OtakuBoards

Man & Woman [PG - SV]

Redemption

[center][IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/bishie_owner/title.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[size=2][u]Chapter 1: A Storm Is Brewing[/size][/u]

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]Neron rummaged around in his drawers, gathering what clothes he needed for his new position on the [I]Obsession[/I]. He turned to his simple bed and laid the bundle of the clothes down on it. One by one, he folded them into the medium-sized suitcase that also lay on the bed, pushing his glasses back onto his nose as they slipped down each time he bent over. The echoes of industry entered in through the open window above where he worked. A small flutter caught Neron?s attention as his invitation almost escaped out of the window. He snatched it quickly from the air, crumpling it slightly. A look of distaste flitted through his eyes as he smoothed it out again, re-reading the contents for the seventh time.

[INDENT][b]Neron Reinhardt

Congratulations, you have been chosen as the doctor upon the [I]Obsession[/I].

During battle, the doctor is responsible for any injured patrons inside the ward, as well as any casualties that occur during the fighting.

Out of battle, the doctor is responsible, again, for any injured patrons inside the ward. If a battle occurs and a patient is needed, the doctor has the authority to over-ride the captain?s orders if the doctor believes that the patient is not well enough to participate. In addition to that, if any deaths happen on board, it is the doctor?s duty to investigate the cause of death and to follow the procedures in disposing of the body. Finally, the doctor should treat any ailment if one of the staff on the battleship complains to them about it. All bodily information will be stored on an ID card that each of the staff on the battleship will carry on their persons at all times.

Lastly, it is requested of the doctor to document the situation on board of the battleship during its flight. This includes any outer influences and experiences that the crew may endure. The documentation should be done from a purely professional point of view.

You are to pack your belongings and head to Satellite dock 1, the eastern entrance for briefing at 1700 hours. There you will meet up with others that have also been accepted onto the Obsession.

Further instructions shall be issued on site by an officer.

Yours sincerely

[I]Arusun Zeris[/I]
Supreme General of Rasm[/b][/INDENT]

Neron couldn?t believe that the leader of their planet had signed this invitation personally. However, this made the doctor more suspicious. The [I]Obsession[/I] had to be something special, otherwise one of the leader?s underlings would have signed it. A small smile graced his thin lips. He was eager to meet who else was accepted onto the prototype battleship.

[center]==============================================[/center]

With his suitcase in tow, Neron made his way up to the famous Satellite dock. It was a place where the leaders of both planets, Rasm and Svune, would meet to discuss treaties, amongst other things. However, it hadn?t been used of late because of the continuous war that had been fought between the two for over five years now. Again, it was something that Neron made note of, adding to his mental notebook of suspicious circumstances that surrounded this battleship.

As Neron was led through the hallway by a constantly running, electronic handrail, he noticed that all of the windows were blacked out. He couldn?t see anything beyond the pane?s glass as he floated in near zero gravity. His eyes sharpened warily behind his circular framed glasses. Neron had hoped to catch a glimpse of the battleship out on the dock before he boarded it.

Finally, the doctor came to the end of the belt and felt his feet touch the floor. Two officers stood either side of a pair of ominous looking doors. So this was it ? the eastern entrance to the dock that held the [I]Obsession[/I]. Neron felt apprehensive about the situation he was about to step into. But, excitement and curiosity overcame his uneasiness as he waited for his male colleagues to arrive.[/color][/INDENT]

[b]OOC: Men, gather at the eastern entrance. Women, gather at the western entrance. Thanks.[/size][/b]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Axel sat in a restaurant hearing the clatter of knives, plates and forks. He wondered why he sat down torturing himself by watching other people stuff them selves. All Axel could afford was the free complementary bread and two dollar soup. Two dollars was all Axel could conjure up, all that was left to his name. Now the Axel bank was left to zero dollars and zero cents on this meal, what a bother.

Axel broke a piece of his bread and stuffed it in his mouth. Maybe that Obsession ship had some grub, no nice grub. No drool, no slob, no strange brown thing ready to attack you whole as soon as you poke it with a fork. Axel dug inside his sweater and pull out the Obsession letter.

He was invited to go aboard on the ship Obsession as a fighter. Great, this sure must be a fake. Yet the letter looks too authentic having the royal signature of the supreme general. Not one of his friends could have faked this, all where way too stupid. There must be a mistake.

Axel looked at his meal containing his bread and watery soup. He sighed blowing his golden blond bangs away from his face. He read the letter once again. He must pack up his things and head to Satellite dock 1, the eastern side. Axel looked at his gym bag that was filled with his clothes tucked under his seat. Axel has been long debating with himself about the letter, extremely doubting himself. Yet Axel didn?t consider it doubting just calling it the truth.

Axel sighed once again and picked up his gym bag from under the seat. If things got extremely boring he was going to split. He was kind of tired living his life as vagabond, even though the school told him he was. He stood up and lunging his gym bag behind him. He kicked his chair in and left his two dollars on the table. Onward to Satellite dock 1, eastern gate he hoped it was as impressing as it sounded.

Axel stepped on the Satellite dock annoyed as he floated through the dock belt. Axel wiggled his feet hoping of any chance of able to set his feet on the floor, no luck. His was able to finally set his feet on the ground at the end of the dock belt. He tapped his foot on the metal floor insuring him no more zero gravity. The eastern entrance to Obsession, maybe he did have[I] some[/I] sort of luck. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

Lex turned off the shower, wrapped herself in a towel and went out into her apartment. It was bleak and barely furnished. Two bar style chairs by the kitchen counter, a single circular cushioned chair in the main living area and a couch/bed against one wall. The place looked totally abandoned except for a bag casually thrown on the still made bed.

There was one other thing out of place as well. An envelope that must have been pushed under her door while she was in the shower. She bent over and picked up the envelope and slitting it open in one smooth motion with knife from the kitchen counter.

[I]So, she got the job. [/I]

Lex returned the towel to the bathroom, pulled on some cargo pants and a tank top from her bag, bushed her light brown hair into a ponytail with her fingers and closed the bag, draping it casually over her shoulder. Grabbing her weapon belt from under it, she strapped in on and walked out of the apartment hearing the definite click of the door behind her.

She scanned the dock, then glanced down at her watch. She was a little early, but not bad. Lex leaned on a post and waited.

