyway, this thread is about what I want. In this order I would want:

More (Heavier) Kettlebells (I'm not surprised if you don't know what that is)
A Book (It doesn't matter that much of what it is about.. maybe a school book)
Dinner (This would be nice if it wasn't with my Grandmother she always wants me (and my brothers) to say something to her. I just want to eat)
Money (To buy my own stuff)

These things I want. The thing is, if I DO get money then everything else that I want ends up being too much.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]

(Heavier) Kettlebells
Dinner (This would be nice if it wasn't with my Grandmother she always wants me (and my brothers) to say something to her. I just want to eat)
[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Who want's EXCERSIZE things for Christmas?! This is where I ask for things I know I'm not going to get. Just to make everyone feel guilty when my birthday rolls around in March. My grandma is like that too, it's so annoying. She acts like we go to eat to talk... I mean, why else would you call it going out to eat? If you wanna talk, call it a date.:grumble:

A Class:

A 300-600lbs weight set/ kettlebells( Yeah I know... I want excersize things for Christmas okay?!)

An electric Guitar/ A full sized keyboard

Clothes( Yes, I WANT clothes)

$1,000( this would be first but I don't buy things I ask for when I get money)

B Class:

I-Pod

Digi-cam( want it, but don't want it bad)

Football( NFL sized)

And for the REALLY wishful stuff....

S Class

New house ( 5 bedroom, 3 bath, [B]INDOOR[/B] pool & hot tub, 2 stories, spacious interior, big front and back yards, rich neighborhood, front and back yards with no dirt patches,)

Everything on the A and B class lists. :p

[EDITED: House]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='NightmareVC']New house ( 5 bedroom, 3 bath, pool, hot tub, 2 stories, spacious interior, big front and back yards, rich neighborhood, front and back yards with no dirt patches,)[/quote]Make it an indoor pool and hot tub and I'd add that to my wish list for Christmas. After all it's no fun to have a pool if you can't use it half of the year. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

Leon... those pictures are giant! Take them down alittle bit if you don't mind.

You could have just wrote out a list like every other sane person!

Nice to see you are alive though.

With pictures though, smaller the better =D

Oh, NightmareVC... A nice big ol' house would be just terrific!

Add that to my not going to get this year list D=