OtakuBoards

How many fights have you been in? How many fights have you seen?

Mythologicly

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']I know what you're getting at Farto, and most people would imagine they could catch a kick before it impacts, but in all reality, the better trained guys could kick you in the head before you've even realised it. [/SIZE][/quote]

Wait a minuite i box and now i\I'm learning a bit of wrestling but i just wanted to say that cause I beat the the team captain in a match :animesmil that will teach him to take my GF.

But any way if we fought not that i want to no offence but if you did a kick to my head I could most likly block it and if not that dodge and then why your of balance come up with a combo of powerful haymakers with some quick jabs.

[QUOTE=Mythologicly]Wait a minuite i box and now i\I'm learning a bit of wrestling but i just wanted to say that cause I beat the the team captain in a match :animesmil that will teach him to take my GF.

But any way if we fought not that i want to no offence but if you did a kick to my head I could most likly block it and if not that dodge and then why your of balance come up with a combo of powerful haymakers with some quick jabs.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Go pick a fight with a purple belt or higher Mythologicly and see if you can block a seriously intended shot to the head. One of the guys in my school is going for his first black belt in about three months and despite the fact this guy is no taller than 5'5" he can kick nearly [I]six and a half[/I] feet high hard. You might be able to dodge a shot if you're quick enough, but wrestling is completely different to Tae-Kwon-Do.[/SIZE]

[quote name='The Boss][size=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Also, not all martial arts schools are equal. Example, I went to my first tournament as a red belt and it soon dawned on me that I could easily defeat the majority of the black belts at the school who hosted the tournament. The funniest thing was, that each of them boasted about how they have "amazing defense" or "unpredictable kicks" and yet none of them sparred and their form techniques were awful and lazy.[/COLOR'][/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I love when that happens, it really is one of the funniest things ever. I was at a tournament supporting my brother's "dojo" for the lack of a better word, and the so called "best trained school in Ireland" the Black Dragons were absolutely beaten off the floor. Most of these guys had black or orange belts (though the grading system varies from dojo to dojo) and they lost to whites and yellows in most of their matches. Belts don't necessarily mean you're any good at fighting, or hell even katas if you've got a lazy enough master.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Mythologicly']If i fought someone with martial arts skill I wouldn't try to wrestle them I would stick to boxing but it doesn't matter what there able to do or what I'm able to it would depend on skill alone. ;)[/quote]
Unless you're in Judo (or something similar) the idea would be to stay off the ground. Most Martial Arts are made for fighting on, or with (tai kwon do), your feet. So you do almost anything to stay off the ground.

Myself, I'm in Karate-Do, and have been for seven years now. I've been in my fair share of "fights", but most were just sparring matches. Actually, I'm not very fond of fighting, but the only reason I spar is to keep my skills sharp.

[quote name='Gavin']Belts don't necessarily mean you're any good at fighting, or hell even katas if you've got a lazy enough master.[/quote]
Isn't that the truth. I've been if actuall fights where any training I had was proven useless by a [b]street-fighter[/b]. Rank means nothing unless you know how to use it in a fight.