[size=1][color=DarkGreen][i]BEEP! BEEP! BEEP![/i]

"Enough! I'm up already!" mummbled Yuri as he knocked the alarm clock off the bedstand, trying to turn it off. He sat up in bed, still groggy from the celebrating he'd done the night before.

Yuri's fatigued face studdenly broke into a grin as he reliesed just what he had been celebrating. "Today's the day!" he laughed as he bounded out of bed. He put on his glasses and picked up the alarm clock from the floor; glancing at the time, it read 2:05pm. "What! How'd it get so late?! I've got less than three hours." He quickly dropped the clock again and scrambled to get dressed and packed.

An hour later, Yuri was all packed and was scanning his apartment for anything he might have missed. "Guess that's everything," he opened up his medicine chest one more time, when he spotted his contacts and eye drops.

He picked up the case and sighed. Dispite much convencing from his friends, Yuri prefered to wear glasses. He went to replace the case, but stopped. Sighing again, he grabbed the case of contacts and solution and tossed both in his bag. [i]Just in case...[/i]

Boarding Satellite dock 1, Yuri could just feel the excitement welling up inside him. But he couldn't help but feel a since of disbelief. "Hum... I wonder what the Obession looks like," noticing the windows were blacked out. "Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough." He grinned as he floated along towards the eastern entrance. Finally feeling his feet touch the floor, he noticed he wasn't the first one here. He pulled his letter out of his pocket and scanned it over again. [i]Well,[/i] he took a nervious gulp, [i]here i goes.[/i][/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER][LEFT][COLOR=Black]4:20pm...[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Laura's patience was wearing thin as she awaited further instructions while waiting within Satellite Dock 1. The western entrance was cold and empty with only a few insignificant workers making their way through the zone.
[COLOR=Black][B][I]
[CENTER]Download Complete[/CENTER] [/I][/B][/COLOR]

A thin pastic strip connected to Xerinth's forarm burst to life in a brilliant aque blue aura as it expanded out into a mini computer. Pulling out a digital pen, Laura scrolled the new files on each of the individual's profile whom she'd be supervision.

First file contained her subordinates who'd be in charge of refuelling, reloading, and maintaing all of the Volker fighters. They were a basic model, nothing special from what Xerinth could see. They were a similar model used in the Water Wars 4 years ago in a couple colonies rebellion against the Council of Svune.

Second file contained the files of each of the Volker fighter pilots. To her surpise, only two files out of the five slots filled were given to her. Xerinth cursed underneath her breath as she contemplated this error.
[B]
"People are such idiots...how do they expect me to do my job without the proper information."[/B] she quickly dismissed the error and reviewed what files she did have...only again realizing that their 'employer' had only acccepted five pilots from the standardized number of 6 per squad. Xerinth swore once again...this time out load, echoing throughout the entire dock. She'd have to accomidate for that loss later....Laura noted this in her notepad on the computer.
[B]
"Maybe I should've been a pilot this time..."[/B] her statement drifted towards the end as the mini computer normalized into its sleek black rod state once again. Pressing a button on her belt, the gravity field formed desipated and she began to float in the air. Bringing her left foot out, Laura pressed firmly against the wall behind her and sent her flying towards the opposite wall.

With grace and control Xerinth began doing flips and kicks while her bodies motion carried her. In perfect syncrony Xerinth stopped her progressing and kicked the wall with her toes pointing upward, forcing the sole of her foot to lunge her body in zero gravity towards the wall. The same routine continued from one side all to the other; her long black leather dress (if that what you'd call it) and thrust herself from the ceiling down towards the ground. Supporting her collision with the floor with her hands and knees, with her right hand she pressed the gravity field on her belt at the right moment to eleviate the contact made with the floor.

Xerinth breathed in deeply as she rose and brushed her long brown hair away from her face. [B]"I've missed that feeling."[/B] Calming herself down with continual deep breaths, Laura returned to her personal belongings which were strapped to the walled and searched for a sandwich to eat.

[COLOR=Black][LEFT][B]4:50pm...[/B][/LEFT][/COLOR]
[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=gray]The blare of excessivly loud music streamed through October's apartment as she danced around, part celebrating, part packing. Twirling and swirling she towered her clothes into her allready full suitcase. Dancing past a small table she grabbed the letter holding it up, moving as she read it again. Satisfied with the reality of the letter once more she dropped down onto her bed. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]October ran over everything she would need in her mind. She might have been taking too much, but better safe than sorry. [b]"Only one thing left to do, before that"[/b], October grimaced before sitting up walking over to the last remaining outfit in her closet. Tactical body armor, since she was going to be a fighter she might as well look the part. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Slipping on the outfit was easy, it was once size fit all and excess material hung loosely. Pressing a small button on the waist caused the suit to tighten and conform, making it skin tight, ergonomic protection. The same button would make it loose again but that wouldn't be used again for awhile. The idea for the suit came from armor that needed to be fast to change into and comfortable. That way you didn't have to wear armor all the time, just when needed, but it wouldn' take you an hour to get it all situatied.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Walking back into her bed room October grabbed the other objects that weren't allready packed. Slinging her belt around her waist she tightened the buckles, doing the same to the straps around her thighs holding her two pistols in place. The back of the belt held two horozonally fixed tactical knives. It had been awhile since she had worn this, though it had been awhile since October had felt like she needed to. Though the belt felt as if she had never taken it off.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray][b]"Now for the final thing."[/b] She sighed, this was the part she never enjoyed, closing her suitcase. Pushing on the top with her hand she forced all of her weight on to the top. Though she couldn't get it close enough to close. After switching hands and positions several times, October was sitting on the lid breathing heavily as she zipped the last bit shut. Standing up she blew a stray strand of hair from her face. Now she could go; after she fixed her hair.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]October looked at the blacked out windows curiously as she walked through the Western entrance. Her suitcase rattled behind her as she dragged it along,[b] "Maybe I did bring too much stuff...."[/b] Shrugging the soreness out of her shoulders she kept walking strong [b]"Oh well, almost here anyways, it's a good thing I stay in shape."[/b][/color][/size]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Abelia clutched the paper loosely in her left hand, well manicured fingernails gripping the paper lightly. She chewed her lips raw, worrying herself over nothing. [i]I was accepted, after, all, I don't have to be worried, right?[/i] Next to applications, she feared social rejection, which led to her becoming a fighter pilot in the first place. She gripped the note tightly in her slender fingers and folded it up neatly, slipping it into her bag as she walked slowly through the building.

