OtakuBoards

What You Want For Christmas THIS YEAR

DeadSeraphim

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Holy crap... a Red Octurne DDR mat ftw! Those things are better than the crappy ones that I have now and they don't move all over the place. It's also more reliable and sturdy... ha ha ha, perverted joke there. XD

Anyways, I go with Delta and Ezekiel for some gifts: manslaves and a figurine of Vincent Valentine... damn you both have good taste. XD Well, I guess what I really want most for Christmas is the [B]PS3[/B] and the reamake of [B]FF VII[/B]. Seeing as how I'm a PS girl all the way, those two gifts alone will just about rock my socks. I guess I would also want the latest volume of [B]Fruits Basket[/B], [B]Bleach[/B] and [B]Kingdom Hearts[/B] manga, just so that my manga collection can grow more and more. XD

Well, since we ARE talking about what we really want for Christmas, I guess I'd also want Kadaj and Yazoo figurines for my book case... imagine all the fun stories I could tell with those.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Keyblade Wielder][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well, I guess what I really want most for Christmas is the [B]PS3[/B] and the reamake of [B]FF VII[/B]. Seeing as how I'm a PS girl all the way, those two gifts alone will just about rock my socks.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Hate to burst your bubble, but Square Enix have consistently denied that they're making a remake. I think the closest you can expect is to be able to buy and download the game online from Sony's online store, but you're not gonna see Cloud all bishi-ed up on the World Map anytime soon.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Christmas is glorious its the one time when I see a lot of smiles on peoples faces and the one time when I think you should be happy.

But to get back on subject the things I want is well...to be honest its more like an emotion( and I already have it)I want everyone to have and that's happiness and to just relax ya' now. I believe you shoudn't feel pressured, sad, mad or anything but the two emotions of happiness.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Man I almost forgot about this other stuff.

I would love to get the CD of The Winx Power Show from Italy. I saw it online for $14.99, but I can't get it right now. I want to go to work blasting Non C'e Amore and Balla con Me from my speakers even if I don't know anything but the titles.

I also want the RAI dvds of the Winx Club Cartoon because 4Kids dubbed it so badly. Again that can only be ordered online from Italy. And I think I have a better chance of getting it from my friends than I do from my family.

[size=4][b][u]CLOTHES![/size][/u][/b] I've lost thirty pounds and most of my pants are too big on me now. I only have 3 pairs of jeans that are wearable. But damn do I look good. :animesmil

New tires for my car. Yes that's way practical. But I don't have the money to replace them right now and I do need them.

I need new sneakers too. I even know the exact ones I want: [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Make%20me%20over/2345847_z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Make%20me%20over/2345846_z.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah I think that's it.[/color][/font]

[font=tahoma]Well lesse...me and my friends are chipping in for a Wii, and i'm buying LoZ: Twilight Princess for myself (I'm the only LoZ fan of the group). So that's a done deal.

I have a PS3 plan going for christmas where i've just told everyone who wants to get me something to simply chip in money or gift cards so i can get it...I have 200 in the fund at the moment, so the only thing i'd pretty much have to pay out of my own pocket is the first game i'm going to get. Which will be the game i've been dying to play since it came out but haven't been able to, [b]Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion[/b] :D . That will definitly hold me over for a couple of years, let alone until MGS4 and FFXIII come out. 3 games that make purchasing the system worth while for me (despite everyone's lost faith in Sony).

Other then VG stuff, I guess i'd like a new ipod...since mine broke :animecry:

Though i'm only really expecting to get the Wii, LOZ, PS3. Luckily the only dent in my wallet will be less then $300. I'll end up spending more than that on gifts for people.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma] Which will be the game i've been dying to play since it came out but haven't been able to, [b]Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion[/b'] :D . That will definitly hold me over for a couple of years, let alone until MGS4 and FFXIII come out.[/font][/quote]

[size=1][color=slategray]Actually, I only got about 160 hours of gameplay on Oblivion. It was an amazing site, but lacked in length. But, then again, it depends on how long you sittings are... 160 hours could be a long time for people. Ah well.
Now you know.

Anyway.
This year... I actually don't have much I want. But here's the list:
- Originial [B]Power Rangers[/B] shirt
- First season DVD set of [B]Digimon[/B]
- [B]Harvest Moon 64[/B] (wooing the ladies is so much more satisfactory on the good old Nintendo 64.)
- [B]The LoveCrave[/B] CD
- "Violet" by [B]The Birthday Massacre[/B]
- A shirt that says "Let's get Jak'd up" >>
- Chocolate
- [B]Dance Dance Revolution[/B] (oh my, haha)
- [B]Teen Titans[/B] action figures
- [B]Batman[/B] comics
- Lesbian novels
- A femme boy ;)

Well, that just about makes me look like a geek.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]Actually, I only got about 160 hours of gameplay on Oblivion. It was an amazing site, but lacked in length. But, then again, it depends on how long you sittings are... 160 hours could be a long time for people. Ah well.
Now you know.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Well i'm taking into consideration replay value as well, i may wanna go through it with different chars and what not. Assuming it can captivate my interest in that fashion. But i pretty much won't be playing it for very long hours at a time, least not until i find out what my days off are :cool: [/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Even though I?m not likely to get it, I want a pink DS Lite for Christmas. I say I?m not likely since getting the DS Lite along with some of the games I would love to have is more than my parents usually spend on me.

