OtakuBoards

Let's Abolish Profanity in Adventure Square/Reform thread

Charles

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]I guess since things are headed that way, I might as well post the forum layout I've been tinkering with.

Multimedia/Entertainment
- Anime Lounge
- - Manga Workshop
- Hardwired
- Music, Movies & TV

Community
- Community Events
- Otaku Lounge
- Game Room
- Suggestions & Feedback

Creative Works
- Adventure Square
- - Arena Underground
- Art Studio
- - Art by Request

The category/forum list is pretty self explanatory at this point I think. I basically took Shy's proposal for The Arena, swapped the games forum for Art Studio, and put the audio/visual entertainment forums into one category. I think this would create better defined categories by putting forums of similar subject matter together, rather than having the "everything else" category that Arts and Entertainment is now.[/color]

[font=arial]I will take your suggestions into account - but I should mention that when this update occurs, the site might be down for a little longer than it was for the last update (perhaps for most of the weekend). Changing forums around is one thing, but we need to radically change our sticky threads - they are too many of them and they are too lengthy at the moment.[/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Question.

If you are going to go by Desbreko's lay out, will the Anthology and other single author stories be in the Adventure Square? Will the Underground be deleted all together?[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, I wouldn't expect something that big to happen overnight. And, of course, I'm willing to help out with the changes. Though I start school again on the 22nd, so I might be a little busy getting things ready next weekend.[/color]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkred][size=1]

Question.

If you are going to go by Desbreko's lay out, will the Anthology and other single author stories be in the Adventure Square? Will the Underground be deleted all together?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]At this stage I'm not planning to go by Desbreko's layout. The point that I'm following with Desbreko is related to a better grouping situation - he's right in that sense. In terms of his specific forum structure, I don't think it's quite what I want to follow at this point.

At the moment I'm really not comfortable with merging OB Anthology and Adventure Square. However, I do think that Arena Underground can probably be rolled into Adventure Inn.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
I don?t completely understand the layout, but now that things are actually being changed I do have a suggestion. I propose that another section be added. One that is for Otakupedia, a section that is solely for the history of the boards. It is nicely tucked into the Otaku Lounge at the moment, but combined with the idea that Sandy presented about The OtakuBoards Records, I was thinking that the two threads along with two threads for members to input suggestions would make a good section. I suppose if you created it the current Otakupedia thread and the one for suggestions could simply be moved over to it.

I don't know what name to use other than the Otakupedia and OtakuRecords, but if I understand correctly, even though the whole idea is to make things simpler it seems that something like this more than stands on its own and needs it?s own spot. And perhaps having it?s own section would keep it in the mind of other members as it would establish it as a more permanent feature of the boards.

And seeing that Charles put so much work into getting the idea off the ground, I?m thinking he would be the perfect person for the job of keeping it updated.

I hope I made sense with my idea.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I propose that another section be added. One that is for Otakupedia, a section that is solely for the history of the boards. It is nicely tucked into the Otaku Lounge at the moment, but combined with the idea that Sandy presented about The OtakuBoards Records, I was thinking that the two threads along with two threads for members to input suggestions would make a good section. I suppose if you created it the current Otakupedia thread and the one for suggestions could simply be moved over to it.[/quote] *high five*

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']The current plan is to have a separate website for Otakupedia, rather than have it be on OB itself. That way each article could actually have its own page, rather than having everything in one gigantic thread.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Good idea, I just have one question though, will this be held on the Otaku network like the Kill Adam site was, but with a Wiki format ? Or will it be hosted off the Wiki network as a Wikicities site ?[/SIZE]

[font=arial]I've contracted someone to develop Otakupedia for me (on the technological side anyway) so hopefully that'll be ready before too long.

The address will probably be [url]www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia[/url] or something like that. And of course, we will have a front page link to the site.

I do kind of like the idea of a forum category for Otakupedia though, but I just think it would become too difficult to manage with threads.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]I've contracted someone to develop Otakupedia for me (on the technological side anyway) so hopefully that'll be ready before too long.

The address will probably be [url]www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia[/url] or something like that. And of course, we will have a front page link to the site.

I do kind of like the idea of a forum category for Otakupedia though, but I just think it would become too difficult to manage with threads.[/font][/QUOTE]That's good to hear. :catgirl: And that's really what I was driving at, and having a link to it on the page would work just as well, especially if it's easier to do it that way instead of using threads. I honestly don't understand that side of it.

Either way I'll be glad to see the otakupedia once it?s in the new format. It's definitely been fun to read.