[i]What should I bring...maybe a book or two for enjoyment and maybe music...fresh clothes and my hairbrush...and these.[/i] She stopped the incessant chewing on her lips, turning around into the mirror and holding up something to her eye, blinking a few times before doing the other eye. Abelia smiled at her reflection, blue eyes shining softly in the reflected light from the mirror.

Placing a few more items into the suitcase, she shut it and made sure it held, before picking it up and testing it's weight. Abelia's slender arms easily held it and she turned around in time to grab a small box on her dresser before looking over the entire room. Taking a last look at her room, Abelia closed her eyes, turning around and stepping out of the door, shutting and locking it behind her.

She walked confidently, her head held high as the soles of her shoes slapped against the floor softly, her golden wavy locks framing a slender face and deep blue eyes. Looking down at her suitcase, Abelia smiled as she shrugged it over her shoulder, moving out of the building and into the streets.

In the bazaars around her building, various shops sold various things, from food to volker parts. Turning on her heel, Abelia broke into a run as she remembered something. She had to pick up her flying licsence from the mechanic shop! She thrust open the door and bounded inside, skidding to a halt at the service desk.

[b]"My name is Abelia Ondore, I need to pick up my licsence, please."[/b]

[b]"That'll be just a minute, and we'll have your bill to you in a moment."[/b] The receptionsist replied rather cooly, turning around on her high-heels and stooping low to run throught he file cabninents, looking for the papers and the bill. After a moment, she placed them in front of Abelia who quickly supplied the money and her signature in exchange for her licsence. Without enough time for a thank you, she bowed her head and took the small identification card and made her way to the western gate.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Olive][FONT=Arial Narrow]"Aren't you going to be late?" Jaden looked over at Mark just as he ran into the cupboard door in the kitchen.

A dozen or so curses flew threw the small apartment before Jaden walked back into the sitting room. Mark had his feet up on the end table in front of him, something playing on the tv as he turned to look at Jaden. Mark had an annoyed look to him as the younger man walked through with a small gym-bag.

"You know that there's no way you can pull this off Jaden. You don't have the...stuff to be a captain Jaden." Mark eyed him again before turning his focus back to the tv.

Jaden held his tongue. He had hoped that his leaving would have had a different effect on Mark. He fumbled with his key card for a few moments, bumped into a few more things before he left the apartment and started towards the docks. He had never flown before and he was so excited.

[I]Maybe that dude that looked like a doctor will be there.[/I] He thought to himself.

He hailed a cab, ran into the door twice before managing to get in. If he had really thought about it he would have seen his over abunance of clumsily as a sign that he was not meant for this adventure, but he was too overwhelmed with the idea that he was going to see something other than this planet.

When he arrived in front of the dock he knocked his head on the cab and got his fingers caught in the door as he shut it. He cursed some more, not so much from the pain but from the sheer fact that he kept screwing up. He finally entered the building and rushed down the hall. He was nearly forty-five mintues late. Not very good for a soon to be captain.

He found himself lost shortly after arriving before finally finding where he was suppose to be. He pressed the button to open the sliding door and watched every one turned to look at him, including the guy he saw during applying. He could feel his face turn red as he tripped over himself and fell flat on his face. The sliding door closing on his bag. He laid there in complete shame of himself.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]

The minute hand of the clock above Neron tickled closer and closer to the end of the sixteenth hour. As the deadline drew nearer, the doctor noticed two other males mulling around the meeting area. The officers that stood by the large steel doors scanned the small group of men, counting them mentally. After reaching the total, they nodded to each other before one stepped forward, two minutes after the deadline.

[b]? Jaden Dawn, step forward!?[/b] barked the officer.

No one moved. Neron arched his eyebrow. The officers looked at each other in slight confusion before looking back at the group.

[b]? Very well? we shall deal with his absence after we finish,?[/b] the officer mumbled in slight annoyance. [b]? Next. Yuri Grant, step forward!?[/b]

A young man with spiky black hair and light golden eyes stepped forward. Neron took note of this young man?s appearance and name. He would need it for later on when things were busy. The officer who called his name handed Yuri an ID card as well as a rather thick booklet. Yuri looked at the booklet?s title that read ?Piloting Manual ? Obsession?. He backed away after snapping to attention and saluting the officer.

[b]? Next, Axel Veto! Step forward!?[/b]

Neron watched as the only other young man stepped forward. He had medium-length blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. The officer looked Axel up and down before handing him an ID card as well as a booklet.

[b]? Once on the battleship, go down into the hanger and choose your desired Volker fighter spacecraft. Slide your ID card into the main console of the Volker and it will be registered in your name. That is all.?[/b]

Axel nodded and saluted before backing away. Now it was Neron?s turn. He stepped forward, his dark grey eyes looking at the officer in front of him.

[b]? Neron Reinhardt I assume??[/b] the officer questioned. Neron nodded his affirmative. The officer handed him an ID card like the other two as well as what looked like a hand-held computer. [b]? It is by the request of the Rasm Government that you document the events upon the [I]Obsession[/I] for review in the future.?[/b]

Neron?s eyes sharpened warily, sensing that something was amiss. However, he kept that thought to himself and took the two items of importance with an agreeable smile.
[b]? How could I refuse the Rasm Government??[/b] the doctor said in a non-threatening manner. However, there was the slightest hint of sarcasm lingering behind the words.

A sudden thump alerted the group to another person?s presence. They all looked around to see a golden-haired young man face first into the floor. Neron looked at the man with slight disdain. He seemed very clumsy and almost foolish as he lay there upon the floor. What exactly was he here for? A few moments later and the young man hastily stood, brushing himself off. The officer who was calling out names beforehand stepped forward.

[b]? Jaden Dawn??[/b]

[b]? Yes sir??[/b] the golden-haired ?boy? replied.

The officer looked shocked for some reason, Neron noted. However, he quickly shook it off and handed Jaden an ID card, like the rest of them, and a thick manual. The doctor became suddenly curious as to what that manual was for. He didn?t manage to catch a glimpse of the title before the young man stuffed it away.

[center][b]=================================================[/center][/b]

[b]? Ladies, it?s time.?[/b]

A group of four women, scattered across the room, looked towards one of the female officers that stood either side of a pair of large steel doors. It was three minutes past the deadline. The officer looked at them all with a warm smile.

[b]? If you all gather here, I can give you out your ID cards and manuals.?[/b]

The four women closed in on the female officer, surrounding her in a semi-circle.