Failing that I?ll settle for some anime DVD?s, mangas or the next Baten Kaitos since I?ve beaten Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. It wasn?t my favorite game, but I enjoyed it enough that I?m eager to play the new one. ^_^

Oh and naturally I want Twilight Princess for the GameCube as I just love Zelda![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]
I just want my life back in order, but I think it'll take more than a holiday for that to happen.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Same here. XP I don't enjoy staying up till 4 AM, honestly.

Of course, there's a ton of stuff I want (because that never ends, does it?), but the things I really hope I get for Christmas are the .hack//G.U. OST, .hack//Game Music Perfect Collection, and the Escaflowne boxset.
What I also hope people will think to get me is a new CD player (really need a new one, mine's six years old) and Elite Beat Agents for the DS. That game looks so awesome!
And I can just bet my mom will get me some kind of clothing; she usually does.

But really, I'll be happy with anything I get. I hope I can be able to look past the "I want this and that" part of Christmas and just have fun.

By the way, what does "ftw" mean? I keep seeing it everywhere, and I have no clue what it might be.

[quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]- First season DVD set of [b]Digimon[/b] [/color'][/size][/quote][color=#503f86]There's a one of those? I want one too.

I really haven't though much about Christmas this year. I'd rather focus on getting things for other people. But, I would love for [b]Reboot[/b] to get a Season 5. But that probably won't happen, heh.[/color]

[FONT=Arial]I want a lot of expensive stuff that will take years of saving and birthdays and Christmas' to get. That's why I'm only asking for one thing this year (because my 13 year old sister wants a Nintendo DS, for no apparent reason, I think).

What I really really want most of all is an iPod. I'm torn between the nano and the video, but my mom has sort of completely blocked out any possibilities of getting a video one. It just seems like the nano is awfully small...

I can expect around $60-$90 from relatives, with which I'll probably buy a crapload of music. Aside from the expensive things I want, there are tons of less expensive things I'd like that I could buy. What's the point of saving? =P

I'd also really reaaaaally like a 30 watt Line 6 amp with built in reverb (I found an amazing one on Sam Ash's website that comes with phaser, tremolo, reverb, and generally awesome abilities), a sexy white Gibson guitar (if one exists), a Fender Jazz Bass (way too expensive), and several CDs. Those aren't coming anytime soon, though.[/FONT]

Hmmm, I only have 4 items on my list this year.
1- complete collection of galaxy angel volume 1.
2- megaman nt warrior volume 5 (DVD)
3- a megaman nt warrior PET advanced blue
4- a bicycle helmet T_T.
Most of them have to do with anime and my parents think that's a little crazy but i want all of this crap and the dvds will be fun to watch ^_^.

[QUOTE=Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]- First season DVD set of [B]Digimon[/B]
[/color][/size][/QUOTE][quote name='Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86']There's a one of those? I want one too.[/color][/quote]
[color=#9933ff]Lol, I saw that, Solo, and I'd have to say I want it too! Although, I might opt for season three, instead. Oh man, devi's weekly rants about Tamers were the shiz, back in the day.

I asked my mom for a lot for Christmas, although I know she'll buy a bunch of other things to surprise me with. The thing I'm looking forward to (if she can get it) is a DDR pad and a USB cable. I want to be able to plug it into my comptuer so I can play step mania with it!!! She went to toys R Us and they said that the USB cable from a DDR mat to the comp didn't exist. I have to research that. (If anyone can verify its existence, I'll be grateful. ^^; )

I also asked for a white Coach bag (yeah, I love designer handbags. That's really my only indulgence, though!).

The funniest thing I asked her for was $40, so that I can buy a Drama CD on cdjapan.co.jp. lol. I'm not sure which one I was gonna get for Weiss Kreuz, but I was thinking ofstarting chronologically by release order, which would mean getting the Crashers CD. Omi's my fave, but damn, Takehito Koyasu's (plays Aya) [u]voice[/u] is [u]hot[/u]!

I asked for a couple of other things, though I don't really remember what they were. I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised. =)[/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]

I also asked for a white Coach bag (yeah, I love designer handbags. That's really my only indulgence, though!).
[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] Nice. ;) I love the Coach bags. If it were possible I'd probably ask for a patchwork or Hamptons. Every time I go to the mall I go into Coach and just drool over their handbags and wish I had a couple hundred bucks as chump change. >_>

And to add to my fairy-tale wishlist:

[img]http://xs309.xs.to/xs309/06472/B70292011.jpg[/img]

Burton Feelgood. P:
[/color]

I asked for...