[b]? Lexiana Cartel??[/b] A woman with dark brown eyes and medium brown, shoulder length hair grabbed her ID card and manual.

[b]? October Long.?[/b] A woman with warm chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes grabbed her things. Her hair was short and styled in a funky way.

[b]? Abelia Ondore??[/b] The only woman with long golden blonde hair and deep blue eyes stepped forward and took her card and manual. The officer looked at the three who had just received their items of importance.

[b]? You three are Volker fighters. When you get on the battleship, go down into the hanger. There you can choose your own Volker fighter spacecraft. Slide your ID card into the main console of the Volker and it will be yours. Got that??[/b]

The three women nodded and dispersed, leaving one long dark-haired woman left. The officer smiled at her warmly.

[b]? Dr Laura Xerinth??[/b] The woman nodded. [b]? Here?s your ID card and your inventory for the registry. Good luck.?[/b]

[center][b]=================================================[/center][/b]

The doors in both the western entrance and the eastern entrance opened simultaneously. Each group filtered through the doors, the corridor they passed through only dimly lit. Their footsteps echoed loudly off the walls until they walked into an enormous room. Both groups walked instinctively to the railings they could see in the dim light. Then, all of a sudden, the lights switched on.

Neron was dazzled for a few moments, his eyes not adjusting to the brightness quickly. However, as his vision returned, he could see a magnificent ship of silver and white hovering in the hanger. It truly was a work of genius. Even the doctor could see it was superbly built, able to put up one heck of a fight when the situation called for it.

Suddenly, an odd sound reached Neron?s ears. It sounded? like voices, but honey sweet and high-pitched. He turned to the source of the murmurings only to see a group of four women looking back at him. His body froze like a statue.

[b]? What is the meaning of this??[/b]

The other males had also turned to see the women standing not 10 feet away from them.

[b]? Good, you?re all here,?[/b] came a familiar voice from the right side of Neron. The doctor looked over his shoulder to see a holographic screen with Arusun Zeris? face upon it. Beside it, another screen popped up, instead showing a face of an elderly woman.

[b]? What?s going on here?!?[/b] the short, brown-haired woman shouted at the screens. [b]? What are men doing here!?[/b]

[b]? Calm down all of you,?[/b] the elderly woman said sternly. [b]? You have all been summoned here for a reason.?[/b]

[b]? What reason could there be if women are involved??[/b] one of Neron?s group members, Yuri, growled.

[b]? We did not intend for this to happen, but under the current circumstances, it was necessary,?[/b] Arusun Zeris said firmly, silencing all retorts from both groups.

Neron stepped forward, towards the screens, pushing his glasses up his nose a little. [b]? What circumstances may those be, General Zeris??[/b]

[b]? Three days ago, both Rasm and Svune Main Tower received a distress signal from one of the outer colonisation stations. As per the instructions in the message, both Agea and I read the contents of the message as first generation citizens. The message warned of a threat only known as the ?Harvesters?. There were sketchy details at best, however, we were able to determine that these ?Harvesters? were a threat to us.?[/b]

[b]? This is why you all must work together,?[/b] the elderly woman, Agea, said softly. [b]? The [I]Obsession[/I] was designed to be the flagship of the Svune main corp. However, since this new threat has surfaced, it was decided that this battleship, and Rasm?s new Volker fighters were to combine forces and fight.?[/b]

[b]? Unbelievable!?[/b] the long-haired blonde female cursed.

[b]? It is for the sake of your home worlds that you work together,?[/b] Arusun said stiffly. It seemed he wasn?t in favour of this arrangement. [b]? But it?s necessary for our species? survival. Now, your orders are to organise yourselves for launch at 2000 hours. Get to know your fellow crew members because you?re going to be with them for a long time.?[/b][/color]

OOC: Instructions are in the underground.[/size][/INDENT]

Lex narrowed her eyes and took a deep breath to steady herself. [I]This? was? insane. [/I] But, she had a job to do. This required her to break off from the other women and locate her spacecraft. She had been looking out the side of her eye down at the available fighter ships. She threw her duffle bag over her shoulder and made her way into the vessel, unclipping one of her guns from it?s holster and let it hang lose at her side in her hand. [I]She may have to work with these? men, but there was no way in hell she was going to trust them? not yet at any rate.[/I]

Lex wandered toward the left while the other two female fighters leaned right. She found the fighter she thought she would in a nitch off to the far side. Fully armed with some interesting modifications that had caught her attention. While she was running a hand over the side of it, a hover cart shot out from under it and a girl, half covered in greese and smiling from ear to ear looked up at her

[B]?Hey there! Welcome aboard.?[/B] She hoped up to her feet and extended a rather dirty leather glove [B]?I?m Kaylee?[/B]

[B]?Lex? [/B] she said, smiling slightly and gripping the girl?s hand heartily. [B]?did you do the modifications to this flyer??[/B]

[B]?Yeah! Like her? I know she doesn?t look like much compared to the other flyers, but she?s a gem.?[/B]

Lex smiled, this girls enthusiasm was down right contagious. [B]?Yeah, I do.?[/B] Lex reached into her pocket and pulled her card sliding it through the panel on the side.

[B]?You?re the fighter that?ll be flyin her then??

?Looks like it.?

?Shiny? [/B]

Lex shook her head and then glanced over Kaylee?s shoulder and scanned the hanger. She saw a man also partially covered in grease walking around the hanger on the other side.

[B]?So there are more men on this craft.?[/B]

Kaylee looked over the her shoulder and then nodded vigorously ?[B]Yeah, I was really freaked by it at first but, we?ve been workin? on this heap for awhile now getting it ready and? it?s not actually that bad.?[/B]

[B]?Not that bad? Are you serious??[/B]

Kaylee looked at her and gave a slightly sad shrug [B]?I see you?re not all that optimistic?[/B] she said, glancing at the gun in Lex?s hand.
[B]
?Let?s just say, I?m wary.?[/B]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[SIZE=1]Axel looked at the women standing not so far from him. Women? His breath became heavy and a panicked looked covered his face. First thing he learned, the only thing he knew well was to fear or hate women. Even so he couldn't let them see him sweat. If women where going aboard the Obsession, this whole trip sounded worse and worse by the minute.

Axel sighed and returns to his normal hallow bored expression. He looked at the women, much different from what he depicted. The women were much smaller framed and not monstrous beast. They didn't have horns, a characteristic Axel thought all demons had. The worst thing that puzzled Axel was how these women smelled. He could smell them from where he was standing. This wasn?t a terrible smell; it was nowhere near horrible but it was sweet smelling aroma. Axel sniffed the air and his nostrils were filled with this pleasant aroma. What cologne did this women use? This aroma was much different from the colognes he was use to.

He looked at the women up and down. They really expected him to work with women and not get eating alive? One of the women saw him looking which she followed up with a glare filled with hatred. Axel winced and smiled at the woman, something he did when nervous or terrified. The only thought that ran through Axel?s mind was 'I'm I going to die now?? Before his death could occur Axel turned and walked as fast his legs can take him into the Obsession.

Even picking a Volker Axel wasn?t choosey. He was okay with any Volker that was left. Yet since he was down here already it doesn?t hurt to look around. He spotted one of the four women already inside the hanger. Axel tried calmly to walk past but failed as he flashed a small smile at the woman. This has proved to be more difficult then he once thought. [/SIZE] [/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT][i]Get to know your fellow crew members because you?re going to be with them for a long time....[/i]

Easier said than done.

Neron watched as everyone dispersed onto the [i]Obsession[/i]. He studied them all closely, receiving some disapproving glares in return. But that's the sort of person he was. Observant and distant. It was what made him one of the best doctors around.

However, he couldn't help but feel somewhat excited about the whole situation. Indeed, he expected things to be out of the ordinary on board, but even this had flung him out into left field. The opportunity to study the females was a most exciting prospect, considering that man had never had a chance to before.

Then something suddenly clicked inside his mind. The Rasm government had asked him to document the ship's events, including those that the crew on board had experienced and all of his data from his ward. That would certainly include the females' data. Neron wondered what exactly the Rasm government had up their sleeve. But there was no point in thinking it over now. He didn't have much information because this was only the beginning. Things would get much deeper before this adventure was over.

Sliding his circular framed glasses back up his nose, the doctor strode on board and went about finding his workplace - the ship's ward. Various crew members dodged around him as he walked down numerous corridors. The internal structure of the ship was like a maze - one gigantic maze. Supposably, the [i]Obsession[/i] could support 450 crew members. That was a lot of members for Neron to treat. Hopefully, he would have some help.[/color]

OOC: Anyone can meet up with Neron if they like.[/size][/INDENT]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Abelia wandered down the hallways slowly, twirling on her feet while long slender digits dragged along the metal flesh of the Obsession. Her mind was a confused mixture of surprise, anger, joy and awe. The ship was amazingly large, and she was more than happy to be upon it. However, it almost hurt to not be told that there would be [i]men[/i] on the ship. Sighing, Abelia turned right down the hallway and into an open doorway. A room bustled with life, women chattering all around as several prepared food and set it out. It looked like it'd be time to eat soon.

Gently and gingerly, Abelia explored the hallways of the ship, taking her sweet time to get to the hangar. She continued down a hallway until she bumped into someone. Looking up at who it was, the apology already left her lips when saw it was a man. Her teeth grit in anger and it took all she could for Abelia not to shove the man out of the way, or down to the ground. However, she slowly hissed and let the air pass through her full red lips before she put a hand out tenatively.

[b]"Abelia."[/b] That was all that Abelia could manage right then, her other hand wringing the side of her dress. Slowly, the man stretched his hand out to take her's gently. Her eyes locked onto his spectacles and she blushed momentarily, realizing they shared the same problem.

[b]"...Neron."[/b] They shook hands, not letting to for a while. Abelia faltered. Were these really demons, when they looked so similar, felt so similar? She shook her head mentally and grit her teeth on the inside of her lips. They were demons, they had to be. If that's what the government taught, then that is what it is.

[b]"I'm a Volker pilot."[/b] She said simply, not wanting to get into too much detail. Looking him up and down, she analyzed that he was probably someone of mediocre to high importance to the ship.

[b]"I'm the ship's doctor."[/b] Neron replied, looking at her over his glasses as she wrung her hands into her dress. Abelia was staring back just as intently. To anyone watching, it must of looked like they were about to exchange blows.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]Neron felt the intensity of Abelia's glare. Inside, he gave a soft chuckle. It should have been expected, for, he assumed, females were taught that men were demons, as men were taught that women were demons. He had no doubt that this would be the case. Abelia's glare and the reaction the other females had proved that theory.

[b]" So.... you are a Volker pilot.... are you not supposed to be down in the hanger?"[/b] Neron questioned, his grey eyes looking searchingly at the delicate girl before him. She gave him a surprised look. His voice was gentle, and free of any malice. But it was also cool and distant - something she did expect.

[b]" I'm taking my time. There is still a while before we launch,"[/b] Abelia replied, a certain iciness in her voice. Neron couldn?t help but smile at her defensive nature against him. It was odd, but rather humorous in a way also. The overall situation was odd. Neron could just imagine God sitting up there, looking down and laughing at them.

[b]? Have you past the ward on your travels??[/b] Neron asked, trying to sound less intimidating so he might actually receive an answer. [b]? It seems that this ship is rather large and I haven?t been given any directions.?[/b]

Again, Abelia was shocked. This doctor? was so polite, even to her ? a woman. Something wasn?t right here. Warning bells went off inside of Abelia?s mind, making her keep on her toes. Why would a man be so polite to her? It didn?t make any sense.

[b]? I think I saw it near the hanger,?[/b] she answered simply and stiffly.

[b]? Why thank you.?[/b] Neron gave a slight bow of the head before walking off. However, he paused mid-step and looked back around at Abelia with a small, reassuring smile upon his lips. [b]? Perhaps you should accompany me, since I am heading in the same direction you should be.?[/b]

The doctor knew this was a bold move, especially with how this situation unfolded. But, they had to start somewhere. Now was as good a time as any. He watched Abelia debate within herself if she should go or not. After a time, she seemed to have come to a decision. Looking up at the doctor with hard eyes, she nodded.

[b]? Fine. I?ll go with you. Just so you know, I wouldn?t be going with you if I couldn?t help it.?[/b]

[b]? Very well,?[/b] Neron said with a knowing gaze.

Abelia took the lead and strode down the largest of the corridors. Neron followed, taking note of his surroundings, making a mental map inside of his mind. They passed a few people on the way, mostly women to Neron?s surprise. He wondered where the male part of the crew were hiding.