Final Fantasy XII
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (the Smashing Pumpkins CD)
Kaleido Star: New Wings volumes 5 & 6 (anime DVDs)
A Borders gift card

Assuming that I'm given the gift card, I'm definitely going to spend it on acquiring more Haruki Murakami goodness. I started reading some of his stuff a few days ago (Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, followed by The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and now Kafka by the Shore) and absolutely tore through it. It's been ages since I was so thrilled by a particular writer; now I'm just mad at myself for waiting so long to read his stuff. For some reason I had always avoided it, even when I was reading a lot of other Japanese literature.

Well, it'll be either Murakami or BL manga. One or the other, haha.

If there are bigger presents I want, I'll probably just give them to myself. I'm thinking of buying myself a DS, but I'm not sure that I will--I'm mainly interested in Phoenix Wright, the Xenosaga compilation and Death Note game, and two of the three won't be coming over here for a while. Plus, I'd feel a little guilty about getting a DS when I still have a minor backlog of purchased but unplayed PS2 games. Considering that I already got the first PW game, though, I'll certainly be picking a DS up sooner or later.

~Dagger~

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I read a Murakami short story called [i]Super-Frog Saves Tokyo[/i] as part of my Creative Writing degree and now I want to read more! But the writers I'm directing people to this Christmas are Neil Gaiman (the novels, not [i]Sandman[/i]) and Jon Courtenay Grimwood.

The last few years have been 'square' Christmasses - that is, ones where all my presents are basically box-shaped because they're all books, CDs or DVDs. This year is no different - the aforementioned writers, CDs by Dan Sartain, Guillemots and Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, and the best of Monty Python DVD set. It's the Pythons' favourite sketches - by definition, surely, the best ones ever![/FONT]

[size=1][color=#4B5B5B]MMM...LG White Chocolate. It's quite possibly one of the most sexiest phones I've ever seen. In fact, it is the most sexiest phone.

Now, I haven't asked for anything...yet. However, what I [i]want[/i] is a different story. Actually, come to think of it, I have no idea what I want. Like Dead said, the sparkle of Christmas just isn't there and that includes the sparkle of present. Other than the obvious: money, gift cards, and my boyfriend; I guess I'd want a MacBook, a new digital camera, sais [just because those are wicked awesome], America McGee's Alice in Wonderland, and, just for the heck of it, a punching bag.

And then there's anything remotely related to [B][u]The Nightmare Before Christmas[/B][/u]...and just to make it sound crazy: a Suzuki Hayabusa.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Teal][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Hehe.. X-Mas, my favorite time of year! The music and everyone running around outside just makes you wanna go out there and start spending some money! I call it the "Christmas high". But anyways here are some things that I want for Christmas from my parents and friends ( if I do not receive them before Christmas day itself ):

- [B]A brand new Sidekick 3[/B]. I've actually been pondering whether or not to go out and buy this myself, I absolutely [B]NEED[/B] this phone. I mean it does everything you can possibly ask for! I'd be more than happy to throw away my Razr for a Sidekick 3.

- [B]A new laptop[/B]. I don't care for any kind as long as its small in size that I can carry with myself to the cafe and such without it having to be a workout.

- [B]Paint job for my car[/B]. I don't know if this is an actual Christmas present but.. I just want to change the color of my car. Perhaps my parents can send some money to get it done?

- [B]New clothes.[/B] And they have to be fashionable, no Wal-Mart specials.

And that's about it. First three can run pretty expensive.. but hey! It's Christmas, you can't be cheap.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]... Why do people ask clothing for Christmas all the time? Aren't you supposed to like... buy them through the whole year when you need them?

It's like asking shampoo or something, where's the fun in that? [/size]

Guest Heero yuy
One way ticket to Alaska

Laptop computer

or Fender Crafted in Japan 1962 reissue jazz bass or P-bass in three tone sunburst and u.s. pickups with maple neck.

Everything is too pricey.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]What I want this year is....
-Eureka Seven for ps2
- A new digital camera
- FMA collecter's edition
- More memory for my laptop...
-DDR: Supernova

I know I won't get everything, that's just what I want.
[/COLOR] :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dagger]I asked for...

Final Fantasy XII
[B]Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (the Smashing Pumpkins CD)[/B]
Kaleido Star: New Wings volumes 5 & 6 (anime DVDs)
A Borders gift card[/QUOTE]

FFXII is really good. Hopefully you'll like it.

Also, Mellon Collie is such a good album. It's insane how many big songs came off of that one double disc album.

Muzzle is my favorite song ever. I have a hard time saying what my "favorite" anything is, but that's one I'm pretty damn positive about.

Anyway, I got my MP3 player already: Creative Zen Vision: M. It rocks.

So now I don't really want anything. I'm sitting here and trying to come up with something and absolutely nothing is coming to mind. I guess I wouldn't mind some Sour Patch Kids.