After ten minutes, Abelia stopped and showed him to the ward. Neron looked in through the doorway, smiled then looked back at Abelia. His grey eyes were warm from behind his glasses, but his persona was still cool and distant.
[b]? Thank you for brining me here. I expect we?ll see each other often since you are a Volker pilot, and I am the one that will treat your wounds.?[/b]

With that, Neron walked into the ward without another sound. [/size][/color][/INDENT]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Yuri let out a heavy sigh, as he trudged off, his bag in one hand, the heavy pilot's manual in the other. [i]Women! Why do they have to have women on this ship?![/i] He pondered over this sudden and shocking development as he tried to make his way towards his quarters.

After about half an hour of getting lost and running into a few very disgruntled women, all of whom gave him a look of sever loathing, which Yuri tried to equally return, he finally made it to his room. He slid his ID through the reader and the door promptly slid open.[i]Home, sweet home, I supose...[/i]

After putting his belongings away, he sat on the bed and pulled out the large pilot's manual he was suposed to memorize. Yuri had heard that the Obsession featured a new, experimental piloting system, and judging from the size of his reading material, the rumors were true. Just as he began to read the first chapter, his stomach let out a rather loud groun. [i]I guess it is about time to eat.[/i]

Yuri made his way back towards the galley, his pilot's manual in tow. He figured he could get some reading done while he ate. He sat down at an empty table with a tray full of food. He took one bite of his bread, a sip of milk, than left the rest alone as he began to study his manual. The galley was packed with crew members, but Yuri managed to tune out the massive din. That is until someone taped him on the shoulder.[/size]

OOC~ Tag, anyone![/color]

OOC: Sorry to those that haven?t posted, but I?ve decided to move this along, even though this RPG may be dead.

[size=2][center][u][b]Chapter 2: The Harvesters[/size][/u][/b][/center]

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]A blaring alarm screeched through the entire structure of the [I]Obsession[/I]. All of the crew, including the newest and most important of the group, looked up at the flashing red lights on the ceilings above them. A booming male voice resonated through the metallic battleship.

? Captain, pilot and registrar ? to the bridge immediately! Volker pilots, stand by on level 2 battle status*!?

Neron looked up from the paperwork he decided to get a head start on. His long, hazelnut blonde hair sat on his shoulders as he listened to the announcement. He wondered what all the commotion was about, then he checked the time. The time had come for the [I]Obsession[/I] to launch. A purge of excitement ran through his veins. This would be the start of some great adventure that would hopefully live up to his expectations.

[center]========================================[/center]

The launch of the [I]Obsession[/I] was pulled off without any major hiccups. The crew seemed to be working well together, but this was a fragile peace. It would only take one arrogant comment to send most of the crew into a fighting frenzy. All were on edge and ready to spring into action, especially the newest members of the crew.

Well into the first stretch of the [I]Obsession?s[/I] maiden voyage, Neron decided to make an effort to befriend any of the new crew members, be it male or female. He did feel a little apprehensive about the reaction of any female crew member he may come across in his travels. They all seemed to be stuck in their ways of hating men, but of course, that was expected. Many of Neron?s fellow man had killed womankind. There was no doubt that this was going to be on hell of a ride.

The doctor wandered up to the mess hall where he could hear the buzz of conversation. Upon looking inside, he could see that most of the new crew members ? the ones that had boarded the same time as he ? were eating. It was a perfect opportunity, however, he foresaw one problem.

The room was separated into a male area, and a female area. Whether this was deliberate or not, Neron thought it was the best strategy to avoid conflicts for the mean time. He walked to the counter, grabbed a tray of odd-looking food from a very disgruntled female before joining the three men he had boarded with. They all looked rather solemn after the launch.

[b]? My? this journey seems to have taken a turn for the worst already??[/b] Neron commented on the looks of each of the faces of the three men that sat at the table.[/size][/color][/INDENT]

OOC: Men, have a conversation with Neron. Women, have a conversation with each other. We really need to get this moving along folks. Thanks.

Lex scanned the dinning area and saw the men and woman had separated themselves as usual with a seat or two in-between each end of the table.
She grabbed a tray of food and pulled up a seat next to a nervous looking blue eyed girl she knew was another of the fighters.

[B]?Hey, I?m Lex? [/B] she extended a hand to her.
[B]
?Abelia?[/B] she said taking her hand cautiously

Lex gave her a reassuring smile [B]?It?s ok, we?re on the same deck after all.? [/B]

The mechanic Kaylee came bouncing into the the room, grinning as usual. She grabbed a tray and sat next to Lex, right next to one of the men.

[B]?Hi, I?m Kaylee? [/B] she extended a hand to the guy next to her who looked like he might have just been bitten by something awful. [B]?It?s alright, promise.?[/B] He very slowly reached over and quickly shook her hand. Kaylee gave it a firm shake and smiled [B]?I?ve seen you around the vogel?s, you?re a fighter right?? [/B]

The guy nodded [B]?I?m Axel?[/B]

[B]?Shiny?[/B]

Lex turned to Kaylee and touched her shoulder [B]?What are you doing??[/B]

[B]?Just a bit of socializin?. Why, what?s wrong??[/B]

Lex stared at her unblinkingly.[B] ?Nothing... it?s just? nothing?[/B]

Kaylee looked at her questioningly, then turned and started trying to converse with one of the male mechanics across the table and a few people down from them. Lex was stunned. [I]Was this girl seriously that naive or? were these men not that bad?[/I]

Abelia was also staring at Kaylee [B]?wow, she?s got gumption I?ll give her that.?[/B]

Lex turned to Abelia and shrugged [B]?I remember when we first boarded she said something about having been on board with the men for awhile and that they weren?t a threat?it worries me, and yet...?[/B]

[B]?It makes you wonder huh?? [/B] Abelia finished, warming up to Lex and talking more easily.

[SIZE=1]
A woman sat next to Axel on the table. Axel froze his body set on panic. He started to release a cold sweat; it was a time to fear for his life. He smiled terrified what would happen to him. Where would she hide his body? This ship looked big enough and he was a good height to fit anywhere.
[B]
?I?m Kaylee? [/B] She extended her hand.

Axel backed off.

?It?s alright. I promise?? Kaylee reassured.

Axel slowly grabbed her hand and shook quickly pulling away. He looked at his hand for the worst.

[B] ?I?ve seen you around the vogel?s, you?re a fighter right??[/B]

Axel nodded [B]?Yes?? [/B]

He actually had the courage to talk to a woman? Axel felt surprised at himself. He was a coward and weak. Has the women sense this already? This was a bad idea?

[B]?Nice to meet you but?.I?ll be going? [/B] Axel sat up with a smile and went to fill up his tray. Kaylee looked at him surprised maybe thinking she might have said something wrong. Axel had to find another table with men. He couldn?t be comfortable talking to her. He wanted a quite peaceful all men table.

Axel sat down at the mess hall table. His plate was filled with huge portions of everything the kitchen had to offer. No more slug, gluer, nasty grub, or watery substances which call themselves food. He could get use to the service here as he hadn?t had a decent meal in years. He grabbed a hamburger taking huge bite out of it. He looked around, the women where on the other side. Axel sighed in relief almost choking. He could eat in peace not been a women?s lunch.

The men he saw earlier sat in the same table. Each of them minded there own business, not really knowing each other. Was this a healthy relationship toward co-workers? Axel munched on his hamburger not caring as it was too bothersome. He wanted to concentrate on his food, enjoying every morsel.

[B]?My?this journey seems to have taken a turn for the worst already??[/B] A voice came out.

Axel chocked hearing this disturbance of the ?peace? of the table let alone his eating. He quickly grabbed another person?s water and chugged it. The choked on hamburger piece slowly slithered down his throat to his stomach. Axel gasped in relief of pain setting the glass down. He looked at the man; he guessed he was a doctor as he heard from before. Axel guessed he also wanted small talk.

[B]?I guess??[/B] Allen spoke taking another bite of his burger, amusing the doctor with conversation. He hoped soon this would fill the doctor up and he would quietly eat his lunch like the others.

[B]?Women on the ship, this is interesting. The separated us to two different tables, I guess is for the best?? [/B] The doctor sat down.

[B]?Yeah??[/B] Axel sighed [B]?I?m sort of relived. These women would eat me alive; I?m nobody special unlike you guys?.?[/B]

Axel chewed on his burger slowly. If any of the men were going down by the hand of these women he would be the first to go. He considered himself fragile and weak, perfect women bate. He looked around seen how each of the guys in the table could easily take down one of the women. This annoyed him yet relieved that he didn?t have to do too much work by this guy?s side.

[B]?Take care of me doc. I would be the first to injure?save a seat for me on your doctor table when our first mission starts?[/B] Axel said as a warning. He sighed and ate his food letting them acknowledge the weakest link. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Abelia stretched her lithe limbs out and then began to eat slowly and softly. She didn't seem too interested with the food. Her eyes wandered back over to Lex and after a moment, she put down her utensils and began to speak again.

[b]"It does make me wonder, really...why would they put men on the ship and not tell us about it? Why put men on the ship at all? We're perfectly capable of doing this all on our own. We've done it for years."[/b]

[b]"I dunno, maybe it's some head games or something. Maybe they're not real."[/b]

[b]"Bleh...they're real. They have to be. I bumped into one in the hall. Name's like...Neron or Neero or something. Men sure do have strange names. Who would name their child Neron?"[/b] Abelia wondered out loud, playing lazily with her food. She was reminded at her mother's soft reprimand at such actions and smiled. Lex seemed to enjoy doing the same, neither exactly interested with their food for the time being.

[b]"What did he feel like? Was he different? Did he smell different?"[/b] Lex asked, her voice spiked with interest. Abelia shrugged and poked a hole through the mashed potatoes with her fork. Abelia couldn't help herself and giggled.

[b]"He felt like plush cotton clothes, he seemed larger than us women, and he didn't exactly smell like anything. I don't sniff people, much less...men."[/b] Abelia said, still trying to get used to the idea of having [i]men[/i] aboard the ship.

[b]"Why do you think they're on the ship, Lex?"[/b][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER][B]"Systems checks on all Volkers."[/B] Xerinth was in her typical working mode as worked with the spacecrafts unique computer design. While the rest of the "crew" was dinning Laura took the opportunity to work with the AI systems and robotics to get ahead of her duties. With such tension in the air, they needed to be ready for anything.
[B][COLOR=Black]
[LEFT]All Volkers Meet Standard Regulations And Are All At 115% Working Capacity[/LEFT][/COLOR][/B]

Pressing a series of coordinates and commands into her small computer on her arm, Volkers all over the station began to mix and match according to name registrations. [I]We might as well make it interesting for them...[/I] Xerinth smiled to herself at her sedistic humor as she took a deep sigh, realizing that there was no human presense around to share with her in her humor.

[B]"Oh well."[/B] Taking out a plastic pen, Xerinth typed a series of numbers into her planner to be filtered out to every Volker Pilotes room on the ship.
[I][COLOR=Black][B][RIGHT]
Attention all Volker Pilotes...at 1800 hours there will be a full debreafing on your new Volker Models and battle strategies. Thank you...Dr. Laura Xerinth, Obsession.[/RIGHT][/B][/COLOR][/I]

[I]What a day...[B]"yawn"[/B][/I] but Xerinth new that her night wasn't over yet. Thinking about meeting with the other crew members, she decided not to until the debreafing later that night...to try and keep some kind of professionalizm with this new element of "men" being on the Obsession.
[I]
Maybe I'll mix it up a little tonight[/I]. Smiling to herself again in her humorous ways she planned on what and how the meeting would go. [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]Neron peered over his glasses at the young man before him. He spoke so shamefully about himself that it surprised the doctor. He thought that the men chosen to be with him on board would have been all the brash, aggressive type. But it seems his theory was proven wrong. This young man seemed to feel he was weak and not worthy of his position upon the ship, especially with the women around. And the captain Neron had seen before they boarded the ship seemed clumsy and out of place.

When the young man started to rattle on about needing a regular place at the ward, Neron gave a soft smile. At the end of his talking, the doctor looked over at him very seriously. He didn?t want to say anything too encouraging, just in case the things that he had said may be true, but the doctor also didn?t want to say anything that would confirm them.

[b]? I shall keep a bed aside for you? but? after the first mission, I believe that you will be more sure of yourself. We are all new in this situation. None of us, including the women, has an advantage over the other because of this strange occurrence.?[/b]

[b]? Heh? maybe??[/b] the young man replied, taking the last bit of his burger.

Then the announcement for the Volker fighters rang over the ship?s intercom. Neron looked up at the speakers, wondering if anything important was happening. However, the young man he was talking to swore softly before standing up to put away his tray.

[b]? You are a Volker fighter??[/b] Neron questioned. The young man nodded. [b]? May I have your name??[/b]

[b]? It?s Axel.?[/b]

[b]? Ah. Then good luck Axel. I hope everything goes well for you.?[/b]

Axel nodded his thanks and walked out of the mess hall. Neron watched him walk out before noticing three other women walk out of the hall, heading the same way. The doctor then suddenly realised that Axel was the only male Volker fighter in the group. Neron then felt very sorry for him.[/size][/color][/INDENT]

[SIZE=1]Axel looked up at the doctor. How would this doctor know that the first mission will give him a confidence boost? Axel didn?t care about fighting, about saving Rasm or Svune, or about the enemies he had to defeat. All he knew was that he wasn?t the greatest, strongest, or smartest person in the group. He didn?t have any confidence in himself or time to care enough about anything. Living as the vagabond, freeloading, moving from place to place, not having enough money in his pocket, barely going to his job, that?s what he knew well.

[I]?I will put a bed aside for you??[/I] He said. Axel was relieved for this, is better safe then sorry. What the doc said about no one having an advantage might be true. Even so Axel felt unsure about everything. Everyone in this room had been assigned a great job. Maybe that?s why they were on the Obsession? All that Axel had was extreme luck, and how badly he thought the Volker fighter choosers looked at his school grades.

Axel got up hearing the announcement. How annoying to be disturbed while eating. The worst then was that Axel was not ready to fight just yet. He hoped at least someone got his back. He was lazy and wanted one day of rest before asked to fight. Axel swear put away his tray and walked where the announcement asked him. He begged it not to be some mission. He hoped all it was some battle simulations, if so he might get a chance to sleep.

Axel walked through the hallway and noticed women behind him. He knew women would be Volker fighters yet something was strange. Axel bit lip noticing that [B]ALL[/B] the Volker Fighters where women. What, how can this turn out this way? He was the only man among the Volker fighters meaning he had to socialize with them the most. Axel looked behind him and one of the women stared back at him. Axel gave her a smile and looked forward. Axel kept his smile terrified of the outcome of this all women Volker fighter situation. Maybe his luck has run out. [/SIZE]

[font=Tahoma][size=1][color=purple]October sat in the dining quarter eating a small plate of chicken alfredo. She didn't have much of an appetite, it was too hard to eat when everyone was so close to their edge. [b]"Well most everyone"[/b] She thought as a female mechanic walked around introducing herself to almost every man in sight. Other than that you could cut the tension in the air with a dull knife.[/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=purple] [/color][/size]
[font=Tahoma][size=1][color=purple]Twirling her fork in the noodles she looked up and over at the men,[b] "What? they're not even eating food, they're eating pulls, that can't be normal."[/b] October mutterted to herself before a small chirp of her wrist display caught her attention. Looking down a message slid across the small screen.[/color][/size][/font]
[indent][i][size=1][color=purple]Attention all Volker Pilotes...at 1800 hours there will be a full debreafing on your new Volker Models and battle strategies. Thank you...Dr. Laura Xerinth, Obsession.[/color][/size][/i]
[/indent][size=1][color=purple][b]"Well looks like I got some time before then, might as well go check out the ship some more."[/b] Standing October grabbed her plate emptying the remaining noodles into the trash, it was a shame, it was good too. Sighing over the loss, she walked out of the cafeteria,[b] "I need some coffee...."[/b][/color][/size]
[b][size=1][color=#800080][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=1][color=#800080]OOC, Sorry that this post is so short, but I just wanted to get something posted since I haven't posted for a long time.[/color][/size][/b]

[B]"Why do you think they're on the ship, Lex?"

?I don?t know, but they put us together for a reason. Our leaders decided this, not some ship owner, this is our government deciding this, there has to be a reason??[/B]

The three female fighters stood together and cleared their plates commencing down the hall behind a nervous looking guy.

Lex watched the man that was walking with them.[i] Where women really that much better fighters that only one man had been selected? He seemed so nervous? well, who wouldn?t be being this out numbered by persons you?ve been taught ally our life were evil back-stabbing murdering lunatics? [/i]For the first time she actually felt something toward a man on this ship? [I]sympathy.[/I]

OOC: Sorry I haven?t replied lately everyone. No internet and university. >> Anyway, we actually get to start some action now. Hope everyone?s still a little interested.

[size=1][color=#666666][INDENT]A screaming signal blared through the [i]Obsession[/i]. Neron looked up from his meal. That sound had a foreboding feeling about it, as if it spelt trouble. To the doctor?s amazement, the crew inside the mess hall scrambled. They all knew what the signal meant. A rush of people exited the room, leaving Neron by his lonesome, wondering what on earth was going on.

[b]ALL PILOTS TO THE HANGER FOR IMMEDIATE LAUNCH![/b] a female voice shouted strongly over the intercom. Hearing that, Neron leapt to his feet, his long hazelnut-blonde hair swishing around his waist in a tussle. He left his tray where he sat and strode quickly up the bridge.

Everyone was in a such a panic. The whole ship was on level red status alert. Neron faintly remembered reading something about this alert in his paperwork back down in his ward. It meant that battle was at hand. The sliding metal doors to the bridge opened to a sight the doctor thought he would never have to witness.

Out in the stormy nebula dust before them was a ship. It looked very similar to the [i]Obsession[/i] but was in the shape of a rectangular box. As Neron watched, two flaps on either side of the ship opened and slowly worked up to a right angle of the ship where it stopped. It glowed an ominous red before hundreds upon hundreds of what seemed like tiny robots zoomed out of the flaps and towards the [i]Obsession[/i].

Chaos erupted on board. People were shouting everywhere. Commands were being issued but not followed ? man and woman not wanting to work together. Streams of lasers came towards the ship. Neron wondered what the pilots were doing in the hanger. Wasn?t it their duty to protect the ship from the enemy?

The doctor looked out at the one-sided battle before him. His eyes narrowed dangerously. There was grave concern for everyone on board if the Volker pilots didn?t do something soon.[/color][/INDENT]

OOC:

[b]Pilots ?[/b] Time to show us your stuff. The small robots aren?t much of a fight, but when there is hundreds of them, it more than enough. Also, describe to us others what your Volkers look like, since this is their first appearance.

[b]Others ?[/b] refer to the acceptance letter I PMed you all on what your job is to do during battle, and post away.

[b]Sakura & BK ?[/b] You can enter the battle however you like, but make sure people know you aren?t from the [i]Obsession[/i].

Thanks all.[/size]